Forget singled titans. Ban this!

41 replies to this topic

#1 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

BitchSlayer

Bring on your singled titans. Bring on your Xbows. Whatever you chose it makes no difference. This gun dominates. This gun is ridiculous. This gun will make you cry like a little bitch.

So we all strive to make a better air gun. People talk about Oh i'm gonna go have a gun make out of metal blah blah blah... Why? The best air delivery system is already avalible. So lets start with that. The base of the gun is a Spyder Semiauto Tourney edition Paintball marker.
Posted Image

Simple. Doesn't need to be a uber high priced marker. Any will do so long as the barrel is replaceable. Fate had it that I came upon this one for 20 bucks in new condition. It just begged to be converted to nerf. So I wanted to convert it but its a pretty decent marker so I wanted to switch back to PB if I wanted. Easy. The only thing needed to be modded on this setup is the barrel. the air delivery system is more then ample to launch a nerf dart. Even my super heavy darts get launched a ridiculous distance.
So lets dig into the mod.

what barrel you use makes no diff. I chose to order a new barrel so that I could get one that was relatively flat on the outside. Alot of PB barrels have weird angles that will not allow well for a cocking slide. So I bought a 32 deg nyte stikk barrel.
Posted Image

Now since the barrel screws into the marker I didn't want to have to unscrew it everytime I wanted to load a dart. Sure that would make this conversion easy but would negate the point of having so much power on tap. I'd get diddled between reloads.
So. I started looking at Angels BBB. the deoderant clip mod on a brass breech. Beautiful. Functional. Perfect.

This was my first time cutting such thick aluminum by hand. this was a pain in the ass. By the end of this all I figured out that I could have just used my Dremmel with a thick metal cutoff wheel to slice thru the whole thing and saved a shit load of effort of cutting with a hacksaw. (will keep this knowledge handy for future projects). So its not pretty.
I made basic cuts one in back for the actual breech and one up front for the slide that operates the breech.
Posted Image

The front slide opening needs to be wide enough so you can get some adhesive and slide mech in there and still be able to move the thing.
Posted Image
Once the extrnal cuts have been made I put my actual barrels in so I could figure out where the cuts needed to be made. I marked off these spots with a sharpie and cut them.

Posted Image

I figured it would be best to go with brass on this since it was going to be a breech in a small space that needed to be air tight and not shatter under the power of the gun.
Now I use 9/16th" brass for my barrels so that is the center of the barrel. the sliding inner peice is made from 19/32nd"s and the outer sheath of the setup is 5/8th"

Here's an example of the cuts.
Posted Image

the cuts on the inner and outer tubes are obvious. center I cut small lengths to give the inner barrel a fixed stability and then a center piece that will be the actual sliding part of the breech.
The outer tube I cut this way so that there would be again stability thru the whole barrel ensuring that the seal is air tight.

Once everything was lined up correctly It was time to seal everything into place.
Posted Image
So I put some metal epoxy on the spacers and pushed them into their places. Making sure not to get any glue on any of the moving parts.
Posted Image

Next the tricky part of this build. The post/stand off that attaches the grip to the slide. I pondered many options here. Was about to glue a bolt to it and try that but instead went with a peice of brass that came from the cutting of the tubes. Wound it around the steel post that was intended to go thru it and then glued it in place.
Posted Image

While that dries I went ahead and moved onto the clip placement.

Now the deodrant clip part is pretty obvious. Clean it out and hack the top off the lid. I used dry deodorant since the modding of it is quicker and cleaner then gel type.

A little hot glue will hold it in place while the strong stuff sets.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And finally the actual slider. This I stole from a POS 6shot dart gun I got at Walgreens a while back. That gun finally came in useful.
Posted Image

Great!
Posted Image

Edited by Blacksunshine, 09 December 2008 - 12:28 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#2 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

Now I let the glue on the slider dry for a day before testing it out. Sadly after some use it gave up. Was not strong enough for the job. Then I tried Superglue. and almost ruined the whole thing with a accidental slipup. Luckily I was able to power thru the seal and break up the superglue that got into the slide.
Posted Image

So I decided that glues weren't going to be enough here. Time to do some soldering. So I made a new post standoff. Sealed the spirals together by soldering. And then soldered the whole thing to the slide.
Posted Image

Ok. Thats all good Next we need to make the holder for the clip more permanent. So I scrapped up the sides of the plasic some as well as the metal around and laid on a layer of metal epoxy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Because of the superglue issue and the fact that I had to re-cut part of the brass after it was already installed I decided to lube the shit out of the barrel with sili lube. Makes it a lot easier to use now.

Now time for a testing out.

At the level the gun was set at out of the box the darts were blasting thru my cardboard box without even slowing down. I then turned it all the way down. And here are the resulting darts.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Still pushing so much force that when my dense foam gets caught in the cardboard the tip will still continue on.

I haven't gotten to officially range test it however minor testing done in my office show spectacular ranges. My office building is about 120-130' front to back. From the furthest point back to the front wall the dart covers range in no time. Hits the far wall with great force and then bounces back about 30'.

I will post a vid soon.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#3 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:41 AM

Holy Shit! That is sick, I remember some time ago there was an ebay item that was basically a super fast RF20, but once again it was a made from a paintball gun.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#4 Hoceky

Hoceky

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

Holy crap that thing has alot of power! :wacko:
meh.

#5 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

Oh snap.
I better pray my dodging is better than your aim.
Otherwise next Marymoor is going to be a world of pain...

How well does the clip work? I've never had much luck with deodorant clips...
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#6 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

Are you going to put a spring in the deodorant clip so the darts don't mess up when you run?
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#7 Hoceky

Hoceky

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:58 AM

Oh snap.

The clip works the same way Angels BBB does.
meh.

#8 aishihigeo

aishihigeo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

I now live in fear...
You mean Jesus doesn't get you an extra 20 feet?
I blame insufficient praising of his name. If you don't cross yourself and point to the sky after every minor achievment how is a higher power supposed to know that you are pleased with his mad sacred game?-VACC

#9 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

That's awesome BS, nice mod. I have the same problem with the stefan tips falling off, though with my SM5k. And that's AFTER 10 shots at a wall. It looks like you have a monster of a gun there, I really like the use of this blue side too.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#10 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

Are converted paintball guns allowed at any wars?

#11 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:23 AM

Must run faster must run faster.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#12 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:30 AM

Not bloody likely...

Blacksunshine... We, the nerfers of northwest Oregon cordially invite you to bring your new toy to PWN next month... For demonstration purposes only, naturally. (what, you think we're nuts?)
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:35 AM

Your wish is granted. That is banned at all my wars.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#14 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:51 AM

HAHAH yeah I didn't build this with any intention of actually using it at a war. The very first shot told me that this should not be shot at anyone at less then 100'. It really came from a dare from a coworker to do it. I would like to try and tune it down some more so that it is not quite as dangerous and maybe make it war worthy. For now yes it is just too dangerous. But I had a lot of fun building it.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 09 December 2008 - 05:52 AM.

#15 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:29 AM

Oh snap.

He asked how well big guy. Angel's doesn't work as well as you think (his words).

Only spring powered paintball guns.

I (as well as a few others) already made this project. I put mine inside a Longshot shell and tricked it out in a sarcastic type of way (totally tactical! woo. It's a joke about all of the stupid crap we do to guns, I'm just too tired to iterate the proper wordings currently). The speed of acceleration just rips tips out of darts like there's no tomorrow.

The deoderant clip thing is really slow seeing as how you have a semi-auto blaster. Try a blow back/forward breech, or a drum magazine like mine, or a big turret like that guy on you tube. Get fancy with it - you won't get to do much else with it.
Teehee.

#16 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:20 AM

Not sure I really see the point to this, but if you enjoyed rebarreling it for nerf darts, more power to ya'.

Anyway, as an aside, converted paintball guns have always been banned. Splitlip says spring powered ones are allowed because he has a pistol splat and designs on some similar conversions. I have no problem with pistol splats because they aren't really of the same ilk as expensive paintball guns. Their build is really more similar to a nerf gun than a paintball gun. I guess what I mean is, allowing paintball conversions would be an exception in very specific cases, as opposed to the other way around. But that's just me; other organizers may disagree.

VACC

#17 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:46 AM

I have a a nerf barrel for my PGP pump, It has a "Dial a Welt" adjustment on it so it can be turned down to sane velocities but it would still be unfair to use... I just keep it around for when the local kids misbehave.

Hey Blacksunshine... next time you accidentally superglue something just dip it in boiling water for a few seconds and the superglue will de-bond.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#18 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

Wow. That thing is pure, unadulterated evil. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Usually I'm not the biggest fan of "just because I can" projects, but this is awesome. I'm willing to bet that using it on someone would constitute assault with a deadly weapon. Again, awesome.
C8H18

#19 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:04 PM

That's great, but it's a semi-auto thing that could beat a titans ass. Definitely banned at any war I host. I honestly think that the ROF to range ratio should cap somewhere. This is just too powerful, and we already have a problem with that at wars nowadays.

But, it looks fun as hell to use, good job.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#20 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

While it's true paintball conversions are almost universally banned, BlackSunshine hosts about half the wars in Washington State, so it's usually his call.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#21 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

And my call right out of the gate is this is totally banned. I really don't wanna see people showing up to wars with converted PB guns.
If I were to shoot someone with this they would get seriously injured. think of how messed up it is for someone to shoot you with a frozen paintball. Now add a lead weight to that and make it so it doesn't break. I do belive that would be considered assault. I shot at the wall from across my office building the tip left the foam and the head ripped significantly into the wall.

I'm a modder. I sometimes get an idea and HAVE to follow it thru just to get the bug out of my system. Thats really all this project was. That and to show something off at work that would really turn heads. They see me modding guns all the time so they are always throwing ideas at me. "Hey you what you should do" kinda stuff. So this was one of those things.

I agree the only converted PB guns that should be allowed at wars are springer. Pistol splat and the like. Unless you can somehow downtune the gun in a manner that makes it safe. (working on this) But then it would need to be discussed and debated before being allowed to be used in any war I host.

Hey Blacksunshine... next time you accidentally superglue something just dip it in boiling water for a few seconds and the superglue will de-bond.
Don

Thanks for the tip Don. I was at work when it happenned tho so boiling water and time wern't things I really had to play with at the time. But if it happens at home I will keep it in mind. What I wound up doing is quickly spraying some wd40 on it and just powered thru it till I got it to slide again.

Oh snap.

He asked how well big guy. Angel's doesn't work as well as you think (his words).

The deoderant clip thing is really slow seeing as how you have a semi-auto blaster. Try a blow back/forward breech, or a drum magazine like mine, or a big turret like that guy on you tube. Get fancy with it - you won't get to do much else with it.

It actually works quite well. I have some weight on top of the darts so they don't get all jumbled up. without the weight they do bounce around some tho. The speed is fine. But a more automated higher capacity clip system of some sort would not be a bad thing. I know the Turret one you are talking about. I almost bought that gun. It is what gave me the idea or bug to move forward. I just don't have access to the tools needed to make something like that tho.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 09 December 2008 - 03:56 PM.

#22 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

With a gun that powerful, a main component is going to be accuracy, because you're shooting people from so far away. How is the accuracy? (be honest :o)
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#23 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

Sorry, my earlier post must have seemed more serious that I thought it would, I was joking. This may be, by far the most well-balanced gun ever, as far as range and rof goes, but you'd need to work on the legality thing. Study up on this.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#24 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:31 PM

Yikes, that thing could leave a good sized hole in someone.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#25 Anthrax13

Anthrax13

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

That is fucking awesome!!! I cant wait to see the ranges, I bet you would get 200+ with that mother.
Edit- Fuck the 12 gauge, if a robber came into your house, he'd be fucked!

Edited by Anthrax13, 09 December 2008 - 06:21 PM.

Did you lube it?

...If you forgot to...well, that's your problem.

^^atomatron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users