The two goals were to make 1500 turrets rear-loading, and to have absolutely no air loss in the turret.
- 1500 turret.
- 1/2" drill bit or a Dremel bit of the same size.
- Barrel material of your choice.
- Some sort of rubber washer (I just cut down an EaB plunger head, but whatev)
- Adhesive of your choice.
- Glue gun.
- Hot glue sticks.
- Claw hammer or flathead screwdriver. If it pries, it'll work.
Let's get to the mod, shall we?
Pry apart the turret. A pic really ain't needed, just pry at the spring rest:
Bust out yo' 1/2" drill (Or rotary tool!) bit and drill out the barrels. Make the holes as centered as possible. I cleaned it up with a hobby knife after this pic was taken:
Take the other half of the turret and drill out holes with the same 1/2" bit. I ended up using a 5/8" Dremel bit for this, so it's cleaner and easier to load:
Now take four sections of your barrel material of choice and wrap E-tape about 1" from one side. Stuff them in the 1500's barrels and make sure they're flush with the back end:
If your barrels don't fall out when they're turned upside down then you know you have put on enough E-tape. If they fall out, wrap more on until the fit is nice and snug.
Shove FBR (Or something of the like) in the barrels and apply Goop (Or whatever adhesive you use):
Once the glue is dried, remove the FBR and fill in empty space with hot glue. Once that is dry, cut it flush with your barrels:
Now, take the other half of the turret and sand down the rotation mech piece. Once the metal rod and spring are back in place and the turret is reassembled it will be nice and centered, so don't worry about it wobbling at all:
Take your adhesive of choice (I used Goop, which seemed to work out beautifully) and glue one side of your rubber washer/sheet with hole in it/ EaB plunger head. As long as it seals with the other half of the turret and can rotate well, it'll work:
Once the glue is dried, lube up the rubber piece (So the turret can rotate better), close up the turret and you're done!
Glue is drying at the moment, but just by putting the turret together, plugging one end and blowing down the other I can see a major improvement in the seal. By major improvement, I mean airtight or damn close to it.
Best of all, IT'S REAR-LOADING! I'll have a pic of the finished product and ranges up whenever I'm not feeling so lazy. This is being integrated into something Effeminate, and I'm not sure when I will unveil it.
Edited by deaddumpster, 26 July 2009 - 12:39 AM.