46 replies to this topic

#1 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hey guys,

I was originally going to just share this with the rest of Mag7, but the wave of "where the fuck did you go?" PM's or the "when is the next DCNO?" PM's prompted a public post. I don't want to turn this into a pity fest or drama thread, but I probably do need to explain where I've been. I'll keep this short.

About a month ago I was hospitalized with severe abdominal pain, lots of vomiting, nausea and what many would consider a "Dr. House" kind of illness. And let me just say no, it's not Lupus.

After a biopsy, intentionally starving me then feeding me Jell-O, the Gastrologists in the hospital diagnosed me with an extremely rare illness known as "Gastric Pneumatosis." It is basically hemorrhaging of the stomach lining, causes air pockets to form in the stomach wall, involves internal bleeding, and has a high mortality rate because the stomach can rupture. All of the cases involve old dudes, so nobody knows how or why I got it. Go figure.

Anyways, I've been discharged now but needless to say I can't eat anything like a cheeseburger or sushi for at least 3-4 more months (which is fine by me). All I can really eat right now is broiled chicken and mashed potatoes. The big issue is physical exertion, and I can't do anything more than light jogging for the next several months until this shit heals. As my doctor put it bluntly, I basically have one shot to make sure my stomach heals correctly or I risk the chance of dying. Unfortunately, this means (most likely) no Nerf for me this Summer. Fuck my life.

What this does mean, however, is that when I do make my return in the Fall season I will be more than prepared to properly spank the lot of you with the Mk. III and a boatload of red foam that I have yet to make into darts.

TLDR Version: Yes, my stomach has a hole in it. Yes, I almost died. Yes, I am slowly getting better. No, I will not be Nerfing this Summer. No, I am not quitting Nerf. And finally no, you cannot have my blaster.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#2 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Holy shit, dude, get well soon!
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#3 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

Sooooo...... You got lots and lots of time to draw some more DBF's..............? Just kidding, Hope you'll get well and keep it that way!
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Shit, so there's no apparent cause? Damn. Well get well soon! Make sure you spend your time not-nerfing making lots of lolcats posts. I haven't seen one in a while and they always make me laugh.

#5 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

Truely sorry to hear you have been going through this buddy, but I wish you a speedy recovery. I hope you get to make stefs from those reds soon----and bring em back down to FL for a war appearence!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Okay, fuck you all. Groove man, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's some seriously scary shit. Of course you know that I could not possibly respect you anymore and I consider you a good friend, so it feels almost silly to say this, but I'm so glad you are okay. Let me know if there's anything I can I do for you man. Get healthy dude. The community and your friends need you. I'm not a praying man, but I may just start.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

Is there any chance I'm going to get a badass "Fuck Gastric Pneumatosis!" t-shirt out of this?

Feel better dude, and, as ridiculous as it sounds, let us know if we can do anything. At least let slug build you an arc reactor to power your intestines and a suit of robotic battle armor.

#8 MindWarrior

MindWarrior

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

I'm sure some of us will miss seeing the MkIII more than you, which might possibly include me......
Joking aside, I hope you get back to speed by 2011. Get well soon!
QUOTE(Ryan201821 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) View Post

Seriously, no penis pumps or dildos on your Nerf blasters.

REVOLUTION BABY!

#9 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

Truly sorry to hear about your condition. Don't kill yourself, just kidding, really don't because that would suck. Hope you get better.
QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

#10 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

I appreciate the support, guys. It's mildly depressing not being able to do many of the things I used to do for fun for the next several months. On the bright side, however, I have a plethora of free time to lurk on the forums and prepare for when I can actually return in full-force.

In the mean time, here's a lolcat picture for you TantumBull.

Posted Image

-Groove

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

On the bright side, however, I have a plethora of free time to prepare (and lurk on the forums) for when I can actually return in full-force.

Gonna bring the banhammer back into action then?

Very glad to hear you're all right. Take it easy.
SexD Warves

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

Is it ever REALLY Lupus on the show?

Is this like the wolverine thing? You are gonna go away for a while and come back clad in metal? I sure hope so.

Get well, or don't get worse. Props for still being the baddest motherfucker even with a "House" type illness.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#13 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

Looks like the gods are against are health and well being in the nerf community, player.

I'm not /supposed/ to do any real physical activity said my doctor(s), but I was like "huh, yeah"

I'm not gonna be %100 at wars, but I'm at least gonna show to as many as I can. Even if I'm not feeling well enough to play, I'll show up to be a faggy cheerleader. There's a good group of people in my area or near cincinnati who will go out of their way to come to wars if people like me or you show up.

Feel better dude, kick that illness's ass like a boss, I know you will. :)

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#14 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

Good luck dude!

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#15 Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:07 PM

Good luck, I hope you pull through!

Edited by Hippopotamus, 13 April 2010 - 03:08 PM.

Shrimp!

#16 hawkshot

hawkshot

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

That's pretty scary man. Over the summer I had a health scare, where I literally thought I wasn't going to live. It was originally thought to be an unseen case of mono after seeing the doctor, but it turned out to be strep throat (and I have asthma), so I as well was on your schedule for 2 and a half weeks. It sucked, and I can't imagine what you're going through.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly, and hope to see you back in full force; maybe at some wars in Florida?

Edited by hawkshot, 13 April 2010 - 04:06 PM.

Call me Hawk.

Hawkshot, one of the founding FL Nerfers.

#17 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Is it ever REALLY Lupus on the show?

As a matter of fact, House had an infarction that was caused by lupus. They even documented it in an episode with a M. Night Shyamalan ending. It's the cause of his limp and why he has a cane. Of course, I have yet to have figured out how lupus caused it, but hey, it's tv.
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#18 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Found a pic of Pneumatosis, here it is:

Posted Image

nasty as... well..... pneumatosis.

Edited by utahnerf, 13 April 2010 - 06:57 PM.

#19 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Found a pic of Pneumatosis, here it is:

[Something that almost looked kinda like my biopsy results but with less internal bleeding & I DON'T WANT TO SEE EVER AGAIN]

nasty as... well..... pneumatosis.

Posted Image

-Groove

#20 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

Refuah Shelaymah- Hvae a full recovery!
I witnessed this firsthand while working at the hospital with my mom, and it's not pretty.
Hope you feen better, we will all nerf in your memory.
We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

#21 Stud Muffins

Stud Muffins

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

I know I'm a new guy here but seriously man, I knew a guy that was much less badass than you that haspulled through just fine. (My school is full of weird illnesses lately.) Good luck to you, sir. Hope to see some war footage in which you kick ass like... well like... you.

Also hope to see someone I dislike get shot in the ass by your red foam.

--The Stud Muffins
20:06- Blademaster : nerf needs to release hot pink recons
20:07- Mr_BadWrench: Blade, If they do someone would have to duct tape twitch to a phone pole so everyone else gets a chance to buy one.
20:08- Aimless: Duct tape wont do.

#22 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

If it makes you feel any better, my left lung randomly imploded last year (Pneumothorax) after Chano 1. It took me a few months to recover as well. I can't say that I was where you are now, but it was a (somewhat) similar illness. I feel for you, man. I hope that you feel better soon.

#23 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Heh, I just remembered. The first war I was going to attend, I missed, because I had appendicitis. My appendix had not only gotten inflamed, but had ruptured. It hurt more after the surgery, because I had the old doctor who liked to make the largest possible incision.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#24 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

The first time i had a nerf war with my neighbors this little kid had a golf club and I got hit in the head with it. 10 stitches.

#25 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

This sounds like a job for Vicodin!!!
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users