Mag-Fed Pump-Action Springer Homemade

233 replies to this topic

#226 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:06 AM

They're wide because holes don't print to good tolerances, and I didn't want to have to hand-work every set of parts. The updated ram design based on o-rings replaces the long 4-40 screw with two 3/8" length screws and two nylon lock nuts. Neither of which interact with the inside of the ram, and therefore aren't a source of leaks. I've also widened the tolerances on 95% of the holes so that they no longer require any touch-up or drilling.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#227 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

CGXHhqw.jpg

CxAcSl3.jpg

rCSKyDW.jpg

WqEQaie.jpg

And here's the 100th Caliburn I have printed.

8RY6wRm.jpg

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#228 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

0avcgphfx9tz.jpg

https://www.thingive...m/thing:2376150

Nothing monumental. I spent a fair bit of time over the past week addressing small issues with some of the very secondary parts and decided to also add-in some cosmetic tweaks.

• The stock spacer piece now covers all three threaded rods.

• JAM piece is sturdier and installs slightly different.

• Rail segment added to the Muzzle piece so that flip-up iron sights can be used.

• Short rail segment on the front of Magwell for same reason

• Partial rail segment added to SPREADER (credit to /u/Dr_Craw/) so that larger optics or sights can be mounted further forward without rocking side-to-side

• Cosmetic muzzle brake added that completely covers exposed section of the barrel and attaches using the upper hex nut. Also include an attachment point for a sling.

• Cosmetic update to foregrip to match contour of the muzzle piece and to reduce the size of the cutouts.

• Cosmetic update to BUTT. Also added a breather channel.

• Added buttressing to underside of SEAR to increase rigidity.

• Fixed printability and durability issues with the MagRelease part.

And here's a Caliburn that was printed at 100% infill (total print time of 39 hours)

GGZkxG2.jpg

#229 jimmythefly

jimmythefly

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:42 AM

Looking good! What's the tube spec for the clear plunger tube? I assume it is a different material or thickness than the stock spacer tube, correct?

#230 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:15 AM

Plunger tube is 1-1/2" OD x 1-3/8" ID, cut to 7-3/8" length

Same dimensions as the aluminum tube, but it requires less effort to cut and finish it.

The clear spacer for the stock is 1-1/4 Schedule40 Clear PVC. So 1.66" OD x 1.420" ID x 3" length. Having that section have a wider ID makes the priming action more reliable.

#231 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

This is an amusing addendum. I've installed a printed jam door onto my machined Caliburn in order to add the dart guide feature.
rs_33.jpg
It works perfectly, except for the fact that it can't hinge open. I'll have to address that before I make the STL file available.

I'm also going to switch over to an aluminum barrel, so I'll be printing a different muzzle piece to allow for that. All just to save myself from having to file the machined one.

EDIT: All done

DNdd0WS.jpg
4aC8xAQ.jpg?1
8ZAoYBA.jpg
QGztqv4.jpg
y8JtwJL.jpg

https://www.thingive...m/thing:2667018

#232 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Swapping springs just got a hell of a lot easier.

x5SW7es.jpg

#233 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

Ayy-LMAOliburn file set is released. https://www.thingive...m/thing:2655484

K3Ey3P2.jpg

Experimenting with muzzle devices.

SjdakL8.jpg

Also video review

#234 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:48 AM

I have a caliburn-specific SCAR barrel up on Thingiverse now.

299c1cca9e05fd91820cd38392b311e8_preview

https://www.thingive...m/thing:2686643

Uses 0.25mm fishing line.

The file set includes a little nib you can glue onto the end of a 1/16" diameter weld rod in order to make a noosing wand to help string the SCAR barrel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mag-Fed, Pump-Action, Springer, Homemade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users