Shot in the dark

99 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

So seeing as how I've just recently made my triumphant return and I'll probably be in Jersey working on my crossbow, I'm going to want to nerf. Would anybody show up on the 31st at Millcreek Park (LCM grounds) for a small Viking style nerf war?

Plans are pretty open. We'll start around 10. It'll pretty much be the exact opposite of Apoc. While those big wars are fun as hell, small intimate wars I think are actually even more fun. Let me know and I'll throw something together. If I can get 6 people interested, we'll do it.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

I should be able to come with one other unless something pops up.

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

So far, I can go. 3 wars in one month, woot!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

I will be able to come.

Edited by Silencer, 04 August 2008 - 12:31 PM.

TMC

#5 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

I'll already be back at school, so I won't be able to make it.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, I realize I'm screwing over some of the Toms River dudes with the date, but like I said, this is meant to be very casual and fun. We've got 5 already, so all we need is one more and I'll start really planning this thing. Just so you know, we'll get a better idea the closer we get to the date what kind of numbers we're looking at, but seeing how many people are nerfing these days, I figured it wouldn't be hard to just throw something together real quick. I look forward to it.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

Me and varsity will try our hardest to be there. Can you post some sort of directions or google maps location?
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

Millcreek

It's the LCM home field and APOC field for the first 5 years.

#9 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

I'm interested. Put me down as a maybe, depends on if I can get a ride.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#10 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

I am pretty definite at this point in time.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#11 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

I'm also a definite for this one.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#12 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:18 AM

Fuck yeah. If the Badgers in, then we're definitely on.

Okay, so here's how I run things. I have no idea how it's been handled the last couple of years, but I'm just gonna run this the way I used to do things. In fact, this is almost a copy and paste out of an old war topic. So here we go:

Who:

At this point:

chalywong +1
keef
Silencer
doubleshot
ice
Dark Shrimp
badger
Splitlip
Myself

Should make an alright size game. With wars this size we can really experiment with different types of rounds and can cater to anything specific people want to try. Let me know if you have anything in mind. We'll discuss

What:

Old school Talio war run my way. That means if you piss me off, you'll be asked to leave. It's happened before.

Where:

Millcreek

When:

11 am - We'll start a little later since this is casual. Give everyone an extra hour of sleep. I'm going to be in the area (hopefully), so it won't be a stretch for me to be there on time. I'll try not to be hung over.

How:

As always guns are at my discretion. Have a backup. Anything I feel that gives you a distinct advantage you'll be asked to bag it. Right off the bat Titans or any product of a Titan must be firing a Titan missle. My general rule of thumb is that if your not willing to take a point blank shot to the face with it, neither is anyone else. My test is always that I let you shoot me with it and if I think it's too powerful, it's gone. Also to keep game balance if you have a Doomsayer, don't even bring it. I have nothing against the gun, but it's too powerful for a small war. Also as a general rule if more then two people would like to exclude a gun I usually just ask that it be put away for the day. This excludes standard guns (Crossbows, BBB's, Airtechs, etc.).

Count your own hits, cheating will not be tolerated. I have very little patience for hit arguements. If you get into an arguement and think you weren't hit, just take it. Be a good sport about this, I don't want to have to ref all day. This is supposed to be laid back.

That's it guys, we're going to have a relaxing time for the most part. If you've got new mods this is a good chance to give them a try. I'm pretty much rebuilding my arsenal from scratch, so I'll be using brand new guns all day. Lets pray they stay together.

See you there,

Talio.

PS. This was my 1337th post. A good omen.

#13 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

The date of this is the 31st? That's the Sunday before Labor Day. Don't know if I can make that. I'll let you know.
I hate you.

#14 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

Count me the fuck in chief.
Teehee.

#15 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:18 AM

Is anyone planning on coming have a +bow? I didn't really get much of a chance to take a look at one. I played with slugs for like a minute or so, but was actually more perplexed by the spiderman gun on the bottom of it. Anyway, I don't think I'll have a problem with anyone using one, but I do want to see one shoot.

Talio.

#16 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

My shotgun is fine, right Talio? I'm not sure if I'd let someone shoot me in the face point blank. but it was the one at apoc that everyone was calling a singled doomsayer, you even went as far as to call it a crossbow. If you don't remember it, let me know. BTW:It's me and Varsity, hopefully.

Edited by doubleshot, 06 August 2008 - 10:49 AM.

92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#17 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

Yeah I got one that slug built for me. I'll let anyone play with it if they want; it's not really my kind of gun.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#18 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

Yeah I got one that slug built for me. I'll let anyone play with it if they want; it's not really my kind of gun.

I'd like to take you up on that if you don't mind. My primaries might not be done by then. And even if they are, they might not last that long. I have a thing for very complex guns (think vulcan, longshot, drop clipped Firefly).
Teehee.

#19 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

My shotgun is fine, right Talio? I'm not sure if I'd let someone shoot me in the face point blank. but it was the one at apoc that everyone was calling a singled doomsayer, you even went as far as to call it a crossbow. If you don't remember it, let me know. BTW:It's me and Varsity, hopefully.

Yeah, if it's the one I shot I have no problem with it. I lean more toward not banning guns. Again, I'm not really worried about how bad it's going to hurt, not as much at least as it unbalancing the game. I really wouldn't worry about it too much. It's standard stuff. Titans, 5k's and specifically the canadian fuck-cannons. I love them to death, don't get me wrong, but for a small war they would just completely dominate and I want to see nerfers, not nerf guns.

Talio.

#20 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

Sorry, I can't make it. Can't find a ride.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#21 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

Somebody give this man a ride please. Ice, provide your info.

I want to try something new that I really have no clue whether it will work or not. For this war only, I'm going to allow unmodded guns during pistol rounds. Specifically, if anyone has a long shot that's unmodded, bring it and use it. I'm almost postive this will fail, but I'm willing to try new things that might be fun.

Talio.

Edit - Cosmetic mods are fine, aka taking those stupid feet things off the longshot, just as long as the internals are intact.

#22 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:25 PM

I want to try something new that I really have no clue whether it will work or not. For this war only, I'm going to allow unmodded guns during pistol rounds. Specifically, if anyone has a long shot that's unmodded, bring it and use it. I'm almost postive this will fail, but I'm willing to try new things that might be fun.

Talio.

Edit - Cosmetic mods are fine, aka taking those stupid feet things off the longshot, just as long as the internals are intact.

You mean having a stock longshot vs modded guns? Or a stock only round. Cause stock only and I'm using my tornado. Fuck yeah.
Teehee.

#23 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

Talio.

You mean having a stock longshot vs modded guns? Or a stock only round. Cause stock only and I'm using my tornado. Fuck yeah.

If we have enough guns we can do that. But I mean like unmodded guns and modded pistols. Again, I have no idea if it's going to work, but I figure since it's going to be small we can give it a shot and see what happens.

#24 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

I've done a bunch of battles that had stock vs modded and stock will get slaughtered. Any decent modded nf or ttg can outrange a stock ls by quite a bit. Even though you have more shots the slowness and lack of power in stock guns is too much to overcome. I have played a lot of assassins and the teams that spent time improving their guns always had a distinct advantage. I'd be down for trying it with some real hardcore nerfers but understand what a battle like that entails.

#25 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

If it is a pistols round, a stock Tornado would not qualify as it is a long range gun, though it will be funny to see the wind catch one of your rings and send it on a long journey to getting lost. Remember, the Vortex line does not fare well outdoors.

I like the idea Talio. It gives people a challenge and levels the playing field a bit.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users