jackster57's Content

There have been 304 items by jackster57 (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#245828 Good Things Happen When You Go To Church...

Posted by jackster57 on 06 August 2009 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

RSCB one or two. Cool find. Tell us how the little basement wars turn out too.

#165408 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 30 July 2008 - 01:09 PM in Homemades

I dont really understand your question. I just cut open the front so I could make a 20 round PETGed clip, but other than that it does nothing to affect performance.

#165599 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 31 July 2008 - 07:04 AM in Homemades

Thanks Guys. This tank has sprung a leak any how so I will redesign it. I have 2 reasons why I didnt want to make CS's tank, reason 1 is COST. CS's tank costs around 90 bucks shipped Thats a lot of money for a DIY tank. I am looking to spend less then 40 bucks on the whole thing. Reason 2 is BUYABILITY OF PARTS. I got all of these parts at my local hardware store.
Thanks for all of your concern with safety. Now that I look back on it I realize how dangerous it was. I will probably make a Hybrid of CS's tank and this tank. But MUCH safer. I have decided to scrap this one.

THANKS AGAIN,

Jackster

#171979 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 24 August 2008 - 08:58 AM in Homemades

[/quote]
I'm wondering if the clip falls back down if you try to fire off only a few shots. You know how the etape mods prevents the clip from falling back down? Well, I was wondering if cutting open the front makes the clip fit loosely so that it falls back down if you don't continuously fire.
[/quote]

Nope. Its fine even with it cut open. It only fell in for me if I shook it when the clip was up, but some etape fixed that.

Thom - Thanks. Also chopping it down makes is have like 7 total screws.

#165370 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 30 July 2008 - 11:04 AM in Homemades

Results....

PSI = 60

Shots = 32

Range = 50 on average ( Non- Banded piston)

Pump time with bike pump = 20 seconds

Verdict = I have successfully completed a LPA tank for under 20 bucks! Expect a write up later today.

Pics-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Write Up Coming....

#165146 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 29 July 2008 - 12:33 PM in Homemades

Thanks for your help CS. I think I got a pretty reliable system worked out. If I do find that I do not get enough volume I will most likely upgrade to 3inch PVC. I am still waiting for all my goop to dry then Ill take a test.

#164976 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 28 July 2008 - 03:35 PM in Homemades

Thanks. Also, does anyone know what the specs of the magstrike tubing are?

#164960 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 28 July 2008 - 02:12 PM in Homemades

EDIT- TANK IS COMPLETED! Scroll farther down for pics. Write up is coming

I have a plan to build (in a way ) a simplified and less expensive version of CS 's LPA tank. I would use this tank on my magstrike only. This tank would let me shoot alot more shots and give me the option of using a double clip.

My plan for this build was to use 1.5'' sch 40 pvc as the tank. Then on one side of this 1 foot or so section of PVC goes an end cap. A bike pump/shader valve gets drilled into the endcap and is made airtight with Plumbers goop. On the magstrike i would connect a coupling to the flexible tubing that comes out of the trigger valve , I would then attach more flexible tubing (about a 2 foot section) to the coupling then attach it to the tank. I would pump up the tank with a bike pump via the shader valve. Then when I pulled the trigger of the MS the air would be let out from the tank to the tubing that connects into the magstrike tank.

Drawing ...

Posted Image

Now for questions.

#1- Would I be able to pump up the tank with out the tubing bursting , considering that the air will be able to flow freely from the bike tire valve to the magstrike trigger?. I would plan on filling this tank up to around 65 psi.

#2 What would the best way be to connect the flexible tubing to the 1.5'' sch 40 PVC tank?

Will those of you that have experience with these kinda things please help me out.

#164990 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by jackster57 on 28 July 2008 - 04:32 PM in Homemades

I just got all the stuff at the local hardware store. Also, thanks for the warning about the PVC. Ill post the completed pic later today. Total cost = 15$ + magstrike

#228820 Problem With Dart Making

Posted by jackster57 on 07 May 2009 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Don't switch to Mile high foam, though. It's horrible with heat, and turns into a horrible black mess.

Don't blame the foam for your inability to correctly make stefans.

I have made easily over 7000 stefans out of Mile High with hot glue and I have melted perhaps 10 and never into a "Horrible Black Mess" just deformed the tips a bit because I put too much glue in too fast.

A LOW TEMP glue gun is ESSENTIAL to making stefans in either the felt/washer method or the BB/Hot Glue method.

Wes's Stefans are a better than yours will ever be. His are half the cost, use white easy to find foam, fly really straight and EVERY single one looks exactly the same. Also with my experience MileHigh foam tends to be quite soft and inconsistent.

#181111 Dremel

Posted by jackster57 on 02 October 2008 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

I have THE 300 series. I would recommend it. It comes with a bunch of attachments in a little box. It came with about 10 cutting wheels and 3 heavy duty ones. It also came with a couple sanders. It came with a SUPER heavy duty case. Its a great little thing. I do a LOT of dremling and it has help up well. I have had it for 3/4 of a year so far and have had NO problems.

#197841 Secret Shot 2

Posted by jackster57 on 21 December 2008 - 07:45 PM in General Nerf

Why use it as a primary when it is small enough to use as a secondary/pistol?

#167735 Nerf Tactics

Posted by jackster57 on 10 August 2008 - 08:13 AM in General Nerf

Okay, Here are some tactics for you!

Tactic #1 - Fix your grammar before I shove your mav up your @$$. But seriously , it hurts my eyes to read.

Tactic #2 - Tactics are sorta non-existant in nerf. Just get out there with some friends and find what works for you. Every ones playing style is different.

Welcome to the Haven. :)

#198256 K'nex Wars

Posted by jackster57 on 23 December 2008 - 07:48 AM in Off Topic

I've got an ASSLOAD of this stuff. Like GALLONS. How can i find interested buyers on that site?

I have been a member of Knex Innovation (KI) for a while now. About selling your pieces we used to have a marketplace that was similar to the trading forum here on NH but I am not really sure what happened to it. Maybe try building a few models then see if you still want to sell them...
I know that the whole knex gun idea sounds lame at first but it is actually really interesting and fun once you build a few guns.
Just Try it.

#198599 K'nex Wars

Posted by jackster57 on 24 December 2008 - 08:45 AM in Off Topic

Oh my gosh this is so fun! I didn't have several parts needed, or I haven't found them in my parts bin yet. So I improvivsed out the wazoo! It was soooo fun! I'll get pics in a few.

*Edit* :lol: I accidently made my gun left handed when I'm a rightie!

Glad ya' enjoyed it. What gun did you build?
I like the enormous element of customization in knex guns. While there is customization in Nerf too the ability the change EVERY single thing about your weapon makes it lots of fun. Normally when I want to fiddle around and be creative I go for K'nex. When I want to just have a simple easy ready to play thing I pick up my nerf.

I don't really know why I just wrote that...
Oh Well.

#241118 Crossbows

Posted by jackster57 on 09 July 2009 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Hell, cars used to be sold for $150 so lets just sell new cars for that same price. Its madness I tell you!
:rolleyes: It's called inflation. Figure it out.

#185461 A2 Quickload Power Blaster

Posted by jackster57 on 25 October 2008 - 06:33 AM in General Nerf

Not Really Sure. Sorry übermench

Mav is to FireFly as PhotonBurstPowerBlaster is to A2 Quickload Power blaster.
Made by the same people. Look the same. Have the same darts. Have the same clip. Have the same design.
Have the same NAME almost.
I would assume it's a springer like the PhotonBurst

#166952 A Short Vulcan "commercial" I Made.

Posted by jackster57 on 06 August 2008 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

Wow. That was the funniest thing I have seen on YouTube scince the Mr.T Snickers commercai.
But really nice job! <_<

#233229 Magstirke Paintjob Gone Wrong

Posted by jackster57 on 29 May 2009 - 05:19 AM in Modifications

Dude, I purposely painted a Magstrike like this not to long ago. Pink/White looks awesome on blasters.

#182474 Cpvc, And Where To Buy

Posted by jackster57 on 08 October 2008 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

Ace , Homedepot , McMaster Carr online , True Value , any local hardware , lowes. Tons of places. And fix your grammar please.

#249987 Nerf Pains

Posted by jackster57 on 09 September 2009 - 06:00 AM in General Nerf

If you are getting sore from being hunched over, than you might want to consider raising your workspace and standing up. It should relive the stress off of your back, if the problem truly is being caused from nerf.

#160471 Camping

Posted by jackster57 on 26 June 2008 - 07:10 AM in Off Topic

http://www.instructables.com/id/%24100-Sup...der-%2410!/

Try that. I did it to one of the Eveready's they sell in the check out lane at home depot. I have had it for about 7 months now and it works really good.

Just my suggestion

#189861 Brass Vs Petg?

Posted by jackster57 on 15 November 2008 - 05:09 PM in Modifications

I also go to ray and robins in Falmouth. I need to use the 17/32nds brass with my new darts (the smaller ones at MenWar)
Brass is good. PETG is good. Depends of what your darts fit into.

#156484 Dart Sizes

Posted by jackster57 on 21 May 2008 - 02:06 PM in General Nerf

I'm just curious as to what you use. I've heard that the East Coast sticks to megas, but I'm not sure.

Not sure where you heard that. We all use Micros.
Megas are marginally popular on the West Coast, but from what I've heard Micros are still primarily used.

Think he probably heard it hear Falcon's Dart Index

But I am not sure...

And to answer your question I stick to micros. Get it??? :lol: Some micros have the little sticky rubber pad that sticks to your TV or windows..... :P

And yes, I do know how lame of a pun that was...

#246775 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 12 August 2009 - 06:46 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys, this thing is going to be really small, so we are going to just kick ass, and nerf most of the day. I NEED people to bring fold able tables to set up. kthnxbai.

I have some foldable tables. May I ask what they are for?

We are not going to use those picnic tables. We are setting everything up right next to the field.

Do we really need tables for that? MENwar is actually the only war I've been to where I put my stuff on a table. I'm sure the ground will be just as inviting as a table for blasters.

Ok. Then the ground it is. Bring foldable chairs then probably.

#246770 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 12 August 2009 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys, this thing is going to be really small, so we are going to just kick ass, and nerf most of the day. I NEED people to bring fold able tables to set up. kthnxbai.

I have some foldable tables. May I ask what they are for?

We are not going to use those picnic tables. We are setting everything up right next to the field.

#247108 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 15 August 2009 - 07:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Cool Guys. Everyone MEET at the normal spot than we will move to the new spot from there. Thomas, I assume you are out? Or what...

#246762 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 12 August 2009 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

#246953 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 13 August 2009 - 08:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the double post, but I have to leave early. I'll be able to stay until 1:00 at least though.

W34K!

#246841 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 13 August 2009 - 06:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Ben, Bad news. Braden has to bail on you for the +bow. Yeah, it sucks. I know. He says that if you wan't one soon that you should just order one online. I don't know what the hell he has been doing for the past month, but he is not very close to being done even. Sorry man, but don't blame me. I don't know if this screws up any of your trading plans or what, but sorry again.

#244127 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 27 July 2009 - 07:14 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty sure I can come, but one quick question: Are singled unplugged chimeras Allowed?

Yeah, I guess. A simple 2 shot attachment would be best though, although I will still let you use it singled.

#246688 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 12 August 2009 - 09:40 AM in Nerf Wars

I am now a maybe, anyone selling darts?

I could make you some. they won't be great, but they will work. fit cpvc good for springer and OK for airguns, 17/32 best for airguns and OK for springers. name a price.

Oh, shit, that reminds me that I have to make myself some darts.

Weather looks good. Looks like the summer of rain has ceased.

Clay has to work. he doesn't know if he can get the day off. I'll update if he can.

Ok. Sounds good. I FUCKED my BBBB with paint. It looks like shit, but still works great.

#244004 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 26 July 2009 - 11:27 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm busy the 8th, but any other date but the 1st should be good. If you can change it then that would be great.

I accidentally put the 8th. I read the calendar wrong, as I am at camp on the 8th. I meant the 15th. You are free then right?

#243983 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 26 July 2009 - 07:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Where:
Royal River Park
Yarmouth , Maine 04096

Google Map -
http://maps.google.c...c5f873862981392

When:
August 15th: If someone has a problem with this date then just post below, and we might be able to change the date.
10 AM ~ to about 3PM

Stuff:

This field is pretty open , with bushes/plants for cover. The park is only 1hr and 45 min from Boston. There is a subway sandwiches/convenience store about 1/4 of a mile down the road for lunch. Lets try to get 12+ people this time. Bring your friends! The summer war was a great time and the weather was perfect. There is a pavilion at the park to put our guns and bags and other stuff, but I am thinking about bringing some card tables and other stuff so that we can set up over buy the school where we had the most fun last time. Just meet at the normal place though. There is a pair of pota-bathroom things in the park. If you have any questions then just post below.

Rules:
No singled titans or sm5k's. Bring 100+ darts. All darts must have a FULL HOT GLUE or felt tip. None of this little hot glue line crap. Wear safety glasses if you are under 18. We'll play some of the standard team deathmatch games, along with some capture the flag, and anything else that we think sounds fun. Please bring more darts than last time, because people started to run out at the end of the day. Also, we will try to do a bit more nerfing this time than last time, with mostly standard team death match in the back area of the park where we had the most fun in July. Don't be a whiny little ass.

The Who:
Jackster57 + 1?
Stuck by Stefan
Wes 7143
NerfDude +1

Maybe:
Thomas
Booky

Come to this War!

#244057 Maine Nerf War #3: Late Sumer

Posted by jackster57 on 26 July 2009 - 06:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I have no plans for the 15th, so right now the date looks good. I'll confirm my attendance closer to the war date. I'll also see if I can interest some more of my friends.

Are you really thinking about skipping, because of the suckage of the last one? You shouldn't.

#268077 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by jackster57 on 04 March 2010 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't make it this date.

#223194 Easter.

Posted by jackster57 on 12 April 2009 - 10:44 AM in Off Topic

Jack and I got kicked out of the park by a guy in a easter bunny suit. They didn't like us nerfing during the egg hunt.

Evil Bunny - "WHAT ARE YOU SHOOTING? IS THAT AIRSOFT!!!!!!!!!!"
Wes- "Um no... Its foam.
Evil Bunny - " ITS EASTER! AND EGG HUNT IS GOING ON! GET OUT!"

That was so funny. Happy Easter.

#251754 Tommy 20, Good Buy?

Posted by jackster57 on 26 September 2009 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

It's probably the best gun. It it really good for snîping and gets like 120 feet stock out of the box, on full auto.

#255827 Stiff Ball Valve?

Posted by jackster57 on 09 November 2009 - 09:03 PM in Homemades

I have had a few like this. Running and submerging them in hot water while opening and closing them seems to do the trick.

#158006 Pbpb Writeup

Posted by jackster57 on 04 June 2008 - 02:19 PM in Modifications

First off , this was purchased at TRU right? Secondly , what was the price of this gun? I searched and cant seem to find anyone mentioning the price.

I guess I am off to TRU this weekend to get one of these.

Any chance of a video?

Jackster