Buzz Bee Power Bow

Worth getting?

8 replies to this topic

#1 GreenyNerf96

GreenyNerf96

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Hey guys, I recently saw a Buzz Bee Power Bow, and it looks sort of like the old nerf Bow n Arrow.

I was wondering if you guys new if its a good buy, or if its just a cheap, unmodifiable blaster.

It was $20, and i also saw a recon for $60 ( :blink: ) a maverick for $20 ( :huh: ) and a lot of 16 dart refill packs for $7. I'm really only interested in the power bow.

Thanks guys, i hope to here you opinion. If you guys think its worth it, ill get it and make a mod write up.

Posted Image

#2 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hey guys, I recently saw a Buzz Bee Power Bow, and it looks sort of like the old nerf Bow n Arrow.

I was wondering if you guys new if its a good buy, or if its just a cheap, unmodifiable blaster.

It was $20, and i also saw a recon for $60 ( :blink: ) a maverick for $20 ( :huh: ) and a lot of 16 dart refill packs for $7. I'm really only interested in the power bow.

Thanks guys, i hope to here you opinion. If you guys think its worth it, ill get it and make a mod write up.

Posted Image

I wouldn't. I read about it before and it's barely modifiable.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#3 flipoffacliff

flipoffacliff

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

No don't get it it just looks like another BnA knock-off. Maybe if it was modeled after the crossbow then get it. What I think is what Buzz Bee is doing taking other brands guns and remoddeling them. Such as the Lanard big salvo, Buzz Bee copied it and made it into the tetrastrike just with different internals.
My sales thread

That is tighter than my butthole. - Ryan201821

#4 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Because, you know, everything people write on the internet is true.

Buy it if you want it. Mod it. If it works, great. If not, you know it doesn't work.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#5 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 823 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Coming from a science background (yay microbiology major), I see it this way:

GO FOR IT.

The worst you can do is absolute failure. But as long as you document it for everyone else, we can see

a) what went wrong
b ) if there's something else you didn't think of
c) that maybe this really is a giant piece of crap

Even if you only get 7 feet out of stefans with this thing, tell us, and show us what you did! If anything, you'll know one less thing NOT to do when modding. That in itself is success in my book.

Edited by Buffdaddy, 01 February 2010 - 03:36 AM.

#6 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

I have one and I found it to be useless, but if your up for a challenge I say go for it.

#7 GreenyNerf96

GreenyNerf96

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:11 AM

Thanks guys, you have been very helpful. I will get it, and document my 'exploration'.

Ill go through the internals, what i modded, if it worked, what ranges it got if it did, what went wrong, what needed improvement. Thanks once again for the help.

#8 polycarb

polycarb

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:28 AM

Is it just me, or is the tip of those arrows what CS used for the "manticore stinger" of the Guru MK.III?

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

Even if the power bow's STOCK internals end up being too small for anything useful, you could always replace the plunger tube with something larger. But considering the prices you would pay for anything from Hasbro, I'd purchase one. I wish they were available locally. I would certainly purchase one.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users