Oroku Saki's Content

There have been 411 items by Oroku Saki (Search limited from 11-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#39835 My Awesome Mod

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 October 2004 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

Good job with the Tippman modding. Personally, I would keep the Tippman for its original purpose because they are really good guns, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I can't wait to see how well it fires.

#33241 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 August 2004 - 08:52 PM in General Nerf

It should already be out. I got mine at my local Wal-Mart.

#29367 Mod Nerf Darts

Posted by Oroku Saki on 23 June 2004 - 11:52 PM in Modifications

Dude, I already replied to your question in your other dart modding thread. Posting the same topic isn't going to help with your problem. Trust me, you only need to ask your question once.

#46250 Maverick Locations

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 January 2005 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

I found a couple at my local Wal Mart today in Rhinelander, WI. Maybe I'll pick them up later tonight...

#48536 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by Oroku Saki on 02 March 2005 - 11:42 PM in Homemades

**drops down on the ground, bowing**

All hail the mighty boltsniper!!

You never fail to amaze us with your kickass homemades. This latest project is just beautiful! Great work!

#42821 Look What I Won...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 28 November 2004 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

For those of you who are having trouble finding Nerf stuff on eBay, try the filters posted on this thread: http://nerfhaven.com...p?showtopic=748

#25512 Lefty? Righty? Switch?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 May 2004 - 11:22 PM in General Nerf

I'm the same with both hands, although I am left handed.  Go Evilness! (If you don't know what this means don't even ask).

I am a lefty too. We will all one day RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!

Edit: Oh crap! I spoiled my evil plans.

#39575 Larmi Brand

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 October 2004 - 08:26 PM in Homemades

Instead of cutting the bladder short, you could try adding rubber bands around the bladder.

#25269 Lanard Site

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 April 2004 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

Actually, I do not think your email was blocked due to spam filters. Most filters trash any mail sent from an autoresponder. If they have a decent customer service department, I am sure that they will forward it to the correct person for response.

Speaking of old Lanard threads, wasn't there one that you posted about that involved the Lanard kid and the stomp rocket launcher, Janga? After reading that, I was laughing my ass off for hours! then again, people do regard me as eccentric, but that's fine by me.

I hope Lanard does get back to you on your email. If you don't receive a response, try seeing if there is a number you can call them at.

#25274 Lanard Site

Posted by Oroku Saki on 30 April 2004 - 11:07 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, i sold them an NIB eagle eye a while ago. The package was sent back but i sent again last month, im sure we will be seing a version of it soon.

It looks like they copied just about every product they make, pretty sad. And couldnt they atleast list all of their guns?

Its a good site though...

Yeah, I can think of a few of their guns that seem to be copied directly from Hasbro's stuff, which is sad. Maybe Lanard is studying how some of the other guns are put together so they can make their very own badass gun.

#25179 Lanard Site

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 April 2004 - 07:46 PM in General Nerf

Apparently they must be having a slump in their designs, and that eagle eye looked mighty tempting. Believe me though, I'm not complaining.

Maybe they are going to release something similar to the Eagle Eye, but they are still working on it. It's going to be interesting to see what Lanard is going to come out with to compete with Hasbro.

#44101 Just A Suggestion...

Posted by Oroku Saki on 15 December 2004 - 06:02 PM in Site Feedback

Cx is right. Most of us don't really give a shit about how well a gun performs out of the box, however we do care about the potential a gun can do after some modding. Even with modded gun reviews, they could be biased due to the fact that no two modded guns are exactly the same.

#30559 John Titor

Posted by Oroku Saki on 06 July 2004 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

That Delorean project would be one of the first things on my to-do list, assuming I had the money.

Yeah, I was reading about Titor's posts, and it seems rather interesting. At this point, I can't really say if I believe this guy or not. Like my dad, I have always been interested in paranormal shit like time travel and UFO's. When it comes to Titor's time travel, I would rank it somewhere in that vicinity on rating its believability and legitimacy.

#42943 Jimi Hendrix

Posted by Oroku Saki on 29 November 2004 - 10:35 PM in Off Topic

Hendrix is da man!

A few years ago, when I was in High School, one of the students did a Hendrix-esque rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner for an awards ceremony, and it was fuckin sweet!

Maybe I might try finding that video of Hendrix at Woodstock.

#15636 Jet Squadron

Posted by Oroku Saki on 03 January 2004 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

Sometimes when you cant find a gun locally, your best bet is usually Ebay. I usually try to get as many guns as I can locally. Are there any other stores in your area, like a K-Mart, Target, or Wal-Mart?

#25869 Japan's Weapons

Posted by Oroku Saki on 11 May 2004 - 03:52 PM in Off Topic

although they have the awesome Rubber Band machine gun!

Posted Image

If only I had the tools to build one of those.....

#34680 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 August 2004 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

I never knew that Apple's acc files could be converted into mp3, but I guess I was wrong.

The other thing that I find interesting about even the newer iPods is the fact that they can store about 10,000 tracks. Who the fuck has that kind of money (do the math at .99 per track) to blow on filling up their iPod? Maybe the people who are making money on the iPod itself (Apple and the record company execs), or possibly the RIAA reps and the politicians they sponsor. Obviously, there is no way in hell that the average person would be willing or even able to spend 10 grand for a shitload of music. If Apple and Big Music's goal is to get every iPod owner to fill up their iPods, I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with that goal?

Even though I am usually negative about the iPod, I do believe that it is the step in the right direction to get rid of the older mafia-like business practices of the record industry. I simply think that they still have a ways to go to be able to accomplish this, whether they are aware of it or not.

#34654 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 August 2004 - 07:01 PM in Off Topic

And about the iTunes thing, you should be able to put an iTunes mp3 on any mp3 player. I mean, it's an mp3, why wouldn't be able to? When you buy a song from iTunes, you can give that mp3 to five different users maximum and they need your password to activate those songs.

It still seems a little restrictive to me for how the files can be transferred. When I shop for an electronics product, the main criteria that I use is functionality and usefulness of the item, not to mention potential for upgrades and other modifications. I have heard that the iPod's media files are not the same as mp3's.

Thanks for pointing out that Apple (hopefully) fixed the battery problem that was addressed in the video.

#34646 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by Oroku Saki on 20 August 2004 - 06:19 PM in Off Topic

I know many of you do own Ipods, however I have always been pretty questionable when it comes to buying one myself, based on what I have heard about them. I mean, the Fairplay controls alone make me want to puke. It seems that anything you buy off of the iTunes store can be used on the iPod, and only the iPod. You can't load your purchased tracks on any other music player, and it is difficult to upload any other file obtained elsewhere onto the iPod.

After seeing the following video, it brought me over the line where I will most likely never buy one. http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/

If you are an Ipod owner, I would like to hear about your experiences with them, or to correct my statements if I happen to be wrong.

At this point, I think that I will stick to a regular mp3 player that has the potential to be more functional.

#22115 Insane Basement Action!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 March 2004 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

What's wrong with Wisonsinites? I admit, alot of the people that live here can be complete dipshits, but not all of us are that bad.

#22528 Insane Basement Action!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 27 March 2004 - 01:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I also know of people who take Ritalin, and they don't act like that in any way. If you are speculating on if this guy was on drugs, he was probably using something else.

#22522 Insane Basement Action!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 March 2004 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

He got deleted for his stupidity anyway. Serves him right.

#22125 Insane Basement Action!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 March 2004 - 11:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Like I said, there are a lot of stupid people in Wisconsin, but there are freaks and stupid people everywhere else too, so I don't see much of a difference between Wisconsin and any other state. Oh well....

ILUVNERF4LIFE: It's great that you're having fun with Nerfing, but I don't think that the rest of us really care about whether or not you got girls to play. You don't seem to be accomplishing anything by bragging here on the forums.

#22050 Insane Basement Action!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 March 2004 - 05:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, some girls like Nerf guns too. My girlfriend shoots me all the time with my brass modded Nite Finder and Sharpshooter II. We sometimes run around my house with a few of our friends and just shoot at each other. In my experience, Nerfing can be great for flirting. Most of the time, girls won't really want to hear about the specs and mods you did on the guns though. Some may be interested, but I wouldn't recommend talking too much about it unless they show interest in modding. Usually, their main interest is to randomly shoot people with them, which is fine by me.

#36748 Impressive Paint Jobs?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 09 September 2004 - 01:45 AM in General Nerf

Groove, you are awesome when it comes to painting! A while back, I got a hold of a decent airbrush and compressor, and am learning to use it. My first project I am working on is painting The Cheat on my NES (so far, I have the base coat and a yellow silhouette almost finished on the furry little guy). I started on the project about a month ago, but I haven't been making much progress lately, due to other random shit going on with my life. For painted Nerf guns, I have a Sharpshooter 2, LNL, and a Tech Target spraypainted gloss black.

#23506 I Need Help

Posted by Oroku Saki on 05 April 2004 - 12:18 AM in General Nerf

Actually, the darts that come with these guns are very close to stock Nerf darts, only the suction cup is slightly different. If I had the Tek 12, I would probably end up mutilating the rotating barrel, and Crayola mod it.

#23482 I Need Help

Posted by Oroku Saki on 04 April 2004 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

He's talking about the other off-brand Nerf guns made by Honey Bee Toys or whatever. I have a pair of their Twin Tek Pistols, but I do not know about the mechanisms in the Tek 12. In my opinion, these guns are way too shitty to modify. I would recommend maybe expermenting with the mechanisms a little bit (Stretch the spring, replace the barreling with CPVC), while keeping the basic mechanisms intact.

#47414 I Love Gw!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

It's not just the president that's causing problems. It's also Congress that's letting him get away with it. Wait until 2006, and hopefully we can have some more partisan balance in Congress.

I find it kind of funny to see that some of the Republicans in office are even starting to realize that some of Bush's decisions are lame. I just hope it won't be too late for them to realize it.

I could sit here all day arguing about political issues, but I will only do that if I feel it is necessary.

Looking at current demographics, I have a feeling that many of the more conservative views will start to die off over the next 20-30 years. During this time period, more younger people will start to take office, replacing the middle-aged rich white guys that are currently running our government. I am sure that many members of the younger generations do not give as much of a shit about certain issues that are such a big deal today.

Additionally, at the rate of our government spending, the US will get to a point where it will have no choice but to either make huge budget cuts, causing other problems, or they will simply go under. I have already read that Bush's 2005 budget is proposing a drastic cut in the Drug War funding, which is another noun-based war that I feel is unfortunately futile no matter how much money is poured into it.

Does anyone know the possible consequences of the government not being able to pay off the deficit?

#47447 I Love Gw!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 February 2005 - 09:35 PM in Off Topic

I support the legalization and regulation of controlled substances, mainly because of the fact that I feel that the drug war is a huge waste of money that could be put into more efficient programs, such as treatment for drug abusers (similar to the things done after alcohol prohibition was repealed). The other reason why I support it is because I believe that whatever consenting adults do behind closed doors is their fucking business, and the government should not tell people what they can and cannot do as long as it does not directly harm others. Besides, government regulation can easily reduce the amount of use of regulated items by minors (carding them). Look at how alcohol and tobacco are regulated. Also with regulation, the government can raise tax money to fund treatment programs for drug abusers, as well as other programs to help our society, not to mention kill a huge amount of the black market and organized crime.

I feel that each generation is getting more and more understanding of consentual activities, and over time, these stupid consensual crimes that people are being arrested for will be nothing more than a memory in the history books. Europe seems to be further ahead of us in that respect (we have more prison inmates incarcarated for drug offenses than Europe's entire prison population), and hopefully our officials will start to get the hint soon.

#32033 I Got A Nerf Gun!

Posted by Oroku Saki on 21 July 2004 - 10:51 PM in Off Topic

Dial-up? The poor soul...

~ompa

Poor Soul? He's a troll! Fresh meat served up by our lovely administrater cxwq!

How are we going to cook up this one? I think we should do it over an open bonfire, with a little marinade. I call leg!

#20061 Hunting For Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 27 February 2004 - 04:18 PM in Articles

Yeah, I believe those are the ad rates in my area as well. BTW, I decided to use my computer to print my own business cards instead, as Office Max did not have the layout I wanted unless I wanted to fork over lots of money. Also, I had to wait several business days before I can receive them. Creating the card on your own computer gives you more freedom in design. I was trying to work on flyers, but my computer always creashes for some reason when I tried to load the software. If I get a chance, I'll swing down to my parent's house to make the flyer, and go out and have copies of it made. My business cards look really kickass, and I hope to start the bulk of my business this coming week, after I get paid and take care of some of my bills. (Power, Phone, Cable, and all that other fun stuff)

#19847 Hunting For Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 February 2004 - 04:30 PM in Articles

Very good ideas, spark. A few other ideas that I have been thinking about would be to put out flyers or place an ad in the local newspapers.

#19918 Hunting For Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 26 February 2004 - 02:24 AM in Articles

Thanks for the insight, Spork. Creating a business card layout is really a matter of personal choice. As in all newspaper advertising, actual results will vary depending on several factors, such as circulation of the paper, as well as the availability of nerf guns in your area, which is almost impossible to measure.

I know that a lot of people on these forums do not like trading on eBay, because of the bidding competition, but I like it because I am familiar with it. I have been working with eBay for a few years now, and have sold quite a few things there. Once I get a few extra guns to trade around, I intend to try trading on the forums for once in my life. I have a good reputation on eBay for trading (except for a recent neutral, and one negative that was left about two years ago), and I hope to also establish a good trading reputation around here as well. Spork, I wish you the best in becoming an established trader, and appreciate the help you have given us.

#19863 Hunting For Nerf Guns

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 February 2004 - 06:00 PM in Articles

When I get the money, I plan to try placing an ad. Today, I plan to go to my local Office Max to have some business cards made, and I might print out some flyers once I get my printer working. (I recently had to re-wipe my computer hard drive) Do you have any recomendations for a decent, professional-looking layout for the business cards? Also, with the flyers, I think it might be a good idea to add tear-off numbers to the bottom of the page. People may be too lazy to write down a phone number or email address, so giving tear-off tabs with your number and email address will definitely help them out.

#19051 How To Get People Into This

Posted by Oroku Saki on 15 February 2004 - 12:07 AM in General Nerf

I just have people over, show them my arsenal, brag about my mods, and then we just shoot each other and stuff.

#39833 How Do I Make A Nerf Faster?

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 October 2004 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

It depends on which gun you are using. Take the name of your nerf gun, do a search, and you will find many mods out there. Looking at the mods section of this website wouldn't hurt either.

#62117 Homemade Projector

Posted by Oroku Saki on 17 August 2005 - 10:35 AM in Off Topic

That's a pretty cool project. One of my friends built a projector a while back, and he used it to play Halo 2 on a huge white wall in his backyard. Pretty kickass stuff....

#29586 Holsters

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 June 2004 - 11:50 PM in General Nerf

If you do look around, there are several different ideas that can be used for holsters. One holster project that I am working on is a cloth-based holster, which will have a few belt straps on it so it can be harnessed practically any way I want, (Example, hip, belt, chest sling, etc.) Also, I was thinking about using magnets instead of velcro to attach the strap holding the gun in the holster. I have several other ideas floating around my head involving harnesses and stuff, and I recently bought one of those portable sewing machines to make my task easier. I just need to get off my ass and get things done, which will hopefully be this week.

#22118 High Velocity Super Gun

Posted by Oroku Saki on 22 March 2004 - 11:12 PM in Off Topic

Spud guns are fun, but if I see you use that thing in a Nerf War, my steel toed boot is gonna be buried up your ass. Once a projectile gets over around 350-400+ FPS, it starts to become dangerous to get shot at.

But all that bantering aside. It is still fun to tinker with higher velocity cannons and stuff. The problem is that so many people do this, and very few significant advancements have been made in spud cannon technology. The designs and concepts have been practically the same for years.

#22346 High Velocity Super Gun

Posted by Oroku Saki on 25 March 2004 - 01:40 AM in Off Topic

Hey, it's fun to blast things with high-velocity stuff, but I really don't understand a practical use for something like this. I can see the significance if you were building say, a homemade Nerf gun, or even a low velocity cannon that shoots paintballs.

Also, I have a question on what type of paintball chronograph you are using. Do PB chronographs even measure this high of velocity accurately?