mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 06-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#197727 Are We Nerfers Nerdy?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2008 - 12:40 PM in Off Topic

Not really. Nerfing is probably the only "Nerdy" thing I do. I don't think it is nerdy, but some (most) people who do not nerf would think it is. Other things I do:
Hockey
Scouts
COD WAW.
I don't think most of the people I met at HbH were nerdy at all. FA_24 is a body builder type, Tank Rat has a lot of piercings/tatoos, dumpster seemed like the track/running type. No, In general, I do not believe that nerfers are nerdy.

#153412 Are You Serious?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 April 2008 - 12:42 PM in General Nerf

Yeah. Complete BS. It makes Ice look like a prophet of truth. No way did he fit 5 springs in there, unless he just shoved random springs in places. The way it hit the camera, I can tell that the range is maybe max 95ft. A 200ft ls would have broken the camera. Don't believe me? take a titan and shoot your camera off a dresser, and see if it survives. It won't.

#183445 Armetorreta

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 October 2008 - 11:43 AM in Modifications

I did a very similar thing, but with a 3k, HERE

#154906 Ask Yourself

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 May 2008 - 03:24 PM in Off Topic

Id mod one if I were you. Keep the rest. But who knows, I don't think they are going to phase out the NF anytime soon, and it took the LNL years to become the popular gun it is today. By then you may no longer nerf. And With your huge sale, you could easily afford new NFs.
By the way, you don't have to put the goofy code after the name of the gun.
Example: Maverick Rev6. Leave out the rev6. Everyone will still know what you are talking about.

#193083 At2k And At3k Tanks

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 November 2008 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

In the words of keef: " IF I hear one more time that someone gets 100ft out of an AT3K, I will beat a baby with a broken crossbow".
I hit 110 consistently with my TURRETED 2k that has the airflow mod and tank extension. 3Ks will never hit 100ft. At HbH, I was using a 2k, and Rixon was using a 3k. I was outshooting him everytime. At the end I was using some ass darts to try to hit a garbage can 100ft or so away. I could hit it with my 2k, but not the 3k.
The 2k tank is smaller, but releases air faster, making for higher range. 2ks are BY FAR the best guns in the airtech line.

#172971 At2k Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 August 2008 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Awesome, though I think under the mod directory, FA_24 has put using a turret as a clip. Awesome though. Im definitely going to do this when my 2k gets to me.

#154492 At2k Pistol? [pictures On Pg2]

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 May 2008 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

That's sick. I did this with some off brand gun a while back, and had it break during a firendly war I had with some friends. Good job.

#154561 At2k Quad Mod Writeup (pvc)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 May 2008 - 12:02 PM in Modifications

Fugly. 60ft isn't great for a 2k though. I thougt that they went more like 80-90. If not, pretty cool mod.

#154947 At2k Question.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 May 2008 - 07:40 PM in General Nerf

I don't actually have an at2k, but I was wondering how long the pump tube is exactly? I need to know so I can substitute a different gun in for an integration.

#215320 At2k Stock V.2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 February 2009 - 06:39 AM in Modifications

Anyone who was at HbH2 will likely remember my AT2K. I also had a coupler glued in the back, and I had a stock made out of CPVC. Well, it broke off first round. The coupler stocks just aren't sturdy enough for wars. If you wanted it to be sturdy, I would reccomend epoxy puttying the stock into the coupler.

#189456 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 November 2008 - 12:17 PM in Modifications

CRAP!!!!! That is amazing. The cursing is because ever since I started using AT2Ks as my primaries, I have removed the goo gauge. I chop them off and glue the tubing directly into the tank.
I do have 2 stock ones, so I will most likely try this. I can't on my primary 2k as it is RSCB'd but the others, why not. It seems to work. Excellent job.

#195482 At3k Help!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 December 2008 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

Please, use the edit button! That is your second TRIPLE post in this thread. Happy you got it to work, nice to see another canadian into nerf.

#146111 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 09:10 AM in General Nerf

I remember reading an article long ago about the advantages of an AT3K. The AT3K really may be the best all around primary to carry around. While reliable springers (like the crossbow) are great, if you miss, you can be in a tight spot. The AT3K's auto-rotating turret does a lot to help this. It also gets great range. Pretty soon I'll be posting my version of the "one pump" AT3K that is so awesome it's almost unfair.

Ill look forward to that.
I attempted your truly awesome SSM mod, but failed, so I integrated it into my LS.
Works like a charm.
Back on topic, I didn't know that the AT3k had an auto rotating turret, as TRU's description made it sound like a manual rotating one.

#146103 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 08:51 AM in General Nerf

I play with my friends, and I kind of go all out not really on one type of playing
I use my modded LS with a switch shot max integrated for a primary, and my ppk'd NF for a secondary.
The AT3Ks come in twin packs, while the recon is obviously by it's self.
Both are 19.99 at TRU.

#146135 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 11:17 AM in General Nerf

Thanks everyone. It looks like the twinpack is the best option. Im going tomorrow as TRU is closed due to good friday. I will watch the poll until then and whatever gun wins is the one I will get.
Thanks again.

#146254 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 March 2008 - 09:45 AM in General Nerf

^Because he's a kid.

/thread

Im a kid who obviously has more intelect than you, judging by your 4 word symbol filled posts.
I have a certain number of dollars I limit myself to to spend on nerf a month. That is 35$. I bought a LBB earlier this month, so that leaves me with 25$. In my bank account, I have at least 500$.
Thanks

#146189 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 06:47 PM in General Nerf

how bout both?

Im currently broke, have about 25$ dollars.
I can only really afford one.

#177717 Automated Foam Cutter - New Pics/vid

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 September 2008 - 11:19 AM in Darts and Barrels

Holy Damn. That is the best invention since condom and the crossbow. Man, if I had one of those, my life would be a hell of a lots simpler. Any chance of making plans available to the public?
AWESOME!!!!!

#168218 Barrel

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 August 2008 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

Most people do not use copper. The whole point of a barrel replacement is to have a better fit on the darts, to build up sufficient pressure behind the dart to propel it farther. Oh and fix your spelling, and capitalization, and don't use abbreviations such as y for why. It is all in the code of conduct, which you should read.

#226034 Barrel Length Of Bbbb Rcsb Clipped?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 April 2009 - 07:50 AM in Modifications

Just to clarify a little: Your dead space is preventing the 130ft ranges you seek. You may be able to get 130ft out of a single'd PLUGGED BBBB, but never out of a even single'd unplugged BBBB. Your ranges are exceptional for not having the pump plugged, and having an RSCB clip on it. My RSCB BBBB maxed out at 85ft. Im unsure if you could plug the pump on this, depends on what war you are attending. Some may say it is OK due to the added dead space, therefore a decrease in range/power.
Onto your barrel: You are using CPVC, if my eyes do not decieve me. CPVC can be a great barrel material, but not for air guns. Perhaps your FBR is really thin, but usually, PETG or 9/16 brass is better for airguns. Airguns= looser barrel material. 1 foot of CPVC will probably kill some range, try switching the barrel material or cutting down the barrel to 8 or 9 inches.

#151667 Barrel That Shoots Stock And Stefans.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2008 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Im sure someone has probably done this before, but I found a neat way to shoot stefans and stock darts, and not just stick the stock dart in the end of the barrel. On this barrel, the darts go all the way down, and it has a good fit at the bottom. The way you do this is get 8 inches of PVC, and 3 inches of petg or brass. Then you glue the petg or brass into the bottom of the PVC and you are done. This enables stock darts to slide all the way down the PVC, and also provides the tight fit on stefans that PVC does not provide.
Cool idea or stupid waste of a post?

#151696 Barrel That Shoots Stock And Stefans.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2008 - 06:26 PM in Modifications

Read my name. Innability to make stefans is my middle name.

#151681 Barrel That Shoots Stock And Stefans.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2008 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Sounds ok but you'd have to build a mega long ramrod to do it.

Last I heard fingers aren't eight inches long. <_<

The stefans slide down fine, and the stock dars can be blown down easily.

#225672 Bbb Coupler Writeup

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 April 2009 - 03:51 AM in Modifications

I had always wondered how 3/4 CPVC worked acting as 1/2 PVC.... Are the OD's the same? If I am not mistaken, PVC is measured by ID, and CPVC is measured by OD. Does 1/2 CPVC fit in 3/4 CPVC? I would expect that it does, but again I may be mistaken about the measuring method.
Good job, hope to get shot by it at mass4.

#157684 Bbb Mod Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 June 2008 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

Keef is right about the coupler. They are the best, and if you nest something in them, will be awesome with micros. If you want to use megas like I said, I would just use the PVC. This Roseart thing sounds interesting, but the better seal gluing it would give is really not going to add 20ft to the range. I would PVC coupler it if I were you.

#152623 Bbb's And Crossbows

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 April 2008 - 02:42 PM in Off Topic

I personally hate 3bs. The only thing that I have ever done one to one that was integrate a 3k. That only shot about 67ft average anyway.
I would pick an xbow over it anyday.

#208156 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2009 - 09:10 AM in Modifications

I must have this gun. The ROF and belt capacity is the one thing that amazes me. Good job on the Modifications.

Where did you get it?

ONly available in Canadian walmarts now. Pm rokor if you want one.

#208545 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 February 2009 - 07:26 AM in Modifications

No, front handle is staying in place. I may integrate a 2k, but this think is really pissing me off, I have tried 4 replacement springs, and they are stronger than the stock, but somehow DECREASE range. Makes no sense.
Ill update this with part 2 hopefully this week.

#208151 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2009 - 08:45 AM in Modifications

Looking forward to something awesome from this blaster, so keep working on it! Good start to it, but I want more range!

Im sure the range will go up once I add the new spring (It was a replacmemt for my sawtooth, which also has a tiny plunger tube) cut off the front of the gun where the faux barrel is, and work on the shells a little more.
I think this thing could break 70ft with enough mods.

#208014 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

Ok, as K9turrent described, the BBCB is a pretty good stock gun. I can vouch for it hitting 30ft flat on several occasions out of the box. Well, it's time to change that to something a little higher.
STEP 1. Remove all your screws. There are an obscene amount. No caps or anything. Here is a pic of the internals to reference:
Posted Image
So go ahead and rip out the plunger tube. One thing I found iteresting is the spring (which is pretty weak, I actually do have a replacement for it) is tapered at one end. One end is wider than the other. Fit a dremel drill bit into your dremel and widen the hole at the end of the plunger tube:
Posted Image
Don't over do this. It will ruin the seal with the shells. I also liked how all the moving parts were very well lubed. There was no need to apply lube to the plunger head. Put some etape on it, but I was out so I didn't.
Now, believe it or not, we are done with internal modifications. Close it up, and make sure it rotates well. I haven't had any skipping problems, it is like the razorbeast on crack.
Next, the shells. Well, they are buzbee shells that snap together. They have huge restrictors. When I put my hand on the end of the barrel and fire with no dart, I can feel a good burst of air hit it. With a shell in, nothing. Take that same dremel drill bit and take it to the hole in the back of each shell. Make it look something a little cleaner than this:
Posted Image
There is a ring on the back of the shell, get rid of all the plastic in that, and drill out the barrel post.
Now take your dremel sanding bit and sand the shit out of the inside of the shell, enough to fit some PETG in. End result should look like this:
Posted Image
Now take a small piece of 17/32 brass and cut it to about 1/2 inch. Glue it into the back of the PETG:
Posted Image
Cut the PETG down to just overlaping the end of the shell:
Posted Image
Hot glue it in there. Clean up any residue glue on the lip, or it won't rotate properly.
Rinse and repeat 29 more times. I only did it twice before doing the write up. I did one without the brass too, accuracy went up.
You are done now.
Now the part you have all been waiting for: Ranges.
I don't have a good length halway in my house, nor an open area to test it in. My longest hallway is 35ft long, and the darts hit the end of it with a bit of drop and a good smack. Im going to guess 50-55ft. The spring can definitely be replaced, and the plunger seal isn't the best either. The faux barrel also kills range a bit.
Expect another episode of the BBCB in a few days.

#208020 Belt Blaster Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

Nice first mod for a new gun. I think there will be a whole sleu (sp?) of mods that will make this gun a serious primary. Nice work! Any ideas to make this gun fire stefans?

-Loni

The shell mod removes the post, so it does fire stefans. The ranges posted are tested with 1.5 inch 3/0 fishing weight stefans.

#259709 Berserker Fusion! Daikaiju!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 December 2009 - 02:47 PM in Modifications

The problem with flexible connections on the outlet of any firing port is that they're ... flexible. When the blaster fires, it will absorb part of the energy.

I think he is reffering to the straw mod on the mav: Putting it inside the plunger tube, in this case the CPVC. Wrapping it in tape a bunch of times and gooping it into the cpvc connections might improve ranges.
I really like this, I hope beserkers come to Canada soon.

As for the pump, just do like Rork does with his decrapified MMs. The pump can be in the same place.

Just for clarification, you pump the gun, cycle the shotgun style grip at the front, and then fire?

BS: added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole momentarily

#163112 Best Air Tank In A Gun?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

Yeah SM3k tanks suck. I have had 3 have the exact same problem as you. I would go with a 2k tank, or an at3k tank, as I like those too. If you really want to be classy, a SM1.5k would work really well too.

#195916 Best Stock Gun Available?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2008 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

The gun with the most range out of the box is definitely the BBB. They said it shot 60ft out of the box. It shot 50. That is pretty amazing for a stock gun. Worst was probably the AT3K. Shot about 10ft.

#259496 Best Way To Seal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2009 - 04:33 PM in Homemades

Hot glue won't EVER cut it. It may seal for a bit, but it isn't meant to hold pressure and will weaken over time. Goop is my sealant of choice, but epoxy works too. Vinyl tubing will bond to almost all nerf plastics with pvc/abs solvent weld. That shit won't EVER come off. Be sure to sand down the parts you are epoxying tho. Don't do that, and the epoxy probably won't work.

#174080 Bf 1942?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 September 2008 - 08:07 AM in Off Topic

After playing Battlefield Bad Company and loving it, I decided to go back to the roots of the Battlefield series.
I have an old copy of BF:1942, but no CD key. I have run it through the hack to be able to use any key, but the online ones, the ones you can get online, don't work for some reason. My cousin did this too, and borrowed his firend's CD key, and it worked. I was wondering if anyone who has this game would lend me their CD key.
Thanks

#263384 Big Bad Bow - Replaced Internals

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2010 - 07:29 AM in Homemades

I'm really impressed, I LOVE IT. I hope it arrives today.
I am gonna slap a bitchin PJ on this. I don't think that I have any guns that punch through cardboard at 5ft, let alone 15.
For the record, Zorn is a great person to do a contract with. His pricing seems reasonable (I traded for this, so I may not be the best judge) and as you can see from the photos, his work with homemades is top notch. I am honestly speecheless to see how much work went into it. More than was let on in PMs.

#198944 Big Bad Bow Diminished.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2008 - 09:50 AM in Modifications

If you did use vaseline, The plunger head is probably mangled beyond repair, as petroleum based lubricants eat away at rubber. I have an extra BBB plunger head lying somewhere, Ill bring it to massacre 2 if I end up going.

#159834 Big Bad Bow Nitefinder Integration

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 June 2008 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

Oh no. Not another knock off guru..... General Cole got flamed to the point of tears after he even started calling his xbow "Bob the Guru"
Something to watch out for P.C 3. Nice ls though. I see you play COD4, hence the blue tiger PJ.

Yeah about the integration.. I like it. I did the exact same thing, but I sawed off the front handle of my DTB instead of BBB. It works nicely, though outranges the DTB, so that isn't practical.

#233038 Big Bad Bow Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 May 2009 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I'm in the process of doing this. I started it when I saw your post in the mod/pictures thread. I need some kind of substitute for the SDR PVC because they don't sell it up here. Any advice? This thing looks Effeminate. Great job.
EDIT: I looked through my parts bin, and discovered that I had enough materials to do this:
Posted Image
I realize how much I need to cut the back down. IT will be done after school. Hopefully. I can't wait to see what that pump is for coming out the scope.
Thanks a lot Zorn! This is so useful.