euphemism's Content

There have been 244 items by euphemism (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#82198 Nf Plunger

Posted by euphemism on 21 May 2006 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

Unless the piece you are referring to is a screw then I can pretty much assure you that it isn't from the plunger. I was just modding an old ed. NF today and the plunger only has two plastic pieces. Good luck.

#71372 Next Yano

Posted by euphemism on 20 January 2006 - 11:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I will actually be on vacation in san diego during february vacation so if it occurs then I may be able to attend. Needless to say I have no insight on location or any such details.

#60471 New To Nerf, Rf 20 Query!

Posted by euphemism on 28 July 2005 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

Your only bet is to use some other, stronger tubing for the tubing from the pump and stuff. Maybe that copper tubing that comes in coils at Lowes. You can get it where they sell the electrical wires in smaller sections.

I think vinyl tubing would be much better and more logical, that is the transparent flexible stuff not pvc. you should be able to get it at home depot but I can't remember what section so just ask an employee.

#67649 New Fun Ammo

Posted by euphemism on 14 November 2005 - 07:35 PM in General Nerf

Well I've had "regular" smarties and nestle smarties and I can say that there is no way a nestle smartie could fit in 1/2" cpvc so I think we can safely assume he was reffering to "regular" smarties. M&Ms are knock offs? I had no idea, I still like them better though.

#63513 New Barrel Found!

Posted by euphemism on 11 September 2005 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

I'm not trying to hijack the thread or anything, just thought I'd add another barrel type. This tent repair sleeve available from REI works as a micro barrel but it is tight, and at $0.75 for 5" it's more expensive than PVC (but still cheap). It seems to be some sort of gold, aluminium alloy, also it fits perfectly in an ex-3 barrel.

#107633 Nerfers Near Me

Posted by euphemism on 26 May 2007 - 08:30 AM in General Nerf

I have it on good authority that there is a significant nerfer presence at RIT.

#60562 Nerf: The Ultimate Dream Job?

Posted by euphemism on 29 July 2005 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

nerf's HQ> nerfHQ
but anyway, so the BBB is being re-released, nice, I had no idea it was one of the re-releases. Also, about the mav, I'm confused about the way everyone says the barrel advance system is so complex, it works in exactly the same way as a clicky pen. Now don't get me wrong, it was absolutely genius to use that in a nerf gun but it's not that complicated. Well I guess I should keep myself from getting that off topic but it's in my nature.

#82113 Nerf War/assassins On Fox9

Posted by euphemism on 20 May 2006 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

There was a quick shot of the BBB in an NF, I imagine whoever it was that made that was in it.

Good find.

EDIT: Research tells me it was Lopius who made it.

#101360 Nerf Tech Target

Posted by euphemism on 24 March 2007 - 11:35 AM in General Nerf

Well fuck-shit-jesus, you're right, we should only yell at fucking idiots when they offend us with their goddamn cuss words. It's completely fucking ridiculous for people to get pissed when some fucker comes and says something as groundbreakingly retarded as "hey the TTG looks like a scout"

I completely agree with you Marine.

(I realize that the whole saying something with the word fuck a bunch 'o times in response to someone talking about swearing is a bit hackneyed but I feel it was needed)

#82723 Nerf On Wii

Posted by euphemism on 04 June 2006 - 09:58 AM in General Nerf

If you are looking for discussion on the revolution you may wish to go to this thread.
Happy discussing.

#74742 Nerf Laser

Posted by euphemism on 28 February 2006 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

I think you meant to post here, shotty master.

#80298 Nerf Haven Sent Me An Email?

Posted by euphemism on 18 April 2006 - 09:23 PM in Site Feedback

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#80104 Nerf Contest!

Posted by euphemism on 16 April 2006 - 12:29 PM in General Nerf

I'd say hasbro did not "mess up", it's just that a ton of kids in eastern and central time zones watch toonami. It is not surprising that 101 of them called before you did. Unless you were sitting in front of your TV with your cordless phone with 1-800 already typed in, you didn't have a chance. As for you pacific guys, I think you got screwed over (I'm not positive on that though).

#62440 Nerf Bullets

Posted by euphemism on 22 August 2005 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Here is a writeup for my nerf bullets that I invented a while ago, after my titan began killing my homemade micros. You can also make mega bullets with the same procedure.

Posted Image
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Make a somewhat tight hole for a single mardi gras bead (they are fairly easy to take off the string).

2. Push the bead in and duct tape it in (use enough so you don't kill people with the bead).

In the end the dart should be about 1/2 an inch long and covered in duct tape.
You can put more than one in the barrel for shotgun-ness if a powerful gun is used. Their range is damn good, accuracy is good and velocity is crazy, of course you can use steel ball bearings, brass BBs or lead sinkers but I don't use them to decrease the mortality rate. Due to the slight diameter increase CPVC generally a bad barrel for them but otherwise they work in whatever works for other micros (or megas for mega bullets).

Good look, god save the queen and all that jazz.

EDIT: Have scissors handy for trimming any excess duct tape.

#62528 Nerf Bullets

Posted by euphemism on 25 August 2005 - 03:26 AM in Modifications

Thanks everyone for all positive comments. One thing that's great about them is that they are utterly invincible. Also they can fire from most guns modded to fire stefans from sspb to titan.

Note to anyone making them: Be sure that they are at least slightly longer than wide so they don't roll when you ramrod them.

EDIT: oops this was meant to me in homemades I didn't notice it was here until now, please move

#72662 Need Help Regarding Stefan Making

Posted by euphemism on 08 February 2006 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

For the most part, I doubt the ranges possible with your average modded Nerf gun are really affected by holes or no holes. If you're shooting darts long distances (like those crazy 100ft+ guns I keep hearing about... crazy!), I would imagine it makes a big difference...

If you shoot darts with long, wide holes in them out of high powered guns there is a very good chance they will rupture at some point along the side due to the much higher pressure.

#68579 Need Help On Blastfire

Posted by euphemism on 29 November 2005 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

I'f you've ever modded it then it probably means you set the trigger incorrectly when you put it together, I did the same thing and I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. You need to set the trigger right because otherwise it doesn't push the white part forward enough for it to lock and it will be pushed back by the pressure until enough pressure is gone. Hope that helps.

#68595 Need Help On Blastfire

Posted by euphemism on 29 November 2005 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

I decided to fix mine too, you may not not need to change your trigger's position but that of the forward moving part of the trigger assembly. I had to move that part forward a little and now mine works great.

#125183 Nation States And Ogame

Posted by euphemism on 06 October 2007 - 10:22 AM in Off Topic

I used to play nation states a while back and then I bought the book that it was made to promote (Jennifer Government) and it kicks ass.

#69082 My Ss2 Is Smoking

Posted by euphemism on 11 December 2005 - 11:18 PM in General Nerf

Because SOMEONE couldn't be bothered to actually search but instead told others to search, here's the link.

#75405 My Multi Use Ttg

Posted by euphemism on 06 March 2006 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

I've done that with my BBB and two maxshots. Also, what do you mean you made an arrow shooting attachment? Arrows fit on PVC.

#75421 My Multi Use Ttg

Posted by euphemism on 06 March 2006 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

I was just talking about regular ol' half inch sch 40. I suppose arrows are a little bit tighter on pvc than they ought to be.

#64477 My Gun Design

Posted by euphemism on 27 September 2005 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

That would be cool. You could like, take a NF and put 3 rotating barrels on it, and sand it all down so it's smooth then do what you want on it. Just a thought.

Well three barrels is all well and good but that's nothing compared to the NF20.

EDIT: I just had a sudden idea, that would require you make a notch on each plunger shaft. You could make a selector switch that could be pushed towards a plunger shaft and have something fit into your notch to prevent it from moving forwards when you fire or leave it in the center and it will not inhibit either plunger. This way you could cock both, push the switch to the left, fire, push it to the right, fire, reload, and repeat as needed.

#64450 My Gun Design

Posted by euphemism on 27 September 2005 - 03:04 PM in General Nerf

That's a pretty cool design, small and simple.  It looks like it has two barrels,  so isn't it the same thing as a warthog or sharpshooter 2?

Not exactly, if you look at the top view you can see it has two cocking handles and therefore two plungers and plunger tubes. You could either cock one, fire, then cock the other and fire or cock both and fire both, or at least I think so.

#69358 My Dead Sexy Nitefinder.

Posted by euphemism on 16 December 2005 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

If nothing else your nite finder definitely gets "street cred" as it as an alcoholic and a heroin addict. But the paint job has a somewhat plain design (mostly like colors) but it is well executed. I really can't see where your "unevenly painted" comment is coming from Ninjz.

#78331 Modding Or Playing?

Posted by euphemism on 01 April 2006 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

C'mon, almost all geeks have some geeky friends. Usually at least a couple will be willing to try something new and interesting. That's at least based on my experiences in almost all things geeky, which I consider nerf part of.

#65061 Micro Darts

Posted by euphemism on 04 October 2005 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

Color can actually be a big difference among suction darts, the yellow ones with blueish purple tips generally get better range than the orange ones with more purplish tips, at least for me. But I would just get taggers or sonics but don't use taggers with the maverick.

#97098 Merry Christmas From...

Posted by euphemism on 25 December 2006 - 01:51 PM in Off Topic

Or schools calling their Christmas trees "holiday Trees".

I disagree with you on that, I think separation between church and state is one of the most important things in modern gov't. In private schools on they other hand they can have Xenu trees for all I care.

#97074 Merry Christmas From...

Posted by euphemism on 25 December 2006 - 02:57 AM in Off Topic

You guys are a little late on the Happy Hanukkah-ing. It ended on the 23rd. Anyway, happy Christian adaptation of a Pagan holiday.

#82418 Memorial Day

Posted by euphemism on 28 May 2006 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

I'm not exactly sure how invading an arbitrary country(Iraq) is protecting our freedom but this is not a board for political discussion so I don't want to start one here. Anyway, I do not make a point of celebration memorial day very much, not that I have anything against doing so. I don't really celebrate any holidays a lot, except for fun things as I am mostly a hedonist.

Also, don't anyone go saying I'm not supporting our troops; I support them so much that I want to get them out of Iraq and Afghanistan and back to America and have them not die.

#71595 Maverick...

Posted by euphemism on 24 January 2006 - 04:55 PM in Modifications

It is most definitlely possible and was done by BMZ. (link)

#68060 Mav20

Posted by euphemism on 20 November 2005 - 06:21 PM in General Nerf

Could you all have forgotten the NF20?

#68355 Mav Help

Posted by euphemism on 26 November 2005 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

Also, getting the metal pole out can be a bitch (probably what gave you resistance, angel) you can push it out with a VERY small screwdriver (the smallest in a set of percision ones usually) and a hammer or do what angel did and just pull very hard.

#115000 Mass War '07

Posted by euphemism on 08 July 2007 - 12:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah nerfer, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus, the reason you make darts is to use/lose them in a war, no? That's the way I see it, so if I lose darts in a war I don't really worry about it. But you will lose some.

I haven't heard from euph in months. I'm sure that Milton's 5 or so nerfers are still alive, I just dunno if they browse the forums anymore. I hope they do, because another 5 would be great.

TS

I'm alive bitches!!! As far as nerf in milton, well who knows.

Here's the deal. The centerpiece of our little nerf collective went to college (RIT) and propagated nerf there but alas I was not up to keeping nerf going, at least during the school year. Soooo, it didn't keep going. Now there's nothing keeping it from going now really it's just hard to start it up again.

BUT! That is referring to random local small wars, as far as organized wars, we can get people. Also it's summer so Eric is in town making the people gathering more effective.

HOWEVER! Everyone here is lazy.

ALTHOUGH! if we can find a ride there and back then we shall come with some people.

NONETHELESS! Actually I'm out of counterpoints.

EVEN SO! I will continue this annoying post.

YET! I won't.

#116770 Mass War '07

Posted by euphemism on 22 July 2007 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I couldn't come, I've been in the Cape since monday and just got internet access now, hope it was fun.

#84835 Married To The Sea

Posted by euphemism on 12 July 2006 - 01:10 AM in Off Topic

Indeed, married to the sea is quite entertaining. In addition to square root of three I also enjoy Alexander wager.

#69923 Mark Series Modded Nf

Posted by euphemism on 26 December 2005 - 11:37 PM in Modifications

Front detail of stock top and taclite of MK.1

http://i25.photobuck...19/IMG_0101.jpg

Apparently it is to be used as a stock.

Nice paintjob though you may want to add something to the back of the stock tube thing to make it more... stock-like, but then again you may not. My only negative comment is that the caulk for the solitaire is, no nice way to put this, ugly. You could try putting it in a 1/2" pvc coupler and putting the coupler in the hole. This would still require adhesive to attach but it would be much neater.

EDIT: Nevermind what I said about the caulk asthere isn't any, I was tired and there was glare on the the second picture and it looked just like someone glabbed on some caulk to hold it in.

#64233 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 23 September 2005 - 10:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Milton borders Boston near lower mills in Dorchester ,where there's a red line (mattapan high speed rail) stop, and there are a few good placesin Milton. There's a park known as Cunningham park that has some nice wooded area behind it with no poison ivy and no drunk kids until 6:30pm, usually at least 7:00. There's a cool, mostly woody place with paths, access roads and whatnot but it has a risk of poison ivy if you leave the roads. The cemetary is also quite good but it sometimes has people during the daytime and it has this non-biting but somewhat annoying fly that seems to inhabit only there. The place that seems to have the least in the way of drawbacks is the park, but the cemetary can be more fun, in my opinion.

#68131 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 22 November 2005 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, you wouldn't happen to know any bait und tackle shops in our vicinity would you? I'v never been fishing in my life so I would not, and do not, have a clue where one would be... hold on, a may have seen one in hull where I have some contacts, I'll look into it.

#64053 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 21 September 2005 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I am still living in MA and I expect to be for some time, I would like to go but transportation and lazyness play a big part in my decision making process. I have no real date preference as long is it is on a saturday. If you feel the urge to move it closer to Milton I, along with some others, would be far more likely to come, but if that place is really quite good than moving would just be foolish.