I invent, I name....

27 replies to this topic

#1 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image

Im working on this but did not think to take any pictures so I made up one from pictures I stole from other members..... Im trying to leave the stock plunger in place so air pressure will force the seal tighter.... not sure if it will work or not..... seems to be ok though.... currently im firing them similarly to how ICE fired his BBmav but it shows promise.... I never plug pumps until I test fire...

I have to work tomorrow but I will post real pictures and ranges when Im finished. Im experimenting with putting a spring or rubber band on my pump to make it work similarly to my 1911 SSPB
Posted Image

Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 20 August 2008 - 08:55 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#2 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts
  • State:Illinois
  • u/GearsLGLF on Reddit

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

NiteMav, eat your heart out.

If you can seriously get one of these up and running, I can easily see myself builing one. Badwrench, your (lack of a better term) innovation astounds me.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#3 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

NiteMav, eat your heart out.

If you can seriously get one of these up and running, I can easily see myself builing one. Badwrench, your (lack of a better term) innovation astounds me.

I have a firing model...... its just REALLY ugly and requires 2 hands..... when im done it will be 1 hand fiire and prime.

#4 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

This could be primary worthy... I really hope so. This would be a very cool gun.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#5 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

Looks a wee bit unwieldly, but the awesome pants-shitting power would be more than worth it. Can't wait for the final result.
It makes the world go round.

#6 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

Awsome, wish I'd thought of that.

I give you +1 mudkip ;)
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#7 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

You will need longer barrels of course when you are done. But anyways good job of thinking this up.

#8 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

You will need longer barrels of course when you are done. But anyways good job of thinking this up.

Somewhere in the Mod Thread, there's someone that built an extended barrel Maverick.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#9 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

For a second, I thought that the first picture (with the maverick and that other gun) was already done, and I was saying to myself, "WOAH, that is REALLY clean!" then I saw that it was edited and I read the text...but if you do complete a "good" (because you say the prototype is pretty bad) model of that gun, Good Job!
Also, I love the idea of integrating an SSPB into a BB gun(?) does it hurt or help the ranges in anyway?

#10 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

I have to work tomorrow but I will post real pictures and ranges when Im finished. Im experimenting with putting a spring or rubber band on my pump to make it work similarly to my 1911 SSPB
(image here)
Don

Have you tried to make the 1911 SSPB shoot BBs?
It makes the world go round.

#11 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

Have you tried to make the 1911 SSPB shoot BBs?

Although the 1911 sspb works I consider it a failure.... I took a gun that fit in your pocket, decreased its range and made it too big to fit in your pocket...... BUT the spring is genius.

Don

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

Cool idea!
You are going to want to extend the barrels.

I am sure we have a Maverick mod where you don't need the front of the gun intact.
This will allow longer barrels.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#13 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

as promised,,,

Posted Image

working on alignment and trigger timing currently.....

Don

#14 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • State:California

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:23 AM

I like it. Didn't Captain Slug work on a maverick without that whole front part?

#15 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:01 AM

I like it. Didn't Captain Slug work on a maverick without that whole front part?

Why yes, yes he did. Here.

#16 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

as promised,,,

Awesome! I'm curious though, yesterday you said "one hand fire and prime."

Unless I'm interpreting that wrong, how are you going to make it so you can use it completely with one hand?
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#17 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

Awesome! I'm curious though, yesterday you said "one hand fire and prime."

Unless I'm interpreting that wrong, how are you going to make it so you can use it completely with one hand?

not telling....yet... plus it still might not work

:edit

Posted Image

any questions about my cylinder seal?

Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 21 August 2008 - 12:57 PM.

#18 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

The extended barrel mav was made by that guy who does steapmpuck. It was in his introductory thread.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

You should look at the shoulder pump 3k.

The issue is that the pump stroke is barely bigger than a babies stroke.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

*snip*

[insert big pic here]

any questions about my cylinder seal?

Don

Yes. First, is that PVC, and if so, what size, and second, why did you put the spring on?
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#21 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

Yes. First, is that PVC, and if so, what size, and second, why did you put the spring on?

no, its 3/4in pex tubing. and the spring presses the tube against the cylinder... its a little excessive and I plan to use a lighter spring...

I assembled the gun for a trial run..... insane FPS coming out of barrel, shooting tagger darts so I should be able to see them but I just hear a loud thud from the wall on the other side of the room. The action is still too stiff and the trigger timing is way off but Im really liking what its shown me so far.

Don

#22 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

You're just wrong there. A spring in that direction will cause excessive wear and friction. Completely unnecessarily.

What you really want is a very low-mass and fairly weak spring pulling the port away from the cylinder. And for the port to have about a millimeter of freedom to slide out and touch the cylinder - which it will do during firing. You have air pressure to spare; don't wear out those mating parts.

I suggest you read about this revolver. Even though that's a true firearm, and the gap problem Nagant solved is between the cylinder and a true barrel (something the Mav lacks), the concept does apply. That's actually one of the few things they got right with the Maverick design, even though the actual manufacturing leaves it a little shaky in practice.

For the one Maverick I successfully "synchronized," what I did was sand the shell a little to make more room for that part to move, and put about one-third of one of the restrictor springs between it and the shell, pushing it away from the cylinder. I also dipped the outlet port in Plasti-dip for a better seal to the cylinder during each firing. But then the spring backs it off for rotation.

the Dart Tage Blast and the firefly both use springs to press the air chamber against the cylinder.... both work well.... I just used 10x more spring than I needed I plan to use a shell eject spring from a double shot.

#23 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

This is a great idea for a mod! It seems to me like barrel length and air seal will be the tricky parts. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing it when it is done.

#24 Retsiger

Retsiger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:42 AM

Wow! This was exactly what I was planning to do with my sm1.5k before its plunger assembly broke... So now it's just been sitting around, good to see someone else doing almost the same thing!

#25 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

Do you plan on replacing the pump?
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users