Photo

Longshot Breech Questions

13 replies to this topic

#1 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

I'm attempting my third Angel Breech soon here, and after messing up two, I'm going to do my best not to have a repeat for the third. However, before I start, I had a couple fast questions. First off, I've heard this breech can be sized down so that the barrel is 17/32" instead of 9/16"... is this true? And second, is there anyone that has the measurements of the brass lengths offhand? I think FA posted some a few pages into his original thread, but I never were able to make these work for me. My breech would not need to open up as quite wide as his, only to around 2" or a little less. Thanks for any replies, I appreciate the help.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#2 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:02 PM

I know that the breech cut is 3 inches or 3 1/2 inches.
Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#3 jaybo1996

jaybo1996

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Disregard, failed Effeminateally by not thinking about it. I was talking about a demon breech.

Edited by jaybo1996, 24 June 2010 - 07:01 PM.

01:15 N9> The problem with nerfers: We're around plastic. Plastic contains estrogenic compounds, so we're more feminine than the rest of the world.

WTF, are you in Tony Stark's basement!?'

#4 jakejagan

jakejagan

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

9/16 is the piece that is 19/32, the barrel is 17/32 and the pusher is 15/32. That is the write-up down sized by one sixe. You could have the pusher be 1/2 in, but there would be more friction.
00:38 jakejagan I hear you guys still bring up the "gangsta shot"
00:38 Bags it is legend now

17:45 *** MrPzowned was kicked by Zorn (MrPzowned)
17:45 Zorn moral of the story: don't pick on idle mods yo

#5 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

Yes, simply by adding a peice of 17/32 brass inside the 9/16, you can make the barrel smaller.

Lies. You have to make all the pieces of brass one size smaller in the whole system. If you just add a new brass piece, the gun will not function correctly.
Call me Hawk.

Hawkshot, one of the founding FL Nerfers.

#6 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

All right, that doesnt seem so bad, I'll just downsize all the pieces by one. My second question is the only one left standing; does anyone have any measurements they've used in the past and had sucess with? I know its a bit of a long shot (excuse the crappy pun), but I thought I'd inquire anyways.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#7 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Coop made a very indepth vidio here

Edited by ficksterkid, 24 June 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#8 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

For a 17/32" angel breech you simply down size each piece of brass. Coop772 on youtube has a very nice, in-depth video write-up on how to make a 17/32" angel breach. Here's the link.

The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#9 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for the video link, this is really helping me out. Anyone ever tried the lengths he used in the video? Not to doubt Coop, but I'm just trying to be rather careful with this all.

#10 The Nerf Devil

The Nerf Devil

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

You could try following hereticorp's write up for the angel breech.
It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

#11 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

I would like to say that I made the standard angel breech with a 17/32 insert for smaller darts. You just need to make sure that the 1/2 inch pusher will not be touching the 17/32 piece. With this system you can fire different
"calibers" of foam and change the barrel accordingly. I will add that my longshot only shoots around 65 feet flat like this but it is probably just the darts (bit to loose) or the fact that the gun is like five years old. I don't see how doing this could hurt though.

#12 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hereticorp didn't have any measurements, but he did have a few useful tips that confirmed the lengths for me. Thanks again to everyone who gave advice, I think I've got this covered.

#13 SgNerf

SgNerf

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

Maybe i can add some input which might help, i've customised the measurements of all my brass breeched Longshots to chamber both shorter Stefans and standard sized Nerf darts.

You can check out my mod guide, it's got the exact measurements i use with a diagram:

http://modworks.blog...-mod-guide.html

It's based on the 9/16" barrel sizing, so if you are planning to go for 17/32" barrels instead, just size down and adjust accordingly.

Edited by SgNerf, 24 June 2010 - 10:58 PM.

Nerf News & Reviews! >> http://www.sgnerf.blogspot.com
Nerf Mod Guides! >> http://www.modworks.blogspot.com

#14 ficksterkid

ficksterkid

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

Thanks for the video link, this is really helping me out. Anyone ever tried the lengths he used in the video? Not to doubt Coop, but I'm just trying to be rather careful with this all.

I have made the breech following his instructions and it worked beautifully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users