The Nerf Devil's Content

There have been 77 items by The Nerf Devil (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#307092 No Time to Nerf

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 07 November 2011 - 04:00 PM in Off Topic

Good bye Captain Slug.

You have been an inspiration to me, sad to see you go.

#298877 My OctoShot Writeup - with video updates

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 28 May 2011 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

Finally posted by the original creator. Nicely done MIG. I like the paintjob.

#298876 and then the soothsayer returned...

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 28 May 2011 - 04:49 PM in Off Topic

Hey, it's a guy, who is alive. Glad to see you're healthy again. Welcome back and Nerf on.

#278499 Longshot Breech Questions

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 24 June 2010 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

You could try following hereticorp's write up for the angel breech.

#278366 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 23 June 2010 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

You have a point there Zorn. Whether or not some one who comments thinks this is better or worse than the Split-Tech is irrelevant.

I really like this mod. It is clean, rear loading, reasonably small, and looks cool with that paint job.

#255246 Nightfinder And Nerf Sword Intergration

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 03 November 2009 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

So you think a nitefinder with a blade sticking out of it is the ultimate nerf gun? There is no such thing as the ultimate nerf gun. Concept threads are extremely erotic here. Barrel taps are allowed in wars so you do not need a bayonet, as long as your gun is loaded you can simply use your barrel. If you are doing it and you are stuck post a help thread in the mod section.

#255147 Need Your Help

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 01 November 2009 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

...Base Gun
Upgrades
Ammunition...

To me this says that he wants to know what gun to buy and what upgrades to buy and drop in and what ready made ammunition to buy. To me that means he thinks you can buy upgrades and decent darts, which tells me he doesn't know anything about nerf. It seems he doesn't want to do any work he just wants to drop in a new whatever load it up and it will be accurate to 100 feet and be fully automatic at 70RPM. Nerf doesn't work like that buddy. You have to mod your own guns yourself, there are no ready made parts for them. The darts you can buy suck, you need to make your own darts or buy from a NIC member. So if you don't want to get your hands dirty go get an angel contract and figure out what gun you want through research. Or look at what has been done look at pictures of the internals and go mod something yourself. It is that simple.

#254336 Happy B-day To Groove!

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 22 October 2009 - 06:32 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday Groove.

#253642 Best Modification

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 15 October 2009 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

You should make a Doomsayer.

#253456 Hell Before Halloween #3

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 13 October 2009 - 01:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there +2.

#251505 Nitefinder Problem....fixed

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 24 September 2009 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

I am going to go with it wasn't properly seated. If it is in the right spot on all older nitefinders it would be held together by parts at the right spots. This nitefinder seems the same just with the glue. Did you remove the entire peg piece or just the middle of it?

I had the entire assembly removed. I came to the conclusion the blaster muzzle is loosed by comparing the Modded Nite Finder to the unmodded Finder. I also notice a small crack in the screw well near the muzzle, which I also suspect might influence the accuracy. I believe the crack came from over-tightening the screw.

Posted Image
That part. Did you remove it or just bore it out? If you removed it put it back in.(Photo courtesy of Jakethesnake/the internals thread)

#251464 Nitefinder Problem....fixed

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 23 September 2009 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I am going to go with it wasn't properly seated. If it is in the right spot on all older nitefinders it would be held together by parts at the right spots. This nitefinder seems the same just with the glue. Did you remove the entire peg piece or just the middle of it?

#251411 Ottawa War

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 23 September 2009 - 03:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Really? No one nerfs nearby or would be willing to drive?

#251345 Hell Before Halloween #3

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 22 September 2009 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be there and if I am I will either be +1 or +2. Will let you know for sure soon.

#251037 Triple Nightfinder Help

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 20 September 2009 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I think he meant blow. If your seal is too good it creates too much friction. Have you lubricated the plunger head? Streamlines or raider/longshot/recon darts have a hole in one side that causes them to fishtail out of higher power guns and don't weigh enough to work well with higher power guns. Streamlines are also loose in 9/16 which is a bad thing for springers you want a tight fit, try putting some 17/32 or tightening rings in the back of the barrel.

#251025 Triple Nightfinder Help

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 20 September 2009 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

So when it is primed the spring is fully compressed? What barrel material are you using? What is the fit like with your foam? How is your seal?

#251012 Triple Nightfinder Help

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 20 September 2009 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

Well I am going to say first check other areas like barrel fit, plunger seal, and did you lube it? Also have you been loading the darts all the way back?(Stupid question I know but it has to be asked in my opinion) How stiff is the spring? How far back does it catch?

#250929 Ottawa War

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 19 September 2009 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

If I arranged a war in the Ottawa area(Kanata, Carleton place, Carp, Gatineau, etc.) would there be anyone who would be interested in coming? If so any suggestions for date or location?

#250652 Happy Birthday Sluggy!

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 16 September 2009 - 07:39 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday you two!

#250376 Gatling Gun Ideas.

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 13 September 2009 - 09:41 PM in Homemades

Yeah that would be the closest you would get with a mod. But if you want to try a homemade you might try borrowing some ideas from this.

#241299 New Barrel Matirial Found!.

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 10 July 2009 - 03:18 PM in Modifications

And might I add, how thirsty must Canadians be to need half-inch straws?

Not just in Canada, remember I said Boba drinks.

Oh sorry I missed that.

#241233 New Barrel Matirial Found!.

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 10 July 2009 - 01:49 AM in Modifications

And might I add, how thirsty must Canadians be to need half-inch straws?

Hey quiet you, we aren't that thirsty. Actually they are straws for slushies if you read the thread and they don't melt up here in Canada like they do down in the states.

#241148 I'm Having Some Issues With My New Doomsayer...

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 July 2009 - 06:21 PM in General Nerf

I found either epoxy and/or Goop worked best.

#241142 I'm Having Some Issues With My New Doomsayer...

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 July 2009 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

Just be sure to glue it down really well and make sure your rear loading holes are smooth.

#241097 New Barrel Matirial Found!.

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 July 2009 - 04:24 PM in Modifications

Who did you trade it to? Could whoever it is get a picture of the speed loader?

#241070 New Barrel Matirial Found!.

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 July 2009 - 02:18 PM in Modifications

I saw you using these at massacre the seemed fragile(there were cracks in it and chunks out of the speed loader) and the fit looked closer to that of 1/2-17/32 brass.

#241063 I'm Having Some Issues With My New Doomsayer...

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 July 2009 - 02:05 PM in General Nerf

What have you done to improve turret seal?

#241059 I'm Having Some Issues With My New Doomsayer...

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 July 2009 - 01:57 PM in General Nerf

Most likely seals, does the plunger head move very slowly if you put you hand over the end of the barrel(no darts) and fire? If not you have a seal problem with the turret or plunger tube. The turret seal problem could be because it isn't rotating all the way because the dart holes are catching on the O-ring or washer.

#240172 Air Zone Scorpion Bow Optimization

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 04 July 2009 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

Great work, I liked the write-up and side comic a lot. BTW I didn't think Hector was scary.

#237157 Vos Pistol

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 18 June 2009 - 02:27 PM in Homemades

Really nice gun, I like it a lot. I have a suggestion for the paint job, add some darker blues or reds and some gray, it would add some variety and in my opinion maintain the darker, more professional look you are going for.

#236325 Other Nerf Blasters Coming Down The Pike?

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 14 June 2009 - 09:28 PM in General Nerf

I know that there has been much talk and speculation about the Raider CS-35 and the new Furyfire DTG blasters coming out this year but I was cruising google and I read here: http://wiki.answers....ing_out_in_2009 about a couple other blasters that I think were mentioned as being bourne out of the Nerf N-Strike game for the Nintendo Wii. I read in the article that one of them is on hold. Anybody who is a little more in the know have any info on either of the other two blasters mentioned in that article?

Fail much?

Accurate and precise my ass. New color schemes for guns have weaker springs.

I know. I was laughing, too.

Great find. Tantum I am going to bet the double barrel pump shotgun will stink because it is based around a pair of maverick turrets. I can not wait for more info on the spartan.

Please, for the sake of all that is pure, tell me that was sarcastic.

Don't worry it was.

#236310 Other Nerf Blasters Coming Down The Pike?

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 14 June 2009 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

Great find. Tantum I am going to bet the double barrel pump shotgun will stink because it is based around a pair of maverick turrets. I can not wait for more info on the spartan.

#235725 Ultra Dumb Ls. Halp!

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 11 June 2009 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

Are you using stefans or streamlines? Stefans are horrid in stock breaches on longshots and recons.

#235713 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 11 June 2009 - 08:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war to attend. Really enjoyed meeting all of you that were there. Great video angel, can't wait for the rest of it!

#235672 Ultra Dumb Ls. Halp!

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 11 June 2009 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

1/2" PVC will decrease ranges because with the stock breach you won't get an air seal past the breach meaning a well fitting barrel with the stock breach will simply increase the chance of the dart hitting the sides or rubbing, which increases friction and causes decreased range. I know it decreases ranges because I have done what you did it doesn't work at all, simply re breach it, minimize it, single it, put the stock barrel back in, or remove the barrel completely.

#235242 Performance Differences In Variants (color, Etc.) Of The Same Gun

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 June 2009 - 04:55 PM in General Nerf

Who said they have to have a different shape to be different version? It is a different gen of Nitefinder NOT the gen one, clear parts, different paint scheme, and most likely a weaker spring.

#235233 Performance Differences In Variants (color, Etc.) Of The Same Gun

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 09 June 2009 - 04:18 PM in General Nerf

There are 7 different versions of the NF that I can think of off the top of my head:
Gen-1
Blue/Yellow N-strike
Yellow/Black N-strike
Yellow/Grey N-strike
Grey/Green N-strike
Red/Grey Dart Tag
Blue/Grey Dart Tag

Again, the Gen-1 is the only "different" one. The rest just have different paintjobs. The diskshot is obviously based on the NF, but has a few internal differences; at least, that's what the nerfer wiki says. I've never opened one up.

Actually I believe there are 8 or more the ones you listed and this one.

#233814 Longshot Help

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 01 June 2009 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

The Inventor Guy did a write-up on it, the write-up is in both the mod directory and LS thread here is the link.

#232481 Longshot Dismantle

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 25 May 2009 - 03:50 PM in Modifications

Yeah, that one I wasn't sure about but he had all the locks, but looking at it now I am sure it isn't the catchplate. I know it isn't a lock because the only one not there is the one at the back of the PT.

#232467 Longshot Dismantle

Posted by The Nerf Devil on 25 May 2009 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

The catchplate goes near the very back, it is just in front of the part of the piece that rotates the primed indicator.