MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 29-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46109 Ripped Off, Need Help Fixing.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 January 2005 - 09:12 PM in General Nerf

Well, I'm sorry that you two were ripped off by them. You should contact eBay, and tell them you were overcharged for shipping and received a damaged product. Also tell them the description was highly inaccurate and you did not recieve the item described.

Anyways, this is why people need to read sellers' feedback. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but did either of you check the seller's feedback rating? Sure it was 97 or so percent, but did you see how many negatives they have? 3500. That means three thousand five hundred people were scammed or mislead. eBay help even says that the percentages are irrelevant compared to the number of positives versus the number of negatives. Of course, I probably wouldn't buy from somebody with a 65% positive feedback rating, but I wouldn't buy from somebody with 97% and 3500 negatives.

No mean to nag, just saying you should check feedback ALWAYS.

#46112 Ripped Off, Need Help Fixing.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 January 2005 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

Newer version:

Posted Image

Older version is more pistol-like.

#46120 Ripped Off, Need Help Fixing.

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 January 2005 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, thats the one i have, but for some reason it looks like the airtank is sitting farther back. Also, another reason to hate netclearances, the pic in the item discription was a nib older version!

Therefore you didn't get the item you bought, so you can tell that to eBay :D. It looks like the tank is sitting farther back because in that pic, there are no ammo holders. Here's a pic of it with ammo holders, but the lighting isn't as good:

Posted Image

#46125 Nerf Ammunition

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 January 2005 - 02:25 AM in General Nerf

I also need to know if the fins are straight (as on the BnA) or diagonal (as on the BBB) on which types of arrows. I'm assuming that if the fins are diagonal or curved it is more accurate because it will spin the arrow? Not sure about that.

#46164 A Way To Make Stephan Laramies?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 January 2005 - 01:49 AM in General Nerf

You can either make special Stefan Larami darts, or you can make your gun shoot farther AND fire regular megas or micros. Take out the air restrictors. That's what making it only possible to shoot SuperMaxxes. Of course, you could do something like this except you could alter it a bit. Instead of using a mega, use 5/8 inch Foam Backer Rod (aka Caulk Saver, Caulk Backing. Usually found in the weather stripping section of Home Depot or similar store) and instead of a suction tip, use a basic Stefan tip. Burn a small hole in the front of your FBR (just enough to hold 2 BB's or 1 fishing weight), drop some glue in, and put your weight in. Then burn the hole in the back like said in that article. You don't have to cover up the hole like he/she did, because there is no hole in FBR.

#46201 Guass Gun/coil Rifle

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 January 2005 - 01:22 AM in Homemades

If you guys want a cool electromagnetic "gun," try a rail gun with a circular track, which would allow you to accelerate the ammunition over a period of time before actually firing.

That website (http://scitoys.com) says that rail guns on circular tracks are impractical.

#46264 Maveric Rev-6 Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 January 2005 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Great job FIDO! Well-written mod, especially for a dog :D.

40 feet flat is on par with the powerclip, which gets about 80 feet max. That's not to shabby for a pistol w/ 6 shots.

A Powerclip... gets 80 feet... Single barrelled, maybe, but definitely not an average, 10-shot Powerclip. And who would single barrel a PC? That's like double barrelling a WildFire or a RapidFire 20...

#46303 Obtaining Nerf Guns

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 January 2005 - 07:22 PM in General Nerf

Hello. I am fairly new to Nerf, and would like some more Nerf guns that are fairly good. I have read both sporkboyofjustice's and ItallionStallion's articles on how to find Nerf guns, but they don't help because I don't have access to the stores they talk about in their articles. I can only get guns from the store because I can't find any anywhere else. I am too young to drive and don't have a car. My family went to the local swap meet, and it seemed more like small businesses renting booths instead of opening their own store, rather than a giant garage sale as I thought it would be. I pictured people renting booths and putting stuff they didn't want on a table and selling it. Instead, I saw clothes, fountains, plants, rocks, and medieval weaponry (sweet...). I am too young to drive and the Goodwill store is pretty far away. The only garage sales I can go to are the ones that are in my neighborhood and in nearby neighborhoods. So how do I get discountinued Nerf guns? eBay has high prices, and I can't get Nerf guns locally. I know some kids who have discontinued guns, but they won't sell them. I know a kid who has a Lock 'n' Load that he never uses, but he won't sell it. My friend has a SuperMaxx 1500 that I really want, but he doesn't want to sell it to me because he claims he's going to sell it on eBay for mad money, yet he's too young to use eBay and his parents won't sell it for him. Does anybody have any tips on how to get people to sell you their Nerf guns cheap, or how to obtain Nerf guns somehow?

In case you were wondering, here's my arsenal:

1x AirTech 4000
2x SuperMaxx 3000 blue version, 1 has a broken pump handle
2x Titan
2x Hornet
2x Scout
5x Nite Finder old edition

#46333 Maverick Issues

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 January 2005 - 04:24 PM in Modifications

Would the forwards-style plunger add range or anything? I'm assuming the Maverick is like the Scout, in that after you cock it the slider goes forward again after disconnecting from the plunger. This makes it so you can't put rubber bands on the slider. Is there any way to fix it, like by making the slider stay back until you pull the trigger, and having it not disconnect from the plunger? This would reduce RoF slightly because you have to wait for the slider to move forward before you could cock it again, but it would increase range because of the plunger being pushed faster. The RoF decrease wouldn't be that bad, especially with the bands on there, because the bands will make the slider slide forward faster.

#46336 Maverick Issues

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 January 2005 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

If you removed the slide, you could do the traditional keyring as on the Lock 'n' Load, or you could use one of those cheap plastic toothbrushes that look like gummy bears. You cut off the toothbrush part, then dip the whole thing in hot water for a couple seconds. Pull it out, shape it in the form of an oval, circle, or whatever you desire, and epoxy it onto the the cocking mechanism. I'm pretty sure it was Uriel who did this to one of his Lock 'n' Loads. Uriel was the first person to do this. He attached a Colgate toothbrush to his Lock 'n' Load plunger arm. It looks fantastic! Check it out: Here is the original post.

#46651 Stefan Darts

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 January 2005 - 05:38 PM in Homemades

I did something pretty cool with darts. I used fishing line and tied two darts together (I made a loop with the string, and put it in the pointy end of pin, then glued the pin in). I put one dart in a gun, ant let the other stephan hang down, then shot. You need a fairly strong gun. The bullets will spin around in a circle.

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't do that, it's dangerous. Seriously, the darts could wrap around someone's neck. I know this is pretty improbable, but don't take a chance.

Edit: I think they might be fun and cool and stuff, just not for wars. But they're like numchuck darts :ph34r:!

"I've got all your equipment in my locker, you should come get it some time 'cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore."

-Napoleon, from Napoleon Dynamite

I just had to do that...

#46661 College!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 January 2005 - 09:11 PM in Off Topic

HAHA! We are suppose to get an ice storm here in Alabama....Call in the National Guard!......I swear people down here think it's the end of the freakin world...They should go up north where I'm from and see some REAL snow....

HAH! You think that's bad? They closed school here 'cause we got like half an inch of snow. Yup, that's the desert for ya'.

#46692 Help With New Nf's

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 January 2005 - 07:05 PM in General Nerf

As far as I know the internals are identical.

Wrong. The new NF's have one less piece in the plunger assembly, but it's basically the same thing with two pieces molded together instead of separate.

#46824 Primary Weapons

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 February 2005 - 06:09 PM in General Nerf

I seriously like the Hornet from the N-Strike Trinity (it dosent say on the box but the inventory list at Target calls it the "trinity").  The Big Salvo is also pretty good, only problem is that its hard to use. You really have to train you trigger finger for that thing.

I think you've been watching "The Matrix" too much. It's actually called the N-Strike Unity Power System. I'll agree with you though; the Hornet is a great primary weapon. I'm going to integrate an AT2K on/in one just for good measure :lol:.

SuperMAXX 1500's are great. The Hornet and the SM1500 (old version) are the two most powerful stock guns I've ever used. I'm pretty sure AT2K's are the exact same thing as SM1500's, though they have a smaller case and seem to have a worse seal with the turret?

RF20's and WildFires are so much fun... does anybody know if you can fire the RF20 without emptying the turret?

Good Sidearms:
Nite Finder, Lock 'n' Load, SuperMAXX 750, SharpShooter II.

Edit: Added more guns.

#46827 Primary Weapons

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 February 2005 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

Last_Man_Standin_, maybe you got a dud or something. Try some airjet micros or Stefans in it. I put some red airjet micros in my stock Hornet and I was in awe when I found out my range was doubled.

#46943 Simple Nite Finder Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 February 2005 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

Okay, this is me posting from my friend's computer. He was going to register and post this, but no more users are allowed until Karma is finished. So this is not my mod, it's my friend's/clanmate's.

I got a Nite Finder as a gift from MattPaintballer. I thought it was pretty powerful stock, but I thought it had more potential. Because my mod materials were not with me, I couldn't do much other than open it up, stretch the spring, and band it. I thought the “laser” was pretty lame; it doesn’t even help you. If you have a night war, it gives away your position, and it doesn’t work really well in the first place. I thought it was kind of dumb that you could move it side to side. I took it out of the gun when I had it open. So here are some pictures of my slightly tweaked Nite Finder.

Just your typical unmodded Nite Finder.
Posted Image

No laser, just a hole. I painted it orange to match.
Posted Image

What did my sister put in there this time?
Posted Image

Hey! That’s a dart!
Posted Image

If you haven’t noticed, I took off the barrel-like piece and placed it where the light used to be. I was joking about painting it orange. It works well as an ammo holder, and has a man-powered secondary weapon built in. What I mean by that is you can kind of fling the dart at your enemy if he or she is charging at you – no cocking required!

#47008 Supersoaker Xp270 Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 February 2005 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

My friend (Ploofull, the one who did the Nite Finder mod) has an XP something-or-other and it seems like the airtank is the same thing as the water tank? So how do you fill one but not fill the other if its the same thing?

#47022 Supersoaker Xp270 Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 February 2005 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

I also noticed something else on Ploofull's SuperSoaker. When you pumped it, it wouldn't hold the pressure for very long, because the air was leaking out the barrel thing. I don't know if this is because there was no water in it or what, but that was another weird thing. Is that with all SuperSoakers?

#47084 Lock N Load M4?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 February 2005 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

Milsim sucks.

Sheesh, I thought I was the only one who thought that!

#47087 Simple Nite Finder Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 February 2005 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

He doesn't want the black thing in there because they fit his darts very tightly, making him unable to fling them out at the enemy.

#47110 Ipod Shuffle Question

Posted by MattPaintballer on 11 February 2005 - 05:59 PM in Off Topic

iPods rock, but not the Shuffle. You can't choose what song you want to play, it's always on shuffle. Also, Apple screwed up when they programmed the randomization. Sometimes it will think it didn't play a song that it just played, and it will repeat the song multiple times. There was an article about it in the local newspaper, and the reporter bought one and was completely unsatisfied. He said sometimes it will repeat the same song 3-6 times in a row. You should either get a Mini, or get something not by Apple. Try an iRiver MP3, they have one that holds 512 MB (0.5 GB) and is only slightly longer than the 256 (0.25 GB) version. You can probably hack it to hold more, just Google it. Those iRiver MP3 players are TINY!

#47135 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 February 2005 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

And now... The moment you've all been waiting for...

You've read my signature, but that was just an idea. Now, see the real thing...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

THE CRUTCH2K's!!!

Behold!

Posted Image

You can see the materials I used in the background... Zip ties, electrical tape, and kitchen scissors. All professional grade!

Posted Image

I've got a nice little built in sight on there... It's actually a thumbscrew that holds the handle in the crutch. It works great as a sight! Sorry about the flash on that one, my super-mondo-vastly expensive 5.5 megapixel digital camera has too many features; I don't know how to turn off the flash... It's set on like auto-flash or something.

Posted Image

Jimi Hendrix 0wns y0u! He r0x0rs y0ur s0x0rs 0ff! Anyways, in this one you can see both crutches because one is the Crutch2K and the other was used to take the pic. I actually have an AT2K on the other crutch too, but I attached it after I took the pic.

Screwed up image removed.

As you can see on that last picture, one of the dart heads fell off, and the zip ties are loose. The dart head, well I didn't notice that when taking the pic. The zip ties are all messed up because our carpenter dude tried to file the rigid things down for something (I really don't know why) and now they don't stay, so I had to use electrical tape to hold them, and it came unstuck...

#47144 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 February 2005 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

I'll admit, the integration wasn't very good. But it was the idea that I think was cool. I haven't had the time to go out and get materials, but I should be able to get some tomorrow. I'm probably going to single barrel one of the 2K's then quad the other. I was thinking of making it more sleek, like getting rid of the case and just leave a keyring trigger, the pump, and the barrel along the side. I also put the blue 2K on the wrong side, so that last picture was hard... I think the main problem was that my zip ties are screwed up. When you zip them, they don't stay! Stupid carpenter dude...

#47146 Ipod Shuffle Question

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 February 2005 - 11:37 PM in Off Topic

I disagree. The Ipod Mini is the biggest ripoff out there. There is not much space, but it's not worth it it to just put a few of your songs on it, like the shuffle is designed to do. Either get a shuffle or go all the way and get a 20 gig.

Iron's partially right. Sometimes it's good to have a Mini, they are considerably smaller and lighter. But I still think my 20GB is tiny as hell. I still say don't get a Shuffle. Get something else. Like those iRivers I were talking about...

#47152 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 01:46 AM in Modifications

Now what would be cool would be making the main leg of the crutch into a barrel, then just put the tank with a couper or something onto the barrel, so the firing pin is close to your hand, and with some bondo work, you could make it fairly concealed. It almost makes me want to get crutches.

~ompa

That's what I was thinking in the first place, but there's one problem. I don't think a barrel alone would be able to support somebody without being damaged, so I would have to nest it. And the main crutch leg isn't circular. It's shaped like this: )¯( I don't think I would be able to fit anything in there, it seems too small. And you might want to get crutches now, except for the $40-$50 price. Yeah... I only got them because I needed them - I broke my ankle.

#47153 Dremel Bits

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 01:50 AM in Homemades

The brown and grey grinders suck pretty much altogether. I have no found a good use for them yet.

Actually, I used the brown grinder on the Titan. When I was cutting the restrictor at the base of the gun, I first used a green cone-shaped bit to get through it, then I used a brown grinder to smooth it off. The brown piece fit almost perfectly in the barrel stub thing. It's soooooo smooth now.

#47164 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

and how did you break your ankle?

I'm not gonna answer that one just because how I broke it is really lame. But then again, how I broke my wrist was lame. And how I broke my front teeth was lame, too. Whatever...

I was thinking of single barreling the 2K and then having the barrel run down beside the main crutch leg. Then I could just duct tape around the whole crutch.

#47200 Instruments

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 10:46 PM in Off Topic

Guitar, but I couldn't vote because I selected guitar and then pressed view results (null vote) instead of submit or whatever. I want to learn how to play cello and bass guitar.

#47201 Ipod Shuffle Question

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

Do not eat iPod Shuffle? Hah! I think that's funnier than the time I went to Target and saw one of those red foamy lifeguard life-saving floating device thingie and there was a warning thing on it that said "WARNING: This is NOT a floatation device!" even when the box itself labelled it as FLOATATION DEVICE.

#47241 Happy Birthday

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 February 2005 - 06:31 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday dude! I don't know whether to feel bad for you or glad for you that your b-day is on Valentine's Day... :lol:

#47257 Volkswagen Polo

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 February 2005 - 07:35 PM in Off Topic

I say whatever you think tastes the best shoots the best.

What is the best material for making a fort for a Nerf war?

I say a towel.

#47403 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 10:32 AM in Off Topic

I've never heard vinyl :huh:...

#47422 Instruments

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 05:44 PM in Off Topic

trombone?

Don't say that word around me! You'll make me sing the Jumbone song from the commercial! Ahh!

#47425 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 06:04 PM in General Nerf

Actually, from what I've heard, yellow (Larami 2500) is better than blue, (Nerf's latest knock-off) and blue is better than green (Nerf's original knock-off).

I have two blue versions, and on one of them the pump handle broke off. I barely use it. In fact, I only use it when all my friends are borrowing my other guns, which is never because I like my NF better.

#47427 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 06:06 PM in General Nerf

15 feet unmodded maximum. I haven't wasted my time modding them, but I might sometime... I just really don't like them because they are so big and so fragile.

#47430 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

Larami 2500 and SM3K yellow were the same thing I thought?

Anyways, about my previous post: flat ranges, stock darts, unmodded, blue version.

Edit: Tinkerer, your sig cracked me up. I would say it made my day, but I said that to Uriel a couple minutes ago :huh:.

#47446 Ch-ch-ch-changes Redux

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 09:24 PM in News

WarCraft 3 Campaigns has a Karma system kind of like that, but it's slightly different. This is how it works:

Giving

Regular Users:
You get 5 points per day, and each Karma you give uses 1 of your points, and each counts for 1 point of positive/negative on the inflicted user. If you get X amount of positive Karma, you get an increased amount of points per day. If you get Y amount of positive Karma, your Karma points count for 2 points of positive/negative on the inflicted user. In this case, X is less than Y.

Mods:
You get like 15 points per day, and each Karma you give uses 1 of your points, and counts for 3 points of positive/negative on the inflicted user.

Admins:
You get unlimited points per day. Each counts for 5 positive/negative on the inflicted user.

Receiving

Regular Users:
If you have less than 10 positive Karma, you cannot give Karma points to other users.

Misc.

Administrator has complete power over Karma. He can set people's Karma to different levels, and he can disable specific people from using and receiving Karma.

There's probably other stuff I forgot.

#47456 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

not really, the Larami was a tidbit more powerful. Larami was then acquired, and the gun was re-released as the nerf SM3K.

actually, I think that's the most re-released gun of all. let's see,

Larami 2500
Supermaxx 3000 Yellow, Green, And Blue.
This "Sharper image" knockoff
oh, and the AT3K&4K seem to be based on the SM3k.

that's 7 rereleases/reincarnations

It's weird that you say that, because I think that too. It seems to me like the SM3K is like the AT3K and AT4K combined. 3K has 6 barrels, 4K has 12, and the SM has 8. The SM is about the size of the 4K, takes about as many pumps to prime as a 3K, and they get somewhat similar ranges. Also, the pumps and pump handles seem to have problems and are poorly designed.

#47463 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 February 2005 - 11:44 PM in General Nerf

WebbZter Nerfs, if that counts. And quit being an ***, Evil. Nerf is a sport, paintball is a sport, and airsoft is a sport, whether you like it or not.

#47670 2003 Toy Fair Pics

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 February 2005 - 11:31 PM in General Nerf

I was wondering wtf this was doing at the top of the post list...

As was I.

Hey, that Tech Target preview picture looks awesome! It's too bad they made it look all fugly-like :) when they actually produced it. I wish they made it look like the one in the pic. Hey, I like that :cry: Smilie!

Edit: $#%&@ %$#!*& why do I always make one mistake per post? UGH!