I know similar things have been done before, but there are no writeups to be found on NH. Anywho, without further ado...
Here's what you'll need:
- Airtech 1000.
- Four 3.5" sections of PETG, Brass, PVC or CPVC.
- Epoxy, Fishin' Glue, Goop or whatever adhesive you see fit.
- A Dremel.
- Utility knife.
- Small Dremel grinding bit and cutting bit of your choice.
- A screwdriver.
- One 5/16"x7/16"x1/16" Rubber O-Ring.
Okay, let's get to work by opening the blaster up. There's a plastic ring that keeps the back together, just cut through that with a utility knife:
Looks like how you would think it looks, doesn't it? Now let's get to the modding!
The turret will be the first part of business, now take it out. It will look like this:
Bust out your Dremel and cut off most of the pegs, but keep enough for E-Taping later:
Next, you'll need that small grinding bit I mentioned earlier. With it, make the Airholes in the turret a bit wider. You could also use a drill with this:
Here's that E-Tape I mentioned earlier, just enough for the PETG to fit snugly on the pegs:
Now, bust out your adhesive of choice and apply a layer of it on each of the E-Taped pegs. Then, shove the barrels on and wipe off any excess glue with your finger:
Leave the turret to dry, now let's get to work on the plunger tube. Pull it out of the shell, here's a pic of the front end, which is what we'll be focusing on:
Pop out the rubber tab that seals the plunger tube and turret. Now, it will look like this:
Bust out your Dremel again, remember to wear protective glasses, work gloves and tighter clothing so there's nothing in your way that could get caught on the wheel. Dremel out the end of the plunger tube so it looks like this:
If you're this far into the mod and don't want to do it anymore, TOO BAD! Dremel out the shell to allow the new O-Ring to fit:
You're almost done, cover the end of the plunger tube in glue. Just a thin layer so the O-ring will fit on:
Put the O-Ring over the end of the plunger, it will stretch a bit, but it should fit. Finally, fit it all back in the shell and use a screwdriver or some other tool to push the O-ring against the turret as best you can without getting any glue on the turret itself:
Put the other side of the shell on, screw it back together and you're done:
Ranges: After hitting my wall with amazing power (at least for a 1K), I went out to test ranges. With a couple 20' measuring tapes and a 120' backyard, I did a few tests. All of which were done with a 1.5" Sluggy-Type Stefan in fairly warm weather (it was humid, but not too humid) and little wind:
Average range: 45.2"
I sized down the pics, so if they're too big it's probably your monitor.
Anyway, hope y'all like the thing. DD out... Poof.
Edited by deaddumpster, 12 June 2008 - 06:30 AM.