Updated 11/12

13 replies to this topic

#1 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

The Introduction

So, I love my big bad bow. I love the look of it, I love how it feels, and with spring additions and suchlike I can get over 100 feet out of it. Its insanely accurate and a great gun to have. I was considering Angels BBB mod for a long time, but I really wanted something of my own. So I was tinkering around today inside of a failed AT3k mod and came up with the brilliant idea of a pump on top of the BBB. Then when I opened it up I remembered Angel's idea of putting something in the top slide mechanism. But the AT3k pump wouldnt work. So I dug around and found the pump to a broken SM1500 and put it in, they were meant to be. So I now present to you, ArmeTorreta:

Internals
Posted Image

Cocked
Posted Image

And the Output Connector
Posted Image

The connector recieves all 1/4 OD tubing. The pump doesn't come out all of the way, but thats ok. I left it unplugged so if I want to save the shot repeated shooting doesnt blow up the airtank. I am thinking of throwing on a AT2k right now but I simply dont have one, I need 2 right now actually. I will be turretting this sucker, and when its all said and done it should be massively beastly. To clarify it is completely possible to pump only the other gun, just hold down the trigger and it doesn't engage the catch.

I really want to put a trigger in the front handle, I have a bunch laying around, but constructing a trigger from sratch and then making it pull a firing pin on the other side of the gun would be hard. If there is a mod where someone has built a trigger from scratch please link me to it, an air gun trigger not a spring gun one and NOT in a homemade. I think I may just have to settle for a key ring in the back of the gun.

And sorry for the crappy picture quality I have to use my phone because I can't find my camera cable anywhere.

And thanks for the inspiration Angel!

Tiz DONE! I need to range test it tomorrow and make sure everything is up to par and where I want it to be but here are some more eye candy shots.

The whole shabang
Posted Image

The front end
Posted Image
The white rod you see in this picture is actually a ram rod that has been attatched with velcro, ignore it.

THe gun has been turreted a la bitchX, the AT2k is fired by using the key ring atatched via the front grip. The comfort level is still the same with a bit mroe added weight in the front. The turret IS NOT CROOKED or pointed uppish. My picture just makes it look thus.

Granted, most of this has been done before (actually all of it in vicarious) but i had never seen Norther's vicarious mod so i like to think of it as my own, as vain as that may be.

A new name is in the works, in latin!

New name accomplished. ArmeTorreta which in latin literally means turreted weapon or turret weapon. I like it personally. New ranges out tomorrow. (got home too late tonight)

Edited by TimmyTown, 13 November 2008 - 12:03 AM.

QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#2 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

I was just about to do the same thing but then opted against it because i wanted to be able to pump the gun separately and I think the only way to make it work easily would be a keyring

#3 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

Norther's Vicarious
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#4 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

Norther's Vicarious

Ouch. And to think I was the first, sigh. I even thought of the NF on the bottom to house the AT2k too after I took those pictures.

Ha, that is REALLY funny though.

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#5 123caviler

123caviler

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

Foehammer did this even before Nother did, but his is with a lbb.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

O YEAH!
Mr.Kool_Aid,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. blah blah blah

OMC is fucking god.

#6 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:43 AM

I did a very similar thing, but with a 3k, HERE
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#7 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

Meh. It's not about credit. It's a solid, intuitive mod. I may do one at some point.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

Looks like this thing has some potential.
I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with it.
Glad I could inspire.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#9 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

Looks like this thing has some potential.
I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with it.
Glad I could inspire.

Your wish is my command. And no one else's wishes except for slug, maybe.

#10 HerbieHero

HerbieHero

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

Until I remembered (i.e. was reminded by reading the Vicarious mod) that the BBB plunger doesn't latch while the trigger is held down, I was very confused as to the point of the integration. Do you think there would be a way to install a sort of safety switch that would keep the trigger depressed? Then you could treat it like a mode switch--BBB mode or AT2K mode.

#11 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:53 AM

Norther's Vicarious

Norther's Vicarious

And to think I was the first, sigh.

Foehammer did this even before Nother did, but his is with a lbb.

I did a very similar thing, but with a 3k, HERE

EVERYTHING that involves older guns has been done before. Webbzter did this same thing in around '03-'04.

Weeman of the LCM replaced the whole pistol grip with a lock 'n load for a while.

It's a nice setup, and it makes use of that otherwise wasted pistol grip in the front.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#12 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:55 AM

Until I remembered (i.e. was reminded by reading the Vicarious mod) that the BBB plunger doesn't latch while the trigger is held down, I was very confused as to the point of the integration. Do you think there would be a way to install a sort of safety switch that would keep the trigger depressed? Then you could treat it like a mode switch--BBB mode or AT2K mode.

Uh yeah. You just hold down the trigger? That is the switch. If your holding the trigger down you can treat it as an AT2k, if not then you can treat it as a BBB. I am getting 80-90 with 7 pumps with AT2k. I usually pump that one up then cock the BBB fire 2 shots, spin turret and shoot 4 times (or reload if time allows). It is a 5th shot to me, not a back up shot. Because of the turreted nature of the thing.

#13 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts
  • State:California

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:05 AM

So I see you stuck with the turret mod you knew would work. I have a bit of a variation that I'm gonna try on it.

Aside form that, very sexy gun. I like that integration most of all out of the various airtech integrations. (That's ignoring the LBB one, that thing is a fucking BEAST)

trans as shit because fuck you

#14 HerbieHero

HerbieHero

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Uh yeah. You just hold down the trigger? That is the switch. If your holding the trigger down you can treat it as an AT2k, if not then you can treat it as a BBB. I am getting 80-90 with 7 pumps with AT2k. I usually pump that one up then cock the BBB fire 2 shots, spin turret and shoot 4 times (or reload if time allows). It is a 5th shot to me, not a back up shot. Because of the turreted nature of the thing.

I understand how it works, I was just thinking that if you wanted to use the AT2K part for several shots instead of just one, you could use a switch to hold the trigger back so you wouldn't have to hold it yourself. Just a thought, is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users