It's very similar to the QEV blaster that Doom made. The high pressure tank is down-regulated to between 15psi and 30psi to fill the low pressure tank. The Quick-Exhaust valve is piloted and refilled by a 3-way solenoid directional control valve.
Only differences are
1. I wanted to keep all of the pneumatic components metal and pressure-rated
2. 3-way control valve is a 12v solenoid valve
3. Solenoid valve is powered by a 12v battery (AA x 8 battery box)
4. Solenoid circuit is triggered by a push-button switch mounted in a joystick grip
5. Includes a hand-operated pump for recharging high pressure tank, with a stem valve as a quick refill option
I'm also making the 7ci low-pressure tank a modular item so that it can switched out for a higher volume if I would like to be able to fire arrows or foam balls.
Edited by CaptainSlug, 02 March 2011 - 05:48 PM.