last man standin's Content

There have been 220 items by last man standin (Search limited from 29-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#252762 Stefan Question?

Posted by last man standin on 06 October 2009 - 04:30 PM in Modifications

In the past Ive always used BB fishing weights, which worked quite well, covered in a dame of hot glue. 1/2" FBR, cut into 3" strips, with a little hole burned in the top with a hot glue gun. Drop a BB in the hole and cover it in glue, then put it face-up to dry.

#139545 Arachnophobia Ii

Posted by last man standin on 10 February 2008 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

That paintjob is wicked. How hard is it to figure out which pin to pull in the middle of battle though? Insane mod but It would just make me confused (and more than I usually am)

#139542 Recon Front Gun Mod

Posted by last man standin on 10 February 2008 - 10:42 PM in Modifications

^ the first you have seen?...lol

And to the poster, nice neat little mod, but what are ranges? Im guessing 10-25? Still, it looks pretty cool. Nice job.

#137483 Dark Shrimp Appreciation Day/week

Posted by last man standin on 27 January 2008 - 11:58 AM in General Nerf

you made darkshrimp underwear? Is that a compliment?

#136604 Lancer

Posted by last man standin on 20 January 2008 - 10:04 AM in Modifications

Very nicely done. I actually made something like this about a year ago. Not as well done as yours but the same basic Idea. I gooped a toy chainsaw to a minimized LS. I didnt mess around with the electrical components, and it wasnt a very good paintjob, but it was pretty cool :)

#135240 Recon In Mi And A Mave-recon

Posted by last man standin on 07 January 2008 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

Why the hell would you put that much work into making an alternative loading system for the mav just so it can look sort of similar to a new gun that came out?

#132233 Lilith, The Nerf Crossbow

Posted by last man standin on 12 December 2007 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

my 1st post!
Anyways, Holy Crap, that makes me wanna get myself an x-bow. But im not experienced enough for it's power..

That breech looks very clean, nice job

It gets 76'. If you can handle an LBB, you can handle an xbow.

ANYway, NICE mod!!! I love the breech, and you made everything so clean and...saxy? Hehe... Great job.

#130974 A Note Of Celebration.

Posted by last man standin on 29 November 2007 - 09:33 PM in General Nerf

Congratulations! And no, school funding doesnt mean they will be paid to nerf... more like the school will pay to promote the club, organize nerf wars, and perhaps buy gear. Its a great thing that colleges have taken notice of our little hobby :blush:

#130864 Secretivness Of Mods

Posted by last man standin on 28 November 2007 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

I agree,
Ussually the people who keep the 'secret' mod dont have a life what so ever.

What the hell does that mean?

People who keep stupid secrets like a mod for a nerf gun have no life. How simple do you want me to say it?

Its not that he didnt understand, its just that was really a retarded comment. Do you know what having no social life is? Well, not publishing a mod doesnt get in the way of your social life at all.

#130800 Are You Kidding Me?

Posted by last man standin on 27 November 2007 - 05:17 PM in General Nerf

As a collector, I can say honestly that I would be FUCKIN' PISSED if they ever re-released it.

Thats how I felt when they re-released the BBB. I Look for one for weeks, since it used to be almost as cool as a crossbow to own (the days of bad Karma and Alf, etc.). About 8 months after i finish my quest, any moron can pick one up at target for 20$.

#130733 Bad Bad Bow?

Posted by last man standin on 26 November 2007 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

Ugh. After the integrations I've done to the shell it would be a real pain in the ass to take it apart to take pictures. Basically, I took the plastic "washer" at the end, and gooped an O-ring to the side of it so that the seal was tighter.

#130698 Reckoning V 2008

Posted by last man standin on 26 November 2007 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I will probably be there with one nerfing friend, depening on how the parents feel about the hour + drive from hackensack.

#130676 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by last man standin on 25 November 2007 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

Guys, this is a picture thread. Not a list thread. We have already had a few of those.

#130624 Bad Bad Bow?

Posted by last man standin on 25 November 2007 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

Wtf are you talking about? The BBB doesn't use O-rings, its one of those old style crapper rubber sealer things (crossbow, BNA, etc...).

Yep. You know the plastic washer thing at the end? I made a "seat" for an O-ring at the end of that with plumbers goop and added a NF O-ring.... I had a faulty seal and it seems that helped.

#130580 Bad Bad Bow?

Posted by last man standin on 24 November 2007 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

A few things to check-

Good air seal in barrel- SHould be airtight

Good seal between plunger head and tube- Adding an O-ring usually helps

Good dart fit- If your darts are loose or tight in your barrel it will greatly affect distance. The dart should smoothly slide into the barrel, but should require you to push it in.

#130559 Bad Bad Bow?

Posted by last man standin on 24 November 2007 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

I did the same mod only with a 1/2in. PVC coupler, and added a spring DONT DO THAT! it wont allow you to cock the gun.

Wont allow you to cock the gun? what are you talking about? I replaced mine with a stronger spring and it cocks fine, jut requires a little muscle. And im not a big guy, either.

#130529 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by last man standin on 24 November 2007 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

Bone, NF's and sspb's are two of the EASIEST guns there are to mod. Why not throw a brass or petg barrel on both of em and slap a few rubber bands on the nightfinder? It will double your ranges.

#130424 What Do You Like About Nerf?

Posted by last man standin on 23 November 2007 - 08:04 AM in General Nerf

In airsoft or paintball, how "good" your guns are, also meaning how "good" YOU are, depends on your income. If you can buy a 500$ gun your going to just be better than the guy with the 130$ kit from walmart. But in nerf, The performance of the gun, and YOUR performance in wars, all depends on how skilled you are at modifying them and at using them. Yuo can make guns to match your unique style. And on top of all of that, its fun as hell.

#130393 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by last man standin on 22 November 2007 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

Nice pics everybody.

The only pic i have is about 2 years old, and as you can probably guess, is outdated. When I get guns in from a few orders i put out lately I will have to take another :P

#130392 Nerf Grenades

Posted by last man standin on 22 November 2007 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

haha.... A politically incorrect nerf grenade! Gotta love it! But could someone link the thread explaining how to make the grenade? Ive been thinking about it and havent come up with a way to get it to open at the right time.

#130287 Chronicles 2007

Posted by last man standin on 21 November 2007 - 07:28 AM in General Nerf

Wow, that was fun to watch. Looks like you had a great time. From that and '06 i can tell you arent exactly a morning person :P

#130112 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by last man standin on 18 November 2007 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

http://www.penny-arc...omic/2006/01/04

They were also in my favorite online comic, Least I could do, but i couldnt find the link.

#129629 Long Time, No See.

Posted by last man standin on 13 November 2007 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

Haha, well welcome back.

#129615 Long Time, No See.

Posted by last man standin on 13 November 2007 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

5 years? It says your join date was in '05? Explain

Anyway, I dont reallt remember you, but welcome back nonetheless.

#129581 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by last man standin on 12 November 2007 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Well I think the problem is that the erlease valve lets some air before you pull the trigger fully.Not exactly leaky, but unless you pull the trigger FAST your going to get about 60'. I have been thinking about replacing the air tank with an old AT2k on i have lying around that works fine. Maybe I'll do it this weekend and tell you the results, it would be nice to get a consistant 80 :)

#129576 Thanksgiving War At The Shore (nj)

Posted by last man standin on 12 November 2007 - 08:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I will google that. My friend is going to be alreayd out of town that weekend, so let me try to find another ride. If i do im ocming, if not i wont. Let me try tp pull some strings. Last resort: parents <_<

#129573 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by last man standin on 12 November 2007 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: "Tactical" sm750

Mods: AR's removed, all the usual pump/ar mods, nested brass barrel

Ranges: not very consistent. usually 55-75

#129477 Closed

Posted by last man standin on 11 November 2007 - 09:33 PM in General Nerf

I will inevitably leave a few out, but here goes.

Nite finder x4
SM 750
AT2K x2
AT1K
AT3K
SM 1500
Scout
BBB
Mav
SSPB (forget how many <_< )
I think thats it?

EDIT: I forgot a few
Tek 6
Tek 10
Buzz bee shotgun
LBB
wildfire

#129434 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by last man standin on 11 November 2007 - 02:05 PM in General Nerf

I saw a box of them in my local target in hackensack, NJ. So they are everywhere, or at the two coasts.

#129431 Thanksgiving War At The Shore (nj)

Posted by last man standin on 11 November 2007 - 01:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Well that's a strange coincidence. I'm going to Hackensack New Jersey on Black Friday (I go there every weekend cause my little 9 year old cousin lives there.) We're going there rather early, so maybe you can give me a ride if you're an adult.

I am a teen who doesnt drive, but some of my friends do. If i end up going i may be able to give you a ride. Let me talk to some people. ill get back to you.

#129401 Thanksgiving War At The Shore (nj)

Posted by last man standin on 11 November 2007 - 09:26 AM in Nerf Wars

anybody know approx. how far of a drive this is from hackensack?

#129398 Foil

Posted by last man standin on 11 November 2007 - 09:01 AM in Modifications

double post. My bad.

#129397 Foil

Posted by last man standin on 11 November 2007 - 09:01 AM in Modifications

You can currently get these frmo toys "R" us for 5-10$. My friend and I did a very similar mod to his and put a punch of painted PVC on it so it looks like a asshole rifle :)

#129369 Monkeybartv Nerf Diskshot Contest

Posted by last man standin on 10 November 2007 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Kana, corn, and heir, your ALL new to many people here. This topic would belong in general nerf. If you'll notice corn, the description of the off topic forum is anything unrelated to wargames. This is definately related to wargames.

#129368 What The Heck Happened To My At3k?!

Posted by last man standin on 10 November 2007 - 07:19 PM in General Nerf

When you pump the gun, is air pressurized even for a moment, or does it shoot out as fast as it is pumped in? If it holds air for a minute, pump it and hold it to your ear. Do you hear a hissing noise? If so it is probably just an airtank leak. Some plumbers goop in the right spot should clear it up. If it goes out as soon as it goes in you either have a HUGE leak, or a faulty valve. If you havent already, I recommend you disassemble the whole thing and try inspecting it from there

#129367 When Did This Come Out...

Posted by last man standin on 10 November 2007 - 07:14 PM in General Nerf

Yes, Metal Is new. Since your new, try reading this. I guaruntee you you havent, and it will save you alot of grief in the future.

Corn, he never said he thought it was a nerf crossbow. Read the thread before you post. And for gods sake get a better avatar, i cant take you seriously.

#129220 Frost Vectron's Sm5000 Mod

Posted by last man standin on 09 November 2007 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

Thanks brummer, thats what I was looking for

#129210 Frost Vectron's Sm5000 Mod

Posted by last man standin on 09 November 2007 - 11:01 AM in Modifications

My friend (Alex_the_skater on NH) just received an SM 5000 and watched FV's video on youtube. We have used the search function but have not been able to find a writeup for the "bolt" mod he did. Can anyone direct me?

#129207 I Need Help With My Longshot

Posted by last man standin on 09 November 2007 - 09:24 AM in Modifications

I agree with nerfmonkey, stop flaming him he didn't know anybetter.

Was the purpose of this post to

a) Raise your post count

or

B ) Sound smart without actually posting any content

Everything that has to be said in this thread HAS been said, and the OP got what he wanted.

#129151 Magstrike @ Supermaxx 1500

Posted by last man standin on 08 November 2007 - 07:55 PM in General Nerf

Thank you for all the information. Also... what I meant by losing isn't killing the fun 130 feet away, and it isn't hunting the person like a sharpshooter exactly. I just feel that I am very accurate with my SM1500, and I'm not trying to brag. I think I will stick with my duo for now- enless a better gun comes out in 2008, or if I start playing serious outside wars, I will mod both my guns more to get better range...

Anyone can be accurate from 50 feet away, no offence of course. Its just that the idea of a short range indoor scumbag is, to say the least, dumb.