utahnerf's Content

There have been 256 items by utahnerf (Search limited from 22-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#300697 New Nerf Guns

Posted by utahnerf on 28 June 2011 - 05:15 PM in News

That orange...... fuckin' awesome.

#294426 Angel Breech That Accepts Streamlines

Posted by utahnerf on 12 February 2011 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

Yeah Ice, I'm pretty sure Split wins. He has very high quality blasters. His homemades are superb.

#294236 Angel Breech That Accepts Streamlines

Posted by utahnerf on 08 February 2011 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

Solid writeup bro. I also could not find one that accepted streamlines a few weeks ago, so this helps a lot. I would guess that ranges are similar to angel breeched longshots?

#294464 Angel Breech That Accepts Streamlines

Posted by utahnerf on 13 February 2011 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

..... okay I admit it. Ice and Zack Scott introduced me to modding. Ice's blasters looked pretty cool, so, naturally, I tried modding.

On topic; the last time I used brass, the brass' sizing was a bit off, so my breech didn't work very well. I may have had two different brands, because I got some on Amazon and some at Whistle Stop Hobby store. I'm sure someone else has had this happen before.

#294451 Angel Breech That Accepts Streamlines

Posted by utahnerf on 13 February 2011 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

I meant that he is good at homemades. Sorry, I wrote that incorrectly.

#293121 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by utahnerf on 19 January 2011 - 04:53 PM in Nerf Wars

This exchange is pretty funny.

Anyway, I live in the area as well and I'm interested. This would be my first real Nerf war; I've previously only played in a small house with 5 friends, so I have a few questions.

1) How do you go about retrieving your darts afterwards?
2) Where can I read up on the standard rules one might expect (points, being hit, safety, etc.)

There is a general rule list in the Nerf Wars section. Everyone walks around doing a dart rake afterwards.

#284549 The Snap 7.5 Pump Crossbow

Posted by utahnerf on 01 September 2010 - 11:20 PM in Homemades

Nice design! It looks to be extremely solid and robust. I like that drilling method too, I've used it a couple of times while making slots for breeches.

#296369 Full Metal Nerf Gun.

Posted by utahnerf on 21 March 2011 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

A better idea would be milling, water jet cutting, or laser cutting. Casting is harder than you think (believe me, I've done it.).

#296351 Full Metal Nerf Gun.

Posted by utahnerf on 21 March 2011 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

Somewhere in the Homemades Pictures thread someone made an all aluminum +bow, that's the closest I've seen.

#295276 Pepé

Posted by utahnerf on 03 March 2011 - 09:27 AM in Homemades

What sekret forumz?!?! Also, how heavy is that thing? it looks unwieldy.

#272269 Dart Door V2

Posted by utahnerf on 14 April 2010 - 11:47 PM in Darts and Barrels

This looks like it works great, nice idea. Also, if someone fears air escaping, they could make a double flap, so if the first flap lets air escape, the second won't.

#298636 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by utahnerf on 25 May 2011 - 10:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

Is that better than a regular +Bow?

+++Bow is teh winrar.

Also, FU-BJ, is there a write up on how to make these yet? I would be very interested in knowing how. Are they made out of 100% silicone caulk?

#289555 Pumpsnap A La Rork

Posted by utahnerf on 30 November 2010 - 10:08 PM in Homemades

Damn, I love wood. Looks great, probably functions amazingly. I built one of the MkV revised snapbows, and I love it. I have to try this out, thanks for the design!

P.S. ..... Fuck all the haterz

#293861 Rpmbnb! Updated With More Goodies!

Posted by utahnerf on 03 February 2011 - 10:36 PM in Homemades

Sick dude. Just sick. If it ends up being durable like a regular brand name blaster, there can be endless possibilities. Hooray for advancement!!

P.S., nice job.

Edit: I'm damn excited. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. This is AWESOMESAUCE. No, this is AWESOMER-SAUCE. There, I'm done for now. Oh, and can you post the file please? I would like to bring it to my engineering teacher too, an see if she will let me use it. Anyways, THANK YOU.

#294638 Rpmbnb! Updated With More Goodies!

Posted by utahnerf on 17 February 2011 - 06:24 PM in Homemades

What really excites me is that the possibilities are ENDLESS.

#294653 Rpmbnb! Updated With More Goodies!

Posted by utahnerf on 17 February 2011 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

It's $15 a cubic inch?!??!!?? Daaaang. Cool teacher you got there. I may be interested, but I think you should try making one with Crossbow-like aesthetics and comfort.

#294634 Rpmbnb! Updated With More Goodies!

Posted by utahnerf on 17 February 2011 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

I think that he can do it for free.

#285507 Nerf Barricade - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by utahnerf on 16 September 2010 - 02:43 PM in General Nerf

I'm sure a pretty easy mod would be to replace the motor with a micro rc car motor. For example: Replacement motor. They are out of stock at the moment, but they're cheap as hell. Also, on Atomicmods.com they have a bunch of more powerful motors, with the connectors already attached.

#296497 Nerf Dart Tag Sharp Shot Modification

Posted by utahnerf on 23 March 2011 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

What are the ranges?

#296505 Nerf Dart Tag Sharp Shot Modification

Posted by utahnerf on 23 March 2011 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the trigger/catch design looks like it would warrant a smooth pull.

#279158 Battle Max Markerball Sceptor V1.0

Posted by utahnerf on 01 July 2010 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

That thing looks totally beast, and a semi-auto hopper clip is kick-ass!!

#284796 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by utahnerf on 04 September 2010 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

OK, I can make it on time, just have to leave at 4:30 AM.

#284779 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by utahnerf on 04 September 2010 - 07:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in. I also have a question, I am coming from the Detroit, MI area, so I might be there an hour or so late (I live 4 hours away), would that be okay? I've been waiting for this war for a year, its going to be sweet!

EDIT: I can make it on time.

#286608 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by utahnerf on 05 October 2010 - 04:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Pretty high prices, bro. Props.

#284783 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by utahnerf on 04 September 2010 - 07:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoa dude, 15/32??? Thats like 1/2 inch!! They must hurt like a bitch.

#285172 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by utahnerf on 09 September 2010 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey Buffdaddy, you forgot me! A lot of Americans are coming.

#287133 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by utahnerf on 18 October 2010 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Due to my friend getting leukemia, I'm visiting him this weekend. Sorry guys, but I'm out.

#286612 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by utahnerf on 05 October 2010 - 07:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds yummay for my tummay.

#294145 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by utahnerf on 08 February 2011 - 12:21 AM in General Nerf

I would also like to echo HasreadCoC's question (from the 3rd page of the Ohio Revolution thread) as to the durability of different colors of felt discs from McMaster. (it was mentioned that the green and black felt doesn't unravel as quickly as white) Does anyone have experience to back this up? I have to wonder which dart would have more life, the dart that unravels, but is noticable and easy to recover, or the dart that holds together, but disappears the moment it touches grass.
appropriate to post because I wouldn't be attending. (Wow that sounds like an awesome war though!)

I find the white felt to be annoying as hell, it unravels like crazy. I have found green to be the best. White only has an advantage when being used with dark foam, so they are easier to find. I use McMaster grey foam, and easily find them in grass and on the ground. You can also paint the backs of your darts, I know of many nerfers who do.

#294214 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by utahnerf on 08 February 2011 - 07:45 PM in General Nerf

Fuck it, let's all go to well-made slugs. Seriously, a blind man with parkinsons could make them.

Edit: I do not promote the use of giving blind people with tremors hot glue guns.

#295567 Fomas

Posted by utahnerf on 08 March 2011 - 01:54 PM in Homemades

My favorite part of the gun is the use of the L+L body, because I feel that many homemade air guns lack a nice, solid shell. It is also nice that this body has a great reputation of being solid, and has been revised a few times, to work out issues. All in all, great gun, I would love to own one.

#295435 Fomas

Posted by utahnerf on 06 March 2011 - 01:10 AM in Homemades

I believe that Pvats should be allowed at wars. They are essentially a homemade BBBB/3k/4k/2k/(pin tank), tank. I do agree that it is ultimately up to the war host to decide if they will allow it. Pvats beat shitcannons.

#289502 Talking To The Press.

Posted by utahnerf on 30 November 2010 - 04:55 PM in News

If you get caught talking to press about nerf guns you will no longer be welcomed at Nerf Haven. You will be banned permanently.

So did this happen to Vas? Just wondering, I can't find him on the member list.

#295237 Hornet Tank Powered Longstrike

Posted by utahnerf on 02 March 2011 - 08:00 AM in Modifications

My favorite thing about this gun is the ability to still use clips. The first thing that caught my eye was the positioning of the pump. I can't imagine that's comfortable. Also, instead of barbed connectors you should use the quick disconnect kind. Here is what they look like, you can buy them at Lowes/Home Depot. They are sooooo much better than barbs, no glue involved, no hassle, easily reusable, no leaks, AMAZING. (Also, a bit more expensive, but reusable.)

#293126 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by utahnerf on 19 January 2011 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

Okay, sounds good. I also found Captain Slug's write up on a homemade hard tank. It looks sweet, and operates well, but is expensive. Here's the link for anyone else. DIY TANK

#292804 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by utahnerf on 14 January 2011 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

So how well do those slip connectors work compared to barbs? I am having a hell of a lot of problems with my brass barbed 1/4" connectors. They incessantly leak, and are a bitch at high pressures. I secured them with Plumber's Goop, should I have used super glue? Also, how should I connect 1/4" tubing well to the end of a Hornet pump? Does hot glue work better than Goop?

#292847 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by utahnerf on 14 January 2011 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Ok, thanks.

#292958 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by utahnerf on 16 January 2011 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

I was thinking, could this work with a normal pin tank instead of a backpressure? I was afraid of all of the air going into the At3k tank at once, and breaking it. Would a hard tank work instead of MS bladders?

#292981 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by utahnerf on 16 January 2011 - 10:46 PM in Modifications

Yeah, rigging the trigger to a pin tank is reeaaalllly annoying. Also, has anyone ever made a write up for a hard tank?

#293120 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by utahnerf on 19 January 2011 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

Yeah, rigging the trigger to a pin tank is reeaaalllly annoying. Also, has anyone ever made a write up for a hard tank?

Uhhhh, you know PVC and the fittings that go with it? I have genuine faith that you can figure it out without having your hand held along the way.

First of all, harsh.

I should have worded that differently, I am only unsure of what nipples to put on the outside of the tank, to attach to the 1/4" vinyl tubing. I would like suggestions because I don't want to fuck up the tank.