Photo

Best Long Range Nerf Weapon

4 replies to this topic

#1 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

In this thread, I'm hoping to determine the most accurate long range nerf weapon. So far, I've narrowed it to probably the sm5k or the xbow. Since I've never owned or shot either, I'd like your opinions. Thanks.

#2 ET87

ET87

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:22 PM

Probably a micro stefan modded titan.

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

An AT2k, SM5k, SM1.5k, Titan, Xbow, SS2, SF, and probably a few others I've forgotten can all get over 90' flat. Whether they're accurate at that range or not depends primarily on your dart consistency and quality. Secondarily, guns with bigger airtanks and those that are spring powered both tend to be slightly more accurate in my experience. On the pump guns I suspect that's due to the longer barrels. As to the spring guns, I don't really have a clue except to guess that it may have something to do with the more gradual acceleration curve providing a less turbulent barrel exit.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:13 PM

I have a Titan CPVC coupler modded to shoot micro Stefans and it is extremely accurate. I don't use it in wars because it's too powerful and the RoF is pitiful; I mainly did it for fun, but if you just want to know the most accurate long-range gun, I don't know, but that and the 2k are definitely sufficiently accurate at long range.
SexD Warves

#5 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

I have an SM5K and it's pretty damn accuret. I have pretty crappy darts, and with the tank relocation mod, each shot is within 5 inches of my target( which is about 4in x4in) when i am about 50 feet away with 4 pumps.

*EDIT* Plus, I'm using copper, not brass (which I'm gonna soon get)
The farthest I've ever shot it is 130 feet at about a 10 degree angle from my shoulder.

Edited by Yazz, 20 June 2005 - 05:37 PM.

Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users