PissBacon's Content

There have been 174 items by PissBacon (Search limited from 11-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#34510 Tubing

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 06:21 PM in Homemades

Sorry I'm unsure of the origin of this aluminum. I've had about 12 feet of it in my garage for as long as I can remmeber. It's nice because it's so light, so I can add long barrels on without weight issues.

#34244 Tubing

Posted by PissBacon on 18 August 2004 - 01:19 AM in Homemades

What about aluminum? I've used it on 3 guns now and am working on another with it. I'm not sure the size it was listed as but it fits my 1/2 inch stefans perfectly.

#75895 Painted Maverick

Posted by PissBacon on 12 March 2006 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

Just for clarification, the ultra-flat stuff you used is Krylon fusion right? The phrasing on your post could either mean ultra flat fusion paint, or that there happened to be ultra-flat paint next to the fusion on the shelf. If flat Krylon fusion exists, I'm getting some asap.

#52353 Lifes On Sale At Walmart

Posted by PissBacon on 12 April 2005 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

Maybe by 'suck your balls up and play paintball' he meant that paintball was for males whose testicles hadn't dropped yet.

#78259 Rejected!

Posted by PissBacon on 31 March 2006 - 08:54 PM in Off Topic

Grats Ompa, I hope you're happy and successful with the college you chose.

I was wondering how people are paying for their colleges, especially out of state. Out of state tuition (both public and private) for college seems close to $30,000 a year, which for me is no small sum. I'd gladly go out of state if it weren't for this cost issue. Are people getting scholarships? Loans? Jobs? Since I'm likely to do a double major, finding a job during the school year would seem to defeat the purpose of affording college for me. Places like Stanford and MIT have very strong financial aid programs, but you still leave college with big loans to pay off, which is something that worries me. Maybe this is just the way college goes.

#74331 Favorite Game System

Posted by PissBacon on 25 February 2006 - 11:04 PM in Off Topic

In terms of handhelds, I've always thought the gb, gbc, and gba (at first) unbearable for the simple fact that they were so touchy with lighting. It's supposed to be portable but you have to practically orient yourself towards the nintengod to be able to see the display propery if you dare go outside; playing in the dark was simply out of the question. Then the day came some genius thought of the afterburner mod for gba, and I bought one the day I heard about it. And portable gaming was never the same. Then Nintendo got smart and made the SP, which I can't argue was a bad thing (though I was definitely pissed they didn't do the flip design before).

Some time later the PSP comes along, and I was sure to get one as soon as it was reasonably priced (lik-sang sure went crazy). Considering I can't afford a car yet and my carpool to school typically takes in excess of an hour after we get on the freeway, portable gaming is very practical for me (when I'm not asleep and people aren't so talkative). The PSP hasn't failed me with all of its homebrew goodness (Baby Boomer anyone?), but in no way does it beat consoles which are currently much more comfortable to play.

Well my WoW que is up; sorry for the rant.

#51906 Prepare Your Bladder For Imminent Release!

Posted by PissBacon on 07 April 2005 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

How about you just use www.imageshack.us ?

#72049 Radio Controlled Touring Cars

Posted by PissBacon on 01 February 2006 - 04:21 AM in Off Topic

It all really depends on how much you want to spend, and where you're racing it around, oxide.

#73285 Fully Utilizing Secret Strike Pocket Blasters

Posted by PissBacon on 16 February 2006 - 12:58 AM in Modifications

To fit it in you'd have to do some fancy cut-and-glue on the valve to barrel connection, as seen in my mod (which cobbers, in fact, beat me to posting). The sspb has that vertical excess route between the valve and pump which can be shortened to save space (or lengthened to increase air volume). If you're willing to put in the time and are careful not to get glue anywhere inside that connection when you shorten it, it will produce a nice mod.

#81355 Scout And Sspb Integration

Posted by PissBacon on 06 May 2006 - 12:27 PM in Modifications

Have you given any thought to connecting the cocking slide of the scout to the SSPB's pump knob? With a vinyl tubing tank expansion, it would take a few more pumps to prime, so it would just keep getting pumped as you use the scout normally, then be a backup shot when you need it. If you needed to re-prime quickly, you could just keep moving the slide, which would also cock the scout. This would also be a little more comfortable to pump, as I've always found those knobs to be way too small.

why not just twist around the pump on the SSPB, so that the pump faces you and the barrel faces forward, then just link it somehow to the cocking mechanism. it would serve you much better to do so, as many have already said.

You're forgetting that the pump has resistance. If the same spring energy that's shooting a dart is connected to priming an air gun, the already whimpy scout range will be further degraded. Now if you could somehow reverse the action of the sspb's valve so that pulling pumps air and pushing just returns the pump, then you might have something useful.

PS The quote system on the new forum is so good.

#39971 Need Help

Posted by PissBacon on 27 October 2004 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

I've lost a tooth because of nerf before as well. The dart flew and suddenly there was a bunch of powder in my mouth. It broke to the vein.

#81041 Photography

Posted by PissBacon on 01 May 2006 - 12:26 AM in Off Topic

Nice photos everyone, I really like this thread. NinjZ must have some interesting stories. Sharp nature photos are tough, but the quality is great on ogopogo's (fuzzy photos really get to me). Here's a couple from me:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All of these were taken while I was in Japan; I'm going back this summer.

#47681 Homemade Mac 11

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:32 AM in Homemades

As I scrolled through the posts, I kept thinking you should use paintball parts, and thank god you did. It has always been my belief you could make a killer homemade almost entirely from paintball parts.

#36277 Long Range Weapon

Posted by PissBacon on 02 September 2004 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

My favorite is my modded storm2k

#74487 Bbb In A Nf

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2006 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

But even plastic epoxy made to hold 3,500 psi broke.

Maybe this is obvious to you, but just because the epoxy is strong doesn't make the whole design strong. A chain's only as strong as its weakest link.

#74436 Bbb In A Nf

Posted by PissBacon on 26 February 2006 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

I'm wondering how you got the trigger to catch at all, since when I look at it there's no way the plunger shaft could be catching anything.

Shouldn't this be in the mods section?

#34401 Hornet

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 03:26 AM in General Nerf

I just wondered if epoxy holds leaks under high pressure, since I'm dealing with a related problem. Would it just sort of break apart when pumped up, or is it strong enough to hold under pressure an air tank usually experiences? I will probably just have to use good old trial and error.

#34509 Hornet

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

The epoxy worked like a charm. I can pump the tank up 50 pumps with no ill effect! This is not a hornet though, just so you know.

#62519 Wildfire Predetor Style

Posted by PissBacon on 24 August 2005 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

I also sujeste that since it would be 15 pounds on your shoulder, to use something a little smaller.

Hehe. Sorry, I had to laugh at this. Nerf guns are very very light. A fully loaded m4 weighs less than 10 lbs for comparison. I'm diggin' this idea though; I've got a couple spare wildfires laying around, but I'm not going to spend money on football gear, especially since I'd never use it otherwise and I wouldn't want to be seen wearing it. Maybe more of a paintball mask style thing with pressure tanks on the back.. hmm..

EDIT: By the way, in any design you have to be certain the whole thing will stay on your body snugly, or you will not be mobile at all. This means that the football gear idea isn't so bad (even though I won't use it) since with some duct tape, or dremel and bolting handiwork it would definitely keep the whole thing on the wearer (it would get pretty uncomfortable on a nice sunny day though; football players surely know this).

#73661 Bacon Big Bad Bow

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2006 - 01:52 AM in Modifications

I like the adaptation; it's much less complex since you don't have to cut the brass halfway through carefully without bending it (brass pipe is so thin and weak I couldn't use a vice). Sure the glue's a little messy but I'm sure it performs great, suggested by your ranges. I'm suprised it does so well considering how the breech is set up and would be expected to treat a dart.

#74438 R-clip Blast Bazooka

Posted by PissBacon on 26 February 2006 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

On the gravity-feed issue: for my bbb mod I added in a weighted dart on the top to ensure they always drop properly. The only problem is that you need to watch your dart count (which is tougher on this 'nested' clip than on the bbb). The weighted dart makes it easier to load top-fed clips as well. One thing I've wondered: is it really a clip if it's not removeable (like the power-clip).

EDIT: Really clean mod by the way. Nice.

#62527 Unkown Gun Mod(pics)

Posted by PissBacon on 25 August 2005 - 02:50 AM in Modifications

When I first saw the image, I really suspected it was a squirt gun (huge airtank), and that last picture confirmed it. It's got just about the right size tank for a squirt gun to nerf gun conversion; I had similar success with a storm 2000. By the way, I don't know if this was made clear, but the spring around tubig is commonly to prevent the tube from getting crushed, preventing airflow.

#48177 Stefans And Pegs Question.

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 02:04 PM in Homemades

Monkey, it's been brought up in the past what to do with RF20 and WF pegs. You need to take that red part (or yellow if it were WF), and make sure that the outer circular seal of each peg is kept intact - without them your darts may not even leave the gun. Search the forums for more advice. EDIT - damn me and not checking dates.

#53250 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by PissBacon on 23 April 2005 - 12:35 AM in Off Topic

National rankings can be found on a variety of track websites. A good highschool track website is dyestat. Btw, my miletime = 5:35, still improving.

#53289 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by PissBacon on 23 April 2005 - 07:13 PM in Off Topic

My basketball coach said I broke 2 minutes on this 800m drill that we did three times [my other times were a bit over 2]. That same day we ran a total of 15km "for fitness". I kept pace, and in fact lead the entire time, behind the coach of course.

Sub-2 minutes is awesome.

#35722 An Explosive Idea

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 02:36 AM in Homemades

I don't get how the shrapnel 'goes'. Are those all barrels or are they just stuck onto the balloon.

#65427 Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

Posted by PissBacon on 10 October 2005 - 02:18 AM in Off Topic

I watched it on my PSP, and yes, it was pretty nice. Too bad I've never played the game.

#72317 Bag's Badass Bow

Posted by PissBacon on 04 February 2006 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

I guess it's sort of like two power rangers gettin freaky to 'the bad touch' (that's a good thing right?). I remain impressed with the greatness of this new spraypaint you discovered, but I wonder why you didn't take time to sand down the little things on the bbb that aren't particularly nice looking but easy to remove (tabs on top of sight, nubs on sides of sight for superfluous attachments, name brand if you didn't already,3 raised bars near sight, tiny nubs below the 3 bars). These differences are a matter of taste though, so I'm not arguing that you should have done it, it's your mod. I think I'm to lazy to touch up my bbb though, but like I said before, those extra areas of color are well placed.

#47609 Supersoaker Xp270 Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 02:11 AM in Modifications

Many squirt guns will have leaks when you are just using air because air escapes easier than water.

#64655 Real Laser Pointer

Posted by PissBacon on 30 September 2005 - 02:11 AM in Modifications

I've done this process using a laser pointer. It was on my storm 2000 gun. The trigger was set up so when you pull lightly, the laser lights, and then a full pull opens the valve.

I don't have a firefly, so I don't know what voltage the batteries are wired to produce. Taking a look at laser pointers, I usually see the 2AAA kinds, and the 3 button-cell kinds. the 2AAA are wired in series, producing a total of around 3 volts, and the triple button kinds probably use LR44's in series, producing 4.5 volts. If you have a volt/multi-meter you can check the output of the batteries so you'll know what kind of laser pointer to use. Also, isnt the firefly wired to just 'flash' instead of maintain light? You will have to mod this too; again I don't have a firefly to offer wiring help.

#72279 Artemis Arms Luger Model #2

Posted by PissBacon on 04 February 2006 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

I like the look, but I have to ask: is it actually faster to twist something and drop a round in compared to just letting the dart slide down the barrel?

#53976 Bottle Gun!

Posted by PissBacon on 01 May 2005 - 05:53 PM in Homemades

You could add some kind of hose/pipe between the barrel and the bottle, so it could be stepped on instead. The force from stepping on it would be much greater than a press of the hands, and would easily make up for the extra airspace in the hose.

#51770 The New Nite Finder Color Scheme

Posted by PissBacon on 06 April 2005 - 07:34 PM in General Nerf

Oh yeah, I've seen pics. He took the internals from a crossbow and put them into his NF. It's got a brass breech barrel and a spring-clip. I think he powers it with pixie dust. I'm sorry, I'm tired.

Seriously, how would that work? The trigger mechanism is completely different on that plunger.

#69298 Secret Shot

Posted by PissBacon on 15 December 2005 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

Gordon, you're right on the spot with this. The only thing I don't agree with is what you say about 3 barrel mods. I'm not positive, but it sounds like you think it's not possible to make one; I own the gun and know I could do it (my ss case is brutalized though, so I'm not troubling to mod it anymore).

#52819 Stefan Making Tip

Posted by PissBacon on 19 April 2005 - 12:26 AM in General Nerf

Good advice, but I swear I've heard someone was using ice cubes to make their darts. They would sort of use an ice cube to nicely shape the hot glue tips as the glue cooled to form an aerodynamic, and therefore more true-flying, dart. Btw, that's a shame about your RF 20s.

#81436 Ramrockets?

Posted by PissBacon on 07 May 2006 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

Hah. I forgot I did this a while ago. I used a barrel that was about 3 to 4 feet long, to utilize all that slow air pressure. Of course, it was hand powered and didn't have a trigger. The barrel went into the gun mostly, and stuck out a few inches. It shot real hard, but it mutilated many darts. As for where I got my ramrocket (heh, never understood why they called it that) it was a gift from about 1993.

#79951 What Is Your Favorite Mod?

Posted by PissBacon on 14 April 2006 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

The best mod is the mod you came up with and successfully performed yourself. I don't think I get more satisfaction modding than when I invent an original mod and do it myself.

#52211 Where Can I Get Brass?

Posted by PissBacon on 11 April 2005 - 01:32 AM in General Nerf

You need to learn to use the search feature properly then (proper perameters), because there are plenty of topics about places where brass can be located. Just to give you a point in the right direction, it's sold at many hobby shops, as well as online stores. It can be hard to find, but try those places; most hardware stores don't carry brass.

#48204 Modded Sm750

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

What is the actual barrel material? It looks similar to the aluminum I use on all my guns. Also, in my experience with m+m tubes, they always just blow open when I pull the trigger.

#70567 Archery

Posted by PissBacon on 07 January 2006 - 02:42 AM in Off Topic

I've got a nice 45 recurve I bought a few years back, but I can't seem to find targets anywhere for my backyard. Does anyone know where to find/make targets for not much money (haybales rot, so they aren't really an option for me)?