Larami SuperMaxx Ball Shooter

AKA Larami Airmaster Ballblaster 2000 or SuperMaxx Xtreme Ballgun

13 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Looking to get some information on this blaster.

Posted Image

There's nothing on the Haven in the internals guide or modification guide. I recently picked one up from a thrift store, and want to see what i can do with it. Is it hopperable? Is it worth cracking open? From what i could gather, this is supposedly the most powerful ball shooter Nerf has produced. I'd like to turn into a wicked oldschool primary, kind of my version of the original Xbow.

Or, if you have seen these being sold in the past; what would a reasonable starting price be?

Any information would be awesomely helpful.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 16 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#2 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

My understanding of it is that its one of those super rare blasters that enter collections and rarely see the field. Probably better off trying to sell it than mod it.

#3 ooontrprzes

ooontrprzes

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

I believe the last time one popped up on here a while ago the price started at 65$ US and escalated rather quickly from there (if I'm thinking of the right sale, it cleared over 200 to a gentleman in Australia). The blaster in question was the version with interchangeable barrels, if I recall. Nisaburo is correct, though. It is a very hard to find blaster that the right person would gladly pay through their respective arse for.
The only thing worse than stupid is lazy, at least an idiot will try. And its usually entertaining.

#4 CoolpantsMcgee

CoolpantsMcgee

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I would not reccommend modding it, ever. Because it is an incredibly rare blaster and is worth a looooot of money and modding it would decrease this blasters value dramatically.
If it is the darker colored version then it is a nice find. Buf If it is the blue and orange version then DO NOT SELL IT (at least right now) because theres at least 10 darker versions that I know of out there but theres only two known orange and light blue ones because they came from a very obscure line. And they could be worth over $500 depending on condition and the buyer. But as said before me the darker version could potentially be worth around $200.
If you want to sell it or mod it then go ahead its your blaster and I won't try to stop you.
But either way, You sir are one lucky nerfer.

EDIT: darker version as in purple tank.

Edited by CoolpantsMcgee, 16 September 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

So here's a quick picture i snapped with my phone.

Posted Image

There are a few condition issues. A crack run's halfway down the pump grip on one side. There are stress marks on the main body where the tank connects. Other than that, there are minor scuff mark's on the main body and the orange barrel tip. The blaster is 100% functional, at least i think it is. I have no balls, but the air tank fills in about 15 pumps before the oprv kicks in. I'm surprised by the power it outputs, the barrel is huge and that's a massive amount of deadspace.

Any other information would be helpful, thanks for the pointers you've already given me.

#6 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sorry double post××××××

Edited by 2TAGS, 16 September 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#7 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I believe the last time one popped up on here a while ago the price started at 65$ US and escalated rather quickly from there (if I'm thinking of the right sale, it cleared over 200 to a gentleman in Australia). The blaster in question was the version with interchangeable barrels, if I recall. Nisaburo is correct, though. It is a very hard to find blaster that the right person would gladly pay through their respective arse for.

Im assuming the one you mentioned was the one I sold to a friendly australian member . However mine was a supermaxx system 2000 and looked nothing like what duke has.
Posted Image

Edited by 2TAGS, 16 September 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#8 ooontrprzes

ooontrprzes

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

ahh yes, thank you. I simply remembered it as a supermaxx blaster and having a ball blaster option. Regardless, highly valuable gun.
The only thing worse than stupid is lazy, at least an idiot will try. And its usually entertaining.

#9 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I have modded one of these, did so when I first started modding because I had no clue what it was. This thing does have a ton of potential, the semi auto/ massive burst feature may be a major + for if you do decide to mod it. I had modded mine to fire taggers with a 1/2in pvc barrel nested in the stock barrel. The semi auto fired ok, about what most stock blasters do, though the semi auto being the helping factor here and I imagine with stefans or elite darts it should do better. With the selection on the all at once emptying of the tank it fired stock darts on par with a singled big blast with stock darts. You could possibly put an inline dart clip in this, I am pretty sure it would working without issue, and if not it's easy enough to reverse. Also you can hopper or rscb this thing, though it gets a little ugly in my oppion, you would want to remove the stock barrel which isn't glued on, and add a new pump handle, also something that would help is a piece of something to fill in the front hole from the stock barrel and help make it stabilize whichever kind of clip you choose. Also I suggest getting good and sealing the connections, they are just hard plastic pieces with o-rings that push into each other and are help by force when the shell is screwed together.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#10 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Dude, congratulations on the awesome find! Those are extremely rare and worth quite a bit of money. The blaster you have is either a Larami SuperMaxx Xtreme Ballgun, or a Larami AirMaster 2000 Ball Blaster. The difference between the two is this: the AirMaster 2000 Ball Blaster has a sticker on the left side of the orange tank that says "AirMaster 2000 Ball Blaster", whereas the SuperMaxx Xtreme Ballgun has no sticker on the tank. If you could take some quality photos of this blaster, I would greatly appreciate it. There are so few photos of these super-rare older blasters. The other blaster that you were thinking this might be is called the Larami Super Maxx Ball Shooter.

I would advise you to definitely not modify this. The reasons are numerous. If these things are really as powerful as people say they are, it wouldn't be of much use in a war, and besides, you could get just as good performance out of some other more common air blaster. Also, the plastic on these older blaster is notoriously thin and weak, so it would probably break. If you were to sell this, you could gain enough money from the sale to finance at least several extensive modifications. The biggest reason, though, is the scarcity of these blasters. There are only a few of these blasters in the world, so if people modify them, there aren't going to be any originals left. It's ultimately your decision whether or not you modify this, but I'm just saying that conservation of endangered species is a good thing.

Edited by DartSlinger, 17 September 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#11 He Who Mods

He Who Mods

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

That is a pretty awesome find, I am pretty sure there are hardly more than ten known existing blasters of its kind. About modding it, the blaster looks like it could become a really nice primary modified due to its burst system, and you could slap a wye on it to make a really nice automatic. I am not sure how much air the tank can put out though, and it might not be enough to sufficiently launch a dart.Compared to a Crossbow, this is much rarer, so I probably would not modify it unless you really want to and are sure the internals could be modified. Hope this helps.

Edited by He Who Mods, 17 September 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#12 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Here is an album I just uploaded. The only sticker on the blaster is the 'Burst & Full' above the selector valve. Thanks to provided information, I think this is an AirMaster 2000 Ball Blaster. The SuperMaxx Xtreme Ballgun is completely void of stickers, while the AirMaster 2k has the valve selection sticker along with the mainsticker. I'm thinking my mainsticker has just been removed.

#13 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I recall a ton of similar past threads where people argue back and forth whether the owner should modify it. I'll basically sum this up:

PROS of modifying it:
-You would have a completely rare and unique, one of a kind blaster to compete with. Everywhere war you go to, you will get to brag about and show off your incredibly rare, retro primary.
-It sounds like it would make a great primary, possibly performing to the standard of a Sceptor.
CONS
-you basically will have ripped apart one of the rarest and fairly well sought after Nerf blasters.

PROS of selling it:
-You will surely make some good money from it, which may help you purchase a better or more effective primary
-You will have preserved a piece of Nerf history, and most likely make a collector very happy

So the choice is yours. Honestly if you want a badass and unique primary, and you don't need the money immediately, go ahead and mod it. If you could use some money or want a better primary, trade it or sell it.

If it was in any worse of shape, I'd hands down modify it.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 17 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#14 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Thanks to everyone who provided me with the information I wanted.

Mod's can go ahead and close this thread, or keep it open idk.

I've decided to sell this bad boy, my car's alternator recently cut out on me.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 17 September 2013 - 06:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users