PissBacon's Content

There have been 174 items by PissBacon (Search limited from 18-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48940 Language

Posted by PissBacon on 07 March 2005 - 01:45 AM in Off Topic

First I learned English, then Spanish [2yrs], now Japanese [2 yrs so far..].

#48936 New Lanard Gun?

Posted by PissBacon on 07 March 2005 - 12:29 AM in General Nerf

Yup I think i saw that a few weeks ago when I headed over to TRU for an at3k twin pack. I'm not up to date on what people know about lanard guns, so I assumed that gun was already well known. They had a pile of lanard clones.

#48855 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by PissBacon on 06 March 2005 - 01:38 AM in General Nerf

I've got to get one of those. I didn't see anything about what kind of gun it is (air, spring, ?), but I am guessing it might cock when you reload. Coincidentally, I'm heading to Chicago for spring break. Anyone know about getting nerf guns to another state, since they probably won't let me on the plane?
EDIT: I read further in the NHQ post and found it is indeed a plunger. I still don't know about the checked baggage rules, if a minor can carry a toy shotgun on an airplane[in checked baggage].

#48736 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by PissBacon on 05 March 2005 - 02:00 AM in General Nerf

I would ask them if they ever plan to re-release the powerclip. They should make it with a camo paintjob if they do.

#48538 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by PissBacon on 02 March 2005 - 11:59 PM in Homemades

I don't think I'd want to be shot at by that.. seriously.
PS: Absolutely Incredible.

#48219 Inklink

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

I've played before. I remember seeing some crazy drawings of master chief on a halo forum.

#48204 Modded Sm750

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

What is the actual barrel material? It looks similar to the aluminum I use on all my guns. Also, in my experience with m+m tubes, they always just blow open when I pull the trigger.

#48177 Stefans And Pegs Question.

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 02:04 PM in Homemades

Monkey, it's been brought up in the past what to do with RF20 and WF pegs. You need to take that red part (or yellow if it were WF), and make sure that the outer circular seal of each peg is kept intact - without them your darts may not even leave the gun. Search the forums for more advice. EDIT - damn me and not checking dates.

#48173 Modded Tech Target

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 01:09 PM in Modifications

Hmm, yes I have read about how to mod SSPBs before. I have plugged the pump handle already; as for the barrel, I thought if I do it, I should at least get a stock picture first since it won't fit so nicely after that. The aluminum pipe will fit nicely based on my measurements. For anyone trying to do this mod, keep in mind you can't just set in the sspb. It is slightly too tall, which means you have to separate the pump from the barrel, and shorten that connection slightly. On a last note, I have never seen that tank expansion mod, I need to try that.

PS: Internals

Posted Image
You have to carve out a great deal of excess.
Posted Image
Sorry, look closely.
Posted Image
The hole in the valve trigger.
Posted Image
The rod used to fire the sspb.

#48159 A Teaser........

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 05:01 AM in Homemades

I can't wait til it's done. Looks like it will not only be a great functioning homemade, but a damn good looking one.

#48158 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 04:35 AM in General Nerf

I've gone with a RF20 and a WF20 before. Also have tried using my storm2000 with a TT side, or my imaginary powerclip.

#48157 Modded Tech Target

Posted by PissBacon on 27 February 2005 - 04:00 AM in Modifications

I integrated a secret strike for good measure.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Close up <_<

Posted Image
Close up of secondary firing mechanism (look hard, thin metal rod).

When I hold the gun with my [right] hand, my thumb rests nicely om the metal bit for firing the second dart, while my index finger is on the trigger; I can fire both darts at once. Sorry that the images are low quality; I only have my webcam available at the moment.

#47683 Stefan Darts

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:57 AM in Homemades

My Spiral Darts

Something crazy I did with darts when I was bored.

#47682 Shotgun

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:48 AM in Homemades

Looks great! My advice: put some support between those lengthy pvc pieces so their weight isn't stressing the end elbow joints. Try something like this:

Posted Image

Supports are in red, forgive my 30-second paint image :)

#47681 Homemade Mac 11

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:32 AM in Homemades

As I scrolled through the posts, I kept thinking you should use paintball parts, and thank god you did. It has always been my belief you could make a killer homemade almost entirely from paintball parts.

#47680 Dremel Bits

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:20 AM in Homemades

I used to have a dremel, but over time I found more power was a big help. I love my Foredom now; you might want to check one out. The motor is separate from the handle part, which allows for much higher rpm, plus you can control the speed with your foot instead of stopping to mess with it all the time. Then again, if you only want it for nerf, that may be overkill.

#47679 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:01 AM in General Nerf

The other one sounds like a PC knockoff.

Which gun looks like a PC knockoff? I really can't wait for a new PC since I dont want to buy one off of somebody. Also the guns that appear to be smaller clip RF20s look like they have big potential, and with 2 to a pack it could be some great dual wielding.

PS: Laser Tag
I know it's not nerf, but for people making homemade guns, it could be a nice shell.

#47677 Atomizer Slingshot Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 02:40 AM in Modifications

thanks. I'm not that surprised though, since it's just a slingshot after all.

#47609 Supersoaker Xp270 Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 02:11 AM in Modifications

Many squirt guns will have leaks when you are just using air because air escapes easier than water.

#47608 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 02:02 AM in Modifications

Osgood-Schlatter disease really sucks; as for the crutch gun, I have a pair of old crutches laying around. The trigger would definately be placed around the handle part, concealed of course. I've just finished up making a semi-automatic pressure regulating valve that looks like it will fit inside the crutch's aluminum piping. Just need to work out how the darts would be loaded; I definately do not want to have to ram each one down the bottom of the crutch. Just imagine dual-wielding nerf crutches.

#47603 Atomizer Slingshot Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 01:45 AM in Modifications

What did you say about ranges? I have never shot one of these before so I don't know what to expect.

#47601 Problems With The Secret Shot 2

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

How would WD40 fix a leak?

#47600 How Do You Modify A Ss2?

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

Sharp Shooter or Secret Shot?

#45127 Merry Christmas

Posted by PissBacon on 30 December 2004 - 06:37 AM in Off Topic

Silver is, I think, the best metal conductor, but I'm not totally sure so don't hold me to it. I know it's not gold because it's too soft.

not to go crazy on correcting people.. but how soft a metal is has nothing to do with conductivity. In fact, gold is a great conductor, hence its use in lots of electric connections, especially audio connectors.

For xmas i got a crybaby 535Q and 13 Songs

#40433 Clip Friendly Dart

Posted by PissBacon on 01 November 2004 - 02:01 AM in General Nerf

Goodie; super power + ok rof. Maybe I'll buy an n-strike after all...

#39971 Need Help

Posted by PissBacon on 27 October 2004 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

I've lost a tooth because of nerf before as well. The dart flew and suddenly there was a bunch of powder in my mouth. It broke to the vein.

#39842 Clr Power Plumber

Posted by PissBacon on 26 October 2004 - 01:53 AM in General Nerf

Has anyone seen those commercials lately for CLR Power Plumber? I've never used/seen in use one of those, but they look like a potential way to add on to a nerf gun for a quick fire, especially on guns that need priming. I don't know if the cleaner emmits some kind of toxic gas or messy cleaner fluid, but if I find time I'll consider experimenting. This also has a lot of potential as a homemade gun. It would be similar to CO2, but a special valve wouldn't be necessary, and the whole design would be simpler. ...I've been missing out on the nerf community lately since school started, but hopefully I can get back to testing my spiral darts.

#36830 Impressive Paint Jobs?

Posted by PissBacon on 09 September 2004 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

All mine!

Posted Image

#36277 Long Range Weapon

Posted by PissBacon on 02 September 2004 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

My favorite is my modded storm2k

#36041 Helix Barrel

Posted by PissBacon on 31 August 2004 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

So, since rifling doesn't really work with nerf because of the physics of it, I guess I'm unsure of why silencers work then. In a real gun, the silencer is intended to slow down the air so that it's not at supersonic speeds, preventing a sonic boom (I think that's how it works). I may just be confused.

#35930 Helix Barrel

Posted by PissBacon on 30 August 2004 - 11:19 PM in Homemades

What if you somehow bored spiral patterns into a barrel like a real gun?

#35921 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 30 August 2004 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

3DBBQ go ahead and use my design in your site.
I've been busy with school and all, but I'll try to get some comparisons in soon. It seems most of my guns are out of comission at the moment, but I have a feeling these will work best in my 19 inch modded storm2000. I'll try it out with stuff like my tech target too though.

#35845 Best Gun

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 11:49 PM in General Nerf

Ompa, is your ss1 tri-barrel a secret shot 1 or a sharp shooter 1, because I was just recently thinking of making my secret shot 1 into a tri-barrel.

#35829 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 08:48 PM in Homemades

Airsoft, do you mean spiral grooves or what? And yes it does require precise cutting and shaping to make these darts work properly. It might be also possible to create a steeper angle of cut so that there is more spiral push on the dart.

#35772 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 05:19 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

I was reading some topics on darts and got this idea. It's (clearly) based on the Stefan dart, but on the end you can see I did something a little different. Using a new and sharp xacto blade cut it into that shape as cleanly and symmetricly as possible. Then, heat up the xacto blade with the hot tip of a glue gun. Using the xacto, make all 4 flat surfaces on the back there a bit melted using the xacto's flat sides so that air won't pass through. Add the weight and hot glue on the other end as usual, and you probably shouldn't bore a hole in this kind of dart. So far I've only made these with 1/2 inch rod, and I do 2 1/4 inches long, and the 1/4 inch area is cut. I don't have enough of these made yet to do comparison testing (they take a long time), but I would guess they will improve accuracy based on the same concept that makes bicycles work.

EDIT: I think I'll call it the Bacon Dart.

#35722 An Explosive Idea

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 02:36 AM in Homemades

I don't get how the shrapnel 'goes'. Are those all barrels or are they just stuck onto the balloon.

#35715 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by PissBacon on 28 August 2004 - 10:57 PM in Homemades

(these shots are fired level from about 5 feet off the ground)

Sorry that information was sort of hidden ompa, but yes it was flat.

#35714 The Lnl

Posted by PissBacon on 28 August 2004 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

To me it's just the pimp-factor of the lnl.

#35703 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by PissBacon on 28 August 2004 - 10:13 PM in Homemades

Sorry for giving this topic a bump, but I thought it's worthwile to say I tested some ranges recently. Since I'm restricted to only so much yard space I could not measure too well, but here are some results (these shots are fired level from about 5 feet off the ground). I pumped the gun 20 times and fired; the dart went well beyond a fence of blackberry bushes 200 feet away from me (and I never found the dart). Then I backed up about 70 feet and the other dart I had with me was also lost beyond the blackberries. This gun's range easily beats the rest of my arsenal. Now for improving rate of fire hmm...

#35249 Help With Wclp

Posted by PissBacon on 25 August 2004 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

So are you saying you modded your scout to have a clip, or just that it's like having a scout with a clip?