Modded Tech Target

with a twist...

8 replies to this topic

#1 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:00 AM

I integrated a secret strike for good measure.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Close up <_<

Posted Image
Close up of secondary firing mechanism (look hard, thin metal rod).

When I hold the gun with my [right] hand, my thumb rests nicely om the metal bit for firing the second dart, while my index finger is on the trigger; I can fire both darts at once. Sorry that the images are low quality; I only have my webcam available at the moment.

#2 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 05:30 AM

Whoa, nice dude. That is the #1 best integration of the SSPB I've ever seen. Very intuitive firing device too, I wish you had internal pics. The button has to go down to fire, and I can't think of a way you'd rig something so small and streamlined like that rod. All in all, great job. 2 Minor questions: what is that, aluminium tubing on the TTG? Also, did you think of modding the SSPB like Lefty did here?

Another possible idea to improve the range of your secondary shot would be to do Lefty's Valve extension with a piece of vinyl tubing.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#3 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:07 AM

Cool! Very clean job. I like the way you just put it into the ammo holders! I have a spare ttg shell lying around somewhere, if i ever make anything into it i might do what you did!
Black Masks & Gasoline

#4 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:02 PM

Beatiful. Explain who you got that thin metal rod to fire the sspb? Thats so clean, its awsome...

THIRST
ko

#5 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:09 PM

Hmm, yes I have read about how to mod SSPBs before. I have plugged the pump handle already; as for the barrel, I thought if I do it, I should at least get a stock picture first since it won't fit so nicely after that. The aluminum pipe will fit nicely based on my measurements. For anyone trying to do this mod, keep in mind you can't just set in the sspb. It is slightly too tall, which means you have to separate the pump from the barrel, and shorten that connection slightly. On a last note, I have never seen that tank expansion mod, I need to try that.

PS: Internals

Posted Image
You have to carve out a great deal of excess.
Posted Image
Sorry, look closely.
Posted Image
The hole in the valve trigger.
Posted Image
The rod used to fire the sspb.

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 02:48 PM

It's so clean, it looks like the gun was made that way. Nice mod.
SexD Warves

#7 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

Jlego, looks like you have a competitor.

PissBacon, if you are able to find a use for the handle too, I will really be impressed.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#8 Grumschnitz

Grumschnitz

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:18 PM

Truely beautiful. It occurs to me that if you really wanted to you could just keep attaching more and more secret target blasters all over a gun, giving you upwards of 6 spare shots. If you could do that without the gun looking aweful I'd be impressed.
Deus ex Anthropos

#9 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 03:22 PM

W-O-W. Thats awesome. Best SSPB/TTG intergration I've ever seen (Sorry Lefty).
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users