My Gun Design

I was bored so I designed a gun!

11 replies to this topic

#1 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

Well, I was bored just now so I decided to make up a cool looking pistol. I would absolutely love to have this gun and after seeing it I think you would too. What do you think of My Gun Design? I also need a name for it. Well, I just thought I'd put that out there. It looks pretty cool to me so i wanna see what you guys have to say. ;)

EDIT: I just realized that on the side view the pullback thingys are too high. I don't think i'll bother to fix that.

Edited by opiumpanda, 26 September 2005 - 09:31 PM.

"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#2 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:42 PM

That's a pretty cool design, small and simple. It looks like it has two barrels, so isn't it the same thing as a warthog or sharpshooter 2?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#3 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:55 PM

If it were a physical thing, I'd spit on it.

- Just kidding.. Kinda.

#4 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:04 PM

That's a pretty cool design, small and simple.  It looks like it has two barrels,  so isn't it the same thing as a warthog or sharpshooter 2?

Not exactly, if you look at the top view you can see it has two cocking handles and therefore two plungers and plunger tubes. You could either cock one, fire, then cock the other and fire or cock both and fire both, or at least I think so.

Edited by euphemism, 27 September 2005 - 03:05 PM.

#5 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:07 PM

It's kind of like a splitfire?

I had an idea to do that with some of the crapped up nightfinder cases I had lying around.

#6 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:29 PM

That would be cool. You could like, take a NF and put 3 rotating barrels on it, and sand it all down so it's smooth then do what you want on it. Just a thought.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#7 acumen101

acumen101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:57 PM

enh...it looks ok, but if I had my call on a gun, I'd have a belt/clip-fed system and semi auto capabilities. The real question about the gun is that would the darts stay in the barrel if you pointed it down? I'm more of a functionality over form type, but I don't put form last.
________

#8 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

The real question about the gun is that would the darts stay in the barrel if you pointed it down?

That questions goes for any gun. If you point your NF (I'm merely assuming you have an NF) down does the dart fall out? The answer is no, it looks like it has a large barrel but you can make that effect with just about any gun. It's purely asthetic. It is kinda like the Splitfire i guess.

I think I should make this out of 2 NF's and a homemade fibreglass case.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."

#9 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

That would be cool. You could like, take a NF and put 3 rotating barrels on it, and sand it all down so it's smooth then do what you want on it. Just a thought.

Well three barrels is all well and good but that's nothing compared to the NF20.

EDIT: I just had a sudden idea, that would require you make a notch on each plunger shaft. You could make a selector switch that could be pushed towards a plunger shaft and have something fit into your notch to prevent it from moving forwards when you fire or leave it in the center and it will not inhibit either plunger. This way you could cock both, push the switch to the left, fire, push it to the right, fire, reload, and repeat as needed.

Edited by euphemism, 27 September 2005 - 08:08 PM.

#10 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:02 PM

I was thinking of a Blastfire, but spring powered like that gun. My Hornet would would always skip like half of the 6 shots I fire. I find that spring powered guns are more reliable. I really like the idea of pulling back multiple plungers when you prime a gun.

Edited by SG Pilot, 28 September 2005 - 08:03 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#11 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:38 PM

I was thinking of a Blastfire, but spring powered like that gun. My Hornet would would always skip like half of the 6 shots I fire. I find that spring powered guns are more reliable. I really like the idea of pulling back multiple plungers when you prime a gun.

Heh, that just gave me an idea for an NF / Hornet mod. All you would need to do is something similar to the micro hornet by Renegade and add 6 NF barrels and springs. It might be hard to get them to stay back and release on command though. Any thoughts or ideas?

#12 mayhem

mayhem

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:54 PM

Well, it's a good design. But maybe you could make it look a bit cooler.

If hasbro let me design a gun I would take my tek10 shotgun:
Posted Image

and I would put a 4barrel turret on the front, and place 2 plungers in the gun.
When you cock it, it turns the turret.When you pull the trigger halfway, it shoots plunger 1. When you pull it fully back, it fires plunger number 2. That would be awesome, 4 shots in under 2 seconds.

O and I would make these:
http://img.photobuck...erfgunideas.jpg
http://img.photobuck...rfgunideas2.jpg

Edited by mayhem, 04 October 2005 - 08:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users