My Longshot?

Maybe to powerful.

18 replies to this topic

#1 your worst nightmare

your worst nightmare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

Ok, i am modding my longshot. I have got a longshot, night finder, and a Bbb spring in it. Is it to powerful? Will it brake my gun?

Edited by your worst nightmare, 25 January 2009 - 01:25 PM.

Rule 37: There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.

#2 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

I'd Answer that, but i have no no idea what the hell you just said
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Feb 4 2009, 04:04 AM) View Post

The last thing we need is a mass gathering of prepubesent boners all over the place

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.
But it cannot hide the scars.

#3 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

First, please fix up your grammer a little.

Second, a longshot spring and a BBB spring together are very powerful. I don't think it's neseccary to add the NF spring. If you want to, go ahead and add it, but it might break and would be very hard to cock.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#4 SawedOff

SawedOff

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

Need more Information. ShotGun Grip? Is ANYTHING Reinforced? I'm still new, but do you have foam or something to cushion the Plunger head? And is anything bending when you Prime it?
Same thing here. Its the ugly short one right? Well you have to pump it like VIGOROUSLY! Like, force it in! I almost returned it, but it will get easier and easier.

#5 your worst nightmare

your worst nightmare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'd Answer that, but i have no no idea what the hell you just said

Thank you that is what i thought
Rule 37: There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

I guess I have to ask...do you have the BBB spring and the NF spring intertwined? They're about the same diameter.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

You can intertwine them if you try really hard. I can take a picture soon(ish) if you don't believe me.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#8 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

If you're putting an additional main spring into the longshot, it would be a good idea to add another catch spring as well. It would also be a good idea to reinforce certain parts of your longshot.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 25 January 2009 - 02:27 PM.

#9 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

You are fine if you reinforced the bolt sled. That's probably the most easiest victim a BBB spring + longshot spring will pick on. Check in the modifications directory for longshot mods too.

PS : In my experience, too many springs can actually decrease range. If you notice this, take out the NF spring. I entertwined a NF spring into a BBB spring on my BBB and it shot 5 ft less
-You Commie! You Fascist! You anti federalist! You anarchist! You, you Walmart...
-These days, because of the energy crisis, if Santa gave me coal, I'd be happy delighted.
I'd go emo if there wasn't nerf. - DarkShrimp

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

You can intertwine them if you try really hard. I can take a picture soon(ish) if you don't believe me.

I didn't say it wasn't possible. I just asked if he intertwined them because that seems like a pointless/dumb idea.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#11 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

Your defiantly VACCs worst nightmare. Just look through the mod directory at what people have done. Look at Pineapples longshot thread. Learn to look arond a bit before you ask. It should be ok, but you might want to reinforce it a bit.
We have no sig.

#12 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Im pretty sure if you put all those springs in your gun it wont make it stop rolling. :D
Anyways, I had all those in my singled Ls when it didn't work, and it never broke.
If you still fire from the clip you may want to do something about the boltsled.

#13 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

Don't keep all the springs in it. Use olny the bbb spring. Or use the longshot and the nf spring.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#14 Drew is nerfing

Drew is nerfing

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Don't keep all the springs in it. Use olny the bbb spring. Or use the longshot and the nf spring.

definately. If you use that many springs in the gun without reinforcment and with the stock boltsled, your gun is going to break after a few shots. I would suggest using just the bbb and ls spring, or, if you really want to use all 3, you will need to make a new boltsled that can withstand the strain.

#15 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

I used 3 industrial springs in mine when I'm not using it for a war, and my boltsled is doing just fine. There isn't any visible signs of stress on it, mainly becase the bitch is reinforced with some aluminum sheet metal(cut up can and JB weld). Only things thats happened is the back of the plunger tube blew off, but thats mainly do to its age, and even then its still working fine. When I fire the thing with all 3 springs, it has a tendency to break glass. I really don't recommend it, as its really unsafe for you and others. but a LS, BBB, and an NF spring should be just fine, just check with whomever is hosting the war, because they may not like it as that much power when the springs aren't broken in yet can be quite painful.
You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

#16 longshotman

longshotman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Ok, i am modding my longshot. I have got a longshot, night finder, and a Bbb spring in it. Is it to powerful? Will it brake my gun?

It shouldnt but if you have a recon and dont like or if you just want to you can take out the spring that makes the armed bar pop in and out and put in the longshot aswell as the bbb and ls spring.

#17 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:53 AM

It shouldnt but if you have a recon and dont like or if you just want to you can take out the spring that makes the armed bar pop in and out and put in the longshot aswell as the bbb and ls spring.

Grammar and punctuation.

And you mean the Recon Main spring? The "armed bar" as you say is actually the plunger tube, as it is a reverse plunger tube. The spring that is wrapped around that is the main spring that propels the plunger tube forward, thus firing the blaster.

And as for the effectiveness, does the Recon spring actually do anything? (looking for input from more then this guy)
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#18 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

And as for the effectiveness, does the Recon spring actually do anything? (looking for input from more then this guy)

It fails!.....
:lol:
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#19 Pokechan

Pokechan

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

So, I tried putting both the BBB and longshot spring in my longshot. Turned out it worked really well, but was really hard to prime. After about 5 shots I layed it down because we were getting something to eat, and I heard a gun fire and a big crash. Ends up it shot the glass cup next to the fireplace where it was aiming. I primed it again and 5 seconds later it shot again. NOTE that I had no reinforcement. IT might work, just use a strong catch spring and some more reinforcement. Hope I helped!

Poke
QUOTE(crispy @ Jul 21 2009, 04:58 PM) View Post

Talio you just love to eat your own shit don't you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users