Duke Wintermaul's Content

There have been 354 items by Duke Wintermaul (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#332992 Rapidstrike Buttstock Mod

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 13 August 2013 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

After seeing how easy this mod was, why doesn't it come stock this way?

Very nice, but I've got another idea for the rapidstrike stock. Replacement with a raider stock seems fun, and having that rapidstrike stock with an nstrike port would be novel.

#333043 The Stampede that Stood Still

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 14 August 2013 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

You've got the tray soldered in backwards. Switch the wires and you're golden.

#333164 Bowling Green War! (OH) #2

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 17 August 2013 - 04:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Jimmy John'zzzzzzz. I mean, they deliver!

Go ahead and put a +2 by my name, the Duchess and my roommate are keen on showing.

#333285 Nerf Modifications Directory

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 20 August 2013 - 12:25 PM in Modifications

Stryfe overhaul [http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23854&st=0&gopid=328965&#entry328965]everything you need, and then some[/url]

#333481 Bowling Green War! (OH) #2

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 26 August 2013 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Carter Park

#333589 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 31 August 2013 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

MEGAfied the BuzzBee Airmax six. Getting the box claimed 60ft flat.

#333590 MEGA dart barrel material?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 31 August 2013 - 07:22 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'm currently using 3/4in pvc, and its too loose; the darts slide right through it. I've tried thinwall 1/2in, but it's just too damn small. Tomorrow I'm going hardware store hopping, but they won't be carrying things like petg. Basically, does anybody happen to know the perfect size material for these new darts?

#333595 MEGA dart barrel material?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 31 August 2013 - 09:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

Yes, I am referring to the new red mega's.

I don't think the McMaster you linked will work, I'm actually looking for something that's smaller than 3/4 pvc as I mentioned it was too large.

I'm going to be shoving darts into many pipes tomorrow, and will definitely be checking out 3/4 cpvc.

#333613 MEGA dart barrel material?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 01 September 2013 - 02:02 PM in Darts and Barrels

2044T45 will almost certainly work. Apparently you don't realize that a barrel has to have a slightly larger inner diameter than the size of foam you are using. For instance, a 3/4" diameter dart would not even fit into a pipe with exactly a 3/4" inner diameter. Oh, and apparently you don't even know the inner diameter of 3/4" PVC. It's .824", which is way bigger than 2044T45.

Apparently I misunderstood your first post. When you said

On searching McMaster-Carr, [size="2"]2044T45 looks as if it would surely work. It's inner diameter is just a tad larger than 3/4,"Posted Image

I obviously misinterpreted the 3/4 to mean 3/4pvc when you quite literally were talking about the measurement of 3/4 of an inch. But thanks for the explosion.

If anybody is interested, 3/4in copper type L pipe is the perfect size for these new darts. Pax 3/4 is too small, and 1in is too large. Likewise, 3/4 cpvc is too small.

I went ahead and ordered some of the petg you linked DS, as the type L copper was insanely expensive.

Thanks for everybodies suggestions.

#333615 the secret oprv on the air max blasters.

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 01 September 2013 - 02:39 PM in Modifications

I'm deeply sorry to tell you this, but dude, neither of those are oprv's....

This. I thought the exact same thing. After plugging the pump oprv and doing a rebarreling, I was dismayed to find performance was dismal.

So I went back into the blaster and performed both actions McGee suggested, and performance did indeed rise. These might not be oprv's, but they must have been leaking somehow.

Thanks for the info McGee. Oh, and two common failure points I guess I should tell you guys, the pump shaft and pink vinyl tubing. The pump shAft warped and bowed on me, making it impossible to pump. I sheathed it in some brass tubing, and now it's golden (in two ways). The pink vinyl burst on me fairly soon, so I simply replaced it with some spare fish tank tubing I had lying around. It's much thicker and I've used it to do pump relocations before. It's best to do these actions right off the bat, that way you don't have to reopen the blaster a few times.

Hope this helps!

#333623 the secret oprv on the air max blasters.

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 01 September 2013 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

My pink tubing also failed on me as well, so I just replaced it with some vinyl tubing and now it works fine.
My pump also started to warp and eventually snapped so I'm working on reinforcing the tank, and replacing the old pump with a bike pump. But for now since your pump hasn't snapped yet, I would reccommend reinforcing it with devcon plastic welder or some other kind of epoxy/e-putty combo.

I guess you missed the part where I said I sheathed it in brass. I'd take metal reinforcement over epoxy any day.

#333643 Air Max 6 Mod Guide

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 02 September 2013 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I'm on my way to buy one. If I open it up and it appears that it can be modded into more or less an effective primary, I'll post an in depth writeup.

It can be. I'm currently sitting next to mine. I'm getting over the century mark with this blaster.

It doesn't really require a write up, it's super simple. Go right ahead and make one though, but I don't think it's worth your time. Here's a few notes for you, replace the pink vinyl tubing and reinforce the pump shaft; both of these failed on me. Also, this 'guide' has a terrible turret seal. I can't even imaging putting this blaster back together with that shitty of a seal. How I solved it, cut off the shaft of the black plate we boiled off and glue them back in place. Then cover them in silicone grease. It's not perfect, but it's loads better than leaving them off. I also added a second spring to the plate that connects the tank to the rear of the turret.

Like I said, I'm getting over 100ft with stock streamlines and 5 pumps.

Posted Image

Good luck

#333646 Looking for a good blaster to hopper and use as a primary.

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 02 September 2013 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

Ice Nine is being sarcastic. You could also use a Buzz Bee Air Max 6 or 10. You could probably just glue a coupler to it without having to use a dremel. You could also buy a Buzz Bee Panther and just use an RSCB on it. It will still get great range, and you can get all the parts for an RSCB at a hardware store.
As for rotary tools, you can buy this from Harbor Freight for about eleven dollars. Yes, it's small and cheap, but it will get you through your first projects just fine. There's no need to buy expensive tools when cheap ones will work fine.

I don't think an AirMax 6/10 could move a hopper, seeing as how the larger 1st gen panther tanks had trouble with them.

Agreed on the cheap tools, they're a great introduction and last longer than you'd expect them too.

As for blasters that can take a hopper without a dremel, the old school expandablast comes to mind, but Beavers 3b he linked would be easier and much simpler to find.

Here is an Expandablast guide by our resident vampire.

#333647 Looking for a good blaster to hopper and use as a primary.

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 02 September 2013 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

Double posting, the perils of using a tablet.

Since I have this post slot, sorry, does anybody know where can I find an AirMax 10? My local wallyworld and Target only carry the six and the one.

#333653 Air Max 6 Mod Guide

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 02 September 2013 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

I am amazed at performance, i had no idea this little tank could put out that much power.

It helps that i'm using stock elites, which have great aerodynamics and flight capabilities.

Where did you buy your AirMax10? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

#333696 Air Max 6 Mod Guide

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 03 September 2013 - 11:04 AM in Modifications

If anybody is interested, I chronographed my AM6.

Six shots, 120.2, 113.0, 103.5, 133.9, 112.6, and 113.5 bringing the average to 116.1 fps.

#333704 Dart cartrige Belt

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 03 September 2013 - 05:27 PM in Darts and Barrels

It holds darts AND mini liquior bottles? Sign me up!

But in all seriousness, you should probably inform us on the product name, retailers, or maybe an online catalog.

I've seen the ban hammer fall on one fng today, let's update the thread with real information to avoid another 'incident'.

#333713 Air Max 6 Mod Guide

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 03 September 2013 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

I can back up Duke's range claim however. Tank expanded, 8 pumps, this thing gets 100+ flat no problem with an 8" CPVC single barrel. My pump shaft nearly broke where it connects to the handle, so it is necessary to reinforce it as Duke pointed out.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not just making shit up.

#333724 Dart cartrige Belt

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 04 September 2013 - 07:41 AM in Darts and Barrels

At least, I found one (empty) belt with worldwide shipping, but perhaps the shipping fee is exceeding the possible exploit.

Awesome! This is exactly what we needed.

Considering the brand name belt was 11 Euro's, and this 'off brand' belt is just under 3 Euro's including shipping i think this belt is well within our grasp. Thanks for the find.

Also, i like the idea of this belt. The simple fact that it exists, a product designed for people to carry mini schnapps bottles with them at all times, makes me chuckle.

#333725 Bowling Green War! (OH) #2

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 04 September 2013 - 08:42 AM in Nerf Wars

Hopefully i can make it to this, i really need t nerf an shoot me kids.

Well, it sounds like there wont be any shortage of those! I let the local BGUndead (our HvZ org.) know about the war, as best i could anyway. We haven't had any meetings and their website is vacant as of late. Super disappointed in our officer core, but hopefully some people show up.

If i come i will have a bunch of stuff for sale(not trade need to be rid of some of it) as always.

Last BG war i did some trading and some buying, I'm in the market for basically anything.

#333755 Air Max 6 Mod Guide

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 05 September 2013 - 09:47 AM in Modifications

FWIW, I think stock elites have terrible flight dynamics. The tip is so light that at higher FPS, they do not have stable flight at all. They swerve, for sure.

Stock elites have amazing flight dynamics. Agreed that at high velocities they are wildly inaccurate, but at lower speeds they outperform any NiC stefan I've ever used. That is the true measure of flight dynamics. Any weighted peice of foam we slap together will fly strait and true when we back them with incredible velocities, but the stock elite dart was engineered to perform wonderfully at lower speeds and coax as much range out of lower powered blasters as possible.

On the whole subject of airmax 6's, I was at Walmart yesterday for some epoxy putty, and I went to check out the blaster section like I usually do, and I saw a few airmax 6's in a new color scheme and package. It was greenish instead of gray, and the box advertised 60' instead of 40' if my memory is correct.
@ Duke, I think you have one of those.

I do indeed, Wal-Mart's BuzzBee line is all coloured differently. As you said, they are all grayish/green. This includes the rangemaster and panther relaunch. Also, their double barrels are blue. I believe these to be a simple reshell, and the internals are identical to their white brothers. I own two AM6's, one white from target and the other green/Gray from Wal-Mart. As far as I can tell, opening them, modding them, and chronographing them, they are identical.

#333812 What would be a good replacement motor for Nerf Stampede

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 06 September 2013 - 09:03 PM in General Nerf

You can just put out a WTB for a stampede motor. As it happens, i have one and am extremely willing to let it go.

Can we say $10 shipped? PM if you're interested.

#333813 Bowling Green War! (OH) #2

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 06 September 2013 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, i just found out BGUndead is hosting a campus Nerf War tomorrow! If you are in the area, please show up. It's on University Lawn from 5pm-8pm. Yea, its only three hours so don't drive too long, and it's a mainly stock event.

Here's a map of campus, the green is university lawn.

Please don't show up with stefans or homemades, but modified stock will do just fine.

Lets show them what the NiC is all about! Come meet me on the steps of the Education building at 4:30, and we'll roll together. I'll be the guy in a black OMW hat and Tactical vest.

#333843 Bowling Green War! (OH) #2

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 07 September 2013 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks everyone who showed up to this little war, sorry it was such a disappointment.

I was pretty bummed my Pak-D darts were banned, but what can i do eh?

Looking forward to next weekend!

#333844 Homemade AR

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 07 September 2013 - 09:10 PM in Homemades

Who else was disappointed this wasn't a homemade air restrictor?

I was excited, we spend the majority of our time destroying air restrictors and i was looking forward to a writeup and actually involved building one.

#333934 MEGA dart barrel material?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 11 September 2013 - 07:58 AM in Darts and Barrels

Got the 2044T45 tubing a few days ago.

Sweet lord, it's perfect! Huge shout out to DartSlinger for the info.

Also, this tubing fit's perfectly into 1/2in pvc couplers. Super easy to make any couplered blaster into a MEGA blaster.

Can't wait to use my new MEGA blasters at war's, all i hope is the host ups their point value in DTC.

#333938 Bowling Green War! (OH) #2

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 11 September 2013 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

QUAD POST!

Bumping this to include a short list of things i'll be selling at the war, i'm not trying to pawn it all off on you guys; just giving you the option of picking up some hard to find/too unskilled to make gear.

1/2 PVC Wye. Ordered from McMasterCar, if you need a hopper for the war ive got the main piece. $4 each, haggle with me if you dare. If you don't feel like buying one, i'll gladly lend it to you for use at the war; assuming i don't sell out. Three available.

.79 ID Polysomething tubing. This is a perfect fit for the new red MEGA darts. I have a limited quantity, a few 7-9in lengths and one 2ft length. Bonus, this material connects perfectly to a 1/2 PVC coupler. Pricing upon request, idk make me an offer.

Snicker Darts. UPON REQUEST ONLY. I currently only have enough made for the me and the folks i'm bringing. LET ME KNOW ASAP if you want some of these darts, no guarantees that i can get them made in time. I will also have the foam i use for these darts at the war, and can sell it by the foot; no advance notice needed. Price upon request.

Internal Laser Kit. This kit contains a 3v Red Laser Diode, 2 x AAA battery holder, and a toggle switch. Everything you need to put a laser in your nerf blaster. $5 per kit.

5KG OMW Retailator/Rampage/EAT Spring. Simple drop in, $8 each. I'll even install it for you.

That's it for the smalls, i'll also have some blasters for sale. Basically any blaster myself or my roommate will use over the course of the war is for sale. Price upon request. The only blaster that is NOT for sale is the Duchess, no if's and's or but's. A quick rundown of the blasters, 3 x RM2 Stryfe's, VoltmeterLaserRM2 stryfe, Manther, 2 x Panther(1st gen large tank, as such will not be cheap), CPVC barreld AirMax6, MEGAfied AirMax6, ARdeleted 5KG Rampage, and an ARdeleted 5KG EAT(this thing is finicky but works for the most part). Most blasters will only be available after the war is over, as we plan on using them. Besides, then you know they're war tested.

#334018 Bowling Green War! (OH) #2

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 14 September 2013 - 11:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Agreed, a small yet enjoyable war. Me, and a +1, and CK with his +1. Had a Michigander show up for a round or two, but the majority of the war was 2v2.

Looking forward to another one, a small yet loyal player base will be there. Let's try and build on this base, eh?

Also, picked up a K9 Kannon after the war, a fun little toy. Don't listen to the 100ft range claim, that's the website telling you lies. No where on the package does it claim any kind of ranges, so i'm fairly happy with the 40ish feet angled shots. If you can pick one up for $10 or less, thanks to Meijer sales mine was, i say jump on it. Fun on the Bun.

#334064 Larami SuperMaxx Ball Shooter

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 16 September 2013 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

Looking to get some information on this blaster.

Posted Image

There's nothing on the Haven in the internals guide or modification guide. I recently picked one up from a thrift store, and want to see what i can do with it. Is it hopperable? Is it worth cracking open? From what i could gather, this is supposedly the most powerful ball shooter Nerf has produced. I'd like to turn into a wicked oldschool primary, kind of my version of the original Xbow.

Or, if you have seen these being sold in the past; what would a reasonable starting price be?

Any information would be awesomely helpful.

#334071 Larami SuperMaxx Ball Shooter

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 16 September 2013 - 06:49 PM in General Nerf

So here's a quick picture i snapped with my phone.

Posted Image

There are a few condition issues. A crack run's halfway down the pump grip on one side. There are stress marks on the main body where the tank connects. Other than that, there are minor scuff mark's on the main body and the orange barrel tip. The blaster is 100% functional, at least i think it is. I have no balls, but the air tank fills in about 15 pumps before the oprv kicks in. I'm surprised by the power it outputs, the barrel is huge and that's a massive amount of deadspace.

Any other information would be helpful, thanks for the pointers you've already given me.

#334091 Larami SuperMaxx Ball Shooter

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 17 September 2013 - 04:56 PM in General Nerf

Here is an album I just uploaded. The only sticker on the blaster is the 'Burst & Full' above the selector valve. Thanks to provided information, I think this is an AirMaster 2000 Ball Blaster. The SuperMaxx Xtreme Ballgun is completely void of stickers, while the AirMaster 2k has the valve selection sticker along with the mainsticker. I'm thinking my mainsticker has just been removed.

#334094 Larami SuperMaxx Ball Shooter

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 17 September 2013 - 06:32 PM in General Nerf

Thanks to everyone who provided me with the information I wanted.

Mod's can go ahead and close this thread, or keep it open idk.

I've decided to sell this bad boy, my car's alternator recently cut out on me.

#334121 K9 Kannon

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 18 September 2013 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

The K9 Kannon. A 'blaster' that fires tennis balls.

Manufactured by Hyper-Pet, i bought this kannon last weekend at Meijer. I was strolling by the pet isle, looking at fishies, when this lone kannon caught my eye on the clearance shelf. At $9.99, 60% off the retail $24.99, how could I say no? I ripped the package open in the lobby, after paying of course, and couldn't wait to try it out. In the parking lot i was getting roughly 35feet flat, a little dissapointing but not unexpected; hell I was firing a tennis ball. Quickly learning the priming and firing mechanism for the kannon, I originally thought modification potential was minimal.

Posted Image

So, internally this kannon is fairly simple. I've avoid calling this a blaster, as it doesn't use conventional plunger tubes or air power. It is as best as I can describe, an 'impact' blaster. The black priming rod is connected to each shell side via a 5 1/3 ft rubber band. This band is not pictured, all of these pictures are post-modification.

Posted Image

The trigger is fairly simple. You pull back on the priming handle and the trigger ratchets into holes on the black impact rod.

Posted Image

When the trigger is pulled, the rod is released and the elastic power of the rubber band slams the impact rod into the tennis ball.

Posted Image

These black rubber stoppers catch the impact rod after firing.

I did a few modification's to this kannon, so lets run them down.
1. Replaced the 5 1/3ft rubber band with a 4 1/4ft length of surgical tubing from McMaster Carr.
2. The rubber stops are actually a rectangular prism, with a square as the base. The square was originally facing upwards, I rotated the stop 90 degrees to allow for maximum cushioning.
3. Added 3 1/2in of draw to the impact rod. This was accomplished by adding another socket in the front of the impact rod to allow the trigger to catch on, and by placing the end of the surgical tubing in the second hole on the impact rod. The stock rubber band was for some reason resting inside the first hole.

Now, this kannon is launching tennis balls 50-60ft flat. Incredible, if I do say so myself.

This is not a mod guide, as it was a fairly simple modification. I have seen absolutely nothing about the K9 Kannon on the Haven, so i wanted to at least make you guys aware of it's existence. I plan on using mine in DTC, as i hope the balls will be worth at least 5 points.

Since the ammunition is fairly large, the impact from these balls is softer than you would think. I've taken a headshot from it fully modified from about 6feet away. Yeah, it was disorientating and I lost my glasses; but I was fine and my glasses were only slightly bent.

Nerf on or Fuck off.

#334135 How do I convince a room of college kids to listen to a Nerf-related s

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 September 2013 - 10:41 AM in General Nerf

Last semester in my Communications class I gave a speech about my campuses HvZ group.

I brought a blaster to class. We were required to bring props, so that's how I 'got away with it'.

Perhaps bringing up the similarities between the Rebelle blaster and their 'manly' counterparts? For instance, the Guardian Crossbow is essentially a reshelled Strongarm. This might be a bit of a stretch, as it's all internal. The Sweet Revenge and the Hammershot basically are the same blaster, with different paintjobs.

Good luck.

#334136 Safety Wankfest

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 September 2013 - 11:03 AM in Off Topic

I just have to get this thing operational before the next game of HvZ (probably in a month or two).

Your using a RM Powertain LS in HvZ?

Does your HvZ group have any restrictions on blasters?

This is a bad idea. 'Zombies' will be feet away from you when you 'stun' them, and will be wearing no eye protection. I see a hospital visit in your future, and probably some charges too.

#334137 2013 JSPB Works

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 September 2013 - 11:24 AM in Homemades

I especially loved the video, even if I cannot speak Chinese the video was still highly informative

Agreed. If only we could get a parts list in English?

#334149 K9 Kannon

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 September 2013 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

Awesome! Reminds me of a modded golf ball shooter I had to dodge at my last war. It warms the cockles of my heart seeing random blasters made into beasts. Seems like it would be pretty straightforward to make it pump-action as well, depending on the prime. Is it accurate?

It's actually really accurate. The ball travels up out of the barrel, I believe because of the curvature and bounciness of said ball. As long as you take that into account it's spot on.

No pump action i'm afraid. The distance from the front of the blaster to the grip is smaller than the prime, so you would be unable to fully prime it to it's max power. I'm fine with it being a pull back, especially because it's a single shot front loader.

Today i bought a bucket of 20 tennis balls and realized that we would have the option of playing Carpe De Testicilum at any war I brought this too. Last war we wanted to do some carpe, but alas we had no balls. This is a great multipurpose blaster.

Also, a golf ball launcher? I would think that beast would be banned. There is a large difference between a hollow soft tennis ball and a hard solid golfball, I shutter to think of close (or even far) hit's with that. I imagine it might break a bone.

#334153 Safety Wankfest

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 September 2013 - 07:07 PM in Off Topic

Singled Titans? Those are banned in NiC wars fyi.

I would hate to play HvZ with you.

#334161 K9 Kannon

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 September 2013 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

I don't doubt I could hopper it, and I'm sure I could figure out a way to make it pump action as well, but i'm not too invested in turning this into a primary.

Basically, a front loading pull back DTC Kannon works fine for my purposes. I'd love to see a pump action hoppered version of this K9 Kannon, and I implore you to create one.

Perhaps this summer, or winter break even, I might try and do something more. For now, it's going to stay the way it is. I'm sure it will gets it's fair use in DTC rounds.

#334243 Blue Titan

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 24 September 2013 - 10:10 AM in General Nerf

Titan AS-V, Titan AS-V.1, and Big Bad Titan are all names the Titan was launched under.

You're looking for the original Titan, aka Big Bad Titan. It was launched in Blue early 2004, then recoloured red and relaunched as part of the Unity Power System. There was a small release of Hulk Abomination Green Titans.

As for where to find them, eBay would be the best bet. Seeing as your in China, I have no idea. I think user Fluffy was selling a blue and red titan on here not too long ago, i know one of them sold but i cannot recollect if it was the blue one. I'd try PMing him.

I was going to mention something about not being helpless and using Google, but I imagine Chinese Google is censored to blazes.

Good luck with finding that Titan, and, you know... communism.