CA13's Content

There have been 206 items by CA13 (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#264648 Home-rigged Vertical Lathe

Posted by CA13 on 07 February 2010 - 08:12 PM in Off Topic

Dude, it works better on the old oversized portable drills.

#264359 Ratchetblast Assistance?

Posted by CA13 on 04 February 2010 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

Carbon is the ratchetblast connoisseur of NerfHaven. Please look for his ratchetblast thread.

#264177 Finding A Blaster For A Friend In A Power Chair.

Posted by CA13 on 02 February 2010 - 08:13 PM in General Nerf

With all of the blasters it would be nice to extend the trigger like a paintball double trigger for added leverage. You should also think about assembling maybe 5 marvelous salvos for his use.

#263603 Arb

Posted by CA13 on 28 January 2010 - 09:42 PM in Homemades

If there was one golden rule in modifying/making a homemade Nerf blaster, it would be Rate of Fire>Range>Accuracy. Really, the last two should just be blessings that happen after your undertaking.

#263601 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by CA13 on 28 January 2010 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Saw this a long time ago, and this blew my mind away.
Probably why it's not as amazing to me, but when I saw the Deploy Cs-6 unfold on a youtube video, it instantly reminded of the Magpul FMG-9.
Pretty sick design/idea for a nerf gun haha.

Lol, a man purse. I really don't understand how anyone thought the folding in the blaster was electric. Anyways, carry guns are for people who are so paranoid because they saw a minority in their neighborhood. Fuck carry guns.

#263584 Break Barrel Ss2

Posted by CA13 on 28 January 2010 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

I liked the trigger design on the SS2. I'm glad someone actually executed an idea I had in my head for the longest while. I'm modding my SS2, and instead of the barrel system I have installed a 4-5 shot inline clip. The inline clip seems really nice for this mod, as you don't have to fiddle around sticking darts from the side into your blaster.

#263581 Soothsayer Is In The Hospital

Posted by CA13 on 28 January 2010 - 08:15 PM in Off Topic

I really think it's hilarious that someone would pay hundreds of dollars to get a small, questionable high, and end up degrading themselves as they take in more and more of the shit. Weed and alcohol (in large amounts to the latter) are not very productive or recreational, more of just some shit that's taboo in the media as the "cool" thing to do. What Soothsayer did makes him a giant idiot, and really I'm quite pitiful of what his life will turn out to be.

#263494 Soothsayer Is In The Hospital

Posted by CA13 on 28 January 2010 - 01:37 AM in Off Topic

Nice to know he's alright. Hopefully he never goes down the path of drugs again.

#263376 Help With The Buzzbee Belt Blaster!

Posted by CA13 on 27 January 2010 - 02:22 AM in Modifications

Hey, dude, you don't spend money on a gun with half of the mechanics devoted to running it fully automatic to single it and increase it's range by 20 feet. Use the search function and find mods. but, really, why would you single a wonky blaster with internals dreamed up by a psychologically compromised person doodling with their own feces? You have to have some thrift stores, etc. in Australia that could contain Nerf blasters.

#263357 R3ker: Now On Hold Due To Trigger Issues

Posted by CA13 on 26 January 2010 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

You should put in a spring to keep the pump handle extended. Otherwise, it sound like you are totally done.

#263353 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by CA13 on 26 January 2010 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

Well, if a SSPB can pull 50 feet from it's ass, I think it would be possible to mod this into a monster. The way the blaster fires (top to bottom) seems somewhat ineffective, since if you want to keep those extra 2/3 shot you have to pump a bit AND fire off the first 2 tanks in order to reach the loaded barrels. Could you post a pic, K9, of it next to a Nitefinder or PAS?

#263331 Handmade Nf Plunger Rod

Posted by CA13 on 26 January 2010 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

If you ever bought an expensive Lego Technics set you probably remember the extra long girder with the incredibly large amount of holes. Those girders are actually very useful if you have an N.F. without any major spring replacements, I.E. an N.F. with a razorback spring added.

#263329 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by CA13 on 26 January 2010 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

Zeke, we get you like your +bow, but you literally have posted those same pictures twice. Page 20 has THE EXACT SAME pictures. Really, I spent the time to check. Nothing changed, not even the lighting (or background, cropping, nothing). This isn't twitter man, unless its new, it doesn't need to be posted twice.

LOL don;t diss Unholey three bcuz they have cooler haircuts and are so update on the internets! gosh they are so B.A. with them and their dick waving and working to acquire a B.A. degree!

#263176 I Wanna Mix It Up A Bit.

Posted by CA13 on 25 January 2010 - 07:52 PM in General Nerf

You could revisit old but common favorites like the AT2k and reinvent them. Go to the thrift store/goodwill and buy any and all blasters that seem to look viable to mod.

We've all seen modded turrets, breeches, and RSCB clips, so maybe try something a bit more unique.

#263045 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by CA13 on 24 January 2010 - 10:05 PM in General Nerf

I really don't think so Busta. K9, do the tanks route to the pump with tubing or are they molded into a volley of tanks?

#262940 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by CA13 on 24 January 2010 - 01:08 PM in General Nerf

Nothing better than a quad-AT2k. Might be my first Buzz Bee gun.

#262826 Reverse Plungers

Posted by CA13 on 23 January 2010 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

Nerf isn't listening to us. Really, what little kid would choose a single barreled blaster with 50 feet of effective range or a 6 barreled blaster that has 15 feet of range? Most kids just like the look of an extra barrel or magazine instead of actual effectiveness. If you ever nerfed when you were 4, honestly you didn't care about accuracy as much as how fucking cool it looked when it was on the box.

#262567 Wipeout/pistol Splat Priming Lever?

Posted by CA13 on 20 January 2010 - 09:36 PM in Homemades

Yeah, I'd think you could hit up a dollar store or thrift shop to find something.

#262545 Big Bad Bow, Rapid Fire20, Rapid Fire20

Posted by CA13 on 20 January 2010 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

This is great. I don't understand the jumble at the top, but the dual RF20's are pretty awesome. You should swap that coupler for an RSCB on the badass bow.

You maybe could modify this more, over-banding one RF20 so you can have a medium range volley, while keeping the other RF20 as your holdout.

The wind speed calculator and stuff: probably useless. Not to be mean, but no matter how hard you try at calibrating that sight for the curve in you barrels, the barrel would shift into another position. I do enjoy the creativity.

Your paint job is actually the coolest I've seen for a first gun. Running plastic over with smudges of black sharpie is actually worse than making a macaroni picture on construction paper. Now that I think of it, macaroni glued to a blaster would be way cooler than some faux camouflage /shade of gray.

#262542 Wipeout/pistol Splat Priming Lever?

Posted by CA13 on 20 January 2010 - 07:41 PM in Homemades

Did your dog just chew the handle? if he did you could probably glue and slip a length of PVC over the chewed part, or you can look for some stuff to make one out of.

You probably crossed the line at giving yourself "Airsoft Guy 777" as your username.

#262500 Furyfire/2k Modification!

Posted by CA13 on 20 January 2010 - 02:19 PM in Modifications

Great work. It would be ultra-cool if you cut some PVC and made the back "tank", also. I wish they had blasters comparable to the Sneak Shot.

#262492 Please Remove The Trigger Thread

Posted by CA13 on 20 January 2010 - 01:25 PM in Site Feedback

Ok, the thread would be nice if you could resurrect the trettel.net servers and delete the shitty posts, but, then again, we wouldn't have anything to show after.

I really just want this thread to go, and although I have more ambitious requests (like merging the mods, internals, longshot mods, and accessories threads into one orgasm of Nerf guidance) I'd settle on the trigger design thread closing.

#262435 March Meltdown 2010

Posted by CA13 on 19 January 2010 - 08:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Great Jesus, I'm on the east coast this coming march.

If there is love, I'll be there.

(put me as a maybe, if I ever seem in reach I'll try and run into a local toy store and grab at their offerings, because my bigger blasters are hard to hide and my small blasters are just too damn suspicious. Last time, I tried putting an SS1 into a sock and I was sweating like a college student coming from holiday in Amsterdam.

#262428 Please Remove The Trigger Thread

Posted by CA13 on 19 January 2010 - 07:53 PM in Site Feedback

When I first started lurking a while back, J_cobbers managed to get that thread stickied. Really, although Carbon still posted his trigger design, all of the other trigger designs are a bit clouding to the minds of a homemade virgin. Seriously, those MS Paint doodles haunted me for a week, and really just make the task of designing or assembling a homemade more daunting then it really is.

The first link that brought me here was the FAR thread pictures, and although they got me browsing Nerfhaven for a short moment, I looked upon that blaster and said "...couldn't do that". When I was finally lured into the site again, I saw the SNAP threads and immediately started cobbling parts.

What I really mean to say is that this trigger thread could be two things: The rustfucked, raised AMC eagle that has a confederate flag shamelessly sprayed onto the trunk hatch, or that really cool kit car that might not be as fun as the real car and seems like it took forever to get together right. If we removed this thread we wouldn't have the shitty trigger concepts presented in "1 time i made triger wit vlav i got frum store" and the overly complicated and untested MS paint sketches.

Ohh, and a metaphor aimed at Talio: Thread is daunting like building an American 180 from stock steel blanks, but also can be crappy like a pen gun made out of a bolt lock from a port-o-potty.

#261142 I Have A Question About losers.

Posted by CA13 on 07 January 2010 - 10:20 PM in General Nerf

We don't like losers because anything with a loser is lame. Really, all media portray losers in a kill or be killed fight. losers just protect their comrades by taking out anything with high casualty risks.

Anyways, Nerf isn't simulated combat, I like to view it as a giant game of vendetta. I also think simulated combat isn't fun with "modern" weapons, i.e. toys patterned after the forty-to-sixty year old rifles we STILL use even with a $685.1 billion defense budget, because with these weapons battle just doesn't seem so courageous.

In short, if you want your CNC custom-machined titanium lower receiver Barret M85 chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum, you won't find it here. Since you're thirteen, I think you should probably get guns out of your head and think more about how your generation will fix the world.

#261138 Sawtooth Rifle

Posted by CA13 on 07 January 2010 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

Dizzy, you should probably cut down the magazine shell, and cove the hole with the cuttings. Then you won't have a wonky front end to fool with!

#260818 Intro To Solvent Welding Plastic

Posted by CA13 on 05 January 2010 - 06:58 PM in Homemades

Thanks for organizing the solvents we abuse. Just kidding.

It's nice to know that acetone can be of use if I ever need to create a weld between two guns.

#260814 Longshot With Clip Compatible Cpvc Breech

Posted by CA13 on 05 January 2010 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

So, you basically un-singled an LS?

I think it's cool, I'd probably would attach an extension spring to the brass bolt sled to it retracts as I let go.

#260812 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by CA13 on 05 January 2010 - 06:39 PM in General Nerf

SIDEWAYS RECON. MIND BLOWN.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK THIS REMINDS ME OF AN LSFG AND IT IS SCREAMING INTEGRATION WITH AN XBOW OR LS.

#260473 Cataclysm - Chicagoland War

Posted by CA13 on 02 January 2010 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

OK, mark me as a maybe.

#260471 Cataclysm - Chicagoland War

Posted by CA13 on 02 January 2010 - 02:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I just don't want to be embarrased if I bring blasters with silicone appendages zip tied to them.

#260468 Cataclysm - Chicagoland War

Posted by CA13 on 02 January 2010 - 02:12 PM in Nerf Wars

are blasters with marital aids as foregrips allowed? or do i have to un-gay my maximizer?

#260048 Rscbow

Posted by CA13 on 28 December 2009 - 11:06 PM in Homemades

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit.

#260029 Rscbow

Posted by CA13 on 28 December 2009 - 08:29 PM in Homemades

I was considering making a large SNAP with a foot stirrup mounted to the front of it, so I could cock the gun medieval-crossbow style, and then attach my loaded barrel to the coupler. If you have trouble cocking your rifle, maybe you should do some research and plan it out.

#260028 Stromfinder Rifle

Posted by CA13 on 28 December 2009 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Don't fuck with springs, beyond removing rust from them. We should all know, Bob, that rapidly cooling a metal, especially in a fluid besides oil, is a bad idea to begin with, not only hardening the metal but oxidizing it also.

Oil still hardens it, it actually hardens it more. And can still cause oxidation, although not as much.

Exactly why oil is something you'd want if you needed to harden a spring.

#259980 Rscbow

Posted by CA13 on 28 December 2009 - 04:19 PM in Homemades

Sweet blaster. I might just make one of these and find a use for a Furyfire handle.

Maybe you should redo that handle though. Looks un-comfy. One of my SNAPs has a handle like this:
_______

/ /\ / / \ ^ / / \ / Front Face /______/ \ Sides <--+--> \ \ \ _ / \______\/\ \/\ \/ Rear Face \ _____\ \ | | \ |_____| \ \ \ / \ \ / \ \ / \ \ / \ \ / \_____\/

DAMN ASCII EXPLANATIONS. THEY DON'T WORK.

#259979 Stromfinder Rifle

Posted by CA13 on 28 December 2009 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

Don't fuck with springs, beyond removing rust from them. We should all know, Bob, that rapidly cooling a metal, especially in a fluid besides oil, is a bad idea to begin with, not only hardening the metal but oxidizing it also.

I like how the rifle is coming along, but I hope you don't make the shell goofy by putting two of the same pistols in tandem. If you put a fury fire on the front, you could just use trigger pull to rotate a new chamber. That would be Effeminate.

#259933 (almost) Semi Auto, Rscb Titan, Powered By 12v

Posted by CA13 on 28 December 2009 - 12:34 AM in Modifications

Good that you are using a compressor for car tires, as they run at a pretty low psi, compared to bicycle tires.

Maybe you should just keep the pack on a bench at a war, filling up external airtanks (maybe even for a fee.)

I just think having a compressor strapped to your back (with an alkaline battery, which are no safer than lead acid car batteries) is a bit overkill.

#259693 Heavyweight Mod

Posted by CA13 on 24 December 2009 - 12:46 AM in Modifications

Well, I understand your choice in clay for possible removal... but I really think there are other options.

I'd keep the foam and use those pinewood derby weights for sandwiching between layers of foam.

#259680 Nite Finder - Closing The Gap On A Minimized Shell

Posted by CA13 on 23 December 2009 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

After the glue-up, I'd add some substance and make chamfers with bondo. Thank you for a way to close up our minimized holes.