NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 08-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#101472 Internet Time Machine

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2007 - 03:39 PM in Off Topic

This isn't really a new thing...at all.

Regardless, it's still good for looking at old topics on NO. :D

#102138 Spider Man 3 Gun Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 April 2007 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

When I bought this gun I didn't have high hopes for it. Stock it wouldn't even fire half the time and when it did the darts had no accuracy and would just kind of float about 10' before diving sharply into the ground. It was pretty expensive ($25) and I thought if it didn't look like it had any mod potential I'd just return it anyway, so I grabbed it. It has a badass paintjob...

Posted Image

...And you even get a free missile launcher that you stomp on to fire two big missiles!

Posted Image

Here's a video to show just how bad it was stock (notice that it takes thirty seconds just to get all eitht darts to shoot because it jammed every other shot):

Posted Image

Now, to fix it. The first step, obviously, was to open it.

Posted Image

And a close-up on the NF-sized plunger tube:

Posted Image

The turret comes right out; here's a picture for reference of how the rotation mech fits together:

Posted Image

Now take the cover off the turret by unscrewing the four screws in the back piece.

Posted Image

And be sure to get this screw out:

Posted Image

Now to get rid of the restrictors. They're just like the ones in a 2k, so you can rip the spring out through the hole in the back of the turret:

Posted Image

Make the turret look more like this.

Posted Image

You can chop off the barrels if you want to add PVC like I did, or you can leave them on there. If you decide to leave them on you can reassemble the gun and just stick some barrels in the stock ones after you get rid of the restrictors. I chopped off the barrels to add PVC:

Posted Image

I made my barrels 5" long. That's way too long for this gun, but I didn't realize that until they were already secured on the turret.

Posted Image

To attach the PVC to the turret I cut some 1" sections of CPVC:

Posted Image

And hammered them into the backs of the PVC barrels, leaving about 1/4 to 1/3" sticking out.

Posted Image

I shoved the CPVC into the barrel stubs (there's a constriction at the back of each barrel that the CPVC fits perfectly into) and glued the barrels into place:

Posted Image

You're basically done now. If you're using micro Stefans you can use whatever barrels you like. I used Crayolas because everything else I had was too tight:

Posted Image

I ran a bead of hot glue around the top of each Crayola and stuck it in the ends of the PVC barrels, making sure they didn't go too far down in. I tried to make them roughly flush with the top of the PVC:

Posted Image

And here's the finished product (with some unnecessary shit stripped off).

Posted Image

I haven't range tested it, but it gets decent ranges and is good enough for indoor wars. I wouldn't recommend it for outdoors unless you have a damn powerful sidearm. I love this gun; it's heavy, big and feels nice because it's got some rubber on the pump and handle. The accuracy's all right too and of course it's incredibly fast because of the auto-rotating barrels. The jamming problem seems to be just about fixed. It still does it every once in a while but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

This is a nice gun and I'm sure someone who didn't halfass the mod with hot glue and Crayolas could squeeze 60' out of it. I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes high-ROF guns. I'm going to call it the SMG for Spider Man Gun.

#45271 Sweet Website Gamefreak.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 January 2005 - 04:18 AM in General Nerf

Gamefreak, your website is by far the funniest I've ever seen in my life. :w00t: I like the hate mail replies especially. Seriously, I almost pissed myself. And sorry I put this in the General Nerf section. -_-

#83629 Smax 3000 Mods

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 June 2006 - 12:42 AM in Modifications

You might be used to other forums but generally here, if you post a thread like this, people will yell at you and tell you to search. So, search damn it!

Use the search function here and use Google. I'm not going to provide links because hopefully this will discourage future threads like this. You won't get a warm reception here if you don't take the time to search before asking a question.

#82389 Broken Powerclip

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 May 2006 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

I had the same exact problem with my PC. Does it make a hissing sound and the bladder just kind of spits all the air out?

This means (at least this was the problem on mine) that the green pison cover...thing, that green plastic seal that goes on the end of the piston and divides the air into the two rows of shots on the clip, is out of place. You need to make sure the little wings on the piece are in their spots, and that the whole thing is in the right spot. I can't really explain it any better, just make sure it's in place and it feels right. Then try firing the gun with the other half of the case on without any screws so that if it's still not fixed you can just adjust it some more.

Hope this helps.

#82398 Broken Powerclip

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 May 2006 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

Oops, yes, the purple seal thing was what I meant. I'm not sure what's wrong then, because when mine was screwed up I just took it all apart and pretty much redid everything, I took out all the parts and put them back in, but I was sure it was the green thing. Sorry, don't know what to tell you. Good luck.

#104239 Rf20 Barrel Replacement?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 May 2007 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5730

People aren't always going to hand you information. That only took me a few seconds to find.

#118541 Crayola Barrel On A Nf

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 August 2007 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

Yes it's ok. the pvc is merely for looks and some protection to the crayola barrel. Good luck with your mod!

Actually if you're shooting non-streamline stock micros it's not just for looks. It helps hold the tip of the dart and acts kind of like a telescoping barrel.

#325525 Air Zone Panther Leak

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 January 2013 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the help guys. Seems like what happened was either some debris got inside the valve or the pin didn't go back to its normal position after the last time I fired it. I pulled on the pin a little bit and that seemed to fix the problem.

#336147 Any nerfers in or around Cleveland OH?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 December 2013 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

The closest group of nerfers that I know of is in Pittsburgh. We're having a war on January 25th:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=24578
I'm heading over from Youngstown.

#325500 Air Zone Panther Leak

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 January 2013 - 01:49 AM in Modifications

Hey guys, I hate to make a stupid thread like this but I searched around a bit but didn't find any real useful information. I got an Air Zone Panther, and it's got a leak of some kind. It was working well until I modded it:

Posted Image

When I pump the gun the tank doesn't pressurize at all. My first thought was that the check valve's busted, but given that I didn't plug the pump I can't see how that could have happened. The next option is that I screwed something up when I cut off the stock barrel and ripped out the air restrictor. Since the tank valve is all the way at the back near the trigger I don't know if that's possible either. It's one of those goofy back-pressure valves, not a normal pin valve like in at AT2k.

I know this is really vague, but if anybody else has had a similar problem and could shed some light on it I'd really appreciate it. I can take more pictures if needed. Thanks.

#243261 Pittsburgh Area Nerf War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 July 2009 - 11:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there and so should all of you reading this.

Good idea, except I'll be in Myrtle Beach that day. What a shame.

Also, either you or your brother need to get a new username because I keep getting you confused.

#162670 Wanted: Nerfteam To Fight

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 July 2008 - 06:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah dude, there aren't that many nerfers to begin with, and even fewer of them are on nerf teams that want to pound the crap out of other nerf teams with "tack ticks." And even fewer of those Fucking Hardcore Nerfers are in Oregon.

I think you're out of luck if you're looking to do battle with another team of weirdo kids that take themselves too seriously. Try airsoft, or the military.

#82278 Lnl Cocking Mech?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 May 2006 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

I use little blue zip ties on my L'nLs and they have both broken. This was after at least a hundred shots, and no big deal since I have about a hundred more of the zip ties but they will break. Just make sure you have extras.

#89415 Is It Possible?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 September 2006 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Don't worry about it; if anyone like munson yells at you, pay no attention. See, the problem with these types of people is that they used to be newbs, and now that they've been here for a while they think they have the authority to yell at people who are very new like you, and act like complete assholes. But some people like munson just stay n00bs forever, even after they're no longer newbs. So just ignore them.

About the mod. Just try it and see if you can do it, I'm not sure though because the walls of the Crayolas are very thin so you can't really sand them down to fit. I think your best bet would just be to do what some others have done to their Scouts and simply remove the peg. Or you can go to www.freewebs.com/sdnerfteam/sqiggssmods.htm and find his Crossfire mod. It's the second one down. I never really saw it shoot but it got pretty good ranges supposedly. It's fairly simple too. If you don't have access to CPVC (I can't imagine you don't), or you just really want to nest a barrel in the stock one, you could always go with a paper barrel. It sounds dumb but if you just take a sheet of paper and wrap it around your dart, and then tape it in a tube shape and cut it to the right length, they actually work decently. You can get a perfect custom fit for your own Stefans (or stock darts) and can add tape as necesary to get it to fit in the stock barrel. Good luck.

#81805 Mav Help

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 May 2006 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

Wow. Wow, that's all I can say.

There have been literally fifteen threads asking for help from people that restrictor modded their Mavs and now they won't shoot. Just SEARCH. I don't have the authority to tell people to search but these threads just piss the hell out of me. Please, just search and find the answer yourself, I'm sick of these threads.

#53141 Serious Problem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 April 2005 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

Did you put the rubber black thing over where the air comes out with the two holes in it back in the right way? It has to be put in with the holes in it vertical, they CAN NOT BE HORIZONTAL. I did that on mine and it took me a day to figure out what was wrong with it.

#72877 Supermaxx Buzzer Air Bazooka?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 February 2006 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

Um, why don't you just try something? It looks like the same thing as an LBB to me, why couldn't you just add a new barrel? It doesn't seem that hard.

EDIT: So break it off? If it's just a plastic piece snap it. And not all missile weapons like that have an O, I have no idea what you mean; the Titan and Blast Bazooka don't, and neither does the Maxshot.

#80694 Calling All Floridians!

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 April 2006 - 07:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Read the pinned threads. http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5739

#77605 Attention Bc Nerfers...

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 March 2006 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

By BC do you mean Boston College?

For you Canadian Nerfers:

it is (supposedly) quite close to Simon Fraser University in Vancouver.  We'll be flying in to Seattle on April 14th

If you're close to SFU

No.

#57828 Best Long Range Nerf Weapon

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 June 2005 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

I have a Titan CPVC coupler modded to shoot micro Stefans and it is extremely accurate. I don't use it in wars because it's too powerful and the RoF is pitiful; I mainly did it for fun, but if you just want to know the most accurate long-range gun, I don't know, but that and the 2k are definitely sufficiently accurate at long range.

#171091 Smashing

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 August 2008 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

That was absolutely halrious. Not the least bit entertaining, but really halrious.

#164347 This Site Needs A New Way To Be Validated

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 July 2008 - 01:02 AM in Site Feedback

If you're not even willing to follow the rules and type coherently you shouldn't register in the first place.

#269532 Sex Dwarves Last Minute Spring Warm Up

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 March 2010 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

We're having a war.

Date: Sunday, March 21st

West Middlesex, PA 16159

Attendees: <10?

Rules: Eye protection required

#54647 Clip For Rs Shot Gun

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 May 2005 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

You mean the Double Shot? I'm totally confused here, what is 'RS'? I thought maybe you meant 'DS' because the 'D' and the 'R' keys are close together on the keyboard.

Anyway, if this is a Double Shot clip, then that's sweet. Is it just like a wooden magazine with a spring to load the shells up into the gun? That would be great and dramatically increase ROF.

#52625 What's The Best Pipe To Use For Megas?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 April 2005 - 11:10 AM in General Nerf

Plus you could buy like thirty feet of it for about $5.00 USD at Lowe's. That's what I do. :D

#58014 Titan, Ttg, Pc

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 June 2005 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

What's a tuner?

#278560 Wtf I Cant Get In To The Gallery

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 June 2010 - 03:54 PM in General Nerf

Most of the links on the front page sidebar (gallery, modifications, homemades, etc) are old and unused these days anyway. I don't think there were many (any?) useful pics in the gallery. You'll find the best source of modded-blaster pics in the Modification/paintjob Pictures thread.

The gallery had a bunch of pictures from SoCal wars. There might have been some videos too. I'm pretty sure that's all that was in there but I haven't looked in years.

If you want to see old war pictures (6+ years ago) I guess you're SOL. But you might still be able to access some of the videos if you dig through the old war threads and find the video links that cxwq posted. I don't even know if those links will take you anywhere now though.

#269770 Sex Dwarves Last Minute Spring Warm Up

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 March 2010 - 07:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Will not be bringing a friend because all 2 of them are busy.

#105778 Central Ohio Nerf War?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 May 2007 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

As long as it's not in June (as there's already CANO on the 30th and several wars before that that I'd like to attend) I might be able to make it. Columbus is ~3 hours from me, so it's not too far away.

#98889 Nerfworld Drawings

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 January 2007 - 12:26 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone have any of the old NerfWorld drawings or know how I can access them? I tried Archive.org and was able to access the Drawings page by putting its URL into the Archive searchbox, so I was able to get to the pages with the drawings, but the pictures don't work.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

#96149 Micro Or Mega ... That Is The Question.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 December 2006 - 12:33 PM in Modifications

If you mean stock darts micros are the better choice but if you mean Stefans it really comes down to personal preference. I use both; megas move slower and make dodging more fun, but micros are faster and they're the only type I can use out of my Powerclip and lower-powered guns.

Here's a thread about it, but nobody can really help you with the decision, it's whatever you want to do. http://nerfhaven.com...he great debate

#91821 Firefly Trouble

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 October 2006 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

You say you "upgraded the spring." If you put too heavy of a spring in, it won't contract to a short enough length when the gun is cocked for it to properly catch and lock the plunger in place.

Also, if you leave the spring in there and try to cock it, it could probably destroy the catch mech at any time, so I definitely advise you to take the spring out and put another one in that isn't as long/hard to compress. Or find a way to internally band it.

#71249 I Am Big Idiot!

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 January 2006 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

I'm getting the same thing. There's always the Web Archive.

Also, the NH mods direc. isn't the only good source for lots of mods; TINH has an extensive collection as well.

Too bad, but it's not that big of a deal, it doesn't hurt anyone's ability to Nerf. Who knows? Maybe it'll even inspire a little much-needed creativity.

#70740 Cpvc/pvc Breech Writeup

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 January 2006 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

Thanks. Now that I think about it though, it's more of a homemade because it's just a breech you can add to any PVC couplered gun.

This might work better on a 2k. If anyone tries it on a different gun, let me know.

#70708 Cpvc/pvc Breech Writeup

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 January 2006 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

I don't know what dynamic pages are, but the message I keep getting when trying to post threads with pictures in them is "Sorry, dynamic tags in [IMG] tags are not allowed". I'm sorry for having to link to a different page and again, if it's not allowed or is annoying anyone, please tell me a way to get rid of the 'dynamic pages' so I can actually post my writeup.

For now, here's the link:
http://www.nerfhq.co...opic.php?t=2456

#112027 Ss Xp 70 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 June 2007 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

I've got an XP70. I slapped a PVC coupler on it instead though. This was about ten months ago and it's now developed some kind of leak because when I put the barrel in too roughly it lets air out of the barrel.

#105478 Question

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 May 2007 - 05:32 PM in General Nerf

Get your info straight before answering questions. It's neither; it's got a motor in it, hence the name Rev Shot.

#69476 Tek 10 Modifacation?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 December 2005 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

EDIT: I'm sorry nerfrocks, you're right. You should be allowed to start two threads on the same thing in about three hours when nobody answers your question because it's so stupid. You should also be allowed to ask questions that have been discussed several times in the past when there is a Search function in the top right corner of your screen. You should even be allowed to make barely coherent posts and make yourself look like a jackass because someone, *GASP*, yelled at you. I'm sorry I was such a huge jerk, I shouldn't have been. I'll try to be nicer in the future.

Idiot.

#59121 Pc Vs Rf20?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 July 2005 - 01:44 AM in General Nerf

Wait. You have both, so why are you asking us which is better? Just mod them and test them against each other, then you'll know. I'm pretty sure PCs get better ranges modded than RF20s, but Shadow Ghost's mod claims to get 55-60' flat or something. I only own an RF20 (two, actually), but based on what I've read the PC is the better gun, although you may want to just try them and see which you like better.