pinhead52's Content

There have been 182 items by pinhead52 (Search limited from 02-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#67059 Am I The Only One?

Posted by pinhead52 on 03 November 2005 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

I agree, but then again, I am clearly more into fashion than function. Hell, my favorite gun is the Mav...

#66689 Bbb Arrows?

Posted by pinhead52 on 28 October 2005 - 07:15 AM in General Nerf

I think you can order arrows off their site.

Also, its really easy to crayola-mod your BBB to fire stock micros. Just take out the restrictor and dremel the openning, a crayola fits right inside. It'll give you more power on each shot.

#66598 College Football

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 October 2005 - 12:08 AM in Off Topic

That does sound like an awesome idea. That way, first of all, everyone is faster. I think that makes for an exciting game. Also positions will be distributed based more on raw talent as opposed to size factors (which do play into talent, but in an unfair way. Of course the eight foot tall guy with a twelve inch hand-span is going to be the wide reciever, but he hardly tries).

#66597 A Question.

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 October 2005 - 12:03 AM in General Nerf

The problems I see are;

1. The homemades (at least the really good ones) are made to look like real guns, and operate like real guns. That doesn't fit with the audience to which they try to cater, i.e. little kids. Kids want rapid fire guns, multi-shot guns... cool looking purple compound bows. If someone homemade something that actually looked like a cool and new Nerf gun they might have a little more of a chance except...

2. Copyright issues. I think someone had a post about that earlier where they came up with an idea and sent it to Nerf, and what they got back was the same as everyone who had a similar idea had gotten. They can't accept the idea or pay for it because of blah blah blah legal jargon blah blah.

#65598 Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 October 2005 - 09:54 PM in Off Topic

Blast, you're right... I need to watch it again... at least twice. Why was I convinced it was Rude?

#65559 Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 October 2005 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

Not only does the movie's plot rely on the long, twisted storyline of FF7, but little things that only game fans would truly enjoy are riddled throughout the action. For example, between the fight scenes almost all of the popular limit breaks are used. Tifa goes through each of hers in order in her fight with rude, and Cloud covers most of his in big fights as well. That and Rude's ringtone is only truly hilarious to those of us that spent hours slaving away at that game.

#65558 Crayola'd Bbb

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 October 2005 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

Sorry, no pics yet, but I thought I should let you guys know that this is an incredibly easy mod if you use stock micros and want to shoot them out of your BBB (Or if stefans work with crayolas... either way). Here's a quick run-down. I took out the restrictor from my BBB and dremelled out the extra stuff in the barrel (that held the restrictor in it). Then I thought to myself "hey, this is just barely too big to fire one of my micros...". So I ran to my modding kit and grabbed my last crayola barrel from my failed mav experiment (brown, if you must know), and slipped it in. It was a perfect fit. Almost as if they designed it to fit a crayola barrel inside. Range and power are pretty awesome. I'll get measurements or pics if anyone cares, but you can imagine that it still sucks compared to a good stefan mod.

#65508 Painted Green & Black Crossbow W/ Matching Lnls

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 October 2005 - 12:16 AM in Modifications

That is truly awesome. One thing that would maximize it's awesomeness (at least to an image-oriented noob like myself) would be some kind of harness that included a back-harness for the xbow and side-holsters for the lnls. That's what I would do. Awesome paint job, and it looks like clean modding too. Props to you.

#64562 Youre Computer Specs

Posted by pinhead52 on 29 September 2005 - 11:21 AM in Off Topic

Damnit ompa, I don't even have the worst computer! Oh well.

P3... there are other numbers here, but nobody cares.
512 Mb ram

...that's all I know. Big monitor though. Pretty colors.

#64455 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by pinhead52 on 27 September 2005 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

Wow, I noticed those too but didn't want to say anything because I learned to fence from a bunch of other drunken idiots, so I figured it was all taken out of a movie (which it probably still was).

Last I heard they haven't changed anything about flicks. Maybe that's just foil though, I don't read much on epee.

#64389 Nite Mav

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 September 2005 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

I saw the NHQ post too, but it's just a picture of internals and numbers.  I have chosen to not believe it because there just plain isn't room in a Mav for the NF internals.  It's just too long.

Are you saying you don't believe BMZ? Shame one you sir.

I wouldn't have put it so bluntly, but yes.

#64088 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by pinhead52 on 22 September 2005 - 03:21 AM in General Nerf

The arrows have curved fins so they rifle, giving it amazing accuracy. The barrel is not immediately compatible with darts, but after taking the restrictor out I can see that it might be with just a little dremelling. That's tomorrow's project. Sorry, I can't accurately measure ranges (I would estimate 40', for once an accurate advertized range), but let me say again that it is an awesome gun. I think it's going to force me to step up to stefans.

#64040 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 September 2005 - 01:14 AM in Off Topic

I mountain bike- if anyone knows bikes I have a Gary Fisher Sugar 4+ (the cheap one...)
I also fence... a little. Not competitively, just drunken. Sometimes we'll be sitting around having a few beers and someone will challenge me to a duel. I only know foil, but I guarantee I do stuff that would be considered not foil... and illegal in all types of fencing.

Oh, and I used to paintball and airsoft, and still do when money and time permits.

#64039 College Football

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 September 2005 - 01:10 AM in Off Topic

Well since I'm at college at Kansas State, I guess they're my team. I don't know what their standings are, or how good they are at all. I do know that one of our starters, I think our running somethingerather got arrested yesterday for assaulting a parking cop.

#64038 Nite Mav

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 September 2005 - 12:59 AM in Modifications

I saw the NHQ post too, but it's just a picture of internals and numbers. I have chosen to not believe it because there just plain isn't room in a Mav for the NF internals. It's just too long.

#64036 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 September 2005 - 12:56 AM in General Nerf

Not just a bow, a big bad bow. I just got mine yesterday. It rocks stock, so it'll probably be a while until I mod... beyond just a restrictor removal anwyay.

#63716 Your Armory

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

Hey Quasar, I see there the SM500 from the Small Soldiers collection. That's the first aside from my own that I've seen. I hope you modded it well, I'm saving mine until I know I'm good enough.

Oh, and Orange? Damn dude...

#63714 New Nerf Bullets, For Mag Fed Guns.

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:33 PM in Homemades

So you pretty much just shortenned the stefan, then instead of making the glob of gue recessed, you put it out and at a point? Wicked... you may convince me to throw away my stock darts...

#63713 Nite Mav

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

I stand corrected. If you could do ^^that mod, it might not be so hard. He just took that whole part off the NF and put it onto the Mav, solving my problem. It causes a few others, but that's the fun of coming up with mods!

#63712 What Size Pipe

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

It is possible to crayola a whole Mav, but unless you stretch or replace the spring they'll hold the darts just a little too tight and it won't do you any good. All you can really do with the Mav is a basic peg/restrictor removal and a clip mod.

#63710 Nite Mav

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

The chamber in the mav isn't big enough for the NF plunger to be operable at all. I had a team, a team people, working on this when it was presumed possible, and it just isn't. Unless you got a lot of help, spent a lot of money, and just cut out the back of the Mav and extended it's case, re-designed the trigger system to sit halfway outside the gun, and had God himself do the hand-work, I can say with almost certainty that it will prove to be a waste of time. But good luck.

But I could always be wrong. Maybe there's some trick, some unseen facet that allows it to actually fit functionally... I would like to be proven wrong with this.

#62911 Robot!

Posted by pinhead52 on 02 September 2005 - 01:14 AM in General Nerf

You're not far off base. If you think about it modern advances in robotics could be pointing, militarily, right in that direction. First of all they have nearly mastered bipedal robotics, meaning they could build a military vehicle that was not hindered by uneven terrain like every other vehicle they have (except the dune buggy). Secondly, the use of carbon micro-tubes. They can essentially make sheets of diamond-hard quasi-metal that is hardly heavier than some weaker metals. This allows them to make larger vehicles without having to deal with the fact that there aren't really hydraulic pistons that could push legs like that around. After that some of the graphics from the latest mech-warrior games have the physics and probabilities down right, but I doubt they could ever move like that (Didn't they dash sometimes? Maybe it's a different mech game I'm thinking of). Either way, imagine a walking tank. It wouldn't be hard for it to have mounted large calibur guns as well as missiles. Sounds a bit like a goliath, doesn't it? Yes, I've been thinking and ranting about this to my engineering friends for over a year now, and yes, I have drawn plans.

#62855 Disque Launchers

Posted by pinhead52 on 01 September 2005 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

It's true that they have un-modifiably crappy aim and range, but they have awesome rates of fire as well as clip-loading standard. Maybe you can pioneer a new nerf revolution where these guns can become somewhat useable?

#62785 Hexadecimal

Posted by pinhead52 on 30 August 2005 - 02:29 PM in Off Topic

I'm in computer engineering, and am actually doing microcontrollers this year. For those of you not currently studying this subject (or smart enough to just know what it is) I am expected to already know hex, and also program in machine code and assembly language. For those of you who don't know what machine code is, it's the actual binary code that the processor reads. Everything has to be done simple and stupid, such as, if I want to multiply variable x by 3, I have to load x to the processor, add x to the registry twice, then store it back in memory.

Oh, and of course I watched reboot. The web surfer was my favorite character, but he came around and left in the sort of limbo between the beginning and the late awesome episodes.

#62783 Office Nerfing Review: Firefly (& Vs. Dart Tag)

Posted by pinhead52 on 30 August 2005 - 02:21 PM in General Nerf

Sorry to put this back "on-topic", but does anyone else notice that the Firefly is the first gun to have extra ammo holders, but not the ammo to fill them? Seriously, every other Nerf gun I've ever gotten new has ammo with it to fill every barrel and extra ammo holder, but this one has twice as much inventory as it does darts.

#62781 Robot!

Posted by pinhead52 on 30 August 2005 - 02:12 PM in General Nerf

Dammit! They beat me to it! I've been preaching about the possibilities and tactical advantages of mechs for the last three years, and I'm happy to see that somebody has actually built one. Sure, it hardly steps giving it zero of the advantage the bipedal system should have, but this is a big step towards a totally awesome military development. Thanks for the link.

#62473 I'm Alive!

Posted by pinhead52 on 23 August 2005 - 05:09 PM in Off Topic

Can't see the shoulder straps, otherwise I might know the rank... well it looks like you've already got a few of those colorful chest thingies. It says '09 on your name tag, does that mean you're in the Naval Academy?

#62271 Wildfire Predetor Style

Posted by pinhead52 on 20 August 2005 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

You should mount the whole thing to a cheap pair of football shoulderpads. You could paint the whole thing to look like cool armor. You could even try to rig up the trigger to somewhere on your chest, so you don't even have to let go of your primary to fire it.

Sweet idea.

#62185 Happy Birthday Talio

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 August 2005 - 09:17 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday. Continue to pwn n00bs and roxxors the boards... xors...

#62184 Vacc

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 August 2005 - 09:15 AM in Off Topic

Usually I don't bother with "happy birthday" threads, but since it's people of authority I suppose I can kiss a little ass...

Congratulations on surviving another year. Here's to one or two more. Happy birthday.

#61636 Langley's Semi

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 August 2005 - 12:58 PM in Homemades

OK, I was reading through the LGLF's web site and saw your work on a semi-auto valve, and it looks awesome. I saw that you don't know what the blue part should be, which got me thinking. First, I had to figure out the problem, and if I got this wrong feel free to disregard the rest of this. It looks like it has to be something that will pull back a little before actually releasing the valve, otherwise you could make a straight track from the air source to the barrel, depressurizing the whole thing into one big shot (a homemade titan...). Your ideas lead me to believe that you would solve this problem with something that goes into the barrel a fraction of an inch, but if this worked you'd probably have built a working valve already.

My first idea was to use something flexible. You've got air pressure working for you, so something rubber would hold onto the barrel until it was pulled completely off, well after the trigger part (brass) was far enough back to block air flow. Then the air pressure that's only in the trigger part would push it back over the barrel, and since it's flexible it would push back into it until the air could re-load the "expansion chamber" (sorry, making up terms).

You've probably already thought of this, but would you try using one of those rubber springy things? The little quarter machine poppy domes would work perfectly, if you could get them fastened well.

::edit:: BLAST! I could swear I put this in homemades... can I get a thread move please?

#61632 Wasn't That Fun?

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 August 2005 - 12:44 PM in News

Yeah, you had me too. I saw the "server down", but wasn't sure if I was just being banned for general worthlessness... until I realized that the mods here actually have sense. I've been hitting boards like the PA forum where there are so many people they'll ban you for joining a conversation where you're not invited.

#61375 Future Of Warfare

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 August 2005 - 04:25 PM in Off Topic

The M16 is famous for jamming if it isn't cleaned religiously, so they might try to solve that problem with this. It also looks like the pieces lock together with toy-like simplicity, allowing for easier field stripping.

#61366 Nintendo Medley

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 August 2005 - 03:20 PM in Off Topic

The second to last one, metroid maybe?

#61331 Harry Potter

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 August 2005 - 10:48 PM in Off Topic

My girlfriend got me to read Nix, and I liked Sabriel (actually for young adult fiction it was amazing), but the next two in the series were just... I don't know, sequels. It didn't feel like a trilogy.

I read the first harry potter book and I can honestly say it was well written, but my attention span was to short to go on to the second when movies were coming out.

But if you guys are into easy read books that have even more meaning built into them, look up Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials". It's a set of books that are classified as "young adult fiction", but my honors english class (in college) was basically centered around studying those books. I got a C.

#61160 Nerf Rpg

Posted by pinhead52 on 05 August 2005 - 02:47 AM in General Nerf

First off, this Nerf RPG won't look beautiful, it's gonna be FF snes style.

Well thats good news because thats when games were great. I've been at home with FFX, Halo 2, Diablo 2, Starcraft and instead went and played some classic SNES RPGs. If you follow through on this it would be pretty cool.

Everyone who says this is pointless because you should just actually nerf has to understand that not everyone has a bulk of people that will nerf on command. You can't always get a war going, its not always that easy plus what if you run out of stefans. Gaming is still cool as long as you don't let it steal your soul.

Yeah, someone moving into my house next semester braught her NES, so I dug out my Final Fantasy that I got duped into buying last year and I must say, simple can be the best.

#61031 Groove's Nf

Posted by pinhead52 on 03 August 2005 - 09:51 AM in Modifications

Are any of you guys English teachers?

I don't know, should I be one?

No.

You are making zero since.

I thought the above was just a simple, but laughable type.

Typo maybe? Sorry, I know I'm an ass... I'm done now.

#61029 Firefly Released!

Posted by pinhead52 on 03 August 2005 - 09:36 AM in General Nerf

Thank god it is FINALLY hitting the midwest. I can hope to see it sometime soon then...

#60719 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by pinhead52 on 31 July 2005 - 01:33 PM in General Nerf

What the hell. It's not much, but I don't got money;

SS2 [Shotgun modded]
Maveric [basic modded, custom paint job]
Nite Finder [Crayola Barreled]
WildFire [Stock, except a really cool paint job]
Small Soldiers SM500 [stock]

Short of the Mav and NF this is all just stuff I found going through my old toys when I decided to get into Nerf.

#60718 Pc + Rf20 Bladder?

Posted by pinhead52 on 31 July 2005 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

You should also take into consideration that it would take almost as many pumps as an RF20 would to prime it, which defeats the tradeoff of 20 shots for more pumps to 10 shots for less pumps. I would cut the bladder to less than the length of the PC tank, to do what Yakman did.
Just suggestions.

TS

Doesn't that make the PC unable to fire all 10 shots because of the decreased amount of air pressure? And doesn't it also eventually make the bladder explode?

You're confusing air capacity with air pressure. If you have a smaller bladder it takes more pumps to fill it to the overpressure release thingie, so you not only have higher air pressure inside (higher mass, lower volume if you know any fluid physics) and you have more air overall. But of course I have heard of it eventually rupturing the tank, so what I would do is keep a few well cut pieces of bike tube around whenever you war for a quick replacement.