ChiliPepperFender's Content

There have been 353 items by ChiliPepperFender (Search limited from 14-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#160571 Summer Absentees Thread

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 June 2008 - 10:38 PM in Off Topic

STFU. It helps people know that you haven't fallen off of the internetz or died, and helps people planning wars know when you are open without asking. In that way, at least some people DO care. [/argument]

What's wrong with asking? If everyone decides to post in this and tells when they are gone do you really expect someone to look through 5+ pages for when people will be gone. With this thread it just seems like you were bored and had nothing to do so you made this. Honestly, this is a stupid idea.

#169133 Longshot Mods?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 14 August 2008 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

Do you really need to quote all of those posts? Christ.

#173324 The Frankenmaxxx 1000!

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 August 2008 - 12:06 AM in Modifications

Nice mod! Though I don't like the paint job too much and I think that might actually bring down the price. But I'd still say around 50-70$, remember though, a guns only worth however much someone would pay.

I think I'd categorize my self in the section of "too big of a chickenshit to mod their 1k". Mainly because of it's stock value though so I traded it, for what is now the Blue Tiger. (In my sig)

Once again nice mod.

#147925 Nerf Quote Frenzy!

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

"You NERFED me allllllll nighttt longgg" ACDC
"Don't NERF me, mannnn" Guy from Florida who got tazered in front of John Kerry
"Nerfinated" Terminator

Whats the reward?

I believe that quote was actually:
"Don't taze me bro, don't taze me!"
So,
"Don't Nerf me bro, don't Nerf me!

Skip to 1:55

#154411 Melee Weapons

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 03 May 2008 - 03:14 PM in Homemades

If your going to make a melee weapon, at least make it look somewhat good. Honestly, in the first picture, it looks like a giant yellow piece of crap(literally). I still don't get what you were trying to make on the second either. On a side note: Dangaard that thing looks awesome, I'd like to see some of your more recent stuff.

#154849 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 May 2008 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll try that this week.

EDIT: After looking at the end of my plunger where there is no plunger head, it is extremely small, less than a quarter inch. I guess I'll have to find a small screw.

#154864 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 May 2008 - 12:06 AM in Modifications

Epoxy Putty!

If adding a screw doesn't work out with the plunger head, does this sound sensable, to epoxy the plunger head to the plunger then add epoxy putty? Or would adding the putty do nothing? This is all of course, if the screw thing doesn't work out.

#154814 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 May 2008 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

I can make you a custom plunger if you want. PM for details.

There is no real solution to fixing this. Anything will eventually break overtime causing frustration. A homemade plunger is your best bet.

Thanks, I'll pm you.

#154780 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 May 2008 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

I'm still using the stock spring, I thought about making my own plunger but if possible I'd like to keep the stock one.

#154775 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 May 2008 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

I recently got a Crossbow from Mayhem(Thank you), and there is only one thing wrong with it. The plunger head broke off. I haven't seen anyone else have this problem. Does anyone know my best bet in connecting the two pieces back on? I was thinking glue, maybe gorrilla glue? I don't have any experience with epoxy or plumber's goop, but I know they're strong. Keep in mind, the glue has to be able to hold alot, i.e. when the spring is compressed over and over again. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about how it is broken.
Posted Image

Thanks in advanced for your help.

#162332 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 July 2008 - 12:48 AM in Modifications

Ok, so recently I traded Orange a Larami 1k for a SM5k and I'm happy about it. I would have never wanted to mod the 1k in fear of something that rare breaking. When I got this gun it was awesome. The stock feels perfect and I even got 1 pink and green larami to try out the gun. It shot around 20 ft. I read over Frost Vectron's and Silent Blade's SM5k write-up's alot so I basically knew what I was going to do with the gun before I ever got it. I did the regular tank relocation mod and I was very suprised at how easily and smooth that was. Next, I had to shorten the tubing and add some plumbers goop to seal it up.
Posted Image

I also wanted to do a breech like FV's but I approached it so differently. He helped me with the better barrel size I used and I chose 9/16 brass with a 19/32 brass barrel making a seal. Like FV I put 3 in. of pvc over the 3in 19/32 brass. Although, instead of using a PVC endcap and such. I used a nail. Different, but it works. I put a crapload of epoxy putty around that, and believe me, that's not going to fall off. Ok, everyone knows that nails hurt, so I then put some crappy frost king foam on the nail. To add to appearence, I then added some e-tape to it.
Posted Image

The breech itself is just a 9/16 brass barrel with 2.5 inches cut out of it, to put in the dart. Then 19/32 nested brass barrel to cover the main barrel. And as previous stated with the nail ect.. Now the way I cut the shell, I cut it a bit short so I can only see 1.5 inches of the insides of the 9/16 barrel, but it doesn't matter because my darts are 1.5 inches and I slide them to the back with the breech. Here's the shell cut down fit for the breech, also the scope with I cut off.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's anoter picture of the awesome breech opened.
Posted Image

Now to secure the barrel and make sure that it is straight, I did something that Silent Blade did. I put etape around the end of the barrel. Pic time.
Posted Image

Also, what SB did, for looks.
Posted Image

Here's the awesome detachtable stock, but I'll never take it off.
Posted Image

The final product:
Posted Image

This gun is literally the shit. The best gun I've modded so far and my best work. I'd like to thank Frost Vectron for the help and Silent Blade for the basic mod and inspiration.

Now the 9/16 is a bit big for my darts but the 17/32 is way too tight so ultimately I chose 9/16 which is probably why my results aren't the best 5k ranges but they get the job done. Also, my OP valve takes a little big longer to kick in also. With 10 pumps I am acheiving 150' but that's pushingit. 7 pumps is more like it and I'm getting around 120'. These ranges aren't exact ranges, so please don't flame me for them. Anyway, the best part about this gun, is the way it feels. I'd have to put it up there with a crossbow. I own both guns so I'm not just going off what people say. The stock on this gun is extremely comfy. Also, this gun isn't that loud either, other than a small pop.

Sorry for the horrible quality pictures too. Camera phones suck.
Oh yeah, about the name. I've recently bought COD4 and I have a MP5 with Blue Tiger camo and I thought that name suits this gun perfectly. Thank you for reading this if you actually did too. I'm sure there's some mistakes, but I'll fix'em later.

Wow, this took a long time to write. So finally, any questions, comments, flames?

EDIT: I don't want to make a new topic so I'll just post it here, buy my chainblazer!
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#162377 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 July 2008 - 12:33 PM in Modifications

Thaygor: Thanks!

Salmon: I wasn't trying to make the gun look like an MP5. It's just my MP5 in COD4 has Blue Tiger camo which looks exactly like this. I was also suprised how easy this mod actually was. Who knows though, maybe I just got lucky and didn't screw anything up. I don't know if I put it in the description, but I also plugged the pump.

Doubleshot: Yeah, SM5k's are definently good. I have tried a telescoping barrel on my darts before and they results weren't good. But it's probably the way I'm making it or something.

MoonMaster: I know this gun has collectors value, I traded my Larami 1k for it. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Galaxy: Thanks for the compliments!

Uncle Hammer: Your right the Small Soldiers version isn't getting that rare. On ebay a couple of months ago I got a NIB SS SM500 for 25$ plus shipping off buy it now. Yeah I don't think I'm going to sell this gun though. Thanks for the compliments too.

#162554 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 12 July 2008 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Knud-Hansen: Thanks, I was actually suprised too, all I need to do is glue it one.

Retitate & Renegademilitia15: I'll try to make it out, but I've got to convince my mom to drive 2-3 hours for a nerf war though. W@MM was my best bet...considering I live up the hill from MaryMoor, but I had 2 baseball games that day so I couldn't make it...Anyway, I'll post in your thread if I can make it or not in a couple of days.

#162515 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 12 July 2008 - 01:39 PM in Modifications

The hotglue trigger mod is when you put hotglue on the trigger spring, basically making it the same thing as a bic pen mod.

So ya your right.

Edit- Really nice gun BTW. But it seems like loading the dart into the breech would be a little difficult. How far is the plastic from the brass breech. In the pic it looks like it's an inch, so what happens if you miss the breech? Or maybe the pic's decieving....

When relocating the air tank, you get rid of the trigger spring so you can't really do the BIC pen/hot glue mod.

In the begining I only cut the plastic for the breech to go about 1.25 in. so I redid and cut more, as you can see in my latest pictures. Now it will open 1.75 in. My darts being 1.5 in this is a perfect size.

#162414 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 July 2008 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

10 pumps??? Wow, I've only pumped mine up 5 before and even then it can break glass with a dart tag dart. I can't imagine going that far.

Literally, four pumps from my sm5k is big blast power. I'm amazed that you can safely pump yours up that far. I wonder what the difference is?

Did you do the hot glue on the trigger mod? So it lets all the air out at once?

The OP valve kicks in around 7-8 pumps.

I'm intrigued. Hot glue on the trigger mod? Like a BIC pen mod? Please explain.

#162402 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 July 2008 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

Retiate: Thanks for the compliments! This is the exact same stuff I used. Same package and everything. I got this from Mclendon's Hardware in Kirkland, since you live in WA that's probably near you. The nail as a handle is holding on very well. The putty is like a rock, it's not coming off.

Later today I'm going to try and get some higher quality pictures, since yesterday I've made some changes after range testing last night. I opened up the gun again because everytime I'd open the breech the barrel would move, to fix this I filled the end of the barrel with FBR to keep it nice and straight.
Posted Image

Also, I wanted to be able to open the breech farther so I cut the casing a bit more, now it works much better!
Posted Image

#151920 Ttg Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 18 April 2008 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

And by the way, sorry this sounds kinda noobish, but what does TTG stand for?

Tech Target Gun.

#154811 Crossbow Plunger Head

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 May 2008 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

If you are intent on using the stock plunger, may I suggest attemping to create another plunger rod out of polycarbonate and then holding the stock head on with a some kind of fastening device?

I've never machined anything out of polycarbonate. I'll keep that in mind.

I'd recommend screwing it in from the front, and then epoxy-ing the crap out of it, as it will probably have some exposed threads.

What do you mean by screwing it in the front?

#150470 Kids Stuff Bow And Arrow Write Up

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

Cool mod, I've never seen this gun before.

#146172 At3k Or Recon

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 04:57 PM in General Nerf

Toys R' Us still sells AT3K? The last time I went they didn't sell them or even have them.
On topic:
I've never had an AT3k but I have had a 2K and those guns are the air tech line is good as opposed to the N-strike line which isn't. I have the recon and let me tell you, it sucks. Get the AT3K, plus you get two of them. Bonus? Yes.

#151553 Ttg Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 16 April 2008 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Geez, how many more stock guns do you have? Nice mod by the way.

#148249 Has Anyone Made A Working Rifle Scope?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 30 March 2008 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, a working scope won't benefit a nerf gun. Also, if you want to see one made and challenge other people to do so, why don't you take a stab at it?

#150896 What's Your Fav Stock Dart

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 01:31 PM in General Nerf

As keef said, tagger darts are my favorite too. Streamlines go further and fly faster but they are very unaccurate.

#176346 Sought-after Guns

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 September 2008 - 12:10 AM in General Nerf

Sercret Shot 2's are the sauce. Get one, now. Crazy range. Pistol package, what's not to like?

#144357 Recon Ar And New Barrel Replacement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 08 March 2008 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

guess what!!!
u can take the light thingy 4 da recon, take out all the internals, and stick a laser pointer in there.
as long as the lazr pointer has a .5-inch diameter, you an also put .5-inch pvc under the barrel of some guns and stick the laser pointer in there.
just grab some half-inch laser pointers, half-inch pvc, and you're good as far as pinpoint shootin :w00t:

there, i have now left my mark on the nerfin' world.
you're welcome

DMQ

"the only thing we have to fear is if the ninjas are coming"

"walk softly, and carry a big juicy steak."

Um, you might want to work on your writing skills. I'm pretty sure "u can take the light thingy 4 da recon" isn't correct. Also, use capitalization and avoid aim style spelling.
Oh and the most important thing is to read the Code of Conduct, which you obviously didn't. Sorry if I'm back seat moderating but you won't last long if you keep writing like that.

#163647 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 July 2008 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Wow, that's totally insane. Great work. I'm going to have to integrate mine on to something now. I love the Arachnophobia series, keep up the good work!

By the way, where do you get your barbed fittings? All I can find at Home Depot is bing connectors and brass barbed fittings which don't work too well. Also, how long are your Big Salvo barrels

#149740 Disk Shot Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 April 2008 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

Nice mod(s), Keep it up. Any hints to tell us what's next?

#158425 Xbow Plunger Reinforcement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 08 June 2008 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

Nice new plunger rod. Thanks, you've just enticed me to fix my xbow now.

#146206 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 March 2008 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

So this is basically a Big Salvo combined with a SMDTG to make it shoot three barrels and the range of a Salvo? Also, what is the barrell on the bottom for? Is it the Big Blast one?
Anyway, I think this gun is absolutely awesome! Nice job!

#151376 My Recon M16a4

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

That looks awesome, nice job. I was waiting for that guy who was doing the paint job to finish it also. I really like the red dot idea, I may do it just for looks, not to mention I have 2 ls scopes sitting around.

#146054 Easy Airtech 2k Barrel Replacement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

I'll try this mod, I have a spare air tech 2000 laying around. Although, I have only one medium walled 12 in. piece. Do you think that having mod man's Petg will affect this mod? As opposed to OMC's.? Anyway, nice mod if the ranges are correct, but I think you are more than likely to get flamed for this.

#245822 Star Wars Rebel Trooper Blaster Mk. 2

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 August 2009 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

Wow, that was the coolest write-up I've ever seen. Nice use of the expo board too and good drawings.

#146024 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Anytime you get the chance, but one. Stock, it's not bad for indoor wars with the turret and good stock range. Modified, it would be good for indoor wars as well, but it's more of a novelty gun than anything.

Um, I think you want to buy one, not but one. Anyway, it's nice to see a mod about the air tech 1000. Good job deaddumpster.

#146077 Easy Airtech 2k Barrel Replacement

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

ChiliPepperFender: Having Mod Man's PETG could very well make a difference. OMC's medium wall has an inside diameter of .548". Thick walled, which has an ID of .528" wouldn't work for me so if it is has similar dimensions as medium walled PETG it might work. As for the ranges, I did them hastily because it was getting dark so I didn't have time to test very well. I would like to point out to everyone again that I am not backing these ranges and am skeptical of them myself. Which is why I am going to spend my day off tomorrow to test it more.

Squilt: You can ramrod the dart down the barrel or you can take off the barrel and put the dart in from the rear and then put the barrel back on. But honestly, ramming the dart would work better I feel.

umdlancer: As I stated in my post, I am using a one foot barrel. I used 1 foot because I just wanted to experiment with the medium walled PETG. I started to mod nerf guns about 9 months ago so I really have no clue as to how good a range this gun has compared with similar airtech mods.

I just swapped on a 6 inch barrel and it seems to shoot just as hard, I will range test with it as well tomorrow.

Alright, well it's medium walled but I don't know the ID of it. Let us know your results.

#182751 Favorite Air/pump/ Gun?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 09 October 2008 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

SuperMaxx 1500
SplitFire
Blast Bazooka (I've never had a trigger break)

MARVELOUS SALVO

I'm surprised you didn't say any of your arachnaphobia guns.

My favorites are my Blue Tiger/Splitfire hybrid and my Manta Star, hands down. I may have to get a MS on my Blue Tiger pretty soon and get rid of the SF.

#152826 Reactor Modification.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 April 2008 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

Another great write up, nice job.

#150400 New Pictures Of Dark Knight Batman Blaster

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 10 April 2008 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

That gun looks sick, I want one.

#151358 Smdtg

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 15 April 2008 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

Recently I was looking through the modification directory and I saw that there wasn't a mod for a SMDTG. Although, I believe Bag's may have done something with it. Anyway here's my SMTDG mod.

Materials:
-SMDTG
-1 ft of17/32 brass
-Hot glue
-Hot glue gun
-Screwdriver
-A tool to cut brass (dremel)

Here is one of the guns completely stock:
Posted Image

First open it up:
Posted Image

After this there is a semi-hidden screw right here:
Posted Image

Here is the op vavle, you can hot glue it or cover it with tape:
Posted Image

Next, take out the air restrictor's and the peg which are here:
Posted Image

You take out the ar's and peg by removing the screw that was previously shown. Removing the screw, took off the stock orange barrels. This is what it looks like with the ar's/peg in and no stock barrels on:
Posted Image

Don't forget to take out the springs too!
Posted Image

Now cut your brass into four 4 inch sections like so:
Posted Image

After this, hot glue them inside of the gray part of the gun. This was where the stock barrels was on. Now reasemble your gun with the new barrels. It should look like this when done.
Posted Image

This is a very simple and easy mod that gets good ranges. My barrels are slanted downwards, however, which made the results less. Not to mention the fact it's 45 degrees and rainy in Washington. Ranges were roughly 55-65 ft flat with 15 pumps. I'm definently going to do this mod to my other gun, as well as integrate these into something spectacular. Hope you liked it!

Questions, Comments, Flames?

#148250 Ancient Crossbow-like Gun.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 30 March 2008 - 09:41 PM in General Nerf

that's a weird looking gun :? if it didn't have the trigger, I'd say the kids would shoot out their eye while pumping it :mellow:

That gun is a springer, note the huge spring. So he doesn't "pump" it he "cocks" it.

#147668 Nerf Convention

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 12:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow, this would be pretty awesome, although I doubt many east coaster's would want to fly all the way out for a convention in Seattle. Although, I wouldn't want a room and would rather just drive there because I live in Washington.