College Football

41 replies to this topic

#1 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:09 AM

I've been wary of making this thread for the last 8+ weeks now. I think it's safe to say I lost self control.

My Hokies are #4, and I'd like to begin a discussion on general college football. There are college aged nerfers and college football fans from all over the country on this forum, and it would be interesting to hear what everyone thinks. Plus, I can use this as a medium to spread all my hokie propoganda. I have more videos than you can imagine. ^_^

So why don't we start it off with some general info:

My Team: Virginia Tech Hokies
My Stadium: Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VA

Rose Bowl Picks: Texas Longhorns vs Virginia Tech Hokies
Heisman Pick: Vince Young

Yes, I just committed Virginia Tech blasphemy by not picking Marcus Vick for the Hiesman. However, I do feel that my two sets of picks are very realistic. I think Leinhart and USC will crumble to either Cal or Notre Dame (New England Patriots), leaving some breathing room for the Hokies. Being that Leinhart and USC will lose a game and not get a title shot, I feel Vince Young has enough of a lead over non-USC players to take the Heisman. As much as I'd like to see the trophy in the hands of a Vick, Marcus isn't even on the Heisman list at the moment. Short of the main contenders being injured, a prediction like that is just not realistic.

By the way, if you make predictions don't edit later in the season. I'm fully prepared to eat my words, you should be too.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#2 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:32 AM

GO FIGHTING IRISH!

EDIT: Currently #16 and climbing.

Edited by Bad_Karma, 19 September 2005 - 10:33 AM.

Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#3 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:23 PM

Lafayette College Leopards(D 1-AA)
Fisher Field Easton, PA

Fuck the Rose Bowl. We're defending Patriot League champions.
2-1 right now(should be 3-0 but referees are cockbags), but Patriot League games start this weekend with Fordham.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#4 nerfcrusader

nerfcrusader

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

BYU Cougars all the way, going to two of their games this year. But when it comes to teams who win, i've always been an Iowa Hawkeyes Fan.

Edited by nerfcrusader, 19 September 2005 - 03:14 PM.

Drummer and songwriter of Governor

#5 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:40 PM

Well I live in austin. So...

Team: Texas Longhorns
My Stadium: Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium Austin,TX
Rose bowl pick: Texas Longhorns vs. USC Trojans
Heisman pick: My man Vince young all the way

I have high confidence in my horns but be prepared to see them struggle againast either Tech, Ou or both. Tech is a high scoring pass team and I'm not sure how well we can defend that. Against OU we really need to stop Arian Peterson and the game is ours. USC might cut it close with ND and CAL but I think they can pull it off.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#6 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:40 PM

Shindig, i beleive we have a small clash in teams. Im a West Virginia Mountaineer fan all the way. Hope we can still be friends... ;)

#7 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

Shindig, i beleive we have a small clash in teams. Im a West Virginia Mountaineer fan all the way. Hope we can still be friends... :rolleyes:

Sure.......coach burner. :P

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#8 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:38 PM

My Terps play your Hokies in a few weeks, Paul. I would have said it would be a good game after UMD played so well against Navy week one, but now I just hope we can win 6 and make it to a bowl.
I hate you.

#9 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

GO FIGHTING IRISH!

EDIT: Currently #16 and climbing.

Also currently smacked down by unranked MSU!

Ok so I'm really a Badger's fan (my Alma Matter) but I'm currently doing Law School at MSU. So I got two big ten teams to root for both 3 and 0. GO BIG TEN :rolleyes:

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#10 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:41 PM

OMC , did you like that Maryland-WVU game? Not trying to be mean, just asking if you saw the game.

#11 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

OMC , did you like that Maryland-WVU game? Not trying to be mean, just asking if you saw the game.

ShottyMaster, have you seen this video?

#12 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 07:54 PM

LMAO SAUCE. That should shut him up.
Go BIG 12.
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#13 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:17 PM

I wont give up!!!! Well, I will admit, you guys have been better than us, but in the past 2 games we beat you, correct? I dont mean to be the cause of any arguments, but I think we'll win again.

#14 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:25 PM

I wont give up!!!! Well, I will admit, you guys have been better than us, but in the past 2 games we beat you, correct? I dont mean to be the cause of any arguments, but I think we'll win again.

The video was from last year's game, and VT won.

#15 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

Oh. My mistake. Sorry to have rubbed anyone wrong, just supporting my team.

#16 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:10 AM

Well since I'm at college at Kansas State, I guess they're my team. I don't know what their standings are, or how good they are at all. I do know that one of our starters, I think our running somethingerather got arrested yesterday for assaulting a parking cop.

#17 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hey, I just wanted to say the Hokies played one heck of a game today against th Mountaineers. Wish our boys coulda won, but Im not going to pretend it was Mr. Ref's fault. Good job VT!

I cant beleive this rivalry is going to go on the back burner for 10 years! I cant beleive it. Plus, you get to keep the "Black Diamond" trophy for those ten years too.

Edited by Shotty_Master, 01 October 2005 - 03:25 PM.

#18 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:07 AM

Sorry about the double post, but did anyone here see the WVU- UofL game? That is one of those games were they could show it on ESPN Classic a week later. It was just that great.

Edited by Shotty_Master, 17 October 2005 - 08:07 AM.

#19 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

Sorry about the double post, but did anyone here see the WVU- UofL game? That is one of those games were they could show it on ESPN Classic a week later. It was just that great.

I watched the scores and some of the clips. I was more intently watching the USC vs Notre Dame game, because a lot of my team's fate relies on what happens in other games.

#20 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:27 PM

Tis a shame USC didn't lose. Then it most likely would've been VA tech and Texas in the rose bowl. A great game that would be.
QUOTE (Talio)

#21 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:38 PM

Hate to double post.. But I couldn't help add that the BCS computers moved Texas into the number 1 spot for the first time in along time.
QUOTE (Talio)

#22 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:02 PM

My team is Michigan U, they aren't the greatest, but, THAY BEAT MSU!
QUOTE ( N-Strike agent 007)
  You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

#23 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Go buckeyes! Ohio state is my team. I know I'm going to get flamed but, go ahead, Bring the flaming!
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#24 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:08 PM

Go buckeyes! Ohio state is my team. I know I'm going to get flamed but, go ahead, Bring the flaming!

Why couldn't you have beaten Texas and then lost to Penn State? My team would be in such a better position then!

#25 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

Fuck your team, they beat MY Terps.... Not like I didn't expect it, but you know....
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users