laxtk88's Content

There have been 179 items by laxtk88 (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#274082 Lab Redesign Contest

Posted by laxtk88 on 05 May 2010 - 04:46 PM in General Nerf

Someone's gonna sig that eventually...

Fuck, really?!? I better make a note; this is some historicaly significant shit right here.

"On this day, in the year of our lord two thousand and ten, Nerfhaven member Coal Ten made a purposefully masturbatory euphemistic comment. This would potentially lay the groundwork for the earth-shatteringly unoriginal future signatures of two to three sub-competent lurking members. It has been said that intelligent contributors could be heard wailing, as in great pain, the forums over."
~ The Prophet Zachfrog

"And lo, the great prophecy came to pass, with LotusNerf labeled as a mule's hindquarters evermore. Grand was the rejoicing of the moderators, while circling the hapless nerfer as would a murder of crows, or flock of seagulls. Terrible were his cries as they violated his virtual persona, silencing his expression of thought through the ether."

It's times like this that I wish I could fit an entire thread into my signature.

#273662 Big Bad Bow Problem

Posted by laxtk88 on 29 April 2010 - 06:12 AM in Modifications

In addition to snakerbot's comment, you may want to flip the plunger head. Yours is in the wrong direction.

What he said.

#272113 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by laxtk88 on 13 April 2010 - 05:41 PM in Off Topic

Is it ever REALLY Lupus on the show?

As a matter of fact, House had an infarction that was caused by lupus. They even documented it in an episode with a M. Night Shyamalan ending. It's the cause of his limp and why he has a cane. Of course, I have yet to have figured out how lupus caused it, but hey, it's tv.

#270106 Nerf Claymore/trip Mine

Posted by laxtk88 on 23 March 2010 - 07:11 PM in Homemades

Dude come on, I'm not one of those people who paint there Nerf guns black or where digital camo when I play Nerf. I where digital camo in my videos because its my trade mark for making any videos gun related. I just make these videos because some people want some diversity in there Nerf wars and i help with that. I like to invent new things for Nerf and see if people like my ideas.

I did not mean my post to imply that you did milsim or anything of the sort. It was merly an address to the comments on how milsim doesn't fit on this site. I don't care what you do with your own free time, and i do support the development of new ideas for wars. My point was that the NIC can not regulate what you do, regardless of how many people complain about it. So keep on posting your ideas, they are pretty interesting.

#270095 Nerf Claymore/trip Mine

Posted by laxtk88 on 23 March 2010 - 06:35 PM in Homemades

While I personally don't approve of milsim in MY wars, you are entirely at liberty to do what ever you want at your own wars. If you want to use singled titans, fine. Or death darts too. Just know that there are certain things that the NIC will always erotically massage, and that the NerfHaven isn't at fault for anything you do, including using matte-black guns in public or shooting at cops. We can not stop you from using claymores or grenade launchers in your wars. So just keep posting your material, alot of people will be critical of its uses in a war, and I am sure that someone will give you a good idea for your mod.

Edit: I am not recommending any of the above scenarios, just stating that the NIC can not stop you, or be held responsible for you actions.

#264658 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by laxtk88 on 07 February 2010 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I am an almost definate and I will be bringing one or two others.

#263968 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by laxtk88 on 31 January 2010 - 07:45 PM in Nerf Wars

You have to A.Get a ride B. Get a gun mabey 2 C. Get some darts D. Get your ass out of bed on the day it happens. In less you intend to ride a rocket to this war you don't need four weeks. If darts our your problem you can buy some off me their now only three things for you to do. Plus would you like to be marked down as a mabey?

To make thing easier, I will adress you points in order of occurance. Yes I have a ride, as i have a car and license, but intended my comment to address other attendies organizing car pooling. The other three I can also take care of easily, but again, others may not in two weeks. I have hosted non-NIC wars in the past, each with well over 15 attendies, so I can say with certainity this isn't enough time to organize this. Also, two weeks is short notice, as you have to account for basically the whole day for nerfing and some of the following for recuperation. I will be a maybe if the date is pushed back.

Edit: I may also be bringing another person, have to confirm with him though.

#263963 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by laxtk88 on 31 January 2010 - 07:28 PM in Nerf Wars

A nerf war isn't something you just decide to do, it takes hours of prep to work out the details like lunch, rides, water, bathrooms, etc. Now, in the winter we have my above mentioned reasons. Two and a halve weeks just simply isn't enough time to organize this and confirm attendies. That being said, I am may very well attend, but only if the date is pushed back a couple of weeks.

#263958 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by laxtk88 on 31 January 2010 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Uhhh... I not so sure that this location is open for the public, especially for an event such as nerfing. Also, outdoor locations during the winter are cold and wet at best, not mention you have to worry about o-rings shrinking, plastic weakening and stefans breaking. It might be a better idea to host this war elsewhere (if the location doesn't allow it, as it very well may allow such things) and it is defiantly a better idea to do it latter in the year, like late March or early April.

#263613 Arb

Posted by laxtk88 on 28 January 2010 - 10:28 PM in Homemades

Some of the info on the subject can be found in this thread along with several good links. And yes it was my first.

#262763 Best Idea Ever

Posted by laxtk88 on 22 January 2010 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Its all been covered in this (closed) thread.

#259362 Interesting Way To Cut Foam

Posted by laxtk88 on 19 December 2009 - 12:56 PM in Homemades

I have seen those before, specifically for people using them to make 40K terrain. The only thing that he did not include was an extension spring on the top so that the nichrome wire would remain taunt, as the wire shrinks when heated. I would not use one unless you had already made one as they can burn you with the slightest graze and you are using exposed electrical devices. Not to mention the nichrome wire and train transformer are expensive.

#258019 Official "show Off Your Longshot Thread"

Posted by laxtk88 on 04 December 2009 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

When you registered, you agreed to this. I suggest that you read it carefully and edit your posts accordingly before an admin bans you. Of course, this does not change the fact that you have multiple accounts, a banable offense in and of itself.

#257405 Clothing

Posted by laxtk88 on 27 November 2009 - 06:02 PM in Off Topic

With all the running around, I don't get cold. Instead of putting on long johns, I bust out the cold-weather arsenal: Wildfire, FuryFire, Crossfire, Stormfire, Firefly, Rapid-Fire 20, Strikefire, Triple Torch, and Vulcan.

I used to have problems with seals, then I started bringing a club to wars.

My God... that has got to be one of the greatest posts I have seen on here in a long time.

#256377 (not) Official Swine Flu Thread!

Posted by laxtk88 on 15 November 2009 - 05:57 PM in Off Topic

But seriously, the best thing to do right now, is actually to get it. That way you're immune.

Not necessarily, since you are not immune to future mutations an variations.

But yeah, I was sick for 3 weeks. I bitched about it on the IRC room a lot.

Not necessarily true. Heard of small pox? My Biology techer said that if you got chicken pox or the chicken pox vaccine that you were immune to small pox. My point being that if the mutation is not too different the original can protect you from the new strain.

#255690 Long Strike Commercial?!

Posted by laxtk88 on 08 November 2009 - 09:55 AM in General Nerf

I would bet anything that it was probably a longshot commercial. I admit I watched the Ed, Edd, and Eddy marathon (they're like a new age three stooges!) and saw multiple longshot commercials yet no longstrike ones.

#253788 Lolz

Posted by laxtk88 on 17 October 2009 - 09:23 PM in Off Topic

Wow. Just wow. Go suck a dick.

TO ANYONE READING THIS: DO NOT OPEN THE LINK. IT LEADS TO AN ENDLESS LOOP OF NO CLOSE SCREENS. DO NOT OPEN LINK.

#253766 Red Strike Series?

Posted by laxtk88 on 17 October 2009 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

Other pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/esnx

If you are going to troll, do it somewhere more efficient. Seriously, it takes months to get validated and we have incredibly harsh penalties. And link to something more offensive than dancing hamsters.

#253168 Bbb Barrel

Posted by laxtk88 on 10 October 2009 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

It depends on your playing style and dart fit. Cpvc fits stock darts pretty well, and if you don't want to rush a simple coupler and speed loader won't hurt. Oh and take a close look at your post. Specifically near the end. We have a filter on this site.

#250941 A New Name For Nerf "wars"

Posted by laxtk88 on 20 September 2009 - 12:41 AM in General Nerf

Any ideas for a substitute of the word "squad?"

Team?

#227611 Plastic Safe Lubricants

Posted by laxtk88 on 02 May 2009 - 07:30 AM in General Nerf

In a thread a while back, somebody posted about using graphite "lubricant" in their Nerf gun.
I may have been somewhat of an asshole when I went about telling him that it wasn't a good idea to use that stuff with plastic, but whatever. I would add graphite lubricant to the list of things not to use with plastic.

That was me that used it. It didn't make a good seal but it certainly helped with moving parts. As CS said the stuff is plastic safe, but if it gets wet you end up with a huge mess.

#226602 Big Bad Bow Problems

Posted by laxtk88 on 27 April 2009 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

This:

I had the same problem.

Mine Problem was that the piece that connected the coupler to the gun was on the white piece that goes in between the plunger, and the barrel (I think its part of the AR, that you have to keep in), so it didn't let air in.

and this:

I notice that one of the catches is missing.

It may not be clear but did your throw out the white AR holder that goes in between the orange barrel and plunger head? And that other catch is pretty important. Also, is the dart not completely leaveing the barrel? Or is it just staying where it is? If its the former then your barrel is to long.

#222847 New England

Posted by laxtk88 on 10 April 2009 - 04:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like we will be getting a quater of an inch tomorrow. Not all that much.

#222706 New England

Posted by laxtk88 on 09 April 2009 - 07:45 PM in Nerf Wars

It's going to rain on saturday, and will most likely rain tomorrow. I know we should still do this, but what do we change now? Would everyone be down for a muddy rainy nerf war?

It's New England damn it, it just wouldn't be right without it.

#222667 New England

Posted by laxtk88 on 09 April 2009 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

As I can now attend this war, I will be bringing a few rare blasters for sale such as two Armstrongs and a Spitfire. That is not a Splitfire, but a Spitfire, the disk shooting blaster.

Edit: This is the blaster: Posted Image

#222652 My Brute

Posted by laxtk88 on 09 April 2009 - 04:02 PM in Off Topic

Applying as Laxtk.

#222394 My Brute

Posted by laxtk88 on 08 April 2009 - 02:58 PM in Off Topic

The clan is full again. Just thought I would let you know.

#222172 My Brute

Posted by laxtk88 on 07 April 2009 - 02:38 PM in Off Topic

Here Is my Brute. Just throwing my hat into the ring.

#221570 New England

Posted by laxtk88 on 04 April 2009 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

At this point I am almost certainly a definate, but I wont know for sure until Wednesday. Also, where in Salem would it be? Fenixharth's loaction?

#217712 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by laxtk88 on 12 March 2009 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

...From what I have heard not that many people use longshots....

What parallel fucking universe are you from?

Don't most people use LBBs, BBBBs and similar style blasters? Or is it just that way in my area? The vast majority of my friends hate LSs because they have a tendancy to drift outdoors. Even indoors they aren't very popular (in my area).

#217703 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by laxtk88 on 12 March 2009 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

I don't think it is that revolutionary. I mean, even if it did take all the pressure off, so what? From what I have heard not that many people use longshots, let alone angel breaches. Now if you motorized it, THAT would be revolutionary and may inspire more people to use longshots. Just my two cents worth.

#216820 New Magstrike

Posted by laxtk88 on 07 March 2009 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

From my experience the yellow magstrike is slightly better than the old one.

On a side note "I had to do some laundry...at school... in the microwave..." Camos:episode 3

#214407 The Lover- Invasian's Editable Primary

Posted by laxtk88 on 23 February 2009 - 08:54 AM in Modifications

How do you prime it? The priming handle of the NF must be inside the shell somewhere I'm guessing.

Probably by pulling the NF forward. That doesn't seem same for the plunger thought.

#213796 Red Bbb

Posted by laxtk88 on 20 February 2009 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

how much money are they if i go to walmart

20$

And I believe that the new red BBB gets slightly (ie: <2 foot difference) range. Could just be my BBBs being different than others.

#211259 New England

Posted by laxtk88 on 10 February 2009 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Where will we be meeting at the park? That really long road that appears to be the entrance on the east side or somewhere else?

#210843 Snap Rifle

Posted by laxtk88 on 09 February 2009 - 03:13 PM in Homemades

Um, no it was about 6 hours in 20 degree weather, using foam firing guns. I can get all the other guys to vouch for this. And you're in California. What the fuck do you know about the cold? You probably wear a winter jacket when its 50?

And yeah, seeing as how I've never seen your attendance, anything posted by you, or anything resembling a constructive post, where the fuck do you have room to talk?

and if you are the king of hardcore, what is that you've done? I was saying it as a joke, the whole hard core thing, but if you are still hell bent on pitching a fit, then be my guest. Come down to MN for a war in the winter. We'll see how "hardcore" you are then. And, I posted that sometime last week. If you are really gonna get upset over something I posted last week, you need to go to some form of therapy

On topic, is your PC 5 inches or your plunger travel? Because I can see that being a problem.

Owned.
On a side note, I completly agree with Busta. Doing anything in cold weather is harder than in warm weather. I once had a football practice in 19 degree weather wearing only a t-shirt under my pads. I have never been colder in my life.

#209480 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by laxtk88 on 04 February 2009 - 03:33 PM in General Nerf

You know what's funny? Lowe's won't cut my pipe in the store. I have only got one person to do it. Everyone else says that they can't or that I should buy 5' pieces of pipe, and they don't have cutters hanging anywhere in the store, so I can't do it myself. I have to break every pipe I buy in half, so I can get it in my car.

Might I sugest bringing pipe cutters with you? Or you could "borrow" a hacksaw from the store.

#208962 Homemade Nerf At Cracked.com

Posted by laxtk88 on 02 February 2009 - 05:38 PM in Homemades

This is amusing. I just read that article about 3 hours ago and thought the exact same thing. I believe I saw the SNAP at NHQ a few months back.

#207942 New England

Posted by laxtk88 on 30 January 2009 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Update: Me and 1-2 friends are strong maybes.

#206870 New England

Posted by laxtk88 on 27 January 2009 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a strong maybe Tomas.