I haven't had the time to post my recap of Apoc. I actually played the worst that I have since I started nerfing. My Maxshot needs a serious reworking, my darts were not cooperating with me (500 rounds that were hit or miss), my Boomstick needs its barrel realigned as it is devaited right, my 1500 has a misalgined barrel and the coupler on my crossbow detached in the last round, which was the first time I used it. I couldn't get nearly as many hits as I am used to (didn't even get a single headshot all day) and my guns were seriously outranged (lots of BBBB and Titans) and outperformed due to my slow reload times. I still had fun, but I need to do some serious work on my arsenal if I want to be anywhere close to effective at Talio's war.
- Got to play with the Canadians again and to meet a few new ones.
- Finally got to meet Talio. Very cool guy.
- Got to see Doomsayer in action. Got shot by them way too many times.
- Acted like the Matador when dodging shots from Forsaken.
- Made alot of sales, making it worth renting that massive, gas guzzling truck.
- The rain. Knew it was going to happen yet didn't bring anything to protect Maryann and I.
- Getting better at Gunslinger rounds, except when Forsaken, CS, and two others started hunting me. All I could hear before they attacked was Forsaken yelling, "BADGIE!!!".
- VACC showing up, though he couldn't play yet, was cool. Glad to see him in better health than he was the last time I saw him.
- The best highlight of them all was at the end of the day when I was selling guns. Talio was looking at my Alien Racers gun, this weird gauntlet-like piece that I had. He liked it so much that I gave it to him. I turned a tall and muscular viking into a giddy little schoolboy. Best thing ever.
Things that bothered me:
- Way too many singled Titans and BBBB threw the balance of the game way off, moreso than the Doomsayers did.
- People clearing improperly. When you clear, you move away from combat, as in "Clearing the area". People were clearing behind their opponents and then shooting them.
- I love tap kills, but you can only tap as many people as you have rounds loaded. If you can only shoot once before reloading, you can't tap 4 people.
Everyone was cool and I'm sure some of the things noticed above were a result of different playstyles, but I am a cranky old man that likes things to run as they should. I'm not mad at anyone for anything that happened, I just like it when things run smoothly.
I can't wait for next year and, if gas prices drop just a bit lower, I will be travelling to alot more wars.
Now, as for pictures from the war, here is a link to my Photobucket account where the pics are located.Pictures from Apocalypse VII - 2008
Edited by badger, 17 August 2008 - 09:58 PM.