Viper's Content

There have been 471 items by Viper (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#57443 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Viper on 13 June 2005 - 04:26 PM in General Nerf

Its probably even less than 5%. Think about what I've done, in reality is nothing. I've recently added some reviews of bizarre toys to my name but that is all. Its the Talio's,cxwq's,stefan's,boltsniper's,ompa,uriel etc. that make our nerf community.

#57350 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Viper on 12 June 2005 - 04:31 PM in General Nerf

Just as a note, many members tend to get tired of these "your favorite" topics, but I don't have too much of a problem with it. The decison is easy, boltsnipers F.A.R by FAR.

#57167 Powerclip Stripper Clip

Posted by Viper on 10 June 2005 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

Pretty practical, starbuck. Simple but very effective.

#57114 Why You Should Never Nerf With An Idiot:

Posted by Viper on 09 June 2005 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

Its not the worst thing you could post on these boards.

#57049 Found Some Old Nerf Style Guns

Posted by Viper on 09 June 2005 - 01:49 PM in General Nerf

XXL bazooka is what I think you're talking about. Get it and sell it for $30+ on ebay.

#56967 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 08 June 2005 - 01:55 PM in Off Topic

Team America World Police is a good movie for all you right-wingers. If you want to see something original, albeit different watch The Woodsman.[/U][U]

#56536 My New Pb Gun.

Posted by Viper on 04 June 2005 - 09:14 AM in Off Topic

Nice gun hippie, autococker is the ultimate paintball icon. I'm more of a tippmann a-5 guy myself and airsoft has me more interested than I ever was than in paintball.

#56249 How Can I Get A Hold Of Andy Of Nerfcenter?

Posted by Viper on 01 June 2005 - 12:15 PM in General Nerf

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. LOL, I've known that for awhile OMC, while his graphics are pretty and his reviews are neat the guys ego seems to be insane. The guy claims to have his own "legal team" for nerfcenter and if you listen to the way he posts his language is full of signs of delusions of grandeur as if NC is some fortune 500 corporation.

#56165 How Can I Get A Hold Of Andy Of Nerfcenter?

Posted by Viper on 31 May 2005 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

Can a mod delete this verision, sorry.

#56164 How Can I Get A Hold Of Andy Of Nerfcenter?

Posted by Viper on 31 May 2005 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

I've tried going through his site links etc. and have come up empty on contacting Andy Grau. Does anyone know his active email? I am looking to help in some way, maybe through funding etc. so we can get NC back into the groove.

#56133 Political Discussion

Posted by Viper on 31 May 2005 - 02:21 PM in Off Topic

The percentage of crimes done with assault weapons in the US is .00003%. The number 5 was something some guy stated to me earlier. The point is, assault weapons are irrelvant to gun control, or at least should be.

#56118 Nba

Posted by Viper on 31 May 2005 - 11:30 AM in Off Topic

Bogart is projected as the number no.1 pick in most most drafts tait. I think the pick would be better used on guys like Millie Illic or a high school guard. Have you guys heard of the guy, Sun Ming Ming whose 7'9" without shoes! Imagine a guy standing at 8' on a basketball court! Sean Marks is Australian and he plays for the spurs, but they have like a person for every country.

#56065 Nba

Posted by Viper on 30 May 2005 - 06:09 PM in Off Topic

I am rooting for the suns(bring out the broom) and the heat. The pistons look set to win it all, but it'll be dependent upon Tony Parker's play. If Parker plays well, the spurs will win it, otherwise it'll be a repeat for Detroit, who will probably come back and beat the heat.

#55935 Political Discussion

Posted by Viper on 29 May 2005 - 09:47 AM in Off Topic

I stated earlier that the handgun was the most commonly used murder weapon(including suicides) , the knife being second, and the next gun being the shotgun at 10th place. Just a reminder to those people who will post something like "assault weapons are no longer needed" remember that there's been 5 crimes since 1929 that involved assault weapons. The entire argument that guns are no longer needed dissolves once you realize that yes, nerf is not absolutely neccesary for survival and one may interpret it as a sport of simulated killing. Having a corvette is not neccesary for survival, may be very dangerous if used improperly ,as is an SUV or any other vehicle. The truth is that's there's many dangerous hobbies and the such that would need to be eliminated if you were to use the argument that they are no longer neccesary in our modern society and it would benefit from the "ban" of these items.

If the "killing" of innocent animals is so horrible, why target the hunters, how about the cattle farmers, fisherman, or any relating occupations?

#55862 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by Viper on 28 May 2005 - 04:12 PM in Off Topic

I thought episode 3 was great. The dialogue was a little dry, like he was trying to hard to portray feudal europe meets star battles. I thought the rebel alliance was implicitly explained as Yoda etc. group together at the end. I did notice a great deal of contradiction in the JEDI way, as in reality they were just a little-bit-nicer siths. Think about when Mace Windu tried to kill the emporer when he was down, which was wasn't the jedi way and Vader defended the emporer. The best part was the development of Anakin into Darth Vader through a series of events that start out being what may seem to harmless.

Does anyone know where I can find the scripts for episodes 7,8, and 9?

#55612 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Viper on 25 May 2005 - 01:25 PM in General Nerf

I bought it at a walmart, it said "slingfire DX400" and had a "PowerNerf" logo on the side of it. The motorized disk launcher and supermaxx disk shooter are similiarly uncommon. I can't really get any pics that are better than the ones NC gives you. The gun itself is in a box at my dad's house in Indiana. I am going there in a week or so probably, so I'll try to remeber then.

#55558 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Viper on 24 May 2005 - 02:31 PM in General Nerf

I bought it on vacation in Utah.

#55510 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Viper on 23 May 2005 - 07:25 PM in General Nerf

Under co2 guns section, there is a review of the slingfire dx400 with a picture. Search google and you'll find tons of NC pictures.

#55480 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Viper on 23 May 2005 - 12:19 PM in General Nerf

Yes I won all but the hydro harpoon crossbow and gatlin' storm. I bought the slingfire dx400 in salt lake city utah.

#55463 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Viper on 22 May 2005 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

My websites have all those guns. I have all those guns reviewed, except for the unreleased ones like the gatlin' storm and hydro harpoon croxxbow, I just have pics of the gatlin storm and patent diagrahms of the hydro harpoon crossbow. I even have a review of the DX400 and zap snaps, which was't released.

#55181 Political Discussion

Posted by Viper on 18 May 2005 - 04:13 PM in Off Topic

Canada has a simliar gun ownership percentage as the US, yet we have far more firearm deaths and murders all together. 1st weapon of choice is the pistol, 2nd the knife, and then the next type of gun is 10th, the shotgun. While guns help people kill people it has more to do with our social welfare system that is backwards for a postindutrial power and our gung-ho war on drugs that creates turf wars between rival drug distributers. If knives are number 2 and including just them alone account for more murders than entire nations like Japan and France's murder rate it proves that available guns aren't the problem.

A common argument against assault weapons, which account for like .00005% of gun crimes altoghter is that the only purpose is to kill people. Its not true at all, these are essentially toys, not like nerf toys but like Corvette's and Mustangs and firecrackers. It is an innate desire to blow things up, jsut face it, we've hunting creatures, why do we shoot darts at people? By the way no ones ever been killed by a full automatic since 1929 when a cop shot his wife, although that has been the focus of gun control for years , although keeping pistols, like the .22 handgun which is preffered is kept out of the loop becuase its somehow weak. Even if criminals did use full auto weapons, I'd feel far safer than if they had a semi-auto. Has anyone here even shot an AK-47 full auto? Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit someone at just about any distance?

#55076 Megazooka

Posted by Viper on 17 May 2005 - 11:58 AM in General Nerf

Its a weaker Mattel Sonic blaster that came out in 1964. I have a topic on that one.

#55002 Most Over/under-rated Guns

Posted by Viper on 16 May 2005 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

overrated: BBB again, I've done well with mine but compared to other guns that are out its nothing to rant about. LNL has more volume on the inside of the plunger tube than both the NF and Techtarget, which gets about 15 feet less stock, although the differnerence modded is negligable, I still rate the BBB as most over-rated.

Underrated: Powerclip. Gets about 45-50 feet flat consistantly and has a removable clips? I mean the AT3k gets 80' flat etc. but at a practical level you can cover that 30' of ground awfully quickly and stick 10 darts in him.

#54919 Anybody Live In Mi

Posted by Viper on 15 May 2005 - 11:27 AM in Off Topic

I live in Oakland in Milford

#54789 Ebayers...how Do You Change Your Paypal Account?

Posted by Viper on 13 May 2005 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

Topic--Ebay wasn't very helpful so I'll see what you guys think.

#54021 Stefan Weighting

Posted by Viper on 02 May 2005 - 02:54 PM in General Nerf

Matt's view is the conventional standard. I remember on NHQ someone talked about using clay as a weight. This would create a unique distribution of weight so as the density isn't too mcuh to fly out the dart like many high powered guns cause the weights, be it bb or weights, fly out of the dart.

#54018 From Indoor To Outdoor

Posted by Viper on 02 May 2005 - 02:50 PM in General Nerf

Cool, What are the ranges on the "RF60"? Id never believe that the PC and RF20 would create enough air fro that to be useful, but I suppose weighting them correctly could make up for the difference.

#54017 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by Viper on 02 May 2005 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

I've modded some talons, a prolite and 4 blades. CO2 is something you want to stay away from since you already have to deal with the imperfections of homemade darts, co2 simply complicates the situation with its 200-2000psi deviation based on many variables. The main advantage behind Co2 is that it is relatively cheap to store(that's why stock markers usually use co2) and it gives you somewhat unpredictable, albeit effective, gas expansion. If you want to piddle with it, use 5/8" stefans.

#53920 From Indoor To Outdoor

Posted by Viper on 01 May 2005 - 02:02 PM in General Nerf

RF60? How is that made exactly? I'd be interested to know how you made the barrels.

#53738 What The Hell Happened To...?

Posted by Viper on 28 April 2005 - 04:08 PM in Off Topic

I asked that same question a while back but noone answered mine. Dr. Genius? I remeber taking like 4 months to ship a Sm1000 to silencer32.

#53549 New Website

Posted by Viper on 26 April 2005 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

Nice site J_Dub, just put a lot of work into and you'll be fine.

#53392 List Of All Guns Ever Made

Posted by Viper on 24 April 2005 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

I better compile one soon.

Note: you wouldn't have to the ebay guy "luckybadger" would you?

#53391 Nerf Art Of War

Posted by Viper on 24 April 2005 - 07:08 PM in General Nerf

Ya i've discovered that too, Evil. Its best when you train your team with simple rules for behavior than devise complex stratgies with many variables.

#53242 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by Viper on 22 April 2005 - 09:46 PM in Off Topic

I do the 100m and 200m mainly. My times are 11.2 and 24.8. I am horrbile at distance though, I ran like a 3:01:00 800m once :nugget:

If anyone knows the national rankings and where to find them look for Milford High School and see where we're ranked, I'm curious.

#53205 Rapid Fire 50?

Posted by Viper on 22 April 2005 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

I just realized it after I posted it. Since its a newb, I'm not buying that it exists anymore.
I got the avatars mixed up :nugget:

#53187 Rapid Fire 50?

Posted by Viper on 22 April 2005 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

I never heard of it at all. I wonder if it was a joke in the commercial, like stating how far nerf tech will come like those commericals where products do ridiculous things.

I see no reason why boltsniper would be lying about this gun and assume that the last thing he'd hallucinate about would be about a nerf gun.

I for one am glad for boltsniper starting this topic, and will pay $100 for a Rapidfire 50, assuming it exists.

#53009 Good News, Bad News

Posted by Viper on 20 April 2005 - 05:46 PM in General Nerf

I'm semi-disapointed, I mean a $10 maxshot is a far better deal. Its not like it was the rerelease of the double crossbow, but come on! I'd rather have a PC or rapidfire 20. s for durability, the BBB is about as good as any. You can feel it vibrate in your hands when you fire and the trigger is a bitch, but its really not that bad long term.

#52817 Nerf Art Of War

Posted by Viper on 18 April 2005 - 11:34 PM in General Nerf

I know about Von Clauswritz? Anyone know of any more modern war theorist, like a swartzkopf esk... strategist. Sun Tzu is a little too oversimplifed in my opinion. The best I've read on strategy is Games and Decessions, an introduction to game theory. Machiavelli has the best rhetoric I've read so far, its almost like a really good Tarantino movie script.

#52785 Nerf Art Of War

Posted by Viper on 18 April 2005 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

I just started book 1 in Machiavalli's art of war, I was using its impact as a marker for how interesting it is.

In Sun Tzu's version I wanted it too look like the same format Sun Tzu did i.e

Gathering Forces:

1. One must use a diverse team of many specialties in order to succeed...........

Evil, your tactics are far beyond any I've read, maybe I'll just let you have that area.

#52739 Nerf Art Of War

Posted by Viper on 17 April 2005 - 11:44 PM in General Nerf

Before I start making it, has anyone in the nerf community tried something similiar to crafting a treatise similiar to a Nicolo Machiavelli or Sun Tzu's the art of war masterpiece?