cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#318147 Air Blaster (Rebel Trooper Blaster Knock-Off) Modification

Posted by cheyner on 07 July 2012 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

Gage, springs at Home Depot are in the same isle as the nuts and bolts, at least in Kingston they are. Canadian Tire will also have springs that should fit, same isle as the nuts and bolts as well. Home Hardware is useless for most things, and Rona is hit-or-miss. That pretty much covers the major Canadian hardware stores.
FYI, you and Curly live pretty close to each other (during the week), like biking distance close, take advantage of having another nerfer so close to you. It's rare in this province outside of Scarborough and Mississauga.

Edit: Curly, he joined CanNerf and posted a more precise location.

#318035 Air Blaster (Rebel Trooper Blaster Knock-Off) Modification

Posted by cheyner on 05 July 2012 - 06:54 PM in Modifications

Good work, you will have to do something with the plunger rod though if you plan on adding any springs or rubber bands to it. It will snap like a twig otherwise. The spring from these are good for adding to other blasters, they will nest under most springs.
Have you shown your mother rotary pipe cutters? They are safer than most other kinds.

Also, you live where about 99% of the wars in Canada happen, you should click the link in my signature and join, at least half of the wars only get posted there.

#317809 Pulley system Bullpup style surgical tubing powered blaster

Posted by cheyner on 01 July 2012 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

Note that I am not sure if this will work with US materials like CPVC. My go to barrel material is the metric electrical PVC that they sell here which is much thinner, softer, and easier to bend than the CPVC that I have seen.

From this I think he is literally just bending it and it is holding its shape. Once bent and then mounted how he has, it has no room to return to its original shape. Us North Americans could probably do something like this using PEX, as it is the closest thing I can think of that is readily available, yet flexible. Stubs of PVC on the ends would give more reliable results then using just the PEX in couplers.

#317258 Nining a Recon

Posted by cheyner on 20 June 2012 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

From experience Nine, you are going to have an easier time finding them at Rona or Canadian Tire, Lowe's and Home Depot are useless, at least in Ontario they are. Rona is where I have gotten all of my rubber washers in the past.

#317086 First annual Parabolic Toys contest!

Posted by cheyner on 16 June 2012 - 09:39 PM in Homemades

Are Canadians eligible for this?

#316891 CPVC scatter blast

Posted by cheyner on 11 June 2012 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Doesn't this also have back-pressure tanks? I find they tend to need tighter barrels anyways.

I really like this, I keep meaning to mod mine, but keep getting sidetracked.

#315923 Air Tank Tube Connection

Posted by cheyner on 20 May 2012 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

Another impressive post by MiG.

I will have to make use of this technique if I ever get around to finishing my double 4B.

McMaster will ship to Canada, at least they would to the company a buddy of mine used to work for, but that also might have something to do with it being an international company. I'm sure they would not ship to individuals in Canada.

#315769 K.I.N.G.

Posted by cheyner on 15 May 2012 - 10:54 PM in Nerf Wars

First post updated with new info.

#315738 Southern NH Nerf War

Posted by cheyner on 15 May 2012 - 12:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I second what Beaver is saying, the last Massacre had a entry fee of $40, and there was still around 30 people. We have also started handing out badges at some wars, which require a entry fee to cover the costs of.

#315656 Issue opening Longstrike

Posted by cheyner on 14 May 2012 - 12:39 AM in Modifications

I am unsure if you mean inside the shell is stuck, or along the outside. Having said that, cut through it with a hobby knife if its the outside, or a longer one if its inside the shell.

#315615 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by cheyner on 12 May 2012 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: June
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22573&pid=315613&st=0&#entry315613]23rd [Ont] K.I.N.G.[/url]

#315613 K.I.N.G.

Posted by cheyner on 12 May 2012 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Kingston Inaugural Nerf Games (K.I.N.G)

Date: Saturday, June 9th, 2012
Time: 10am until everybody has had enough.
City: Kingston, Ontario.
Location: Lord Strathcona Public School 251 McMahon Ave K7M 3H4
Directions: Take the 401 whichever way will get you to Kingston, exit at Sir John A MacDonald Blvd and head southish until you come to Glengarry Rd on your right, turn onto Glengarry Rd. Take your first left at Avenue Rd and follow that until you get to McMahon Ave and turn right. The school will be on your right an is hard to miss.
Map:
Posted Image

Admission: There will be a charge of $10 for this to cover prizes, materials, and most importantly, badges.

Rules:
-Eye protection is mandatory
-No singled Titans, assorted Shit Cannons, plugged Big Blasts, or converted water guns. (must have a minimum of 3 barrels firing at once)
-This is not daycare, and I'm not your babysitter, act your age or older if need be.
-No age restriction, having said that, no mercy. 13 and under needs to have a parent/guardian present all day. (see above)
-No shields, Manta excluded obviously.
-No melee
-Barrel tapping is ok with me, stabbing not so much. A Barrel tap is when you tap somebody with the side of your barrel.
-No exposed metal tips on barrels.
-No primarily black, brown or camouflage painted blasters, if you must bring them, cover them in bright coloured tape.
-If it's not yours, don't touch it without asking.
-Dart sweeps are for everybody, and don't just pick up your own darts, pick up every dart you see.
-If it comes with you, it leaves with you. (pick your shit up)
-Swearing is fun, just don't yell it
-Use common sense when selecting blasters to bring, if its too powerful you will not be using it.
-NO MASKS, PAINTBALL OR OTHERWISE. Don't need anybody thinking we are playing paintball.

Dart Restrictions:
-No exposed metal
-Slugs will be heavily scrutinized
-Spherical or washer weights only, nothing pointy.

What to Bring:
-At least 1 primary
-Sidearm if you feel like it.
-200 darts
-Previously mentioned mandatory eye protection.
-Water or other means of quenching thirst.
-Lunch, there is also a few fast food places and a Loblaws close by.
-Good attitude.
-Stuff breaks, so bring extras for yourself and others if you are so inclined, my personal supply is mostly being used by my guests.

Games to expect:
-3:15 deathmatch
-Wingman
-Defend the core
-Lifeline
-Blob
-Tower Defense

Trading:
-Before the war starts, during lunch, and after the war are the only times you should be doing this.

Attendees:
-Cheyner
-Bookworm
-Forsaken_Ange24
-K-10
-Pearson
-Squidward
-5-10 guests

I have several back up sites if we are forced to move for one reason or another. One is across the street, another is 2 blocks away.

#314422 stefan stampede clip

Posted by cheyner on 15 April 2012 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

I'm a bit lost on this one, is the brass glued into the clip? How does it become stock compatible if so? If not, what is holding it there?

Other then that this is pretty well done, definitely a fan of not having to deal with the tabs on the clip.

Edit: That just makes this so much better, thanks for the clarification.

#314110 Vengeanace 6

Posted by cheyner on 07 April 2012 - 07:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Love the teaser trailer.

Made another 4 barriers today, have at least 16 now. That's pretty much my max, my trunk cannot fit any more. Consider cover in the open field taken care of.

#313698 Non-Nerf forsaken angel and friends footage

Posted by cheyner on 29 March 2012 - 02:23 PM in Off Topic

You can tell its old because it has pre-awol Crooked in it.

#312959 Blaster census information required!

Posted by cheyner on 16 March 2012 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

I will have to wait to see the final price, but as long a shipping isn't too crazy to Canada I will buy some.

What about Ultimators or XXL Bazookas? My Ultimator missiles are pretty beat up, if these work on them I will buy even more.

#312904 Rochester Area Nerf War?

Posted by cheyner on 15 March 2012 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Depending on what way you want to go around the lake, I will be hosting one in Kingston sometime in June. You can take a ferry across the border at Cape Vincent if you go this way, makes the drive that much more enjoyable, also there is practically no wait to cross the border.

#312446 Massacre 7

Posted by cheyner on 04 March 2012 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

If you are asking how many blaster to bring yourself, bring as many as you want. I personally bring a large tote full of blasters to most wars, I like to change my blaster based on the game we are playing, and extras for when things break.

#312270 Screaming Salvo

Posted by cheyner on 02 March 2012 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Thanks, yes it does still transform, I would not have followed through with the mod otherwise, the first pic was taken after the mod was done.

#312164 Screaming Salvo

Posted by cheyner on 29 February 2012 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

This is my entry in the Canadian Mod Contest, posted here to share the love.
When first tasked with creating a new mod I went to my cave and started digging in bins. I was quickly distracted by my stock Starscream Blaster, shoots darts, transforms, and most importantly, it's a jet.
The next night I decided to take full advantage of those features, but I decided to give it enough power to justify running around with it at a war.
Enter parts list:
1 Big salvo tank
1 Sm3000 pump
1 Tubing T
1 Hornet Blast button
1 45 degree CPVC coupler
3 .75 to .50 PVC reduction couplers
Tiny bit of CPVC
Some 1" and .50" PVC
Random lengths of random sizes of tubing
Materials for a breech, and enough .50" PVC to cover it (if not already used in the breech)

Start with this:
Posted Image

Quickly open it up before you get distracted, giving you this:
Posted Image
I got started before taking that picture.
Posted Image

I had problems with the orange caps, large amounts of glue and weak plastic worked against me here, and I could not get them off, to make later stages easier, and to get an overall cleaner look, try and get them off before opening. I ended up completely cutting them off with a knife later.

Gut the internals, and dremel away at the inside's until you roughly have this:
Posted Image
The top is a whole new ball game that I will get to later.

Cut down the stock trigger piece thing to this:
Posted Image
I though I had a picture of it stock, I thought wrong.

Next you are going to want to attach your internals so you can get a feel for where things are going (or do it before, whatever):
Posted Image

Now make your breech, there are many types to choose from, and I leave that part to you. The one I use I received in a trade, and as such I do not have picture of its construction. You don't even need to use a breech for this mod, but I feel it fit the look I was going for.

Attach the breech to the 45 degree coupler, and shove some CPVC in the other end. The length of the CPVC will depend on how deep you get the Salvo tank into the shell, for me it was .75". Dab some super glue on the CPVC and place it in/onto the Salvo tank, you should have some wiggle room. Work fast to get the barrel and tank situated before the glue dries.
Posted Image
Chop down some 1" PVC into 2 pieces .75" and 2 pieces 1" or so. Dremel out 2 of the reducers so there is no ridge on the end and cut one in half. Stick the 2 full length couplers into the 1" lengths of PVC, and the now 2 half couplers into the .75" lengths. Slide the .75" sections on the breech and pump tube respectively.
Use your glue of choice to secure everything in the shell now, I used hot glue.
Cut about .50" of .50" PVC and slide it onto the end of the pump shaft, stick the 1" PVC section with the unmodified coupler in it over this. The other section goes over your barrel, wrap both in packing tape until they fit snug in the orange caps, add glue if needed.
Posted Image

Now for the top half of the shell, cut a hole for your breech opening in the fake barrel and cut a hole to make clearance for the Salvo tank. Go slow to make sure the fit is tight as possible.
Posted Image

Once you have everything fitting how you like, reassemble and start practicing your jet noises.
Posted Image

2 cameras died in the making of this writeup, leading to blurry photos shot with a video camera.

I could have used 2 tanks, but then it would have left me no room for the pump. I also could have placed the Salvo tank completely in the fake barrel, there is room, but it would have left me with barrel sticking out, ruining the look I was going for.

Ranges when the sun comes back, and the wind goes away.

#311900 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by cheyner on 26 February 2012 - 04:35 PM in Darts and Barrels

What are you actually calling these? You have 3 different names that I have seen so far.

#311875 Rayven Flywheel Switch

Posted by cheyner on 26 February 2012 - 02:48 AM in Modifications

Sounds like what a lot of people do to their Barricades. If you place the switch close enough to the trigger it shouldn't give you many problems, by close enough I mean like a hair trigger.

#311618 Region Specific Rules question

Posted by cheyner on 22 February 2012 - 01:23 AM in General Nerf

Aerodynamics do come into play, but weight also plays a big part in the range increase. A 1/4 inch slingshot weight is considerably heavier then the washer used for slugs.

#311197 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by cheyner on 14 February 2012 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Just rotate it as close to the shell as you can and hot glue the shit out of it.

#310731 Massacre 7

Posted by cheyner on 05 February 2012 - 10:33 AM in Nerf Wars

You should get something to go over them, I have had my glasses blown apart before, and have a round dent in the frame to remind me of it.
Also keep in mind that this is in a gym, and there will be outdoor primaries in play, expect to take at least one short range shot from a Big Blast.

#310440 Maverick AR Mod Question

Posted by cheyner on 31 January 2012 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

No, that is not the place we are talking about.
The complete opposite end of that piece is the right spot though, so you are getting closer.

What you are having us check is increasing the seal between the turret and plunger, which wouldn't hurt either.

#310356 Maverick AR Mod Question

Posted by cheyner on 30 January 2012 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

That's called dry firing, and is a great way to break your plunger tube. You need to not do that, and to protect against others doing it you need to add padding to the plunger rod, making sure to cut a hole so air still gets through, try craft foam, layer it up if need be.

You did nothing wrong, the AR's are there to prevent this, along with keeping the ranges safe.

#310322 Wrist Mounted Flywheel Gauntlet Blaster

Posted by cheyner on 29 January 2012 - 08:21 PM in Homemades

Bringing the Quick 16 to mind, you should maybe move away from having it be a drum shape. Make it more of a gradual spiral shape to accommodate the large head on taggers. You could also make your clip larger this way as it would be spiraling up your arm, limiting clip size to what you are comfortable having strapped to your forearm, you could go pretty much all the way to your elbow.

#310085 Wrist Mounted Flywheel Gauntlet Blaster

Posted by cheyner on 25 January 2012 - 04:14 PM in Homemades

The tube magazine could work, use a end cap with a hole drilled into it so you can attach some vinyl tubing. Then simply run it up your arm and to a clip on the neck of your shirt, simply blow to load another dart.

#309301 ERTL Pump Action Shotgun Reproduction

Posted by cheyner on 09 January 2012 - 01:53 AM in Homemades

I like it, and while the rod out the back might be an issue, the stock could be easily redone to cover it, or even just some creative cutting of some PVC. Basically, just turn it into a thumb-hole stock and your problems are solved.

A plus to the rod is that it would be easy to Macgyver it to pull back if a problem arises with the pump mechanism mid-war.

#309100 Stefan Directory?

Posted by cheyner on 04 January 2012 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Thank you snakerbot, that page was pretty much what I was hoping for. Somebody is getting shot with a webby this year, that's for sure.

#309086 Stefan Directory?

Posted by cheyner on 03 January 2012 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

That is some good reading you linked to there Langley.

Reading those old post made me want more, I already rock megas every now and then, is there any write-ups on making these "ghost" darts I have heard of?
I know they are craft foam over FBR, I am more wondering if there is any tips on making them.

#308685 Terra nova props = NERF

Posted by cheyner on 24 December 2011 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

You are a couple of months late, seeing as the season ended this week.
I was hoping to see a Vulcan used in some way, but considering it was shot in Australia the price probably kept them from doing that.
I do thank you for that link though, that is a very interesting site in general, and should help with a current project of mine.
I didn't realize the Recon was actually 2 hacked and glued together, there are also a couple of other things that make me think it would be pretty hard to still shoot darts, which kinda sucks.
The NF however looks like it only needs a few minor tweaks to make it still be able to fire darts.

#308671 Darthrambelt: (principal has wide applictaion)

Posted by cheyner on 23 December 2011 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

I actually had a few other things to say, but was trying to not sound like a dick. But you are clearly a douche so why should I worry?

Nobody has said that your math is wrong, its what you are saying that is wrong. Pretty much every example you have given in defense has been wrong.

Yeah, how about I ask somebody your revolver question, then show them a Maverick and a Mustang 6 and watch their head explode.

You say that this is useful on something like a Vulcan because it can't have a longer barrel, yet this morning you said it can't even have a barrel, which is it? But wait! If we use that along with your revolver question, how the fuck does a Vulcan even work in the first place then? Could it possibly be because it has 25 "barrels" in the form of a chain?

Like I basically said on NRev, suck up your pride and realize what people are saying so we can move onto the actual mod and its applications.

Now lets move on from all of that, and get back to the actual mod.

Did you measure the length of tape you used? Have you tried different lengths?

#308667 Darthrambelt: (principal has wide applictaion)

Posted by cheyner on 23 December 2011 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

My bad, didn't realize you totally think Nerf guns are the same thing as a real gun, and that anything dealing with firearms can totally be related directly to Nerf.

#308640 Darthrambelt: (principal has wide applictaion)

Posted by cheyner on 23 December 2011 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

I think you are missing what everybody is telling you, on multiple sites.

So with your super awesome magical tape method, the rest of the "barrel" now has absolutely no effect on the dart? Shit, I guess everybody has been wrong all along, we should be using 1/2" long, super tight barrels on everything.

Yes, tightening rings do work exactly like this, so does sticking say a 1/2" long stub of 17/32 brass into Petg.

I have the feeling you have no idea how an Angel breach works, so you probably should not use it as an example. The tightening rings are there to build up more pressure, shockingly like your super innovative tape. What use would they be as a dart tooth? Considering a dart tooth would stop the dart from moving, notice how it moves out of the way on stock CS blasters after you load a dart? Pretty sure you can't take those rings out after you load a dart. If anything would be a dart tooth in this mod, it would be the 1/2" and 17/32" brass that pushes the dart into the rings.
But in the end, considering tightening rings are optional pretty much destroys any argument you have for them being a dart tooth.

Also, technically a Vulcan does have a barrel, 25 of them stock to be exact. Following your train of thought, pretty much every Nerf blaster that doesn't use streamlines doesn't have a barrel.

But yeah, Merry Christmas.

#308037 A pair of Sonic Bazooka mods

Posted by cheyner on 04 December 2011 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I like the coupler set up, but you really killed your ranges with those "smaller tubes".
Try it without the disks and smaller tubes, all you need is three barrels, and it's pretty easy to make sure your barrels do not go past that ridge.

But yeah, I like that coupler set up, should save a shit-ton of hot glue.

#307961 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by cheyner on 01 December 2011 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Alternatively, most stick lumber comes in tarps, a few questions towards the right people should get you all the tarp you need, for free.

Any store that sells lumber should be able to help you with this, no problem.

Depending on what you need the thin-wall PVC for, the tube used for central vac piping is 1 1/2 O.D. and fits over 1 1/4 PVC with a bit of a gap. It isn't the strongest though, so I don't know how well it will like mechanical fasteners.

Edit: I double checked today, I lied, it is not 1 1/2 O.D, it is 2" O.D..

#307765 GNP for CNP Angel's 12th Contract.

Posted by cheyner on 24 November 2011 - 10:32 PM in Modifications

Nice work, does the pressure gauge mean that it is plugged?

#306541 Hell Before Halloween 5

Posted by cheyner on 26 October 2011 - 08:04 AM in Nerf Wars

At this point there is only really 7 or so recaps on Canadian Nerfers, so I will move mine over here as well.

First and foremost, I would like to thank Angel and K-10 for putting on an amazing war, you 2 never fail to deliver a good time. I HAD A FUCKING BLAST!

Super-fun!
-Going to HBH5, an obvious first pro.

-Seeing all the regulars again, miss you guys in those long periods of no nerf.

-Americans! All of you fucking rock, and you guys (and girl) need to make it up for more wars.

-Winning headhunters, I only actually shot one person, all the others where taps, but it was Butter's for the win, the best person to shoot if you only shoot one person.

-"Sword fight" with the hungry Colonel, at one point he wound up with my blaster, and I had to pull out my "dagger" (pistol) to save my ass. I really hope that made it onto somebody's video camera, it was funny as hell and I want to see what it looked like to everybody else.

-Butters climbing to the top of the playground and challenging all, next thing I hear "this is a REAL slide cam" only to turn around to see him sliding down the slide and yelling "WHEEEEE", I was on the ground literally laughing my ass off after that.

-Not getting shot once while defending in Tower Defense, I have found my sweet spot for that, and you can't have it, no it's not the bulldozers.

-Being late, but still on time.

-K9 cookout

-Shooting defenders through that cloth stuff in tower defense.

-Getting a Ultimator, motorized Ballzooka, and a Jolt from Buffdaddy.

-Getting a big ass bag of stock ammo from Angel, it pretty much doubled the amount of stock darts I have.

-No problems with the obstacles, and lots of offers to help set them up, makes me want to make more.

-Bookworm's Librarian worked great in it's first war, which is even better because mine broke.

-The LGLF proving that it is possible to make an awesome entrance in a station wagon.

-Taking out most of Angels team in 360 core, only to have the favor returned by him while I was stuck reloading.

-YooHoo

-After party, so much fun I cant even begin to describe it.

-Random food just coming out to us at the Sushi buffet place.

-Grizzly letting Bookworm and myself crash at his place.

-Going to a place know for its breakfast the next morning and getting a delicious hamburger.

-Stopping at the Big Apple on the way home, Caution, Rabbits are wild and may bite if handled, please do not touch. Best sign ever.

Not so super:

-XIII blowing up a stefan on my forehead in headhunters.

-DoomCheyner broke, in the same way it did at Massacre 5, and somehow managed to suck a dart into the plunger tube.

-Could not hit the right part of the core if my life depended on it, I even managed to score a point for the yellow team, while being right in front of my side.

-No shows, what the fuck people, 30 or so of you? That's just ridiculous.

-Speed bumps at the park apparently did not go well with my muffler strap, realized after stopping at the Big Apple that my muffler was only being held up by the exhaust pipe. Luckily I work at a lumber yard, so I was able to use a lumber bander to fix it.

I'm most likely forgetting stuff, there was just too much awesome to keep track of it all.