Oni Kadaki's Content

There have been 174 items by Oni Kadaki (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#198746 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 24 December 2008 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

Yet another item I have to find room for on my vest, not that i'm complaining mind you.

#198181 Martial Arts?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 22 December 2008 - 09:53 PM in Off Topic

Green belt in jiu jitsu, though I haven't trained in a few years.

#196964 Aim/accuracy Challenge

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 December 2008 - 12:14 PM in Off Topic

Hell, i'd do that. To make it fair, we'd have to agree on a base to modify off of, such as the nitefinder.

#196963 Eliminator Belt Modification

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 December 2008 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

We do (or did, a bunch of freshmen ruined it) assassin on a university campus, often in plain view of university police. We've had no problems, just don't go painting your guns in a realistic fashion, and don't use overpowered ones. People get freaked at the idea of getting hit by a stock dart from a stock gun, imagine how they'll object to the thought of a stefan fired from a heavily modified gun. Also, we spoke to the local (ie. university) police shortly after starting the game to ensure they would be cool with it. If you do those things, you should be fine.

#196962 Help?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 December 2008 - 11:59 AM in General Nerf

The darts are likely warped or damaged. Nitefinders, crossfires and the like, when stock, are extremely picky about the quality of the ammo they use. Get yourself a pack of 10 new darts, anything but strealines, and try those, they should work.

#196887 Eliminator Belt Modification

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 December 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

For clarification, my matches would be more accuartely described as a battle royale. Everyone against everyone, and "respawns" happen daily. As such, a pocket pistol would have been even more valuable for me.

#196602 Eliminator Belt Modification

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 December 2008 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

Now that is beautiful, too bad assassin has basically died at my school, otherwise i'd be doing this.

#196007 Best Stock Gun Available?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 December 2008 - 11:58 PM in General Nerf

I'd go with a longshot, if you're looking for another gun in the future. It gets good range stock, is fairly accurate, and has an excellent rate of fire. if you can grab a pack of spare clips, all the better. Just grab a pack of spare streamlines either way. The longshot, moreso than any other stock repeater, requires its ammo to be in good condition.

#196006 How Long Do You Think You'll Be Nerfing?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 December 2008 - 11:52 PM in General Nerf

I think slug and bustaninja both have valid points. To slug's credit, it is a major bummer when others ruin a hobby for you, either by stupidity (for example, when a bunch of freshmen started randomly shooting people where our assassin game met at our university, the club president, who is a personal friend of mine, had no choice but to ban the firing of nerf guns so that people who didn't play weren't getting shot) or through apathy.

That said, I thought I was done with nerfing after I quit in early high school, and only picked it up again after my girlfriend and I grabbed some nitefinders about 3 1/2 years ago, when I was in my senior year. For me, even though my old favorites like the splitfire were long gone, part of the fun was discovering the new guns, both the good and the bad. Because I don't care about modding, many of the new guns out there, though weak compared to the old ones, have some real benefits, such as the excellent rate of fire on many of the n-strike guns. So, in conclusion, while slug is right in that conditions, such as playgroups, may change, at least for me, so long as there's somebody who wants to shoot me, i'll probably have a good time, and that's really all that matters at the end of the day.

#195838 How Long Do You Think You'll Be Nerfing?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 December 2008 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

I fully intend to introduce my kids to the hobby, and then to be able to play with them if they enjoy it.

#194923 Bitchslayer

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 09 December 2008 - 01:21 AM in Modifications

Are converted paintball guns allowed at any wars?

#194825 Good Gun Combos Pt. 2

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 08 December 2008 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

The two combinations I use (vulcan/recon and longshot/maverick) are all stock, as we play mainly indoors in fairly tight quarters. They are very effective for my purposes.

#194735 Gun Combinations

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 07 December 2008 - 11:14 PM in General Nerf

I use one of two combinations, depending on the requirements of the situation:

Light:
Longshot- primary
Maverick- sidearm

Heavy:
Vulcan- primary
Recon- sidearm

I always carry 4 clips, regardless of which combination i'm using. In most cases i'll use the light combination, as it's overall more comfortable to carry and run with. However, if I expect to need a lot of firepower, or to be on the defensive, i'll use the heavy set.

#193182 Night Finder Mod

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 November 2008 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

A tip, the members of nerfhaven generally tend to look down on poor spelling, nothing personal, but that's just one of the pet peeves around here. If you have difficulty with spelling, type up your post in word so you can use the spellcheck function.

#193106 Edge

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 November 2008 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

That has got to be one of the most impressive mods I've ever seen. The balance you've struck between ROF and range is wonderful, and I can only imagine this gun is very versatile as a result. Great job.

#191993 Rapid Fire Rifle

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 25 November 2008 - 10:22 PM in Modifications

I'm no modding expert either, but i'd imagine this would take a lot of work with minimal, if any, payoff. I say this because the mechanism of the RFR does two things when cocked, if i'm not mistaken: 1) clears the shell from the chamber, allowing a fresh shell to be pushed up by a spring in the clip and 2) cocks the gun. There is no mechanism in the gun to actively pull a shell from that cosmetic second barrel. Further, i'm guessing that even if said second barrel is wide enough to hold the shells, it would provide no greater capacity than the magazine unless it was expanded, which would make the gun rather unwieldly. So, in conclusion, cool idea, but i don't think it can be done, CS or FA please prove me wrong.

#190857 Any One Buy A Pack Of These?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 19 November 2008 - 11:10 PM in General Nerf

From the info ice gave as well as the info on the box, it depends on what you're looking for. For an assassin game where many enocunters take place up close and personal, and, preferably, without your target ever knowing you were there, they look great. For outdoor wars with heavily modded guns like the majority of the members here play, not so much. I'm personally looking forward to them for assassin type games, but we don't use modified guns, so that makes a huge difference.

#189384 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 12 November 2008 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

My girlfriend and I were in the car one day and started talking about how cool nerf guns were when we were kids. We decided to stop at the local TRU and picked up a pair of nitefinders. After several awesome duels, we upgraded to mavs (I still use that mav extensively) and had our first war (about 12 people) a few weeks later.

Since then, I have been continuously searching for the guns to beat my maverick as my sidearm of choice and my longshot as my primary of choice, as well as for new gear, such as vests, to make carrying them more comfortable.

#185987 The Hereticorp Assault Rifle Mk. 2

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 October 2008 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

I love everything about it save for the laser sight, and even that is cool, just not very safe except for target practice. If it could be turned off, it would be perfect, great mod. For the mk. 3, I want you to integrate a vulcan.

Edit: In case it wasn't evident, the last part about the vulcan was a joke.

#185208 C.q.b.

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 23 October 2008 - 09:23 PM in General Nerf

But soon...
::Picture of giant vulcan box wider than a person::

^^^Easiest gun hits of all time anyone?

Does anyone seriously even play close quarters only? I'm pretty sure that we as a community nerf almost exclusively outdoors.

Me.

Depending on my needs I use one of the following two combinations:

1. A vulcan as a primary with a recon for a sidearm.
or
2. A longshot as a primary with a maverick for a sidearm.

Regardless of which set I use, I always carry four longshot/recon clips in my vest. I tend to use the first combination when mobility isn't a huge issue or when I need raw firepower. The second combination is more useful for light skirmishes or when I need to be able to haul ass or maneuver relatively unencumbered.

Edit: Once they reach my area, I intend to add a scatterblast to my arsenal.

#185203 Indoor Nerf

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 23 October 2008 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

Pretty much all of our wars are indoors. I like the tactical decisions indoor fights force you to make. How to round a corner for example.

#184587 Non Existant Guns.

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 19 October 2008 - 09:41 PM in General Nerf

I'm pretty sure that they're making the Spartan and Raider. I have evidence, let me get a link...

Okay, here's my post explaining my reasoning. (Scroll down a bit and it's the second one on that page)

http://nerfhaven.com...pic=13455&st=90

Also, common sense will tell you which guns they're not making, like the cannon that launches giga-balls and the gattling gun. Those are just too big, and too crazy to work, or at least mass-produce.

Oh, I think you're absolutely right, it was just an observation I made that I feel backs up that view. Also, after rereading my post, I finally realized why you guys use the term priming instead of the more common term.

#184574 Non Existant Guns.

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 19 October 2008 - 08:40 PM in General Nerf

One thing I noticed from those pictures that I don't recall being mentioned in the previous thread, neither the chain gun nor the maverick variant have apparent cocking mechanisms, whereas the spartan and the raider both have clear modes of cocking. Perhaps the guns that are completely fake were not rendered with details such as cocking mechanisms in mind?

#182332 Li War Saturday, October 11th

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 07 October 2008 - 11:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, we start at noon on Saturday at Stony Brook University, it's definite. As for attendance, i'm guessing i've definitely got 5 of my regular nerf group attending. I'm still hoping for more than that, though with even 6 people total the area i've picked out will be fine. So, for anyone considering attending, sorry for the low projected turnout, but i hope you'll attend anyway.

#182183 Li War Saturday, October 11th

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 07 October 2008 - 12:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you ompa and VACC.

I've decided that the final location will be Stony Brook University, I have to speak with my friends to get a finalized time. The actual building we use will probably be the student union basement, as we've had several game types work very well there. For reference, i'm hoping for at least 10 of my weekly nerf group to be there, hopefully more as I've given them a week's notice.

If you want food, bring $10 so we can order dominos after the war.

Also, to address the issue of darts that VACC brought up, I have to say that we don't lose nearly as many darts as in an outdoor war, i've been on the same group of streamlines since the summer. As such, even if you grab a maverick and a 10 pack, you should have plenty for the entire war. Which brings me to my next point...

The most popular gun, by far, in our area is the maverick. There are some heavier guns such as recons, longshots, vulcans etc., but if you are thinking of attending, you'll probably do fine with only a maverick. I will also have spare guns on hand, though they will be given out on a first come, first serve basis.

#182090 Li War Saturday, October 11th

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 06 October 2008 - 10:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Of course, the one war on long island has to be a shitty stock war.

Last I recall a good nerf war is about having fun, and we always do. If you don't like my rules, don't come and don't spam up my thread.

#182085 Li War Saturday, October 11th

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 06 October 2008 - 09:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm having a war on Saturday, October 11th. The place and time are not definite right now, PM me for information, but it will definitely be in Suffolk county. Also, modifications will be greatly restricted. Anything that enhances a gun's power, range or velocity (such as banding, sprind changes, plugging pumps, AR removal etc.) is strictly banned. Guns modified to look realistic are also banned. Ammunition must be stock. Mods that are ergonomic or cosmetic in nature (provided they don't make the gun look real) are fine, such mods include Slug's foregrip for the longshot.

Anyone interested?

#181949 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 06 October 2008 - 10:34 AM in General Nerf

What stores usually sell lanard toys? I don't think I've seen them paid much attention on the product awareness system so I'm not sure.

Also, there's a picture on the first page.

#181876 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

This is my last useless bit of speculation on this.

Perhaps the N in NCS-12 stands for Nano. Maybe Hasbro took a page from our book, made Nano Darts, and you load 3 of them in the magazine at a time, sort of like our shotgun loading. Along with the massive plunger stroke it looks to have, could what causes a '3 shot' burst effect.

Well if the "stats" page is to be believed, it uses micros just like the raider.

Right now i'm guessing the raider is going to be our Jan/Feb release. It's certainly nice, but not nearly as splashy as the magstrike/longshot/vulcan were, and is more in the recon category in that it builds upon the ideas of previous blasters rather than introducing something very new to the line. I'm hoping that the spartan will be released in the summer, though whether the spartan will be released at all remains to be seen

#181655 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 11:14 AM in General Nerf

Ivan: I was wondering about the clip on the spartan too, but maybe the N designates that it comes with the NEW 12 shot clips. Just a thought, so you now have Spartan New clip System-12.

#181625 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 01:24 AM in Modifications

Stock recon witha total of 4 clips or my maverick, depending on my primary. I use the recon with my vulcan, and the maverick with my longshot so that there's no clip overlap.

#181624 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 01:14 AM in General Nerf

Anyone have any guns they believe will be released? My list goes Spartan, the raider, the long rifle, the maverick with the longer barrel attachment.On a note, fully automatic will not work obviously. Darts will get shredded rapidly. Hopefully the gun is like the Vulcan, offering a choice of firing modes such as On for a three round burst and off for single shot.

The raider, definitely, I don't think there's any question about that, which is good, because a pump-action, clip fed gun is just what I needed. While I would love a lighter and more movement-friendly alternative to the vulcan in the spartan, I am not nearly so sure that will come to fruition, hopefully you prove me wrong.

I am also intrigued by the patent name stampede rev 12. Anything with 12 shots before a manual reload is required is worth a shot in my book (and before you mention the tommy series, try them out in tight quarters, you may be pleasantly surprised). I can't find a gun on the picture that matches the specs of a 12 shot cylinder, however.

Also, anyone else think this is quite possibly the most brilliant marketing scheme since... ever? Seriously, they're releasing a game that will probably sell pretty well, which will in turn advertise a bunch of shiny new toys for kids to play with. Essentially, your're paying $50 for a glorified ad.

#181335 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 October 2008 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

Just when I was getting ready to address the dead space in my vest, perfect. For our indoor wars, these will be nothing short of insane.

#180581 Weapon Choice For Assassins

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 September 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

In our game of assassin we conceal our blasters on campus, but university police is aware of us and we have wars in public where people often watch, so I think we're well known enough to avoid the police being called for a simple handle being shown. That said, what Gears said is true if your game is not well known and/or university police doesn't know about the game.

#180238 Most Quite Gun

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 September 2008 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

Tech target unmodified, that thing is very, very quiet.

#180237 Weapon Choice For Assassins

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 September 2008 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

A well modified SSPB will outdistance any mav. I would go with the eliminator though. Decent range in a tiny package, expecially if you minimize it like keef did, you could hide that in your sleeve.

We don't mod our guns, and range isn't everything. If you miss with an sspb, it's your ass, especially if they're packing something heavier.

#180076 Weapon Choice For Assassins

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 27 September 2008 - 11:57 PM in General Nerf

Keep a maverick in your bag for dorm defense and extra firepower, get an sspb or an eliminator for sneak attacks and as a last-ditch defense. Even if you only actually use the sspb or eliminator once or twice, it will have done its job. In my last assassin game, I was so well known for always carrying my sspb with me (and being good with it) that if an opponent who caught me without it approached me, all i'd have to do was reach into my back pocket, and they'd back off for fear of being shot.

#175073 New Spy Gear Blaster

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 04 September 2008 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

It's more about the alarm than the plastic shrapnel. The first time you roll that around a corner, the sudden noise is gonna draw their attention for a moment. Granted, this mostly applies to indoor arenas, but I do see it as having potential.

#174672 Switch Shot?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 September 2008 - 12:39 AM in General Nerf

I'm glad the rail is on the bottom, indoors, that may make the recon's "laser" usable.

#174328 New Spy Gear Blaster

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 01 September 2008 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

I'm actually more interested in the little alarm-ball thing they have. I may have to add that to my gear, along with the wireless motion tracker.