mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#213877 Minimized Night Finder Or Expand A Blast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 February 2009 - 07:52 AM in General Nerf

With a little work, EaBs can be great primaries. Mine has a PETG barrel (10 inches), a spring replacement, improved seal (vaccum loads) a dart stop, 2 bungies and surgical rubber added for extra power. It gets 95ft. Im not lying. 95ft vaccum loading is friggin amazing. You need to put on A LOT of etape on the plunger head to get a good seal, but the pluger tube is huge, so once you do, that thing is putting out a lot of air, fast.
I hope this helped, I would do oodalump's NF plunger tube extension on your NF, and slap on a bunch of bands. Deaddumpster can attest to the NF he modded in this way (which he sold to me) was hitting 85ft flat at HbH2.

#213748 Clusterfuck Of A Longshot

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 February 2009 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Yeah, Franken mod was started out by me. I had it integrated in a much different way, with me hot gluing the tanks directly to the LS. The LS was (is) singled. The thing looked like shit, With the tubes sticking out, one barrel having no PETG in it, the gun was half painted and the pump was really crooked. It was the result of me having pre war "what the hell am I going to use" panic attacks before HbH2, and me throwing it together from spare parts from 3 LSs and a MS I had integrated into my xbow, that I took off before I sold it. I sold "FrankenMod" to K9 that day.
Brings back good memories.
Great job, I like the stabilization. I can see that thing being feared at many wars to come.

#211753 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 February 2009 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Im writing this from southern france, so obviously Im out. Have a good one boys, I expect pics galore...
If you have a war in may, Im in for sure.

#210893 Interesting Find/mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 February 2009 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

Thats no tank, it's just the valve unit from the gun, it just happens to have enough volume to make an awesome tank.

I wasn't too sure what it was, it just seemed like it would work. I will be the first to admit I don't know ANYTHING about supersoakers.
Yeah, I like the thing a lot. I can take it to 5 pumps, but I didn't let the goop dry long enough (I left it overnight) and the tubing came off. I did get 90ft with that shot though. This is one pimpin little tank. A lot of kick-assery in one small package.

#210872 Interesting Find/mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 February 2009 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

This is the gun I got it out of. The tank is right at the tip of the front of the gun.
Posted Image

Mine was a different color scheme, but you get the picture.

#210826 Hornet Barrel Replacement

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 February 2009 - 12:31 PM in Modifications

I did this today, removing the pink cap is fine, no leaks what so ever.
Thanks for the write-up!

#210805 Interesting Find/mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 February 2009 - 10:20 AM in Modifications

Anyway, I was at my cousin's house over the summer, and I noticed he had a SM5K looking super soaker. I asked him if I could have it. He said yes, I brought it home.
This is it: EDIT: Site said they would sue if I used pic without permission. Just google it.
It was leaking out the pump. I never looked at it again until yesterday. I noticed the airtank, which was hooked up to the water tank and air pump via some tubing that looked like small, thick petg. I cut the PETG where it went into the tank. The tank itself looks like a SM750, so I said, perfect, into the xbow she goes.
I cannot integrate a 2k, as the front of my xbow is cut off due to the previous owner trying to hook it up to a DTB turret. 2k is too big, this is smaller.
Here it is.
Posted Image
I etaped some vinyl tubing and gooped it into the hole like I would with a 2k. I coupler'd it, and shot it, getting about 75ft flat. This is with 3 pumps using a 2k pump and PETG.
Very good idea to convert this to nerf if you have one lying around. With the little amount of pumps and the good ranges in such a compact size, they are great.

#210260 Big Salvo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 February 2009 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

A BS is very good, I have owned a marvelous salvo, and almost gutted a LS JUST to give them a shell. I was getting 110ft with a plugged 2k pump at 22 pumps, and 10 inches of PETG (which is slightly tight on my darts).
I have a BS in the mail, and BS tanks coming as well. Yes, you guessed right: BS with Marvelous Salvo integrated :(

#209885 Nerf Powerclip Writeup

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 February 2009 - 07:30 AM in Modifications

Imaseoulman: I have been anxiously awaiting that 100ft PC writeup ever since you posted your ranges like a year ago. Is it happening? Im sure that the NIC would really appreciate it if you passed on your knowledge before you left. Kinda like Confucius and the Analects in a way. Except hopefully you will come back, unlike Confucius.
Frankie: Nice mod, I did something similar on my old PC but I never got those ranges. I only used 4-5 bands, so I guess the inner tube counts as more. I really need to get another...

#209686 Secret Shot Two...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 February 2009 - 08:30 AM in Modifications

Very nice! I hated my SS2 (s) because they took so damn many pumps, and one leaked. If I ever get my hands on a SS2 shell, I will likely do this. Too bad mcmaster doesn't ship to Canada, I would need a check valve.

#209604 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2009 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

EDIT: Stupid internets double posted. Sorry.

#209603 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2009 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

I can attest to it being awesome indoors. At Massacre2, during CTF push, we had one of these things hidden behind a barricade near our wall. The idea was that if someone came running with the flag, the nearest person would grab the DTB and start unloading on them.
Outdoors, almost as useless as a mav (which K9 still managed to shoot me with at HbH2. :) )

#209544 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2009 - 06:47 PM in Off Topic

Just a quick question is the 10 shot (dart tag gun) a primary or a secondary just want to get your opinion.

Too big to be a sidearm, too crappy range to be a primary. I would only use one of these integrated into a LS or BBB.

#208547 Massacre 2 Videos.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 February 2009 - 07:46 AM in Nerf Wars

POSTING FOR MY COUSIN:
He had a great time, he watched the video and thought it was Effeminate.
He wants to thank the organizers for doing such a great job, and making his first nerf war
a positive experience.
For the record, my younger :ph34r: cousin is the huge guy standing next to the guy with the xbow (me)

#208545 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 February 2009 - 07:26 AM in Modifications

No, front handle is staying in place. I may integrate a 2k, but this think is really pissing me off, I have tried 4 replacement springs, and they are stronger than the stock, but somehow DECREASE range. Makes no sense.
Ill update this with part 2 hopefully this week.

#208261 Massacre 2 Videos.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2009 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

AWESOME!!! Good up close on my xbow, thanks for that. At 8:50 is where I hit fester in the ear. You can hear me sreaming HEADSHOT!! After that, and me with the singled 2k I used to do it.
Great video, I like the pic of me with the NFs.
EDIT: I think that is me saying "Cue the creepy halloween music right now"
cool

#208156 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2009 - 09:10 AM in Modifications

I must have this gun. The ROF and belt capacity is the one thing that amazes me. Good job on the Modifications.

Where did you get it?

ONly available in Canadian walmarts now. Pm rokor if you want one.

#208151 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2009 - 08:45 AM in Modifications

Looking forward to something awesome from this blaster, so keep working on it! Good start to it, but I want more range!

Im sure the range will go up once I add the new spring (It was a replacmemt for my sawtooth, which also has a tiny plunger tube) cut off the front of the gun where the faux barrel is, and work on the shells a little more.
I think this thing could break 70ft with enough mods.

#208072 The Internals Of The Bbbr

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 11:23 PM in General Nerf

So what's that spring on the outside of the plunger tube for? Does it push the plunger tube against the shells and improve the seal?

Hit the nail right on the head there. That is why a plunger tube replacement would be difficult.

#208021 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

YEes! Finally a god damn Vancouver war! Too bad I don't have stefans.

OOOOOOHHHH the irony...
:P
Honk if you know what I mean... *chuckles*

Hahaha. Thats funny.
I will put the 27th on my calendar. I should be there.

#208020 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

Nice first mod for a new gun. I think there will be a whole sleu (sp?) of mods that will make this gun a serious primary. Nice work! Any ideas to make this gun fire stefans?

-Loni

The shell mod removes the post, so it does fire stefans. The ranges posted are tested with 1.5 inch 3/0 fishing weight stefans.

#208014 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

Ok, as K9turrent described, the BBCB is a pretty good stock gun. I can vouch for it hitting 30ft flat on several occasions out of the box. Well, it's time to change that to something a little higher.
STEP 1. Remove all your screws. There are an obscene amount. No caps or anything. Here is a pic of the internals to reference:
Posted Image
So go ahead and rip out the plunger tube. One thing I found iteresting is the spring (which is pretty weak, I actually do have a replacement for it) is tapered at one end. One end is wider than the other. Fit a dremel drill bit into your dremel and widen the hole at the end of the plunger tube:
Posted Image
Don't over do this. It will ruin the seal with the shells. I also liked how all the moving parts were very well lubed. There was no need to apply lube to the plunger head. Put some etape on it, but I was out so I didn't.
Now, believe it or not, we are done with internal modifications. Close it up, and make sure it rotates well. I haven't had any skipping problems, it is like the razorbeast on crack.
Next, the shells. Well, they are buzbee shells that snap together. They have huge restrictors. When I put my hand on the end of the barrel and fire with no dart, I can feel a good burst of air hit it. With a shell in, nothing. Take that same dremel drill bit and take it to the hole in the back of each shell. Make it look something a little cleaner than this:
Posted Image
There is a ring on the back of the shell, get rid of all the plastic in that, and drill out the barrel post.
Now take your dremel sanding bit and sand the shit out of the inside of the shell, enough to fit some PETG in. End result should look like this:
Posted Image
Now take a small piece of 17/32 brass and cut it to about 1/2 inch. Glue it into the back of the PETG:
Posted Image
Cut the PETG down to just overlaping the end of the shell:
Posted Image
Hot glue it in there. Clean up any residue glue on the lip, or it won't rotate properly.
Rinse and repeat 29 more times. I only did it twice before doing the write up. I did one without the brass too, accuracy went up.
You are done now.
Now the part you have all been waiting for: Ranges.
I don't have a good length halway in my house, nor an open area to test it in. My longest hallway is 35ft long, and the darts hit the end of it with a bit of drop and a good smack. Im going to guess 50-55ft. The spring can definitely be replaced, and the plunger seal isn't the best either. The faux barrel also kills range a bit.
Expect another episode of the BBCB in a few days.

#207858 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

A couple things.
1. The LSFG has NO potential. Your crappy ranges are normal.
2. An incomplete trigger pull will only affect air guns, as the air leaks out slowly. As long as it fires, you are fine.

Otherwise, nice job. Your LSFG integration is much cleaner than mine.

#207819 K9's Review Of The Buzzbee Belt Blaster

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 07:14 AM in General Nerf

4. I AM AT FUCKING WORK!!!!

That sounds like way more fun than my after school job...

Why do you have internet access at work?

Im wondering the same thing. He told me he's a janitor.....
Anyway, I may beat him to internal pics, Im going to get one today, and Im opening it up the second I get home with it.

#207682 K9's Review Of The Buzzbee Belt Blaster

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 January 2009 - 06:36 PM in General Nerf

A few questions:
1. How easy is it to snap the chains together/pull them apart? I would be worried about the chains going everywhere in a war.
2. Were they selling chain refills that you could see at the walmart?
3. Have you had any rotation/chain skipping issues?
4. OPEN THE DAMN THING UP!!!!!!!!
Great job getting this up, Im getting this like tomorrow. Im putting off the k9 special to do it.

#207542 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 January 2009 - 07:37 AM in General Nerf

Thanks for everything. Thanks for the trade deals, and of course, the awesome contributions to our community. Thanks for starting up my great love for BS and Hornet tanks, and of course SMDTG trigger. I wish you all the best, I hope that you get the job you want, and that you didn't accidentally contradict yourself on your forms. I hope you can make it up to Canada some day.
-Liam

#207469 Ps-800 And The "slide Angel Breech"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 January 2009 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

Yet another one of my crap pile guns you have turned into a beast, split. My metaphorical hat goes off to you.
Isn't the clip a little far forward though? Wouldn't this really negatively affect ranges?

#207151 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 January 2009 - 09:43 AM in Modifications

I remember dumpy talking about this at Massacre 2, and I believe I actually laughed at him. I though he was going to do the pull off the barrel method or endcap or something. I didn't think you would pull it off to be honest. You guys weren't joking at all. Well, I started on mine last night. Ive got the copper, wrapped in etape, and a LSFG faux barrel to cover the breech. Im using 9/16 brass for the main barrel. I need to do some more tweaking, but I did test it, and Im getting 110-115ft. This is with my PAS with a xbow spring added to the stock. This mod does work people, my PAS is now a beast, I would recommend this to anyone.

#206884 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2009 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Im doing this. Like this weekend. I can't wait to see that thing at the next war.

#206883 The Basic Explaination Of The Rscb

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2009 - 03:26 PM in Darts and Barrels

I guess that's why my RSCB doesn't work anymore: I have a 1ft one on my 2k, and petg is a perfect fit on my darts. Great job. The evil bunny with that thing installed was A BEAST!

#206516 A Quirky Little Contract Video.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 January 2009 - 07:21 AM in Modifications

Nice music haha. So were the blastfires just a gift, for a contract, or payment for something, or what?

He told me at massacre 2 he got 8 of them for quite a good deal from some guy out west.
Good video as always, FA.

#206422 Defender T3 Writeup

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 January 2009 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Awesome. That is one word. I should have NEVER given my DT3 pistol to chefdave for free... Anyway, I could never get more than 40ft out of it. I love the double coupler. I have one on my xbow and on my singled 2k. I alternate barrels a lot, dremmeled out CPVC fits my darts nicely for a springer, but PETG is perfect for an airgun.

#205953 Wierd Computer Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 January 2009 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

Back to the original problem: I got something like this. It's called system security and its a virus that warns you about all kinds of crap like a virus is trying to send your credit card info to a remote host, hoping to scare you into buying the full version, which is like 99$ and steals your credit card info. Anyway, I downloaded Malawarebytes, and it got rid of it in minutes. Try that, if it doesn't work, I really can't help you, but it went around my dad's office, and this was the program everyone used to get rid of it.

#205949 Indoor Vs. Outdoor

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 January 2009 - 02:00 PM in General Nerf

Ive been to HbH2 (outdoor) and Massacre 2 (indoor) I must say I enjoyed HbH more, partly because it was my first war, but I did like being able to run around more and try more ridiculous shit. Massacre was a VERY different experience, though also a blast. IT was running from barrier to barrier GOW style. I prefer an open style of play, but that is just me. I still had a great time.
Dart loss is another factor. I lost 3/4 of my darts at HbH, while at massacre, I maybe lost 10 darts total, by ruining them against walls.
Gun factor wasn't an issue, any gun that was allowed at any major war was allowed at both wars.

I enjoy them both, but I like getting out in the fresh air and sunshine and running around. That's just me. Both style of wars are a lot of fun, and I would go to ether without a moment's hesitation.

#205665 The Thundersplat, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 January 2009 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

Are these ranges with the stock spring? Cause I just pick this up.

Really, I DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE!!!!!

#205508 The Thundersplat, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2009 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Awesme as usual, split. What kind of ranges are you getting out of this beast? The only thing that concerns me is the shot which looked like it dropped significantly after 25ft. Still, me want one.
Am I the only one who thinks this guy should be made a contributor?

#205335 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2009 - 08:05 AM in General Nerf

xbow, I don't typically use a sidearm. When I do, I use my excessively banded 1st gen NF.

#205263 New Angel Breech...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 January 2009 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

You finally got it up and running, good to see. I saw your PETG breeched BBBB at Massacre2 and was pretty intrigued... The only worry I would have is that the PETG would bend under the stress of pushing back the spring.
Anyway, I would gladly purchase some off you, if I could get my hands on a LS...
Nice job.

#205200 The Longshot Contract.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 January 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

I didn't know you were running a service. I guess we send you the gun, and for enough money you mod/paint it? Cool idea, way to make some cash off your modding skills. That LS looks sick, Makes me want to angel breach another.

#205196 Powerline Bb Gun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 January 2009 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

Ok can we STOP making every thread NOF makes into a huge rant against him and him having too much money? The dude is contributing for god's sake! Isn't that what we want here?
NOF: I like the conversion, but I don't like that you only get 30 shots at that range. If you could hook it up to a bigger CO2 tank, that might work better.