WEASEL's Content

There have been 136 items by WEASEL (Search limited from 24-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46871 December Yano Recap

Posted by WEASEL on 03 February 2005 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

youngins

Only six hours? Psh, I'd do it.

Our parents would have to drive us. Maybe in the near future, maybe.

#47088 Shotgun

Posted by WEASEL on 10 February 2005 - 06:48 PM in Homemades

Double post, double post, triple post, nice. I think that it looks a little big but hey, its a cannon. Why can't you get ranges, don't you have a tape measure, or feet? Anyway, good job.

#47248 I Post Once More Into The Void Of Nothingness...

Posted by WEASEL on 14 February 2005 - 06:51 PM in Off Topic

...so who's gonna murder me?

Ooo ooo...pick me pick me!

#47292 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 15 February 2005 - 12:50 AM in Homemades

EDIT: Yeah...Ignore this post if you want to, its misleading. Although it would be cool if you had like a arrow with some grooves in it and it ran along with some fins on the pipe like the cutter.

So you just had the blades at the end? Its like some kind of Reversed Rifleing. I like that.

#47307 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by WEASEL on 15 February 2005 - 06:40 PM in General Nerf

And homemades. I hope I didn't kill someone's house with that new burst disc gun, better switch to megas.

#47308 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 15 February 2005 - 06:44 PM in Homemades

I don't have anything against you or anything, but what inch sizes are the pvc peices. It's getting a little anoying. Can someone give me a chart of some sort like:

X mm=Y inches

Thanks

EDIT: Do'h, sorry

#47376 Fast Food

Posted by WEASEL on 16 February 2005 - 09:59 PM in Off Topic

Why the hell would there be pubes or semen in McDonald's food?

boy, i'm glad i caught this one early. I'd like to announce that i am the first person to say: WHAT THE FUCK?

Semen, etc in your McDonald's food, and I use the term food loosely, is the least of your problems...

Um, gross.

Gaydars are going off everywhere.

I think we get the point already so just stop.

#47435 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 17 February 2005 - 07:12 PM in Homemades

Ahhhh... Ok, since I just stabbed myself in the end of my thumb whith a exacto knife, I realized that if you hit someone accidentally with that barrel, you could scar them for life.

#47506 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 06:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for your responces (and revived responses). I hope that my friends and I (hope their listening) will get to have a war over our wachamacallit break this coming week. We'll just wing it and hope we don't get "caught". And I hope the park isn't full of little kiddies. Once there was a mom with two kids and we were playing and she was like "There bad, don't do that" to her kids. Hehe.

#47508 Rifled Barrel

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 06:11 PM in Homemades

Ohhhhhh... I got that totaly wrong there. I was wondering what that bigger peice was for. Got it. so how wide were the grooves.

#47526 Quilted Northerns Mn Nerf Clan

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

Man, I've wanted to make my friends and I a clan forever. Does everyone use invision because it's cool or what. And you have 5 clan members but only 4 signed up on your forum, and your the newest. OK, sorry for the critisizm.

HEHE, you guys are like arguing within yourselves on your forum. douche...hmmm..I mean uhh...gross.

#47529 Quilted Northerns Mn Nerf Clan

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

You don't have any pictures...at all.

#47675 Springs

Posted by WEASEL on 21 February 2005 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

If you want to cut springs, I would suggest un-tempering them to get the tempering out. Just heat it untill they turn red and then just bend them back and forth untill it breaks. I tried everything to cut a spring but nothing worked. Man those things are @#$%&*! hard!!!

#48388 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by WEASEL on 01 March 2005 - 08:28 PM in General Nerf

14, like everyone in our "clan". Exept we haven't nerfed in about half a year or so. We need to find somewhere we can nerf.

#48627 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 03 March 2005 - 09:08 PM in Homemades

So, the element returns....

Anyway, I haven't posted in this tread yet because I have mostly been thinking...a lot. Ya know taking it all in. Very good job, very crisp and clean.

#48721 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 04 March 2005 - 11:39 PM in Homemades

I'm not sure if you said anything about the shells but how long are they? Do they just have peices of couplers on them?

EDIT: Oooo..oooo and what about the magazine/clip whatever, is it 1 1/4" half peices of pvc with balsa wood?

#48723 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 04 March 2005 - 11:44 PM in Homemades

Dang it, just missed you. The magazine/clip is it 1 1/4" pvc halvs with balsa wood.

#48978 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by WEASEL on 07 March 2005 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

So 1/2" pvc just doesn't fit inside there? Mmmm....time to pull out the one inch belt sander! How is the durability? Would you buy two or three just because it could break or because it is just so cool?

#49003 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 08 March 2005 - 12:53 AM in Homemades

Aw crap, I was thinking of making something with co2. Oh well. Are you going to post plans soon or are you going to keep us waiting in awe?

#49148 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 09 March 2005 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

me and Weasel and I

Nice. Ya I pmed him and he is haveing a busy time at school so I have to wait a while for the letter. I miss nerfing. I have so many gun Ideas that i'm working on but I can't use them.

EDIT: whoa, didn't see his new post. So many posts since I last replied... Actually only five what whatever. I'll be looking at that now....

#49720 A Discussion On The Co2 Method

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:25 PM in Homemades

Just to start this off I don't want to piss anyone off so this is just my two cents on co2. It might be a good source of power if it was regulated to around 60 psi or so but it would still be kinda cheep. The whole point of nerf it to have limited power in our guns so they have strenghts and weaknesses. If someone used co2 they would have power, rof and maybe accuracy. Bad.

PS-Bolt says he doesn't use his co2 rifle in wars so...ya. I don't know what he will do when (if) he converts his new rifle to co2. I probably wouldn't play with him...not that I do now or anything.

#49721 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:29 PM in Homemades

the pump can handle the pressure.

So there is a check valve in the pump? Where did you get it.

#49724 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:47 PM in Homemades

my NF would suck up a dart every time I cocked it with the dart in the barrel.

Hee hee. You must have a really bad dart-barrel fit, or I have a bad plunger-plunger tube fit....aw cwap. But what kind of pump is it that he was using and where did he get it? I've never seen anyone use abs before, was it good to work with?

#49816 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 16 March 2005 - 07:03 PM in Homemades

I ABS lighter than pvc? Also what is the pump made for?

#49842 My Next Big Project

Posted by WEASEL on 16 March 2005 - 08:49 PM in Homemades

Your friend? Who could this be? Ya I wouldn't go with numero quatro either because it would be very hard and you will hate yourself for hours and hours. I have. Ya three sounds good. I want to see something small.

#49930 Rf20 Mod

Posted by WEASEL on 17 March 2005 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

Sounds cool. Can you post some pictures?

#50287 Modded Xbox

Posted by WEASEL on 22 March 2005 - 07:06 PM in Off Topic

Grinch, I want to know how.

#50390 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I sent da email, a get a email back saying

Thank you for your inquiry regarding use of the parks for your Nerf games.  I reviewed the Municipal Code which regulates use of park lands and could not find anything that would specifically prohibit your activity in the way you described.  Providing the foam projectile is soft and in no way could cause injury to a person or wild life, I do not see any reason you can not enjoy the park with your activity.

I would suggest however, that if the blasters in any way resemble a weapon or you and your friends are dressing in fatigues or similar clothing you call the Sheriff's Department Dispatch at 408-299-2505 in advance and let them know the park you will be at and what type of activity you will be doing.  In the event a passerby sees you playing, is concerned and calls 911, deputies will likely be sent to investigate.  By calling in advance it will help the responding deputies evaluate what is really going on.  Unfortunately, sometimes a mere game using life like weapons that is seen and phoned in to law enforcement can end up very tragic.

Thanks again for checking in with us.  If you have any questions, feel free call me at Blah Blah Blah

Regards,
Blah Blah Blah
Senior Code Enforcement Officer

So there you have it. I actually got a reply that wasn't a fill out form style letter back from the cupertino government. Now we can nerf! YAY. Just thought you guys would like to know.

PS-I modified the letter before I sent it.

#50395 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't be a homosexual; leave your camo pants at home.

Dang it. I guess I'll have to wear those when squirrel gets his paintball thing going. Hmm I guess that means no camo shirts either. Oh well.

EDIT: oh ya, what FIDO said, thanks for the motivation and everything.

#50409 Max Shot Troubles

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Maybe you could put some metal straps from the front above and below the barrel and strapping them around the back. Or you could use some huge ass zip ties.

#50417 Form Letter For Permission To Nerf

Posted by WEASEL on 24 March 2005 - 12:18 AM in Articles

Here's my edited version:

March 18, 2005

Parks and Recreation Administration
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to request your permission to play with Nerf weapons in city parks.  Some friends and I enjoy using toy Nerf blasters that have been modified slightly with PVC attachments, rubber bands, or other minor modifications.
This is not paintball or airsoft, which fire potentially hazardous ammunition; our blasters fire homemade foam darts.  They are made of foam backer rod (a common item used for insulation purposes), that has a glue tip on the end and has a fishing weight enclosed for aerodynamic purposes.
    Since the summer of 2000 we have had occasional “wars” which are merely a bunch of us shooting at each other for a few hours in an organized manner.  We have rules and make sure they are enforced.  We have never shot a pedestrian or a non-participant. In fact, we make a point to avoid them because we are aware that we are in a county or public park and their experience should not be disturbed.  We don’t go in and mark up the place; our messes (the foam darts) are cleaned up without question.
    My friends and I have Nerfed in Cupertino public parks. Recently, a friend’s mom heard about an incident where a few people were arrested for playing airsoft in one of these parks. We were concerned, for we didn’t want to break any rules or be cited.
    We were in no way aware of the rule that stated there could be no projectile weapons. I’m not even sure if that applies here because we use toy blasters that can be bought from Toys ‘R Us and other toy stores.

To Close Off With a Few Points:
1.    We have yet to have any formal complaint about our Nerf activities. 
2.    The dart material we use is foam backer rod.  You can find it in any hardware store.  It is a foam material that can’t inflict any damage or injury.
3.    We stay in a limited section of the park to allow other people the chance to enjoy the park as much as we do.

Thank you for your time,
Sincerely,

(name and such)

I'm not sure what year we started nerfing (maybe '03?) and I forgot to edit that part.

#50585 Gear

Posted by WEASEL on 26 March 2005 - 03:03 AM in General Nerf

Walkie talkies would work well if people would just damn answer when you talk to them! There good for communication w/o confrontation. C.W.O.C.....Hee Hee :P

#50826 Buying Xbox: Need Help

Posted by WEASEL on 28 March 2005 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

Wow, never heard of a blue one....and are thoes white jewels? Cool. I got the special edition one because my friend was on it but that's just me. If I could I would get the blue one....such a controversy because I would get the blue one and the special ed halo 2. Mmmmm....blue, and you could maybe get a trade for a special ed. halo 2 for the regular in a store or online. The special ed. halo 2 tells a lot about the backround of making the movie and this really cool huge lan party they had. OK, I'll stop now.

#51154 Confessions Of An Evangelical Taiwanese Expatriot!

Posted by WEASEL on 30 March 2005 - 06:22 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, mind, just saw.....got to look at that.

#52526 Shoring Up Aging Micro-darts

Posted by WEASEL on 14 April 2005 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

May I just comment on your high school's 150+ participant nerf war. I have never heard of such a thing and that would be awsome. Could you give me some details of rules and such because I would have no idea how to play with that many people. Also where do you play?

#52587 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by WEASEL on 15 April 2005 - 05:38 PM in Homemades

Bolt, how do you keep the carbon rod and spring from springing out of the ejector hole when the shell flips out?

#55196 Political Discussion

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 05:22 PM in Off Topic

To quote somebody: "Guns don't kill people, ammunition does."

#55197 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 05:39 PM in Off Topic

The Xbox 360
Posted Image

Looks like only one controler port, going PS style? Sort of.

#55213 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

And about 4" of REGULAR 1/2" pvc
Posted Image

Can anyone say Class 200?

#55636 Range, Accuarcy, And Rate Of Fire

Posted by WEASEL on 25 May 2005 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Accuracy, then range. If you can doge the other guys hit and you can hit him, thats what it's all about. And accuracy is half of the technique. I just personally like picking people off from long ranges.