doubleshot's Content

There have been 250 items by doubleshot (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#171484 The Megamaverick!

Posted by doubleshot on 22 August 2008 - 01:51 AM in Modifications

Do you plan on replacing the pump?

#171469 Super Clipped Bbb Shotgun

Posted by doubleshot on 22 August 2008 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

This topic is about a year old, don't bring up old threads unless there is something significant to add, pm the poster.

#171439 Mega Missile Pump Replacement

Posted by doubleshot on 21 August 2008 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

I would love to see proof of that...

Proof of it denting the soda can? I can tape it at talio's war, I'm sure someone will have a camera.
EDIT:Also, why the hell would I make that up? I'm not one of these 14 year old ice praisers.

#171432 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by doubleshot on 21 August 2008 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Just a heads up, I'm bringing a lot of guns to sell. Don't really feel like listing the stuff, but theres older stock guns, LS clips, stuff like that.
EDIT:4 NIB AT2k's aswell.

#171429 Mega Missile Pump Replacement

Posted by doubleshot on 21 August 2008 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Very cool little 100' monster. Christ. Props on the keyring idea. I love how the pin sticks out on this one unlike how it's shrouded on the Big Blast.

No recorded ranges yet, but it should very well get over 100'. The air alone at 10 pumps dented a soda can. I really like this gun.

#171419 Mega Missile Pump Replacement

Posted by doubleshot on 21 August 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Replaced pump with one from a magstrike, and also trimmed it down a bit. Aptly named The Boat.

#171375 My Youtube Account

Posted by doubleshot on 21 August 2008 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

:lol: Funniest noob story as of late. :D

Dude, I respect him since he mods and goes to wars. He asked a simple question to the NIC. It isn't that funny.

He just can't film too well.

He wasn't talking about ice. That and, ice has only been to apoc.

#171317 Mega Missile Pump Replacement

Posted by doubleshot on 21 August 2008 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

Yea, I'm pretty sure it is. Same handle and all.
EDIT: BadWrench corrected me. I just looked at my magstrike and he's right.

#171295 Mega Missile Pump Replacement

Posted by doubleshot on 21 August 2008 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Alright, so the biggest disappointment of the Mega Missile was the pumps lack of size. I took a hornets pump, cut it down(both the tube and the handle),and wrapped it in electrical tape and jammed it in there. I then preceded to cover it in hot glue.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This mod also makes the gun more comfortable to hold upside-down. I have no brass, so no range tests yet, and I used a keyring trigger because the original one couldn't fire the gun after about 15 pumps (of the hornet pump).

#171138 My Youtube Account

Posted by doubleshot on 20 August 2008 - 10:39 PM in General Nerf

In fact, it would just be better to point them to HQ and the wiki.

I think this is one of the best ideas on the forums.

#171107 Big Bad Problem

Posted by doubleshot on 20 August 2008 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

BBB are pretty temperamental in that sense. Even with the stock springs they tend to do that (at least my 3 did). The best thing you can do is get a different gun, imo.

#171085 The Megamaverick!

Posted by doubleshot on 20 August 2008 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

This could be primary worthy... I really hope so. This would be a very cool gun.

#171060 Runescape

Posted by doubleshot on 20 August 2008 - 08:16 PM in Off Topic

Alright, acer, did you just come here to argue about runescape? It would seem this way, as it's all you've done. If you'd like to buy an account, I have a level 102 with about 7-8M of crap on it. If not, disregard that last statement. Start a thread about nerf.

#170865 # Of Springs In The Longshot?

Posted by doubleshot on 20 August 2008 - 01:42 AM in Modifications

It all depends on what springs you use. LS+BBB tends to be a good combination. Don't stretch your springs by the way, it weakens them over time.

#170742 The Mini-salvo

Posted by doubleshot on 19 August 2008 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Very nicely done, I figured people would only use Marvelous Salvos (and variants) as integrations onto already decent guns, not as the main gun themselves. Nontheless, very clean.

#170520 New Nerf Games On Kotaku

Posted by doubleshot on 19 August 2008 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Can you guys see the size of that Vulcan?

It fires Megas or possibly bigger.

I could do so much to that thing.

The real question is, How do I get one?

Sweet fucking jesus. We must hunt this beast down, or another like it. Nerf had to have made it, but the question is, did they make more then one?

#170491 Cpvc Couplers

Posted by doubleshot on 18 August 2008 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Try both, see what works.

#170441 My New "pistol"

Posted by doubleshot on 18 August 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

I REALLY like the pump restrictor/slide. One question though, why didn't you make it longer to allow more air per pump?

#170357 Nitefinder Mod

Posted by doubleshot on 18 August 2008 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

A word of advice, don't use 9/16th's as barrel holders (for extra barrels). I lost a barrel at apoc like that, then badger found it : D.

#170257 Chubbs

Posted by doubleshot on 18 August 2008 - 10:19 AM in Modifications

Well, just about anyone who has been conscious for the past month is going to know exactly what this gun is. It's been randomly bumped so many times that I'm tired of looking at it. If this was at apoc, I would've backed up out of its range, and then continually fired at it. It's not going to chase you, and the one titan shot with a 4 inch barrel isn't going to be very accurate at the bottom of the most unwieldy gun on NH.

#169798 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by doubleshot on 16 August 2008 - 06:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Varsity may go without me, not sure. But as of right now, I MAY have mono, which apparently lasts for about a month and a half, and is pretty contagious. Me and Varsity are both now maybes. Sorry guys.

#169785 Apoc #7 Reaction Thread

Posted by doubleshot on 16 August 2008 - 04:56 PM in Nerf Wars

There was some older guy there who had tanner skin, toting a stock longshot and some other stock gun who was doing a lot of filming. I think he just heard about the war and wanted to see what it was all about. I think he even got some kills too.

#169739 Tek Clip Mod

Posted by doubleshot on 16 August 2008 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

I've seen these in some KB's around me, post pics of how the shell system works, and someone may throw an idea out there for you.

#169672 Hornet And Bs Blast Chambers?

Posted by doubleshot on 16 August 2008 - 09:22 AM in General Nerf

NO!

Dump Valve Blasters: SuperMaxx Line and AirTech Line. The tanks are all pretty much the same, but the trigger mech varies slightly. Titan, Big Blast, Blast Bazooka, Mega Missile Blaster and a plethora of others. The dump valve means you're actually pulling (via a firing pin attached to the trigger) the valve back (which is pressed and sealed against the front/barrel opening of the air tank). A solid design and lasts a long time. Also, the higher the pressure and the larger the dump valve opening, the harder it shoots and the harder it is to pull back the trigger.

"Blast Chamber" Blasters (as they've come to be called) or Back Pressure Valves: Big Salvo, Hornet, Blast Fire, Triple Fire, and a few others. These work on back pressure and can all use the same trigger system. As long as the trigger allows air to flow back away from the blast chambers they will fire. No matter how big the tank or high the pressure, it's not difficult to pull/push the trigger, but the design isn't as durable as and more prone to leaks than Dump Valve Blasters. Also, Lightning Blitz, Secret Shot 2, and a few others. These get their own category, because while they work on back pressure, their trigger systems are not inner-changeable. The reason for this is that the air does comes in one place with a check valve in the tank and the firing valve (back pressure valve) is in a different spot. The SplitFire gets its own category because there isn't much like it in the foam world. I'm not exactly sure how the trigger allows back pressure, but it does (anybody ever disected or seen into a SplitFire before? Just curious.)

Those two categories cover the majority of blast chambers in NERF blasters. If anybody can think of other types, let me know. It would be good to compile all these things in one place.

Thank you very much, I was actually going to make a topic to ask this today. The smdtg's valves fall into this category aswell. On another note, were there any guns that used multiple dump valves? Likewise, were there any guns that used single back pressure valves? I see no real advantage in using a single back pressure, but many in using multiple dump valves.

#169575 New Nerfer Database

Posted by doubleshot on 15 August 2008 - 09:57 PM in General Nerf

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. You can thank Puppy-§layer for having a retarded map-breaking username.

Sweet. I have to say, using nerf darts as the custom pin marker is brilliant, and a very nice touch.

The credit for that is all Captain Slug's. He made them for me. Now I just need a good symbol to represent a nerf war....

How about 2 guns crossing? I could do it, but I'm not sure what type of file it has to be, or if it has to be done in some specific software. I have photoshop, let me know.
EDIT-Also, I don't see the darts on the map.

#169360 How Do I Make Cddts?

Posted by doubleshot on 15 August 2008 - 07:18 AM in Modifications

CDdts r great u new to nerf if u dont know how to make them
NOOB

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole

What a creative idea for a signature. Think of it yourself?

But seriously, is there any advantage to using Cddts over stefans? Besides of course if u new to nerf if you don't know how to make them NOOB.

They're a good way to make stefans if you don't have access to the materials to make genuine ones.

#168861 Dodging Darts. The Right Way.

Posted by doubleshot on 13 August 2008 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

2. Now, depending on wether or not (or how much) the opponent's blaster is modded, the velocity of a round fired can greatly vary. In my arsenal, the average velocity is about 40 feet per second. Decent speed. so, you generally shouldn't have to be looking at the dart. What you should be looking at is your opponent's trigger finger. as soon as you see the finger beginning to squeeze (or pull, when not firing correctly), jump in the appropriate direction. (see Fig. 1)

But what if people (like myself) do fake trigger pulls?

#168830 Chuppacabra

Posted by doubleshot on 13 August 2008 - 04:30 PM in Off Topic

Its a wild dog. The chupacrabe only comes out in night. And its believed to only live in central Mexico where its rich in chicken (its favorite meal).

It prefers goats over chicken, you know, because its name literally means "goat sucker".

#168611 New Buzz Bee Blaster!

Posted by doubleshot on 12 August 2008 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

You can see all the new Buzz Bee guns on the back of the box. Very poorly, but nontheless, there they are.

#168551 Best Sidearm

Posted by doubleshot on 12 August 2008 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

Please read around the forums or use the search function before posting threads like this. There is no best gun, there is only what you work well with.

#168354 Aluminum Plunger Nitefinder

Posted by doubleshot on 12 August 2008 - 03:18 AM in Modifications

Lt, Please take note of the lasts post date in a thread. If its a month or more old, PM any questions you have to whoever you asking. Take the advice from me, rather then a ban from an admin.

#168321 Discovery Power Welder

Posted by doubleshot on 11 August 2008 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

There is only one problem with that welder, you need an air compressor to make it work (greatly increasing the price)

And I already have a compressor, so I might buy it.

<- tool addict

It would just run off of compressed air?

#168162 Apoc #7 Reaction Thread

Posted by doubleshot on 11 August 2008 - 04:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Never had the chance to post my highlights until now.

-Doing well with Varisty and the other guy I was with most of the rounds. We played well together. I wanna say your name was dave? We called you young Rob for a while.

I thought you guys were calling me howie junior or something. You got the name right though. Me and Vars play well together because just about anything we've done since we were like 7 we've done together.

#167752 Easiest Gun To Mod

Posted by doubleshot on 10 August 2008 - 09:55 AM in Modifications

I would say the 3b or big bad bow. You just need a marker. Just do this mod. Or, you could have looked at the modification directory.

Edit:
Bendy beat me to it.

A 3B and a Big Bad Bow are the same thing. I think you meant a 4B?

#167532 Stefan Length Poll

Posted by doubleshot on 09 August 2008 - 01:03 AM in General Nerf

I just kinda cut em to a length that looks decent. I don't really get all scientific like these cats above me here. At apoc the only difference different stefans made was because they were either the right diameter for my barrel, or they weren't. I didn't really see any variance in distance or accuracy as far as length goes.

#167507 Is It Possible To Run A Car On Sugar?

Posted by doubleshot on 08 August 2008 - 09:56 PM in Off Topic

They also found a way to burn saltwater. But it uses a whole radiowave generator thing that would cost more to power then gas would in 100 years.

#166774 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by doubleshot on 06 August 2008 - 10:49 AM in Nerf Wars

My shotgun is fine, right Talio? I'm not sure if I'd let someone shoot me in the face point blank. but it was the one at apoc that everyone was calling a singled doomsayer, you even went as far as to call it a crossbow. If you don't remember it, let me know. BTW:It's me and Varsity, hopefully.

#166773 Apoc #7 Reaction Thread

Posted by doubleshot on 06 August 2008 - 10:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Last of foresaken's pics- This is when me and Varsity were still alive in the gunslinger, and the kid with the pink TAPE in his mouth was in purgatory. We allied with him more on the reasons of he couldn't kill us, and we could kill him for his life. Not sure if he was dead there yet or not, but we ended up killing him because he was asking derrick for another pistol.

3rd to last of foresaken's pics- In the distance you can see me standing (black shit, black shorts, blond hair) and another kid named Dave? sitting in a blue shirt. Anyway, it ended up with my shotgun misfiring and shooting him pointblank either right before or right after this picture was taken. I offered to let him shoot me back as payback, but he was pretty cool about it and said nah.

All around a great day and I wouldn't miss it for anything next year. I look forward to seeing everyone that was there this year, next year, and then a few more on top of that.

#166545 Longshot Clip Mod "upside Down"

Posted by doubleshot on 04 August 2008 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

Please, for the love of the respect of fellow members, don't turn into ice/uin13.

#166523 Stefan Supplies

Posted by doubleshot on 04 August 2008 - 03:10 PM in Homemades

He lists all the item numbers (from mcmaster) in his write-up.