Semi Auto Firefly

6 replies to this topic

#1 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

First a history lesson: First Try
My first attempt was an Effeminate failure being heavy, unwieldy, and having extremely inconsistent range. I fixed the first two problems:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The air tank, yellow piece, and green piece all came from an old "paint ball" gun. The gun basically shot water balloons full of paint. The green piece is from the original trigger and is glued onto the firefly trigger so that it releases the air when the barrel aligns with the plunger tube. The plunger is glued directly to the old "barrel" which was basically a round hole where the paint balloons sat. Ranges(14 pumps):
Stefan Streamline
43' 40' 38'
34' 4" 37' 10" 48'
37' 5" 37' 34' 5"
31' 36' 7" 34' 2"
31' 4" 34' 7" 32'
25' 9" 33' 10" 36'
25' 31' 25'
I should add that one of the reasons the streamline ranges are all over the place is the way the darts traveled. The 48' dart was the only one that went straight, the rest spun or curved.

I'm thinking the main thing that needs to be improved is the barrels, and barrel replacements for fireflys have been done before. Also, a better seal between the turret and plunger tube would help. If anyone is interested I'll be selling this along with the rest of my guns.

I should add that I'm selling it as is, and am only recommending modifications to whoever buys it.

Edited by rusty, 14 August 2008 - 01:58 PM.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

It's great that you went back and finalized it! Awesome!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

Interesting.

Be sure to report back once those barrels are replaced and such.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#4 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

i dont understand why you would want one of them. i think the firefly is a good gun alone ( i know its not the best, Don't flame me).

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

This is great! I've always had a soft spot for fireflys, and it's great that you got out some of the bugs. I love semi-auto guns.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

I've sacrificed four fireflies... maybe those old plunger-less heaps are still uselful.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

I've sacrificed four fireflies... maybe those old plunger-less heaps are still uselful.

Ive been trying to build almost that exact same gun..... How many shots will it file when pumped up??

would be interested in firefly shell

Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 14 August 2008 - 05:23 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users