MONDAY July 20th, 2009

265 replies to this topic

#126 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

Wow, I'll be using a RR. It'll be like century old musket versus M16. Fuck.

You may be surprised by how much better the Roto-Rocket and Titan perform than the MBZ. I'm actually in the middle of modding it right now, so we'll see how that goes. I'm probably not going to replace the motors, but I am raising the voltage and probably rewiring the whole thing. Right now, it only shoots the Target balls about twenty feet.

Oh, and I'll have LOTS of extra ball guns. I have the two RRs, the BZ, MBZ, a Titan, and my homemade. If I get the other's squared away, I may also have a homemade push-pull blaster too.

Edited by Draconis, 12 March 2009 - 11:24 PM.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#127 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:28 AM

Hehehe... Bitches be goin' down!

{{{Image of a Motoballzooka and a push pull BZ}}}

I just received my Ballzooka in the mail today, and I had the Motorized Ballzooka here at the shop too... So I figured I'd show you guys what will be helping to own you during the ball rounds.
Upside: Target balls fit nicely in the Ballzooka. Downside: The plunger seems to have a poor seal.

Nice I have two of those MBZ's I forgot about. I'm going to have to dust them off.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#128 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

I know Heirarchy has a MBZ, and we sometimes play dodgeball with it. They're Hecka fun.

Although, in regards to TantumBulls post, although the MBZ has a higher rof, I'm pretty sure a BBBB, Titan, RR, or a Nat Geo gun has a lot more range. Its like saying a vulcan is better than a bbb.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 14 March 2009 - 02:54 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#129 Fragtacular

Fragtacular

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

I'm the guy tantum was talking about. I'm definite.

Edit: I'm also against doomslayers by the way.

Edited by Fragtacular, 14 March 2009 - 04:39 PM.

#130 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Just to give everyone a heads up about the doomsayer poll: its currently 5-3 no doomsayers. Make sure you vote, I really don't want these at the war. Reading the massacre 3 thread made me feel even more adamantly about this.

#131 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

I vote no on proposition 54, aka doomsayers. So in other words, no doomsayers. So Draconis, what do you think about a zombie round?
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#132 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

Grrr.... Okay, I have begrudgingly added Doomsayers to the banned list. HOWEVER, I still want some discussion to proceed regarding where the line is. Sure, Doomsayers may be a little over the top. But as expressed by a number of others on this forum, there is a great deal of modification require to achieve the actual title. Are you guys concerned enough that you want to ban ALL micro'd Rapid Fire Shotguns? That seems like a little much to me. Only those with 1' long barrels? Only those with massive springs installed?

Edited by Draconis, 15 March 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#133 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

in terms of ballguns...

Y'all gotta remember you're going to face THWUMP my mightiest of ballguns to date. oh and the whole SOF-T 5 have Atom Blaster Pistols ... pwnage.

Edited by baghead, 15 March 2009 - 12:04 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#134 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

Damn glad to see a war that's semi close to me here on the best coast (Salem, Or here). I head up there for seahawk games so why not a nerf war. Granted, I don't check the site all the time so there maybe wars closer to me but not that I've seen, So kudos to you on the PNW Wars!
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#135 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

in terms of ballguns...

Y'all gotta remember you're going to face THWUMP my mightiest of ballguns to date. oh and the whole SOF-T 5 have Atom Blaster Pistols ... pwnage.

So Bags, what are we talking about here... Modified blaster? Or homemade? Springs? Pumps?

Oh, and on a very sad note.... While my Target ball fit very nicely in to the barrels of the Ballzooka, I figured out that they leak. Yes, the dimples in the surface leak enough air that the plunger force cannot overcome the resistance of the lip, and the balls don't shoot. I will be exploring some methods of fixing this problem. Also, does anyone have any experience with the BuzzBee balls, and the difference in size between the older yellow Nerf balls and the new green ones?

Edited by Draconis, 15 March 2009 - 07:06 PM.

#136 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Grrr.... Okay, I have begrudgingly added Doomsayers to the banned list. HOWEVER, I still want some discussion to proceed regarding where the line is. Sure, Doomsayers may be a little over the top. But as expressed by a number of others on this forum, there is a great deal of modification require to achieve the actual title. Are you guys concerned enough that you want to ban ALL micro'd Rapid Fire Shotguns? That seems like a little much to me. Only those with 1' long barrels? Only those with massive springs installed?

Thank god. In my opinion, if we're going to be using micro'd RFSG's, then why not airsoft? Airsoft pistols that cost the same amount get similar ranges, have the same ROF, and the same ammo capacity. Basically, if we're going to be allowing RFSG's, then I suggest everyone go out and buy one, and mod them right now. Otherwise the playing field will be completely unleveled and teams will have to be based around who uses one.

#137 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

I gotta ask tantum and the rest of you over here who are so against Doomsayers. Have you actually seen one in action or are you just scared cause of the hype around them?
I mean shit its not like its anywhere near the insane level of my pb gun. (oh yeah I will bring that out just for shits and giggles. tho I broke the breech. :D )

Oh yeah. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't an airsoft gun that cost around 30 be a total POS? Cause that's all the RGSG costs. It's cheaper then the Longshot. Also unless its a co2 powered airsoft it wouldn't be likely to have a large enough plunger to move a nerf dart. Most stefans weight at least 5-10x the weight of an airsoft bb

Edited by Blacksunshine, 16 March 2009 - 06:23 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#138 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

Well, the video of FA_24 taking out an entire team in Massacre 3? shows that it can shoot far and send a spread of darts. It would be uneven unless we had a balanced number of Doomsayers on each team. Tantum made an excellent point on Doomsayers.
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#139 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

Well, the video of FA_24 taking out an entire team in Massacre 3? shows that it can shoot far and send a spread of darts. It would be uneven unless we had a balanced number of Doomsayers on each team. Tantum made an excellent point on Doomsayers.

Well, if that's all you're worried about... I have one, and so does Blackshunshine. :) And angel is an awesome player. I guarantee I'm not that good. Seriously though, Angel just broke his Doomsayer too. Because it's overmodded. The plunger just can't handle the amount of stress he is applying to it. That's why we've toned our RFS's down a bit. I made mine strong enough to be fun, but not strong enough to maim my kid or his cousins.

#140 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Actually, I'm starting to side with Draconis here. I think since none of us have ever seen a doomsayer in action before, I think we should let the guys who have 'em bring 'em, and we'll decide if they're ban-worthy when we get there.
I'm not retracting my vote though.

Edit: I just looked over the ban list, and it says no singled titans, but I have a singled, unplugged titan, with a very shoddy barrel setup that gets about 100'. Would that be banned?

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 17 March 2009 - 09:52 AM.

Singled RFS

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#141 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

I agree that we should have Doomsayers at the war to see if their that awesome possum. But I don't think we should ban all the RFSG's, we should just to a range and power test for them.

#142 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Ahh, fuck. Can we at least agree that if they dominate too much they won't be allowed the rest of the day? And damnit, I really didn't want to, but I guess I'll go buy and mod an RFSG. I took a lot of time and effort on my LS, but I'd rather get a doomsayer than be outgunned massively.

Edit: And I'm thinking, 80 feet, six barrel limit.

2nd Edit: Sunshine, I meant we should just airsoft, rather than nerf, if people are using doomsayers. Not really what I'd want, I was just trying to make a point.

Wow, another Edit: I'm fine with that titan, renegade.

Edited by TantumBull, 17 March 2009 - 09:40 PM.

#143 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

GAH, Tantum, I know what you mean, I bought all the materials to mod my longshot, and this is what happens. I definetly agree with you on the 80ft, six barrel limit, so then the longshot will have a chance.

#144 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

I think if we're going to go so much into detail about restrictions on the gun, it should just be banned. I'm still all for not allowing them. Just about every gun has its own ups and downs. Magstrikes have great rate of fire, but lack range, so you can beat that by staying out of that player's range. Crossbows have great range, but lack rate of fire, so you can beat that by grouping, rushing, or just avoiding that one shot. But Doomsayers have superior range and rate of fire... What can you do against that? And keeping the same amount of Doomsayers on each team just makes teams balanced, not the individual players. If I don't have a Doomsayer, then I have to try to avoid the person on the other team with one until my team's Doomsayer shows up to even it out.

I don't see how it's a big deal if they are banned. This war is still like four months away. That's more than enough time to pick out and modify a new primary. And just with the thought of allowing them, we already have people stopping their current projects to go out and buy a RFSG just because they know they're overpowered. Personally, I love seeing variety at the wars. I think it's really neat to see what everyone prefers to use at the wars and I like to see the individual play styles. It makes people more unique and the wars more interesting and more fun. I would way rather see teams with Longshots, Magstrikes, Airtechs, Supermaxxes, and a whole variety of other guns than just straight Doomsayers.

My vote stays at ban them 100%.

#145 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

Magstrikes have great rate of fire, but lack range, so you can beat that by staying out of that player's range. Crossbows have great range, but lack rate of fire, so you can beat that by grouping, rushing, or just avoiding that one shot. But Doomsayers have superior range and rate of fire... What can you do against that? And keeping the same amount of Doomsayers on each team just makes teams balanced, not the individual players. If I don't have a Doomsayer, then I have to try to avoid the person on the other team with one until my team's Doomsayer shows up to even it out.

I totally agree with you, but you are arguing on the premise that these "doomsayers" are of the same caliber of FA's. Even though Draconis's and Blacksunshine's RFSG are still 12 shot turreted springers, they are not the beastly 102' shooting hellspawn that FA_24's is. Like I said before, I think the people who have them should bring them, and if the general consensus is that they are too powerful, too bad use something else. But if they are under- powered enough, I think they should be allowed.
Singled RFS

#146 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

I'm still completely against them as well. And I think you're right about the all or nothing ban. I was just saying that because I thought the consensus may have changed.

#147 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

How about this. Since it was stated early in this thread that we are generally going by home field rules let me just end this discussion. At W@M they are allowed because there are larger open spaces that lend well to the use of longrange blasters. There for if you have one bring it to this war. If it is horribly overpowering then you will be asked to switch to a different gun. SO if you are bringing a Doomsayer make sure you bring a fall back primary in case it is found to be too unbalancing.

It is clear that this decision to ban them is drawn from nothing but hype and one single example of this weapon that is owned by FA24.

Singled titans are still banned as expected except for use in ball games.

Are there anymore details that we can discuss?

#148 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

Count me down as a possible for attendance. It's a few days after my bday so I just may make this my present to myself...
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#149 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

Good.

But as for Titans, what if it really sucks and only gets 100 singled, would that still be allowed?
Singled RFS

#150 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

How about this. Since it was stated early in this thread that we are generally going by home field rules let me just end this discussion. At W@M they are allowed because there are larger open spaces that lend well to the use of longrange blasters. There for if you have one bring it to this war. If it is horribly overpowering then you will be asked to switch to a different gun. SO if you are bringing a Doomsayer make sure you bring a fall back primary in case it is found to be too unbalancing.

It is clear that this decision to ban them is drawn from nothing but hype and one single example of this weapon that is owned by FA24.

I'm on board. At least we can clean up for a couple rounds, eh? Don't worry guys... After I finish my current hybrid project, you'll ask me to switch back to the RFS. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users