Norther of Heaven's Content

There have been 337 items by Norther of Heaven (Search limited from 10-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#180091 Crutch Blast 4000

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 28 September 2008 - 02:19 AM in Modifications

Very cool.. this looks really durable.

#205368 Star Wars Rebel Trooper Blaster

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 01:07 PM in Modifications

I've tried using a stock dart's foam as cushion for the plunger head and i can tell you unless you have it on there very well it's not going to stay on for very long. Good mod, though.

#242077 Tiny Dart

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 15 July 2009 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

Just get FBR, kid. You pay like a dollar per streamline/whatever if you buy from Nerf.
I used to do this, though. When i first got started Nerfing.

#205565 Paint Job Modding Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

I'd take my own advice if i were you.

whoa, hold up. What did I screw up on now?

You just seem like one of those members who always end up getting banned. Just my opinion.

#205476 Paint Job Modding Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

Nevermind.

#205484 Paint Job Modding Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

They have changed the COPA laws, SO now you can be under 13. But it's still u to the Admins to Decide his fate

I'd take my own advice if i were you.

#245898 Ertl Pas Not Catching Anymore

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 06 August 2009 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

Your catch spring/springs have probably slipped out of place somehow. Open it up and check.

Thats not it. Go look at the level 2 mods for the PAS. How could that just slip? And anyways, i've opened it 6 times and thats not the problem.

#245894 Ertl Pas Not Catching Anymore

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 06 August 2009 - 09:44 PM in Modifications

My PAS just suddenly stopped catching one day. I only have the stock spring, and a reduced BBB spring added. I've done the level 2 catch mods and it is still not catching. Nothing is in the way of the plunger rod, but whenever I cock it back i feel it slip over the catch and just slip right back if i let it go forward. What the fuck. Help.

#245911 Ertl Pas Not Catching Anymore

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 06 August 2009 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Check your priming bar it may have bent just enough to not push the plunger far enough back to catch.
It happened to mine so I just made a new priming bar from 1/4in polycarbonate.

That may be it.. thanks for the suggestion.

and i did the brass reinforcements but they ALL broke off after 2 days of drying.

#245921 Ertl Pas Not Catching Anymore

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 06 August 2009 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

Check your priming bar it may have bent just enough to not push the plunger far enough back to catch.
It happened to mine so I just made a new priming bar from 1/4in polycarbonate.

That may be it.. thanks for the suggestion.

and i did the brass reinforcements but they ALL broke off after 2 days of drying.

What sort of adhesive are you using for the brass reinforcements? I used Zap-a Gap in excess and then put them in a vice for a few hours and have had no problems with them snapping off. However, they did snap off before I left it to dry in the vice. I believe the vice is key.

Also, that catch if pretty hard to reinforce. If all else fails, try making a new trigger. It worked wonders for me.

I used clear-weld epoxy. I used zip ties to hold them in place, and i didn't scratch up the surfaces or anything so.. yeah. I don't have anything i could use to make a new trigger, so i may just get one from someone.

#274179 R/c Vulcanmobile

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 06 May 2010 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

Guys, I hate to be a joykill here, but fucking seriously. This poor guy has taken enough abuse. It was funny at first, but now it's just distasteful.

No its not.

#292012 Hoppers W/ Pistols

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 01 January 2011 - 03:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

By what I've heard you need low pressure for hopper clips to work properly. But with that said has anyone ever had a hopper on something like a NF and it work? At all? I'm researching.

EDIT: What, if any, would be the best multi-dart setup for a pistol as opposed to just being singled?

#171778 Longshot Troubles

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 August 2008 - 01:07 PM in Modifications

If thats the case can someone please tell me how to fill up that huge gap that there is between the dtg and the longshot?

You mean once you integrate it? I would think that the DTG would be blocking the gap if you do it a certain way.

#170617 What Does A Sidearm Mean?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 August 2008 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

A sidearm can be clasified as a pistol or similar gun that can be used quickly as a sort of backup weapon.
True Blacksunshine.

#244554 Fitting Swiftnerf Foam Into Omc Petg

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 July 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

I ordered some white swiftnerf foam around the same time as 20 ft of OMC's PETG. I have only been able to get a few stefans to fit in the PETG. In all the threads they say you need to stretch and crush the foam to get it to fit, but i've been doing that and not getting any results. What is the best method to make them fit? I searched and got jack.

#244565 Fitting Swiftnerf Foam Into Omc Petg

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 July 2009 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

I'll try that, thanks for your input Swift.

#244557 Fitting Swiftnerf Foam Into Omc Petg

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 July 2009 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

What is your heating method? Either you are not stretching it enough or you are heating it too much. My method of heating is 10-15 second of indirect heat via blow dryer.

I've been heating it too much then. like 20 seconds and then putting them in the freezer for a few mins. How would you stretch them?

Use med. walled petg.

A little too late for that.

#242144 Sm1500 Turret Improvements

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 15 July 2009 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Lovely! Could this possibly be done with a 2K turret? I've had one laying around for months thats in desperate need of some PETG rebarreling.

I have a friend who owns a SM1.5K that i've been meaning to take off his hands. This will definitely be done once i get it, nice job.

#201759 Pump Problem

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 07 January 2009 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

I'll reveal only this small part about the gun, simply to explain how it may have gotten the problem:

I had to glue/goop/a bunch of other types of adhesive the head onto the pump shaft for reasons. Everytime i started to test the finished pump shaft the head would always break off. So i had to use wire or a small screwdriver to get it out. I may have hit the check valve more than once with one of those things.

#191615 Big Bad Beast

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 November 2008 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

It seems a little bit "put-together" if you know what I mean, but otherwise it seems fine. Got any plans for the 2K's trigger?

#177263 Ls Jam Door Mod.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 September 2008 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

So yeah, one day my LS started making a weird sound like something was rattling around inside of it after i'd added 2 mav springs, a recon spring, and the standard LS spring. If finally fell out of one of the crevices and it was the little piece of plastic that kept the jam door sliding back and forth on the bolt sled.

So if anyone was semi-peeved that the jam door only opened once you primed the gun, theres a quick little fix for ya. Mine broke by accident, but it should come off with a quick job done by pliers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#177267 Ls Jam Door Mod.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 September 2008 - 12:52 AM in Modifications

The great part about this is that i didn't have to open it for this to happen. It just... happened.
And i like the way the door keeps everything looking nice and *smooth*-ish. That and i hate the orange and blue color scheme. Florida? On MY Longshot? I think not.

..GOOO DAWGS!! SIC 'EM!!
*ahem* sorry, we're 3-0 as of today.

#181053 Mega Bow? Big Bad Missle?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 02 October 2008 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

Wow, never seen one fo those before. I have to agree it looks a little awkward to pump, but i'm sure if you switched its position in your hands to pump and then put it back to fire, it would be okay after a little while. Just needs a process thats all.

#181905 Paintball Tank On Broken Recon

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 05 October 2008 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

Um...................................yeah.

#195614 Secret Strike 2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 12 December 2008 - 02:39 AM in Modifications

A few questions:

1. How many fucking 2Ks do you have?
2. Where the KFC do you get them from?
3. Whats the ratio of pump count to output?

#167242 Recon Flashlight Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 07 August 2008 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Very nice mod.

I've been thinking of implementing the Tactical Light (that comes in the pack of micros) into the area below the barrel of the recon, but im having trouble finding a way that it won't disrupt the clip-feed.

#199230 New Style Sm750 Modification

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 27 December 2008 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

... and as for the goop, I didn't want this to be permanent since no one uses Tap Acrylic, and I might want to sell this some day. Keep in mind the pump isn't plugged, and that I'm guestimating ranges.

You do realize that Goop is really easy to get off, right? I have no idea why so many people whine about how difficult that is.

#201629 Pump Problem

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 07 January 2009 - 10:56 AM in Modifications

A pump i have (on a gun which i'm not prepared to disclose just yet) is doing that thing where its pushing back when i try to pump with it. i know theres probably alot of silicone grease inside the pump chamber, but is that the problem? Too good a seal?

And i searched.

#166648 Question About Stefans

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 04 August 2008 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

You're right about the fire power and the reload times. I think they would best be used in a sidearm like a pistol.
That is unless i could have pre-loaded inter-changeable barrels for the gun.

#169097 Semi Auto Firefly

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 August 2008 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

Interesting.

Be sure to report back once those barrels are replaced and such.

#188676 Atf

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 09 November 2008 - 11:50 PM in Modifications

I don't get it: Why would you take it out of the AT2K shell? I mean, it's not making it much smaller, and it's only making the pump vulnerable to damage. And, it seems it would be more awkward to pump. What are the advantages to this modification?

"I had a nitefinder shell that had pretty much nothing in it, and a BROKEN AIR TECH 2000 CASE"

edit:
This also makes the gun easier to aim in my opinion, as well as a less awkward side arm, if you're making an AT2K your side arm.

I've gotta agree, the AT2K shell is somewhat of an awkward shape.

#205203 Recon Experiment

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 January 2009 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

What exactly did you mean by Adding E-Tape to increase spring power?

The only thing i can think of that you could improve is the seal on the reverse plunger with e-tape under the O-ring, but is that even possible without asking for the tube to get deformed?

#203452 Gun Range Question

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 January 2009 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

AT2Ks are:

1. Easier to find
2. Cheaper
3. Easy to Mod
4. Easy to integrate
5. Have wonderful performance when modded
6. Completely Legal.

And they get those ranges.

#209156 Maxblitz

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 03 February 2009 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

Meh, i'd prefer such a bulky weapon as the LB integrated into a more bulky/longer gun than the Maxshot, but it looks very functional regardless. Cool mod.

#238073 Paintshop Help

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 June 2009 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

i'd put down a base coat of yellow first, then work on the black.

#166638 Question About Stefans

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 04 August 2008 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I've been experimenting with various types of ammunition for nerf guns, and since i've never been to a war before, i thought i should ask:

Are all sized stefans acceptable?

For instance if i were to make 3 or so stefans that when put end-to-end matched the length of a standard streamline, would this be acceptable to use in a war? I do this to create a nice burst fire effect. ^_^

#241766 Pas Spring

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 13 July 2009 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Whatever you do, make sure you're able to prime the damn thing before you go through all that trouble.

#173614 Problem With My Airtech 3000

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 30 August 2008 - 09:02 AM in Modifications

If its not a bad O-ring, then maybe plugging the pump will fix it. But check for the O-ring first.

#180138 What Should My Primary Be?

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 28 September 2008 - 01:12 PM in Modifications

it all comes down to wether you want to squeeze out rapid fire shots at decent range or single shots at great ranges. Try them both out as see which works best for you.

#181521 Dt2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 04 October 2008 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

That looks comfy, nice work.