Photo

Other Nerf Blasters Coming Down The Pike?

8 replies to this topic

#1 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

I know that there has been much talk and speculation about the Raider CS-35 and the new Furyfire DTG blasters coming out this year but I was cruising google and I read here: http://wiki.answers....ing_out_in_2009 about a couple other blasters that I think were mentioned as being bourne out of the Nerf N-Strike game for the Nintendo Wii. I read in the article that one of them is on hold. Anybody who is a little more in the know have any info on either of the other two blasters mentioned in that article?

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

Accurate and precise my ass. New color schemes for guns have weaker springs.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

Wow, nice find. I wonder what the "spartan" and the double barreled pump shotty will be like.

#4 The Nerf Devil

The Nerf Devil

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

Great find. Tantum I am going to bet the double barrel pump shotgun will stink because it is based around a pair of maverick turrets. I can not wait for more info on the spartan.
It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

#5 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

I know that there has been much talk and speculation about the Raider CS-35 and the new Furyfire DTG blasters coming out this year but I was cruising google and I read here: http://wiki.answers....ing_out_in_2009 about a couple other blasters that I think were mentioned as being bourne out of the Nerf N-Strike game for the Nintendo Wii. I read in the article that one of them is on hold. Anybody who is a little more in the know have any info on either of the other two blasters mentioned in that article?

Fail much?

I know. I was laughing, too.

Great find. Tantum I am going to bet the double barrel pump shotgun will stink because it is based around a pair of maverick turrets. I can not wait for more info on the spartan.

Please, for the sake of all that is pure, tell me that was sarcastic.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#6 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

I'd say the information in that article is questionable. Much of it seems to just be speculation that is stated as a fact, which spreads annoying rumors among those who can't tell the difference.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#7 The Nerf Devil

The Nerf Devil

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

Fail much?

I know. I was laughing, too.

Please, for the sake of all that is pure, tell me that was sarcastic.

Don't worry it was.
It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

We've already seen enough patent shit to take a guess at the stampede's existance. It's the only gun from the game other than the raider that's even possible without the use of Alien technology. If they ever release another gun from the game, it will be the stampede. Too bad it's just the bastard child of two Mavericks and a Doubleshot.

If the information in this article is accurate, and they are planning to release the Spartan eventually, then it is on hold because they can't figure out how to make that shit work.

Think about it. A 3 round burst weapon using LS clips? And each 3 round burst is primed with a single motion of the bolt? No way that shit will work.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#9 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

Think about it. A 3 round burst weapon using LS clips? And each 3 round burst is primed with a single motion of the bolt? No way that shit will work.

I don't know how everyone else has been thinking the 3 shot burst would work, but up until about a minute ago I thought that the plunger was supposed to be discharged 3 times with the darts advancing 3 times from a single trigger pull. What if the 3 shot burst is something more similar to shotgun loading 3 darts into a single barrel? If you had 3 advance teeth above the clip and long enough bolt action to use all of them, I would think it could be possible.

I'm sorry if this is what everybody else was thinking from the get go and I'm just late to the party, but it just popped into my head that there were 2 different ways to do a burst shot.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users