Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 13-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#160744 June Yano 2008

Posted by Cannonball on 27 June 2008 - 11:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm google mapping this business right now. I'm going to split once we decided to hit the next site though.

#172732 "whats That Sweetness?"

Posted by Cannonball on 26 August 2008 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

props dayko. I'm glad people are coming around to the fairly simple modding ability of this gun. I don't know if it's my gun or not, but If I pump it to around 20 I get better ranges by a little. That's when my check valve goes off at least. Is 10 the max for yours? just curious.

#140373 Disk Shot Vs Nite Finder?

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

discussions like these are really tough. First, you've got all kinds of claims in which people state the accuracy or range of said gun. You can't really determine reliably which one is better due to the fact that everyone for the most part doesn't modify guns the same way. Some one can say "oh, my nf is way more accurate than my diskshot." Who's to say the barrel on the disk shot is crooked as hell?

I think considering that both are so very similar that any difference in stock range could possibly be very unnoticeable and even really not that important. I think if one were to get like just a tad farther that it really doesn't matter. I have never handled a disk shot though so I don't personally know the similarity. I can't say the nf is more comfortable in hand than the diskshot either.

Since the TTG was already mentioned I thought I'd give my two scents about the feel of it. I personally like the feel of the nitefinder in hand better than the TTG. looks wise, I would put the TTG above though.

#137219 Review: The +bow

Posted by Cannonball on 25 January 2008 - 06:54 PM in News

Say slug, exactly what kind of rail system does this use. VACC mentioned brackets so I'm assuming this is a standard picatinny-type rail, or is it something different?

That would be cool if that's the case. You could always just dismantle cheap airsoft accessories. Even then, I don't think it would be too hard to fabricate the system to hold it to the picatinny rail itself. Here's a crappy paint picture to demonstrate. (to those who need it)

Posted Image

Just find the desired nut and screw/bolt that will thread on it with a big enough head and you should be good to go. I don't think this will be too hard for anybody on this forum to accomplish.

#137097 Review: The +bow

Posted by Cannonball on 24 January 2008 - 01:32 PM in News

I couldn't have expected a better review. I've been in the wings on this plusbow versus crossbow thing for awhile, not being able to really make any declaration of superiority since I own neither. I still really can't and that suits me fine.

That said, the review was a work of art. The pros and cons of both guns were clearly laid out so that a noob like myself could educate himself. The plethora of details was awesome to say the least. I've been interested in both the crossbow and the plusbow and possibly owning them in the future. I've been holding off on my cash expenditure for quite sometime now and with good reason now I guess. i haven't really attended a war on par with the ones you guys attend regularly so I have no use for either gun at this moment. VACC, I think you did a beautiful job of laying out info for the noob population (me included, to set the record straight) I've been around for a couple months and I've seen a ton of people flying off the handle for a crossbow purchase opportunity. Your review helped me not to join that massive group of people crawling all over each other for one of those 'sacred' guns.

The sad thing is I doubt many people will take any of this to heart. If only there was a noob disclaimer on every crossbow ;)

I'm already shedding a tear for those crossbows that will be inevitably purchased and not used to it's full potential in a war and may end up collecting dust in someone's garage again.

In any case, this review was educational and very helpful. I'll stick to my longshot for a while and get some more wars under my belt before I attempt to snatch a crossbow out of the snapping jaws of some noobs. (not saying all people interested in purchasing crossbows are noobs either).

#232049 Nerf Crossbow Help

Posted by Cannonball on 23 May 2009 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

Rawray's setup shouldn't be a problem if your barrels are set up right. I'm using a rawray'd original crossbow plunger tube with a dt3 spring and one mini bungee. I'm usually hitting low to mid nineties with it. Just slap a bungee on there and you should be good to go. You're not going to need to hit anyone 100+ feet away anyway.

#149565 Airsoft Question

Posted by Cannonball on 05 April 2008 - 09:47 PM in Off Topic

the m14 is awesome. All the models I have seen come with high cap magazines that hold something like 300 -500 rounds, depending on who you are buying it from.

#148291 Ancient Crossbow-like Gun.

Posted by Cannonball on 31 March 2008 - 01:32 AM in General Nerf

You could always try reinforcing it and putting in a new spring. I think it has potential. Don't you dare paint it though. Keep the shell as stock looking as possible. It's like the reject grand-daddy of the crossbow that some how got lost in a veteran's home. You could always try bungies too. I haven't the foggiest how you could pull that off though.

#171451 The Scimitar

Posted by Cannonball on 21 August 2008 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

It's definitely different, in a good way. I've never complimented you on your use of velcro Falcon. Right on.

#178728 Fall 'geddon 2008 - Recap Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 21 September 2008 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

That was was truly the greatest! The soreness I feel in my legs now is worth it.

Highlights:
- headshot right off the bat first round of the day. 3 in total for the day. Not bad I guess.
- Getting sworded only to realize I'm still in because everyone on my team hit that dude when he ate it jumping the barrier. Sorry bud, nice try.
- being within range of Sorrow's vulcan only to have it jam on him so I can pull out my nitefinder and return fire. perfect timing huh?
- Being there to witness the little kid with the blowgun inch up to the other team's flag and take it. They did not notice until I started yelling at him to run. It was the greatest moment of the CTF games in my opinion.
- Seeing the look on Pilz's face when he shot his barrel out.
- having a little kid on the other team taunt me and pilz while we were shooting at him. It was even funnier when Tony (I believe) took him out while he was dancing around.
- Seeing old and new faces
- seeing one of my team mates hose three other guys with his vulcan. It was amazing.
- Bags eating it, but still getting a hit on someone else.
- Performing the flying V formation with great success.

Cons:
- Not being able to hit Axelion once the whole day.
- The amazing aerial acrobatics of some of the darts I picked up and shot. They were fun to watch, but they didn't go where I wanted them to.

I really can't think of any other Cons right now. It was an amazing day so that's probably why. I'm glad to be a part of the madness that was fall 'geddon '08. Looking forward to many more in the future. Bags, Falcon, you guys did a great job of keeping things together and going smoothly. The war was just splendid thanks to you guys. Major props.

#175458 Crossbow Spring

Posted by Cannonball on 06 September 2008 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

if you have a bna you could try using that spring. it's slightly longer than a crossbow stock spring. I don't know if it's any better. I have yet to try it, but I'm sure you'll need to add bungies to your crossbow too.

#179201 Fall 'geddon 2008 - Recap Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 23 September 2008 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I cant click on them and view a larger version.

#149552 Airsoft Question

Posted by Cannonball on 05 April 2008 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Jungletoy.com usually has good deals on AEG. Sometimes on the real cheap. Don't get put off by the name. good site. I got my mp5 RAS

#129684 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 14 November 2007 - 01:52 AM in Modifications

Sorry to hijack this thread Cornman. Here is a picture of the internals.
Posted Image

At first it looked to be at least a decent gun. See that white tube, it fits micros quite well.

with all of that though, the micros fell short of hitting the wall at the end of my hall.

that whole back end though where the pump is located is sealed but removable from the gun itself (follow?). I didn't want to cut it open so I don't know if there was something else I could do to it.

#129682 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 14 November 2007 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Alright, I'm thinking it was this:
Posted Image

If it isn't then I have no idea what gun it is. Here's hoping it is so we know what you're talking about.

#129619 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 13 November 2007 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure that's it. when I get home Ill put a pic up to see if cornman can identify. As far as I know it's some "no name" brand. I think it's something like ES toys? I haven't seen the SB though so that could be it.

#129609 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by Cannonball on 13 November 2007 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

Oh , I think I know what you are talking about. It shoots these yellow rockets. comes with 2. I worked on one. If it is what I think it is then you can just take out the small plastic screen over the end of the barrel inside the gun and fit a micro in there. should be ok range. Nothing spectacular. I don't think it's worth it though. I did a barrel replacement and it didn't really help much. Then again I wasn't brave enough to dissect the pump casing either since it's sealed shut.

#173756 Wodden Toy Gun.

Posted by Cannonball on 30 August 2008 - 06:06 PM in Modifications

It's not that hard to integrate an at2k or at3k into that at all. I'm working on putting an at2k onto the remnants of a flintlock replica myself and I'm just using my rotary tool, and it's solid wood. It will look cool for sure, In my opinion at least. make sure you slap some orange or bright colors on the end of the barrel though so you don't get shot.

#130065 Inter Continental Nerf Missile

Posted by Cannonball on 18 November 2007 - 03:32 AM in Modifications

you could use a thin cloth/tissue/towel to pull the little pieces of foam out of the back end. 1, maybe even 2 corners of the cloth would be enough to be connected to the plug to pull out the darts in the rocket, yet allow them to fall when they are out of it.

#139122 Ok You Primitive Screwheads, Listen Up!

Posted by Cannonball on 07 February 2008 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

Nice right up Badger. I appreciate the quote from the army of darkness greatly. You have the right to yell "Hail to the king baby" every time you get a hit with that thing. Again, nice job.

#307731 SanchoPanza

Posted by Cannonball on 24 November 2011 - 05:52 AM in Homemades

Wow. You really took my quote and ran with it! This thing looks awesome! I like the idea of being able to actually sight down your barrel now. I'll have to get all my materials together and build one of these ASAP! Nice job, man. Keep up the good work.

#125691 Custom Longshot Modification Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 10 October 2007 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

A good alternative is to head over to a nearby swapmeet and browse their airsoft selection. (if they have any). Most of the time you'll be able to get your hands on a cool looking rifle. Can't guarantee it will perform fantastic as an airsoft gun, but if you want to do something like mkbae then that is what I suggest. The swapmeet that is nearby me sells the 10mm paintball gun for pretty cheap as well so I'm sure you might be able to find one of those at the swap meet as well.

#133839 Recon Internals! (scroll Down)

Posted by Cannonball on 26 December 2007 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

damn, beat me to it dude. I just opened mine up and was going to throw up the pics. good thing I checked your thread first.

#140132 The Snap-4m

Posted by Cannonball on 14 February 2008 - 01:14 AM in Homemades

It's a manta ray though....

I like the sound of the snap duo though. If you name it something though it should be something bad ass and biker related due to the ingenious use of leather.

#362838 Armageddon XIX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/23/18)

Posted by Cannonball on 03 April 2018 - 05:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there

#291749 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Cannonball on 29 December 2010 - 03:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I won't be able to make it after all, fellas. Have fun without me.

#291302 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Cannonball on 21 December 2010 - 03:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I might not be able to make this one. I believe I have a church leadership retreat scheduled for that weekend. If I'm in school at that time,though, I should be able to make it.

#343031 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by Cannonball on 23 November 2014 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

They had two different dates. I guess their war is the 14th, not the 20th. The 13th and the 20th both work for me then.

#342998 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by Cannonball on 22 November 2014 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

There is an HVZ game in Camarillo I've always been interested in trying out on the same day. How much wiggle room is there for the date?

#363790 Armageddon XX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/29/19)

Posted by Cannonball on 09 April 2019 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there

#363902 Armageddon XX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/29/19)

Posted by Cannonball on 17 May 2019 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Working on a FB event. Should be up by the end of the day.

#138750 The Chief Is Using Nerf!

Posted by Cannonball on 05 February 2008 - 10:48 AM in General Nerf

That does look like a chick in armor. In any case, I think the front looks way more like an LS front than a recon front.

#207878 Bagsfest 2 Date Changed

Posted by Cannonball on 30 January 2009 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm planning on making it to this one with a buddy of mine. I actually haven't played TPB yet.

#142224 Life Without A Dremel?

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

I try to use my dremel sparingly since it makes such a big mess. I love my hobby saw that allows me to switch blades to pvc/metal, wood, cement, and drywall. It came with a screw driver attatchments and bits. I would reccomend one of these because it cost a bit under 20 and came with everything needed.

#154857 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by Cannonball on 05 May 2008 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

I dont think anyone has said this, but as for epoxy, I suggest Devcon Plastic welder. You will not be disappointed.

#349867 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2015

Posted by Cannonball on 06 December 2015 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in

#149607 Nano Recap

Posted by Cannonball on 06 April 2008 - 02:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Man it was a ton of fun. I'm definitely down for any other socal wars. Everyone played really hard and kept me on my toes the whole time. I'm really bummed that I didn't get to hit the second location with you guys. Next time I guess.

Highlights for me:

Shot in the noggin by sasquatch in the first round of the game. It still kind of smarts

going out of my way to avoid getting hit by Bag's ball gun. So many close calls.

many many more.

Good on ya Cheeseboy for hosting a good war. Looking forward to the next.

#149668 Spring Caff

Posted by Cannonball on 06 April 2008 - 03:20 PM in Nerf Wars

as far as I know I am free that day so I'm in unless something comes up.

#139874 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 13 February 2008 - 02:02 AM in Modifications

I'm still a novice when it comes to modifying guns, but I've got a good number under my belt right now so don't expect anything phenomenal. There's the disclaimer, on with the show.

Here she is.
Posted Image

This little number came in a two pack on ebay for something like 20 bucks in total. Stock ranges were pitiful, measuring around 10 feet or so if you're lucky because there really is no real barrel to be had. The cool thing about it is it's a flintlock of course, and you cock it by pulling the hammer back.

Here's what you'll be needing:

-around 5 inches of pvc
-4 inches of thick-walled OMC PETG
-dremel, complete with cutting and sanding bits
-small philips head screw driver
-plumbers goop
-some craft foam (optional)

alright, so flip the gun over to the other side so you can get at those screws. Now when they are all removed, you can either just snap the orange ring at the end of the blaster because it is that easy, or just dremel it off now. I ended up having to dremel it when I put the new barrel in so you might as well do it now.

Here are the insides. Pay attention to the little mechanism that cocks the gun. The hammer pushes back a little arm that slides the plunger rod thrown a little channel in the shell that hooks it onto the catch. No pulling involved.
Posted Image

Pull out the plunger tube and rod and let's get to work. Here it is compared to that of a Nitefinder. Not really impressive. I ended up switching the spring for another one of a thicker gauge, but short a couple rings.
Posted Image

Cut the orange part right around where I cut it. That gives you a perfect place to put your petg. Yank off the little protrusion on the side of that and you are ready to goop on your barrel. I completely forgot to take pictures of that part, but that really isn't too hard to figure out. I nest the petg in pvc and it was good to go.
Posted Image

Now here it gets a little tricky. You want to sand down the front of the shell to make room for the barrel. Be careful though because the plastic really isn't thick at all and it is quite easy to put holes in the shell, I did it a couple of times but I ended up just sanding all of it off to expose more of the barrel in preparation for an eventual paint job.
Posted Image

After that, just fit it in there and screw the shell together. Now I forgot to mention the craft foam. I put two rings of it around the plunger rod to put a little more tension on the spring. You can do whatever you want to substitute. That's just what I had on hand at the time.

Here's the finished product in front of the Jolly Roger on my wall. Who isn't a pirate at heart anyway right?
Posted Image

Compared to my nitefinder:
Posted Image

After all of that, ranges were disappointing. around 20-35 feet tops when fired flat. I have some ideas floating around on how I can better use the shell, which is cool in my opinion. I may just slap a nf tube in there and see what happens. But ya..

Tharr, she Blows

questions, comments, you know what to do.

#139978 Potc Flintlock Blaster

Posted by Cannonball on 13 February 2008 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

The plunger tube and barrel assembly are identical to a Single Tek.

Ya, it definitely does. I really didn't realize that until now. It definitely looks better than a single tek though.

What size PVC did you use? I have a little different plan for it, I saw some at the KB toys nearest me. I might stop over there on Thursday when I go down to portland, Oregon. It won't serve anything close to a secondary, but more of a novelty.

I used 1/2 inch PVC with petg nested inside. I might cut the barrel down to try some stock darts on it and see how that goes. I have some parts laying around that may make this gun decent, but I have to rummage through my pile to find them.

And thanks for all the kind words everyone.