Broken Powerclip

help.

3 replies to this topic

#1 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

I just got a powerclip, and I was so happy, and it was free!

it was working when I got home with it, I tried it out a bunch of times, and it worked like a charm.

later last night, the valve stopped closing and the clip couldn't advance. I don't think that any parts moved, and the gun is in mint condition. I cannot figure out why it isn't working.

it holds air, but when I pull the trigger, it releases all the air without the green tube on top moving forward.

what is wrong, and how do I fix it?
razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

I had the same exact problem with my PC. Does it make a hissing sound and the bladder just kind of spits all the air out?

This means (at least this was the problem on mine) that the green pison cover...thing, that green plastic seal that goes on the end of the piston and divides the air into the two rows of shots on the clip, is out of place. You need to make sure the little wings on the piece are in their spots, and that the whole thing is in the right spot. I can't really explain it any better, just make sure it's in place and it feels right. Then try firing the gun with the other half of the case on without any screws so that if it's still not fixed you can just adjust it some more.

Hope this helps.
SexD Warves

#3 rotoryfan

rotoryfan

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

I tried that a bunch of times. I'm going to continue doing so, and hope that you're right. by the way, the divider is purple on mine. the seal is surprisingly good , now that I look at it. it's too bad that so much air is wasted. it probably gets 2/3 the range that an rf20 can get because of it.

edit: I tried that again, and it didn't help much at all. but I didn't reallize that the winglets weren't lining up...
its still broken, and the chamber that holds the valve spring isn't moving forward very much when I pull the trigger. the valve doesn't close and the chambers aren't being advanced. I never opened up the gun before it stopeed working, and I have no idea what happened or what to do.

again, what do I do?

Edited by rotoryfan, 27 May 2006 - 06:24 PM.

razorbeast,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.  Your account will not be functional until Jun 23 2033, 10:41 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Awsome.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:47 PM

Oops, yes, the purple seal thing was what I meant. I'm not sure what's wrong then, because when mine was screwed up I just took it all apart and pretty much redid everything, I took out all the parts and put them back in, but I was sure it was the green thing. Sorry, don't know what to tell you. Good luck.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users