TheNerfLoki's Content

There have been 295 items by TheNerfLoki (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#229178 A Combat Sport

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 09 May 2009 - 11:27 AM in Off Topic

I would like to clear up something, the following statement is incorrect:

Airsoft BBs are like 5 cents or less, but they can only be fired once usually because they're small and you lose them outdoors, so you're throwing money away every time you fire your airsoft.

The only bbs that could concievably cost that much are SGMs, which are $niper bbs (yes, there can be "s.nipers" in airsoft). Also, even if you could find the bbs again, they would degrade your bucking and barrel. To the tread OP: people nerf because they prefer it over other sports. Same with AS and PB.

#223543 Community-wide Mod Contest

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 14 April 2009 - 09:36 AM in News

Whoops.

#217372 Search Nh With Google!

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 10 March 2009 - 06:48 PM in Site Feedback

Echnalaid, just use advanced search, and enter www.nerfhaven.com in the site box.

#216117 The Beast, Yet Another Nf Mod

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 03 March 2009 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Nice Mod! One slightly off topic thing: The stefans would be .50 to .54 caliber, not .177. Caliber is measured in inches, so .177 would be mush closer for 1/5 in. instead of 1/2 in.

#215585 The Use Of Duct Tape In Nerfing...

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 28 February 2009 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

Nice. I have made mag pulls (google it) for my magazines, out of duct tape . You should make some for those LS magazines.

#213610 Bullpup Design?

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 19 February 2009 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

1. Bullpup homemade Link .

2.That would not work unless you made it an airgun or in a design like the 4bp, because the rear space of a springer contains the spring.Any length you would be able to get rid of by making it a true bullpup, you would have to add to the end of the gun to accommodate the spring

3.It works in firearms because It allows you to move the barrel into the body of the firearm. But even the bullpup firearms have tons of problems. The L85A1 had to go through several revisions before it was as effective as it is today.

4. You would use polycarbonate, not plexiglas

Maxxem, you double posted.

#212895 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 16 February 2009 - 09:03 PM in General Nerf

From the handle, the stroke is tiny. Shame. I hope it's at least 3", so we can get a solid, sealing breech on there.

Split, look at the priming handle as compared to the streamline dart. Posted Image It looks to be just less than twice the length of the dart.Sorry, I just woke up and had bad perspective.

#212715 Noob Brass Question

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 16 February 2009 - 11:03 AM in General Nerf

it a warehouse stocked item at ace . have them order it for you and get it shipped to the store. or do a search and find another source.

The server doesn't like you.
On topic: McMasters sells brass, don't they?

#212519 Noob Mav Question

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 15 February 2009 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

you can CPVC a maverick but petg will work better. I have tried it.

Cpvc is just harder to get in the turret than PETG. The barrel material that works best is whatever fits your darts.

#212390 Machining Polycarbonate

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 15 February 2009 - 10:44 AM in Homemades

3. Which blades should I use for the scroll saw? (a Mcmaster part # would be greatly appreciated)

I don't have the part number, but I like spiral coping blade for harder materials, such as polycarbonate.

#212105 Ls

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 13 February 2009 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

No.

#211574 How Do You Open The Cs Clip Up.

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 11 February 2009 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

thanks but i almost got my took of like 6 layers of skin on my hand

What are you trying to say in that sentence phrase? To answer your question, just pull the sides apart.

#211480 Breech That Worked With Longshot Magazines

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 11 February 2009 - 05:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

nanos as in the darts?

Yes. They use 3/8 foam instead of 5/8 or 1/2. They have more range, but less accuracy.

#211475 Breech That Worked With Longshot Magazines

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 11 February 2009 - 05:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

There is no pvc and cpvc breech. Unless you have a lathe. There is not a cpvc breech with only cpvc unless you use nano's or mili's(if they exist).

#211125 Nerf Vulcan Shoulder Stock

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 10 February 2009 - 03:35 PM in General Nerf

You may want to add some adhesive/reinforcement.The stock looks like it is ready to snap in half.This has switched the vulcan from a M2 Browning style to a Maschinengewehr forty-two style blaster.

#210489 M1 Garrand

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 08 February 2009 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

You cannot make an M1 Garand out of a magstrike. The magazine is totally different. The magstrike uses a foot long removable clip. The Garand uses an internal magazine, fed with strip clips that are a few inches long. The magstike is full automatic. The garand is semi auto. The garand (or just .30/06 guns in general) are accurate for several hundred meters. The magstrike is accurate for 50 feet at most.The M1 garand is wood. The magstike is colorful plastic. The magstrike is a toy. The M1 Garand is the gun that won WWII. Any other reasons?

#210205 2009 New Nerf Gun?

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 07 February 2009 - 03:53 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
Reminds me of a tommy gun. The LARP crowd will be happy with this.
Edit: if the handle primes it, this gun will have a very short plunger stroke.

#210183 Assault?

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 07 February 2009 - 01:55 PM in Off Topic

Hopefully assault is in violation of his parole for the diddle charges. And all else fails, I can call him trying to push my girlfriend down "attempted diddle" or sexual assault.

You might have better luck with assault and battery charges.

#210178 Assault?

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 07 February 2009 - 01:39 PM in Off Topic

Were you close (several hundred feet) to a school? If so it may be a violation of federal or state law to posses a weapon that close to a school. I know it is in my area. You can't even bring an airsoft or nerf gun close to my school.

#208981 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 02 February 2009 - 06:31 PM in General Nerf

Alright, all of this is great advice.

Basically, this is what I'll tell them. "Hey Dad/Mom. I was just wondering if we could stop by Lowes or Home Depot sometime this week. I'm starting to get into Nerf modding, and I'm stuck with no materials. I mean, look what I'm stuck with." *pull out Recon with glue stick for spring housing* *pull out singled Tek Six w/ Crayola* "I'm stuck with using school supplies to mod with. Right now, you know I want to be an electrical engineer" (What I want to be when I grow up..) "but I really can't run around the house checking out how things are wired without risking electrocution... so I think that I could give Nerf modding a try. I know, yes, that it uses guns, but it's a safer, better, alternative to paintball, airsoft, or real guns. I might need to make monthly trips to a hardware store for supplies, but I promise that I'll only go if it's not in the way and we're driving by it. All I'd really need is some piping, like PVC or CPVC or brass, some adhesives, like epoxy and JB Weld, other stuff like epoxy putty, couplers, and plumber's goop, but it's all really cheap, and I'll use my own money. So, what do you say?"

End lecturing.

That would be your best bet. Try to work the engineer aspect a lot. Mention a couple times that modding helps you learn about aerodynamics, friction, and just physics in general. If your parents are like mine, then anything educational is good. You should probably wait until they are in a good mood, and already going somewhere near the hardware store to ask them. If something breaks and they need to go to a hardware store anyway, it is even more likely they will let you go with them . Make sure to keep all the stuff you buy organized and out of the way. Think of ways to convince them a dremel is useful, like for example I let my parents use my dremel to file my dogs nails, which is faster and hurt her less. Those are all the tips I can think of for now.

#208736 Petg

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 01 February 2009 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

9/16" would be better for most nerf guns anyways

Why would 9/16 be better?

#208583 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 01 February 2009 - 12:15 PM in Nerf Wars

The Schenectady war is going to be Effeminate. Wardog clan(us) is at least 5 people, possibly 8 or 10, plus your contingent, plus TNL, plus the SOF-T 5. We never get that many people. I am soo excited.

analogkid: 5 of my clan members may come too. This is going to be upstate NYs first Effeminate war.
SoF:Can we use converted paintball guns like the pistol splat?

#208579 Petg

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 01 February 2009 - 12:01 PM in Modifications

I was planning on ordering some PETG online, but none of the measurements are in fraction/inches. Could any of you tell me the right size to order?

1/2" ID 5/8" OD.

#208577 Couplerd Bbb

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 01 February 2009 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

What I did to coupler my bbb with 0 dead space was to cut a large hole in the front most internal piece, attach it to the plunger, make a marking where the plunger head stops, then lastly glue half a coupler in at the front of the mark. But your way works too.

#207989 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 30 January 2009 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome. Looking forward to July 29.

#207964 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 30 January 2009 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

It's people like you, that would selflessly join the military to defend America that make this country great. Hope you have a good time in the Navy.

#207378 Pc Virus Problem

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 28 January 2009 - 08:00 PM in Off Topic

Sounds like Conficker. I would recommend if you can get on to your computer sometime, use Spybot S&D. Also upgrade your firewalls.

#207183 Pioneering Speed Loaders

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 28 January 2009 - 11:36 AM in Modifications

Already been done. Read through that topic and you will find something similar.

#206951 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 27 January 2009 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

And at Massacre 2, I was thinking (scary I know) why do people only put the RSCB on springers?

1.I assume you mean airguns.2.Nice job!!

#206949 My Bbbb

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 27 January 2009 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

You need to upload it on photobucket correctly, then copy the link to the picture, which is located under the picture (should have photobucket in the URL), come to the full edit screen, click the tree, paste the URL then hit "submit modified post." That is how you should post your picture. Whew! that sentence was long.

#206947 Small Ls Problem

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 27 January 2009 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

My ls can only be primed on the left, and won't budge on the right (without significant force). Maybe mine is just weird, but that may be what your ls is doing too. Try priming it on the other side.

#206624 Intergration Poll

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 26 January 2009 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

I would love to see you attempt a mav-recon integration, without the front barrel. That would be supremely funny.

#206622 Need A Good Maverik Mod

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 26 January 2009 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

I'm just curious. HOW THE FOAM DID YOU GET VALIDATED IN 1 DAY. I HAD TO WAIT 2 FRIGGING MONTHS.

The admins have it down pretty fast. Although it may be the day you were validated.

#206431 2009 Edition Bbbb

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 25 January 2009 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

Try clicking the picture of tree to insert pictures, then put the links in the box that pops up. That will make them appear directly on screen. Can you take pictures of the internals? Maybe next to 2008 edition if you can too.
Edit: also try a longer, looser barrel.

#206364 Quick Question

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 25 January 2009 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

Either cut the tabs, or just pull the two halves apart. Neither will do any damage IF you are careful

#206272 My Longshot?

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 25 January 2009 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

You can intertwine them if you try really hard. I can take a picture soon(ish) if you don't believe me.

#206184 Star Wars Storm Trooper

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 25 January 2009 - 11:46 AM in Modifications

How is it primed?

#206176 Vulcan Mod

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 25 January 2009 - 11:34 AM in Modifications

May I direct you all to the very useful Modification Directory and the search engine. There were already several mods (with pictures, but not all are in the directory) and discussions about this.Also, check a couple pages back in Split's overhaul, and you can see a picture of his vulcans with a battery pack.

#205400 March Meltdown

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 22 January 2009 - 05:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Some (2) of my friend and I might go. Questions: Do prescription glasses count as eye protection? I use captain slug style darts, except I use a 3/8 felt head instead of a 1/2. Is that legal, or do I need to get 1/2 felt tips?

#204660 Sjno2!

Posted by TheNerfLoki on 19 January 2009 - 09:05 AM in Nerf Wars

It was fixed, ignore this.