jerm78's Content

There have been 206 items by jerm78 (Search limited from 22-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#219117 Help With Dual Fire Dart Blaster

Posted by jerm78 on 21 March 2009 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

The problem is I'm trying to still use the green handle to pull the cord to cock the gun but from rest to fully extended is a little too short. I tried running the cord some different ways and I get close but not enough.

You can see bigger pictures on my blog.

#198569 Universal Turret

Posted by jerm78 on 24 December 2008 - 01:05 AM in Modifications

know its been done before but this is my version

Posted Image
It fits just about any gun with a coupler and u can make the barrels as long or short as you want
Posted Image

including Mega Missile and sonic bazooka
Posted Image
Posted Image

#210100 Quick Question

Posted by jerm78 on 07 February 2009 - 02:37 AM in Modifications

Has anyone modded one of these to shoot darts yet? It uses a self retracting lanyard to launch its rocket(a claimed 30 feet)instead of a spring or air

Posted Image

#195878 Duel Inline Clips

Posted by jerm78 on 13 December 2008 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

If anyone ever wondered they dont work well. Both darts have to load in the barrels exact or they wont fire wright. The air will take the easiest exit and only one will shoot and not very far. But the one good shot I got off fired 2 darts about 80 feet. I was making this for my titan but tested it with my signal launcher

Posted Image

Posted Image

#177782 Thunderbolt

Posted by jerm78 on 16 September 2008 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

The Thunderbolt, stock gets o.k. range like a Maverick, has lights and makes an annoying sound
Posted Image

A quick size comparison
Posted Image

Inside, the spring is not bad but the plunger tube is small and the hole where the air releases is small
Posted Image

The spring and there is a oring plus a rubber head
Posted Image

There is rubber on the tip of the plunger tube
Posted Image

You don't want to take this part apart, the metal post on the left side of the black thing with the green ring slides in and out so its impossible to push back into the orange turret(I finally found a way to get it back together)
Posted Image

I drilled out the pegs and added a spacer behind the spring to help compress it more.
Posted Image

Thats it for now I will finish modding it later and let yall know about ranges

#173803 Can Any One Tell Me What Gun This Is?

Posted by jerm78 on 30 August 2008 - 09:25 PM in General Nerf

I posted this a couple weeks ago

http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=169962

#181502 Dt2k

Posted by jerm78 on 04 October 2008 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

I never got this gun to work so I decided to put something else inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It gets better ranges than my moded DT but not much better. I think I will have to barrel it to got it full potential.

#199718 Bbbb Turret

Posted by jerm78 on 30 December 2008 - 01:52 AM in Modifications

The turret is from a BuzzBee Mustang six and I just cpvc barreled it. Drilled a hole in the bbbb and reinforced the hole with washers and done
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My other 6 shot bbbb, shotgun style(shoots 6 darts 40 to 50 feet)
Posted Image

#196733 My Longshot Front Gun

Posted by jerm78 on 17 December 2008 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

I still got some kinks to work out with the spring gun and if I pump the BB full the pin wont pull but I'll work them out later. I also need to fill in some empty gaps and paint it but its pretty simple just a BBBB stuck in a longshot.

Posted Image
Posted Image
and the almost finished project.
Posted Image

#253117 Longshot Ar Removal

Posted by jerm78 on 10 October 2009 - 02:08 AM in Modifications

Really? None of the existing LS mods answered this for you?

Go in from the back. Take long pliers and break the three prongs that hold the back of the ar in. The whole thing falls out. Its rather simple when you do it like that.

This is the method I use. It's very easy.

#250283 Raider Cs-35 - Dart Tooth

Posted by jerm78 on 13 September 2009 - 12:56 AM in Modifications

That's great, gonna definitely try this with my new Raider.

#198312 Prototype Air Powered Longshot

Posted by jerm78 on 23 December 2008 - 02:09 PM in Modifications

Thats a cool setup, I got a 3k in the longshot I'm working on but it still has the clip. I will post mine when its done.

#198544 Yay For Me! :d

Posted by jerm78 on 23 December 2008 - 11:13 PM in General Nerf

they are $10 at my Wallmart

#204429 Mm2k

Posted by jerm78 on 18 January 2009 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

cool! wish I thought of it, I got tons of 2k shells.

#197092 The Bbt

Posted by jerm78 on 18 December 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

2 questions:

1) You say it takes less pumps but how many exactly?

2) So your getting average titan ranges, right?

12 pumps fill the tank and it gets ranges like a singled titan

#196879 The Bbt

Posted by jerm78 on 17 December 2008 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

I am posting this for my friend, its a Titan in a Big Blast shell. Its a clean mod and a good way to make the Titan smaller and keep the pump strokes down. It uses the original titan pump but takes less pumps because there are no extra hoses and crap to fill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#194451 Air Zone Cross Bow

Posted by jerm78 on 06 December 2008 - 10:54 PM in Modifications

I moded the stock gun using foam and rubber bands trying to get better range and got like 20 feet so I chucked the internals and made this

Posted Image

I cut the original slider piece in half to attach the pump handle and used the other half to elevate the pump because a piece of plastic needs to slide under it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

the hardest part was attaching the handle from the longshot. I got it on tight so no glue was needed

Posted Image
Posted Image

I used a hanger to attach trigger to pull pin and attached some cpvc for a barrel.

Enjoy.

#195611 Secret Strike 2k

Posted by jerm78 on 12 December 2008 - 02:07 AM in Modifications

A friend of mine came up with an idea and this is my interpretation of it.
Posted Image

I still have to fix the barrel and seal a leak but it works, and of course you pull the pin sticking out the back to fire

Posted Image

A 2k that fits in your pocket.

#256662 Coupler For A Crayola Barrel?

Posted by jerm78 on 17 November 2009 - 11:47 PM in Modifications

I use markers in 1/2 inch pvc couplers. I just wrap the end of the marker with e-tape till it fits snug in the coupler. I use Rose Art markers, no tabs on the inside and they fit Nerf darts perfect but stefans fit loose.

#194492 Air Zone Cross Bow

Posted by jerm78 on 07 December 2008 - 01:51 AM in Modifications

At first I was like "Oh man he made a ls front gun handle the trigger for this"

and then you put an air tank in a monstrous springer for no reason...

I really hope this gun was broken beyond repair before you decided to put an air tank in it...At any rate, nice mod I suppose.

This was not a spring powered gun, it used a crappy bungie cord and got like 15 feet stock

#264020 Buzz Bee Power Bow

Posted by jerm78 on 31 January 2010 - 11:59 PM in General Nerf

I have one and I found it to be useless, but if your up for a challenge I say go for it.

#282987 Super Soaker Iron Man Overhaul

Posted by jerm78 on 12 August 2010 - 10:30 PM in Modifications

Nice! I like how you did yours. I will have to try a 3k tank in mine when I mod another. It really is a fun blaster and easy to mod.

#237556 Question About The Recon

Posted by jerm78 on 19 June 2009 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

When did they start making the black cover on the back shorter. The last recon I bought was about a year ago and I don't remember reading about any changes to the recon. And yes I did search. If it was talked about and I missed it could you point me in the right direction and sorry for the post.

older cover is up top.
Posted Image

#234404 Deluge Squirt Gun To Nerfy Blaster

Posted by jerm78 on 05 June 2009 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

Cool Mod. I picked up one last weekend but have not had a chance to mod it yet.

#237722 Question About The Recon

Posted by jerm78 on 21 June 2009 - 02:41 AM in General Nerf

If you have the long black tube and a newer recon, you can put a NF spring in between the old cap and the new plunger.....

Don

Thanks. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

#197494 Scorpion Bow

Posted by jerm78 on 20 December 2008 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

Basicaly I had a spacer behind the spring(its a heavy duty spring) to fully compress it when primed but it caused the pin that pulls the plunger rod back to break off.
Posted Image

Theonly parts needed is a screw and a nut and maybe an extra spring if you want.
So I decided to lengthen the pull stroke becuse that was the main problem with this gun, the plunger head stops way before reaching the barrel so all the air is not forced out the plunger tube. I moved the cocking pin forward about a little more then a inch using a screw with a nut on the end.
Posted Image

then I sanded down the stops in the pull rails like this, they were just under that hole in the side
Posted Image

then sand down the insides of the shell so the screw won't hit it.
Posted Image

now when you pull it back to arm you can see the plunger rod inside
Posted Image

I put a coupler on and filled the plunger heads holes with hot glue not sure if it will help but it cant hurt.
Posted Image

I then found after arming that the pull did not go all the way to back to original resting position because the plunger rod was hitting the new priming screw so when I pulled the trigger the rod hit the screw before coming to a rest and this was the result.
Posted Image
so the slit in the rod needs to be lengthened towards the barrel(pic comming)

Now it gets ranges like a BBB if not better, I think this gun has a stiffer stock spring
Posted Image

#179691 Tommy 12

Posted by jerm78 on 26 September 2008 - 12:09 AM in Modifications

It shoots about 10 feet less than a Tommy 20

Would that mean it shoots -5 feet? Interesting. There has to be some use for shooting 5 feet behind you. Assassins maybe.

Oh, and is the 3-AA thing a typo?

It takes 3 AA's one is under the two you see

#180396 Dart Tag/pop Shot

Posted by jerm78 on 29 September 2008 - 10:21 AM in Modifications

This is not the finished gun because I can't find a trigger system I like. Not familiar with the Pop Shot, check this post X-Tream Air Pop Shot . I have spent hours messing with this and I'm giving up for now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I glued A o-ring from a AT2k to the tip of the Pop Shot
Posted Image

It's hard to explain the trigger system I'm using now but it's a screw with a rubber head, a spring and a pull cord. I have to open the gun back up to take a picture of it.

Posted Image

I will post more when I finish(If I ever finish)

#179688 Tommy 12

Posted by jerm78 on 26 September 2008 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

It looks like buzz-bee looked at someones tommy 20 minimization... By the way, what is the gun on the top?

Automatic Tommy 20

#179686 Tommy 12

Posted by jerm78 on 25 September 2008 - 11:50 PM in Modifications

For anyone interested I got this at Walgreens for $10 and here are a few size comparisons

It shoots about 10 feet less than a Tommy 20
Posted Image
Posted Image

3-AA batterys
Posted Image

It's quieter than a tommy 20 because the motors don't spin as fast
Posted Image

#174816 Mav2k

Posted by jerm78 on 03 September 2008 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

This is my friends gun which I thought was cool so I figured I'd post it here. He had to remove the barrel rotation part to fit the air tank in. He single barreled it for better distance and plans to cut off the front part and use the other barrels as dart holders. It's not finished yet but here it is.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#199589 Universal Rocket Turret

Posted by jerm78 on 29 December 2008 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

That is amazing, can more than one channel be opened(Or cut open) to allow for a shotgun?

you can cut this piece and make it have 4 openings to get the shotgun effect
Posted Image

#181509 Ertl Rapid Fire Shotgun

Posted by jerm78 on 04 October 2008 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

I recieved a few questions about this gun and while I'm not finished with it I decided to post it. I got it at Bass Pro for $24.99, they had tons of them.

Posted Image

I double stacked the spring with one I had laying around, It was the only thing I had that would fit over the top of the shaft(a NF spring won't fit)

Posted Image

I followed Angels write up mostly but I didn't have to cut anything. The orange tip prys off with a little force, its not glued on. And the locking washers on the turret come off with needle mose plyers. The hardest part was getting the rubber plunger head back on(it has to come off to add a spring) and getting the markers in so they made an air tight seal.

Posted Image

I have not tested ranges yet but its in the same class as my moded BBB and LS. This is a bad-ass gun and if you find one buy it its worth the money. I will post more once I do my range tests

#199435 Universal Rocket Turret

Posted by jerm78 on 28 December 2008 - 08:47 PM in Modifications

Picked this up at TRU for $5 today and made it work with any gun with a coupler.
Posted Image

This is the inside the turret
Posted Image

and this channels the air to the diffrent barrels
Posted Image

all I did was cut the tube and glue cpvc and bent couplers to the inside to channel the air to the write place.
Posted Image

also stock darts fit the barrels perfect
Posted Image

Posted Image

also the inner tubing thats attached to the handle fits titan rockets perfect
Posted Image

#199565 Universal Rocket Turret

Posted by jerm78 on 29 December 2008 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

yes it shoots one at a time

#185433 Air Zone Rocket Storm

Posted by jerm78 on 24 October 2008 - 10:38 PM in General Nerf

From Toys R Us
Posted Image

Posted Image

load the missle on to the orange thing, drop it in the gun and press the big orange button to fire. It has three adjustable positions.

#286763 Need Some Clip Blaster 10 Advice

Posted by jerm78 on 10 October 2010 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

Same problem I had with the Buzz Bee Hunter, all the modding I did and the ranges never really increased. Did you make sure you got a good seal around the cpvc? Other than that cool mod.

#207099 Blogs, Writings, Other Stuff...

Posted by jerm78 on 27 January 2009 - 11:35 PM in General Nerf

My Blog I update regularly with my mods and some reviews

#167676 National Geographic Gun Problems

Posted by jerm78 on 09 August 2008 - 09:10 PM in Modifications

I just got mine and I love it. The release pin is adjustable

Posted Image
Posted Image

#177643 Pre Bent Pvc Stock

Posted by jerm78 on 15 September 2008 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

I got this from Ace. Has anyone ever used it as a stock? I searched but found nothing.
Posted Image