Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

Hey guys.

So, this is the second video documentary that I've done about my annual trip out to California for Armageddon. This one took me quite a long time to finish, mostly due to the fact that I had to call a certain someone long distance just to get them to send me their footage. But that person knows who he is, and I thank him for finally doing what he did.

Anywho, this year it's mixed footage from lots of different people thrown together into a similar documentary style film just like last year. There is actually war footage this time around, which mainly focuses on us (East Coasters) since, well - it's chronicling our trip out there. It's up on Google Video for now, and I'm hoping Captain Slug can host it on YouTube for me later. I have a raw 65MB high quality version if anyone is able to make it available for download, too. This one's over 16 minutes long, so pace yourself.

Google Video:
http://video.google....334834673&hl=en

YouTube:

Big thanks to everyone who helped contribute -- I hope this will continue to shed light upon what is considered to be the most insane yet amazingly fun undertakings in Nerf, as well as what some of us go through each year just to keep the tradition alive. Feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

-Groove

P.S. - Outtakes are plentiful this time around and I didn't want to squeeze them in this one so I'll be making a separate video.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:58 AM

Awesome! That was even better than last year's!
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:16 AM

Haha, those shirts were funny, my dad laughed too. Nice intro, too. Can't wait to see those bloopers.

#4 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

I have to say, That was quite awesome. This just means that I have to do something even better when Falcon and I actually Fly out to the east next year.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#5 Senor Wolfwood

Senor Wolfwood

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:37 PM

Very nice. In a few years, if you guys are still going, I'll probably try to tag along. If Rambo could make it, I could definately try.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Oct 23 2007, 12:13 AM) View Post

Dumbest rule ever.
There are better ways of getting a womans clothes off.

I hate ipods and most of their owners.

AKA: Earle_The_Magnificent

#6 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:05 PM

What was that at the end?T he video was awesome. And does anyone have the raw unedited footage from armageddon and dcno?
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#7 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:54 PM

What was that at the end?T he video was awesome. And does anyone have the raw unedited footage from armageddon and dcno?

The last 15 seconds at the end was taken by OMC -- it was me being mesmerized by Donky Konga. I thought the line "I don't get it either" was a funny but appropriate line to end on.

-Groove

#8 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

Groove, I can host the hi-res one on my website for a little while if ya want.

#9 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

Very nice. Everything you produce is the epitome of rad. Man I wish I could make it out to some Nerf wars once and a while.

#10 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:51 PM

That was a lot of fun! I loved the music, the war looked fun, and the shirts are awesome. Hahaha the Donky Konga part at the end was amazing. Great documentary yet again

#11 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

Nice one, again, Groove. The video is great, and the music makes it awesome.

Favorite part: "Whammy"

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#12 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Dude, Groovie.... what the hell did you tape me doing in the 1m20s time frame???
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#13 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Arctic Monkeys. You sir, have good taste.

And you're repping the ultimate answer. Nice

Edited by zaphodB, 18 November 2007 - 04:41 PM.

Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#14 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:37 PM

Incredible.
For a while, more so after seeing this video, my sister has said she wanted me to 'teach her to nerf'.
I suggested an AT2K for her first mod. She saw one of my singled, PETG'd 2K's and said "I like this. *points to barrel* It's pretty... Can we put sparkles on it?!"
The vocabulary of a 16 year old.

Either way, I find it incredible that you've flown to 'Geddon 4 times. How long do you plan on going back?

EDIT: I just realized that Hersh got me that damned avatar.
How long do you think I'll still be a member before he changes me to 'Aslan'? :D

EDIT: Well what do you know. Groove did it, not Hersh... How unexpected.

Edited by lionhead333, 19 November 2007 - 06:37 AM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#15 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:11 PM

Good job, guys. It looked like you guys had a lot of fun.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#16 PILZ

PILZ

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

Hey guys,, i havent been here in a while but seein this n all, yep im that certain some who lives long distance...
i got more footage from Yano sessions as well but am gonna take nerf film hardcore.
so i wanna say thanks for running, dodgin , getting shot in the face, getting humiliated by the nerf ball, a lots of other crazy stuff. Shatterstone Studios will start makin DVDs when i finish my tv news job.
Whats the situation guys!

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:25 PM

Awesome video!
My only problem with it was the sound was delayed for half a second and I tried fixing it but couldnt.

When you were showing off injuries and then pointed the camera to OMC it looked like his head was bleeding.
I chuckled my fucking ass off thinking it was a joke or something untill I realized it was a stripe on the blanket.
This was seen at 13:29

I originally thought it was Rambo playing Donkey Konga at the end.

Once again, sweet video. Mine will be up shortly as soon as I get internet connection on my own computer in a few days.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#18 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

Either way, I find it incredible that you've flown to 'Geddon 4 times. How long do you plan on going back?

Like I said, one of the most insane undertakings in Nerf yet one of the most fun and challenging as well. If and when I finally retire, it's going to be one hell of a record to beat. Like the Lance Armstrong of Nerf.

I don't know how long I'll keep going out there, to be honest. I'm in my early twenties and I've just been through the best year of Nerf of my entire life. It's more of a money issue than an interest issue - like Badger asked me at the last DCNO in regards to the NerfSTRONG bracelets. It's been mostly me repping the East Coast since '03, and every year since then (minus '04) we've added on another to the team that goes out there. Death in '05, OMC and Kuhlie in '06, and finally OMC, Kuhlie and RAMBO this year. As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier.

A lot of people think I just do this for me, and that's where a lot of people are wrong. The more people I can get interested, involved and eager to participate, the better. I'm pretty good friends with many of the guys out there just from the fact that I've gone for the past three consecutive years, so it's also about getting to hang out, talk, and Nerf with some of my friends. Although I would argue just the journey alone is worth it, at least for me.

EDIT: I just realized that Hersh got me that damned avatar. How long do you think I'll still be a member before he changes me to 'Aslan'? :lol:

Done and done.

People were complaining about similar problems with the audio sync last year. I'm pretty sure it's Google Video that's doing it, because that's where I originally hosted it as well. Hopefully, once Slug hosts it on YouTube and I can send the High Quality version to someone over AIM to host, all issues should be resolved. Thanks for the replies everyone.

-Groove

#19 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

Nice. I wish could come out for a war over on one of the coasts but seeing as how I still have school to contend with, Its unlikely. But nice video and I think others will agree, You are the Lance Armstrong of nerf, but instead of riding a bike in circles, you shoot at people with foam. You are a certified bad ass.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#20 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

"Me, OMC, Kuhlshrank, RAMBO even--actually.. not RAMBO, we're the rockstars."

^_^

Awesome as always, Groove!

Edited by frost vectron, 20 November 2007 - 08:10 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#21 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

Wow, that was fun to watch. Looks like you had a great time. From that and '06 i can tell you arent exactly a morning person :P
Black Masks & Gasoline

#22 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

I can't get it to successfully download. Could someone send it to my yahoo mail in a Quicktime or Windows Media Player format? Thanks. Looks good, can't wait for outtakes.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#23 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:33 PM

Damn thing won't work. Google vid is all screwed up for me. I'll wait for the youtube version.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#24 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

YouTube version is up:

Many kudos to Slug for putting it up on his YouTube account just like last year. You are awesome.

-Groove

#25 gunpowder jones

gunpowder jones

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:11 PM

Chronicles 2006 was what made me see that Nerf could be not only a hobby, but a sport. Chronicles 2007 is a great sequel and im especially looking forward to the blooper video.

Thank you for this amazing contribution...different groups are having marathons and concerts to promote "awareness" about diseases and global warming, but you promote awareness of Nerfing. That, is extremely commendable.
nerf...my anti drug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users