Homemades Picture Thread

Photos of Homemade Nerf Guns

1306 replies to this topic

#1076 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Made two new Rainbow Pumps with Mahogany handles. They are shorter with 5.5" of draw, and don't pack as big of a punch as the originals with 7.5". They do have k26s instead of K45's, too. Top one is the old one, the bottom two are new. Middle one is sold. Bottom one is for sale.

Posted Image

#1077 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Posted Image
CNC'd out of polycarb. One of two, the second will be black UHMW with translucent fluorescent red highlights.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#1078 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

A little something I built today because I wanted to have a better rocket launcher. It's ghetto and fugly, but certainly does its job.
Posted Image
Based off of a design by the mod man, but with a few additions. First is an on board battery and compressor. Secondly, I like my stock better.
Not sure what kind of pressures I'm working with right now, but I'm guessing 35 PSI or less. The rocket is going at least 100 feet flat.
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#1079 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

Posted Image

Shitty cellphone pic. I'll take a better pic when it stops raining in NJ.

FPS 240-250
Range 100+

Edited by andtheherois, 09 May 2013 - 01:23 AM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#1080 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1081 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image

For hoongfu. LONG overdue. It'll get tested on the 25th then return to Philly with Koree where it will finally be presented to Hoongfu.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#1082 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

I guess this is considered old school now or something.

Posted Image

#1083 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Secured my foregrip:
Posted Image

Milled a catch:
Posted Image

It catches!
Posted Image

Bonus:
Posted Image
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#1084 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Made up a few homemade 45-degree PVC bends for use in choppers.
Posted Image

EDIT: upgraded my shingle carrier.
Posted Image

Edited by Pointman9, 13 May 2013 - 05:45 PM.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#1085 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

I finally completed my PumpSNAP! This is the first homemade I ever made. I built it off of Nerfomania's write-up, and his SNAPbow videos helped me make a working trigger. Everything is mechanically fastened. The handle is wood cut out in the shape of a Nerf Lock 'n Load handle. It is comfortable, but I should have cut it out from a thinner piece of wood. I attached it using the snap-on handle method. The foregrip is not a Nerf Maverick slide. It is a piece of wood cut in the shape of a Maverick slide, and I attached it with three countersunk wood screws. Both the foregrip and handle have been nicely sanded and have several satin coats of varnish on them, so they feel nice to the hands. For the paint, I used Krylon Fusion spray paint, but as it is with all pumpSNAPs, the black coat on the 1.25" PVC will eventually wear off, so I advise using vinyl dye, because it is supposed to be absorbed into plastics and be fairly impossible to rub off. The clothespin trigger is also mechanically attached. This SNAP has an interesting clothespin trigger story. I didn't know any better, so I made my first one using Bondo instead of epoxy putty on the clothespin trigger and the catch ramp, and I also didn't know to round off the nail. Those are mistakes that I will not be making again! All of the parts made with Bondo quickly broke. Fortunately, Nerfomania came out with his video tutorials shortly after that; so I built another SNAP trigger and catch ramp. This second trigger was better than the first was, but it still didn't work. The catch ramp, though, was like a dream. I finally built the third trigger and it worked! I also had to redo all of the screws, the rear bushing that holds the spring in, and the plunger rod. It works well now, though, and the aesthetics are pleasing to the eye, so I'm pretty happy with it. Most importantly, though, I learned a lot during this build.

Early pictures here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For even more pictures, here is the Photobucket album.

And here is a YouTube video covering all of the details of this blaster. It also includes a firing and seal test!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naaLmKpM66A

Edited by DartSlinger, 18 May 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#1086 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Posted Image

+bow for titanium2.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

#1087 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I was sick of my SNAP's trigger coming out during rapid firing, so I made a trigger stop for it.

Posted Image

I took a small ring of 1/2" PVC and super glued it to a thin circle of rubber that I cut from this.

Posted Image

I used that so that the trigger stop would not scratch my handle. I then used this adhesive to apply it to the trigger. There is nothing special about this adhesive: goop would work just as well. The reason that I used it was because I needed a slow drying adhesive so that I could adjust it once I applied it.

Posted Image

And here is the finished product. It works very well.

Posted Image

#1088 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#1089 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Posted Image
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#1090 TheSilentRebel

TheSilentRebel

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Latex Tubing Rainbowpup

Posted Image
Posted Image
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

#1091 modsfornerf

modsfornerf

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

My new plusbow.
Posted Image
With a stained thumbhole stock.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out my youtube channel My link
Also check out my blog: website

#1092 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still have a couple revisions I need to do before the final product. More to come this week, hopefully.

These things shoot super lasers, btw.

#1093 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Posted Image

BullPAC 4 is a 2" bore bullpup pump action crossbow, The OAL is about 28", but without the clunky PVC T stock it's less than 24". 4" of draw, and uses one of the handle-catch-thingies that I've been working on. The catch surface is a bit more like that of a snap, but made out of 3d printed components inside a 3/4" PVC front frame. The front cross was made out of an Aabow part, and could have been a shorter T-type bow mount. It still has issues that I need to work out, including better airflow, seal, and a check valve.

As seen below, the airflow exit area is a bit crowded, and I choked it quite a bit, which I think is reducing efficiency.
Posted Image

The next bullPAC will an improved, larger rod-seal-mount-and-air-output-manifold-thing.

Posted Image
Posted Image
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#1094 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Finished up my first non-snap homemade this weekend! Here is my new +bow!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Probably lurking somewhere...

#1095 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

I've been working on this-
Posted Image
I have a large box the funny wyes coming thursday if anyone wants to message me for one. They're like 10$ in shipping minimum, even to buy one directly.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#1096 Donquixote

Donquixote

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Inspired by modsfornerf, I went about making some wooden stocks for my +bows.

Posted Image

Both hoppers hold 14 darts, and the low pressure ball valves are quite easy to open and shut. Both stocks are maple, and are secured with bolts in the handles, and three 1 1/2" wood screws in the polycarbonate at the back.

The top gun has a clear coat and a 17" barrel of Home Depot CPVC, which I think has a slightly smaller ID than McMaster CPVC.

The bottom gun has a semi-gloss polyurethane stain. It came out very light, but I like how it looks. 12" McMaster barrel.

#1097 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

Had to wait till Thursday to get the wyes, here we go!
Posted Image

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#1098 archangel24

archangel24

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image
QUOTE(Talio @ Oct 14 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

I would much perfer a game that's free of KY. I like it rough. Right, Vacc?

"She went all Ghetto Fab on you."

#1099 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

My SNAP Mk V has a camera mount now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#1100 Glory1610

Glory1610

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

(Hooray, my first post!)
My 2nd and 3rd homemades, and my first experience painting blasters:
Thanks to _Nerfomania_ for letting me know that I could make a RainBow without a scroll saw and a drill press!
The paintjobs and some of the cuts are mediocre (god awful is more like it), but it was a learning experience.
Posted Image

As Panda said, I don't think there is a way to fight gravity without a guaranteed loss. You could use magnets, but no one knows how those things work except the Mormons.

Or lasers. You should integrate some lasers into your Nerf darts. Problem solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users